MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Phoenix Wright Movie Announced!!!!
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» The Official Miles Edgeworth Club »» Phoenix Wright Movie Announced!!!!

Must be a Club Member to Reply
05-26-11, 9:25 PM

The Japanese film website Eiga.com confirmed on Thursday that Takashi Miike (Yatterman, Crows Zero) is directing a live-action adaptation of CAPCOM's Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) videogame franchise. The film will star Hiroki Narimiya (Gokusen's Noda, NANA's Nobu, Akihabara @ DEEP's Page) as the novice attorney Phoenix Wright (Ryuichi Naruhodo) in his first collaboration with Miike. Other cast members include Takumi Saitō (RoboGeisha, Princess Princess D) as prosecutor Miles Edgeworth (Reiji Mitsurugi) as Mirei Kiritani (Arakawa under the Bridge's Nino) as Maya Fey (Mayoi Ayasato).

The film will take place in a parallel world in Japan, where a large increase in harsh crimes has led to a new court system. Under this new system, the defense attorney and public prosecutor have three days to battle cases out in open court to determine guilt or innocence of the accused, placing priority on speed instead of thorough investigation. The film studio Toei plans to use a lot of computer graphics and visual effects in the courtroom scenes in order to make them more interesting, but it will still retain the games' signature lines such as "Igi Ari!" ("Objection!") and "Kurae!" ("Take That!")

Earlier this week, Miike told interviewer Karin Badt at the Cannes Film Festival that his next film is a court drama based on a Nintendo DS videogame.

Filming is scheduled to finish in late June, with the film slated to open in theaters throughout Japan in early spring of 2012

I will be perfectly honest I think the actors look to young to be Miles and Nick but.....I'm going to watch it anyway I'm kind of a sucker for these things!
I won't be fooled by a mere 3-d girl!!!

05-27-11, 6:38 PM

Don't forget, Narimiya Hiroki is also from Stand Up! (2003) and Bloody Monday (2007)!!!!
OMG I DIED when I heard this news, but I'm actually looking forward to watch this... I mean... After watching Puripuri D drama with Takumi Saito, I was a bit nyeaa with it, but omg!! SO EXCITED XDD

After playing all the games, I want to see how Nariyama-san can pull off Phoenix XD

05-27-11, 7:43 PM

I'll be honest I'm going to watch it. If it has a Bluray release I'll probably buy it....but the guys are so pretty and that seems kind of wrong some how.... ah hell with it, I like eye candy and I'll admit I watched PuriPuri D too. It was average but Takumi is hot soooooo....I guess I'll just have to see how he does.
I won't be fooled by a mere 3-d girl!!!

05-29-11, 5:41 AM

Takashi Miike ^^ I live to see it ;D

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices