Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 20, 2011 12:59 AM
Feb 2010
I kinda like Kimimaro's main opponent in this episode ^___^

I mean, he isn't that much of a bad person considering how he helps those ppl....though he does look kinda crazy in that battle....

(Still, really hope to see him and his ridiculously huge asset again in the future....)

In other news, hurray for the Jennifer fanservice :D

Overall score: 5/5
KoisolaMay 20, 2011 2:30 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

May 20, 2011 1:07 AM

Feb 2009
Random fanservice is random.
I feel a bit trolled there. Wished we saw how that fight went. But damn, that was a brutal beating of Mashyu.
And I like all those talks of the people who approached Yoga, especially Mikuni's.
Wish Yoga would man up a bit and make up his mind though with all those people influencing him.
Still, this show is awesome and I want to see how this ends up.

I like how Mashyu doesn't know what a date means.
May 20, 2011 1:29 AM

Dec 2007
Wow, that was an extremely poorly put together episode. It has been a decent series so far (aside from the terrible CG parts), but this episode was really rushed and was put together sloppily.
All the dialog was too fast paced, and all crammed in. They tried to put way to much into one episode. That was not a good episode. 1/5
mokuzu-May 20, 2011 1:43 AM
May 20, 2011 1:41 AM

Oct 2010
thechensta said:
Yumekichi11 said:
He does have reason to be fighting for the kids and causes but man Kimimaro got pawned! Damn it!

I'm pretty sure Kimimaro won that since:
1. Sennoza lost some of his staff
2. He said Kimimaro landed a second mezzoflation
3. He said that he had to depend on charity and campaigns now and that he wouldn't depend on Midas Money at that point
4. They used a dark tone when talking about the pictures after the battle
No I mean Kimimaro got pawned in that he suffered major trauma to the major wounds of his asset. Yeah he did win after he most likely went berserk but why the heck they did not show it is most likely to save it for a flashback. He for sure went berserk. I should have been more precise over the pawning of Mashu/trauma result.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 20, 2011 2:36 AM

Apr 2009
Why the hell didn't they include the last part of the fight?
May 20, 2011 3:37 AM

Jan 2008
OShoranO said:

Was probably too gory.
May 20, 2011 4:21 AM
Mar 2010
Airyaxe said:
OShoranO said:

Was probably too gory.

They bleed money .__. And plus, Mashu was swimming in a pool of her own, so why would they exclude the last part of the fight for it being too gory?
May 20, 2011 4:47 AM

Dec 2009
They probably didn't show the rest of the fight because this isn't a battle show. It's all about the responsibilities one gets when using Midas Money and the ethics of of how you use it. So in the last fight the point was Kimimaro's choice after being presented with the different factions and ideals within the city.
Ara ara.
May 20, 2011 4:49 AM

Aug 2008
(I just realised I'm perfectly fine with fanservice as long as it doesn't involve any loli girls.)

That aside, the episode was rather nice - though slightly rushed with all that flooding dialogue. I actually liked it when the last scenes of the battle were cut off, since it managed to surprise me (= keep things a bit more interesting).

The CG is still pretty horrible.
May 20, 2011 4:57 AM

Mar 2011
At the last fight scene I was like, "Go Yoga! Show that charity boy your true strength". Then I just blinked then... NOTHING. -__-
I would've really wanted to see how the fight finished. Oh well.

Though the fanservices and the taxi part were funny. XD
May 20, 2011 4:58 AM

Oct 2010
DoctorDoom said:
They probably didn't show the rest of the fight because this isn't a battle show. It's all about the responsibilities one gets when using Midas Money and the ethics of of how you use it. So in the last fight the point was Kimimaro's choice after being presented with the different factions and ideals within the city.
So he just showed he joins in more Mikuni's ideas but did you notice that at the end he was shocked at the answer Kou replied to him in regards to the kids pics. Wonder if that itself may be a foreshadow that Mikuni's ideas are not that great. Jennifer siding may seem probable.

I want to see some ecchi of Kou x Jennifer. That would seal the fate of Kimimaro against Mikuni.

May 20, 2011 5:38 AM

Apr 2011
noitaminA headquarters

"Oh god this Sennoza vs Kimimaro fight is going to be the most epic shit ever
-E-toooooo...
-What ?
-We don't have enough money to animate the fight...
-F*** ! Why didn't you tell me that ?
-Anyway I found a great alternative !
-What is it ?
-FORCED MELODRAMA !"
May 20, 2011 6:13 AM

Jan 2009
Kimimaro won but i want to see how he won
May 20, 2011 6:53 AM

Apr 2011
I did like the episode overall ... Myshu took a BRUTAL beating there, even losing an arm. But I really wanted to see how the One-Armed Succubus took down an as-yet-untouched Giant Motherfucking ANGEL, even screwing the rules and using a double Mezzoflation (whatever that means ... Myshu could've even busted out a new move for all we know, animators didn't show it).

I'm hoping they'll at least show the final attack(s) next week, I wanna know why his double-Mezzo was so effective @_@ And did our Prince go bankrupt? Kimimaro must've pWned the hell out of him during that missing 30 seconds or so. With Mezzo too, instead of going for Directs like he usually does. The two probably did go berserk, then, and hammered their opponent with everything they had to try and survive rather than just win by a narrow margin.
May 20, 2011 6:55 AM

May 2010
Woah, what a brutal battle at the end xD they could show ending of it :S

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
May 20, 2011 7:03 AM

Jul 2009
I really wanted to see that battle and I'm curious as to what happened.
Not only that, yet I wanted to see the fight that started at the end of last weeks episode. :(
I hope this series doesn't become known for cutting corners.

May 20, 2011 7:09 AM

Feb 2010
Cut the battle, what a cop out. I am disappoint.
May 20, 2011 7:51 AM

Nov 2010
Didn't we miss a fight between the previous episode and this episode? I don't like irresponsible and abrupt development like this.

However this episode is far better than the previous one, because it focused on mental rather than physical. No battle sequence? No problem. Kimimaro, Mikuni and the beautiful opponent showed their stand points clearly and carried out their belief.

In the last battle of this episode, Mashu lost a lot of her blood and... her arm. Kimimaro said "More than the future or anything, I'm most afraid of losing what's close to me." Quite right. We may not be able to save the world, but we should try to save the loved ones first of all. This kind of concise and compact things would be boundary that we can recognize.
May 20, 2011 8:21 AM

Jul 2009
She managed to pull of a double mezzoflation with only one arm. And then, what was the enemy doing during that time? Lazing around?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 20, 2011 8:47 AM
Jun 2010
Kurogashi said:
we got trolled at the end.
we sacrificed an epic fighting scene for some fan service.
not sure if it was worth it..

yeah, quite disappointing imo
May 20, 2011 9:10 AM
Jul 2010
Mineko said:
(I just realised I'm perfectly fine with fanservice as long as it doesn't involve any loli girls.)

Yeah, same thing here. It's kinda wired but even though I usually absolutely hate fanservice, it didn't bother me at all in this episode.

Anyway, [C] needed 24 episodes. Seriously, this series is pretty good and this episode was really nice and interesting with the exposition of different perspectives and the pressure set on Kimimaro to make a decision but felt a bit rushed (mainly in the dialog) and I was a bit disappointed with their decision not to show the end of the fight.
May 20, 2011 9:16 AM

Jan 2009
Dusk252 said:
Mineko said:
Yeah, same thing here. It's kinda wired but even though I usually absolutely hate fanservice, it didn't bother me at all in this episode.
Oh right, there was even fanservice in this episode. I hardly even noticed. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 20, 2011 9:17 AM

Aug 2009
I was wondering... what will happen if Kimimaro were to accept not to deal? he wouldnt win and wouldnt lose right?
Sennoza will pay for half of the money Kimimaro will lose right... but will there any effect on the reality world?
May 20, 2011 9:17 AM

May 2010
Let's totally judge quality of the episode by saying it was a cop out because it skipped two fire explosion sequences that totally haven't been done before. Where's my amazing action scene, damn it? I'm going back to my Dragon Ball Z and Katanagatari Episode 4 preview in a fit of rage.
May 20, 2011 9:32 AM
Feb 2008
I really liked that charity guy - he should have won. It was egoistic of Kimimaro not to think of the future of al thel children and just win for his own sake.
May 20, 2011 9:45 AM
Dec 2007
Direction is outstandingly always in phase with the script and themes in this series. And I also like it that we didn't see how Kimimaro won his deal (without using his big attack too, he only used two mezzoflations), it will be even better when we actually enjoy the big showdown between him and Mikuni. Oh and once again all the characters were really fantastic, especially Msyu and Kimimaro - what a great main character he does -. I look forward to him finally finding his path and goal in the financial district.

LordMarluxia said:
Let's totally judge quality of the episode by saying it was a cop out because it skipped two fire explosion sequences that totally haven't been done before. Where's my amazing action scene, damn it? I'm going back to my Dragon Ball Z and Katanagatari Episode 4 preview in a fit of rage.

That made me laugh !

A lot of people are watching this series for strange reasons honestly if they're pissed by the lack of action scenes. First of all, it's not an action series, then there's only 11 episodes to cram A LOT of developments and scenario (much more than most 26-episodes series) so obviously Nakamura won't waste it on stupid fighting sequences slowing down its pace (also, they probably don't have the budget for these so...), and finally, the action sequences are only there as a metaphor for economic war so we don't actually need to witness all of them, knowing the result is sufficient in the end, especially with the level of direction involved.
JacutMay 20, 2011 9:56 AM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 20, 2011 9:59 AM

Dec 2008
I was crying for Mashu during that fight with Sennoza. Yoga really cares about his asset.
May 20, 2011 11:08 AM

Jan 2010
This episode was so damned rushed. Still good nonetheless
May 20, 2011 12:24 PM

Dec 2007
This was a poorly executed episode. Everything was so rushed and crammed that I don't think there was ever a pause between any of the dialogue. One could argue that it's all to emulate the feeling of Yoga getting dragged around by everyone and having no control over the situation--but it's not. It's just crappy execution. And now that I see that C is only set for 11 episodes, I'm disappointed. More than likely, the rest of the series is going to be a rush job.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
May 20, 2011 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
the hell? They skipped the whole frikkin' fight! This blows! >.<

Other than that a great episode. Many developments and Kimimaro won another fight, even though we didn't see it.

Some CGI scenes were very apparent and ugly this time around though. Especially the part where he gets into the van.

Looking forward to next week!

May 20, 2011 1:19 PM

Dec 2010
XxshizxX said:
Just liking kimimaroXmashu's moment.

i know right! it made the fangirl in me squeal for minutes *____*
May 20, 2011 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
I thought there was some good plot progression, a bit rushed, but overall good.

I didn't mind fanserivice either...

Overall, solid episode.
May 20, 2011 1:59 PM
Feb 2011
I'd be pissed if they made the fight scene bluray exclusive ...
May 20, 2011 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
Fuck yeah!
The best fight scenes are the ones where the good guys get mutilated.
The best life scenes are the ones where the good guys get muffled by breasts of a mature woman.

This episode had both.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2011 3:19 PM

Sep 2009
That was intense. I was messing with my rubik's cube at the time of the fight but then I was just so caught up in the fight when I looked up that I had to rewind so I could actually focus on it all. But dang, that was epic. I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get to see the end of the fight though. xD
May 20, 2011 3:29 PM

Oct 2009
What happened to the climax of the fight scene? -.-
May 20, 2011 3:45 PM

Jul 2010
Seeker said:
This was a poorly executed episode. Everything was so rushed and crammed that I don't think there was ever a pause between any of the dialogue. One could argue that it's all to emulate the feeling of Yoga getting dragged around by everyone and having no control over the situation--but it's not. It's just crappy execution. And now that I see that C is only set for 11 episodes, I'm disappointed. More than likely, the rest of the series is going to be a rush job.

Agreed with this.

It was pretty meh. Love how charity guy just stood there and waited until Yoga and Mashu finished their bonding moment. Yeah.. 2 seconds later somehow he just won even with a disabled asset. Ok..
May 20, 2011 4:25 PM

May 2009
That fight was lame. How the heck did Kimimaro actually win? It feels like the creators didn't show it because they had no idea either how could he win, but since it was written in the script, they somehow had to make him the winner. Meh.

This show had an interesting premise, but it's already getting ruined. I can't expect anything good after this. And this show has the worst animation in the season btw. Seriously, what's up with the random crappy CGI characters? I can't believe how small of a budget does this show could have.
May 20, 2011 5:31 PM

Oct 2010
Villetta_Nu said:
I was crying for Mashu during that fight with Sennoza. Yoga really cares about his asset.
Finally someone who shares my feelings. Same here, I was also having sick feelings inside my stomach once seeing Mashu's arm. OMG

May 20, 2011 5:35 PM
Jun 2009
I might drop this show if they pull another bull shit fight like that its just over when he is getting his ass kicked and then all of a sudden he won WTF I MEAN I AM SURE THAT WAS NOT A CENSOR CUT FOR THE FIGHT BECAUSE OF WHAT IT SHOWED UP TIL THEN BUT HOW THE HELL DO YOU REMOVE WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A EPIC FIGHT AND END UP WITH THAT and also at the end of the last episode he was attacked by what looked like a giant vagina with fangs wtf happened with that fight it just skipped it and in this ep he is battling a sheep/wtf doll asset I want to know what happend with the fanged vagina asset and the creepy lady!
May 20, 2011 5:37 PM

May 2010
Fanservice? Guro? Blood? Where?!
May 20, 2011 6:50 PM

Nov 2008
They cut away from what would have been a great fight but at the end this turned out to be interesting. The part about the asset embodying their owners future is interesting.
May 20, 2011 6:59 PM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
thechensta said:
Yumekichi11 said:
He does have reason to be fighting for the kids and causes but man Kimimaro got pawned! Damn it!

I'm pretty sure Kimimaro won that since:
1. Sennoza lost some of his staff
2. He said Kimimaro landed a second mezzoflation
3. He said that he had to depend on charity and campaigns now and that he wouldn't depend on Midas Money at that point
4. They used a dark tone when talking about the pictures after the battle
No I mean Kimimaro got pawned in that he suffered major trauma to the major wounds of his asset. Yeah he did win after he most likely went berserk but why the heck they did not show it is most likely to save it for a flashback. He for sure went berserk. I should have been more precise over the pawning of Mashu/trauma result.

I felt it was a really bad of how they didn't show the fight presented at the end of episode 5 and not to mention they didn't even show them winning this episode. Sure it wasn't really the most important thing, but after Mashu got brutally beaten down like that I'd like to see her get a bit of payback. Still not like there was any choice in the end of this one for Kimimaro. They were completely put with their backs against the wall. Against someone that powerful you can't really try to just balance it out perfectly. It was win or lose.

Kimimaro really is being approached by a lot of people with different viewpoints. Tough to figure out which way he should look or what he should believe in. Think his thoughts at the end of this episode are all he can work with. Right now he just has to focus on not losing those who are precious to him. Maybe through all of this he'll find his path and how to survive without ruining the lives of others or having his own life ruined.

Really do enjoy the moments with Kimimaro and Mashu though. Funny enough with him getting flustered over the date conversation :). Things are slowly developing with those two.

May 20, 2011 7:22 PM

Dec 2009
A lot of you guys keep saying how disappointing it was for the fight to have been as you say "copped out" but this anime was never really one to appeal with epic fights to begin with.

I thought it was another interesting perspective with how one may choose to manipulate money or in this case try to better the futures of the less fortunate. I like how Yoga is constantly not decisive on all of these appearing ideals showing up in the district. It just goes to show that there really isn't much of an absolute correct way to handle it besides looking out for yourself.

So if all you care about is how one some character rips his opponent apart with over exaggerated attacks repeatedly in a boringly long fight spanning over too many episodes, don't bother with this. This is a ethical battle more than anything which is completely fine since it is at least not common in that regard.
May 20, 2011 7:31 PM

Apr 2009
I really liked this episode up to the final fight with charity guy.
1) How the heck did Kimimaro win? Angel wiped the floor with them in two moves, then patiently waited till they were done with their epic moment, and victory!! How. HOW. How is that even possible?
2) I thought charity guy had a good reason for fighting. Better than Kimimaro at least. I thought it'd be more interesting if Kimimaro lost just once - and the charity guy looked like suitable winner imho. Man, if Kimimaro won for no other reason except being the protagonist... >___>
May 20, 2011 8:12 PM

Aug 2010
XxshizxX said:
Just liking kimimaroXmashu's moment.

Yeah they're pretty good. I almost shed a tear.. almost. When his asset came out I was just like :O!!
May 20, 2011 8:38 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was by far my favorite yet even thought they cut the battle scene short =(
May 20, 2011 9:18 PM

Sep 2009
i wanna see the double mezzoflations.....
poor mashu , seeing her being torn apart just made me sad
May 20, 2011 9:51 PM

Oct 2008
Nice fighto.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 20, 2011 10:29 PM

Jul 2010
That was a nice episode and it shows what people really think of the Financial District.

That charity guy said he landed two mezzoflations, but in a situation like that...how'd did he even survive one *Angel*? If Mashu took a while to heal he would basically be in a 1 v 2 situation.
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.