MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Vinland Saga Chapter 74 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Vinland Saga »» Vinland Saga Chapter 74 Discussion

View Poll Results: Vinland Saga Chapter 74 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

11 55.00%
4 out of 5: Liked it

7 35.00%
3 out of 5: It was OK

2 10.00%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 20

05-23-11, 6:28 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Almost swore they did one hell of a time skip when I read the first few pages. The slave looks similar to Thorfinn on a very bad day. At least he spared that woman (probably a slave) and child.

He's most likely going to be headed towards the Kettel Farm.

05-23-11, 6:34 PM

Not an amazing chapter, but decent. I'm interested to see where this is going.
The scale engraved on this badge represents "truth" and "fairness". As long as you are innocent, I will see to it that you receive a fair verdict... so please, entrust your faith to me, and wait patiently.

Latest Blog: $t€ins;Gat£

05-23-11, 11:06 PM

Maybe a fight between Thorfinn & Thorfinn look-alike but older? It would probably be a nice fight.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

05-24-11, 1:35 AM

I'm too curious to know who is this slave and who he want to meet >.<
I can't wait for the next chapter *_*

avatar and banner made by Arkanta

05-24-11, 4:17 AM

Nayah said:
Almost swore they did one hell of a time skip when I read the first few pages.
Same here, even some of the dead bodies body parts looked similar to the ones of people related to Thorfinn.

05-24-11, 5:28 AM

I liked this chapter. At first, I've tought that the evil guy was Thorfinn, but he wasn't. Loved the meal part.
I think that that evil guy will come to the farm where Thorfinn is, and he'll try to burn it down, but Throfinn will stop him. Then, everyone will be amazed and Throfinn will tell his story. And then, someone from the farm will tell Canute where Thorfinn is.

05-24-11, 9:20 AM

at first i was wondering how Thorfinn went all darkside again, but then it turns out to be some other slave

wonder who he wants to meet at the Kettle farm...

i wanna see Thorfinn in a fight again

05-24-11, 4:43 PM

Interesting development. This has potential.

05-24-11, 5:27 PM

Nice turn of events. I thought we would be seeing Canute, but he will have to wait.

05-24-11, 5:57 PM

Nayah said:
Almost swore they did one hell of a time skip when I read the first few pages. The slave looks similar to Thorfinn on a very bad day. At least he spared that woman (probably a slave) and child.

He's most likely going to be headed towards the Kettel Farm.

I was thinking the same.

If not headed towards, then already on the Kettle farm.

05-25-11, 7:24 AM

Nayah said:
Almost swore they did one hell of a time skip when I read the first few pages. The slave looks similar to Thorfinn on a very bad day.

The first pages with that Thorfinn-look-like slave caught me off guard too. I even thought for a sec that I skipped a chapter.
Well now, lets see what happens next.

05-26-11, 8:12 PM

Queen said:
Nayah said:
Almost swore they did one hell of a time skip when I read the first few pages. The slave looks similar to Thorfinn on a very bad day.

The first pages with that Thorfinn-look-like slave caught me off guard too. I even thought for a sec that I skipped a chapter.
Well now, lets see what happens next.
Pfft, I did the same thing.
The scale engraved on this badge represents "truth" and "fairness". As long as you are innocent, I will see to it that you receive a fair verdict... so please, entrust your faith to me, and wait patiently.

Latest Blog: $t€ins;Gat£

05-30-11, 10:37 AM

Wait... So is it bi-monthly now?

05-31-11, 6:34 PM

i sense Thorfinn danger in the near future....

06-03-11, 11:05 AM

I don't mind Thorfinn's newfound idealism, but he seriously needs to do something badass. Anything.

Also, I think it was kinda dumb of the author to make this new slave look so much like Thorfinn, though he probably did it to conviniently compare them later (in a what-he-is vs. what-he-could-have-become kinda way, because of the part in the beginning when he said he'd kill his owners if he ever becomes a slave). It was confusing though.
Modified by LieutenantWinter, 06-03-11, 11:08 AM
“There's power in the night. There's terror in the darkness. Despite all our accumulated history, learning, and experience, we remember. We remember times when we were too small to reach the light switch on the wall, and when darkness itself was enough to make us cry out in fear....”
~ The Dresden Files
★ ★ ★

06-07-11, 6:37 PM

When's the next update?...
“There's power in the night. There's terror in the darkness. Despite all our accumulated history, learning, and experience, we remember. We remember times when we were too small to reach the light switch on the wall, and when darkness itself was enough to make us cry out in fear....”
~ The Dresden Files
★ ★ ★

12-02-11, 6:00 AM

really well paced, well rounded chapter, although a bit too short, which is my only complain at the moment. It takes ages for on chapter to come out and its only as long as a weekly manga.

At the beginning, I thought Thorfinn was having one of his nightmares.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices