Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 28, 2011 9:28 PM

Aug 2010
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jintan, who actually went to school, is so cool for protecting Anaru from the rumor.

Yeah, total cool mode.Anaru total virgin, LOL!
May 30, 2011 11:33 PM

Feb 2011
Kawaii Jintan! XD
Jun 2, 2011 12:16 PM

Apr 2011
Wonder why Jinta got a nosebleed. My guess is he has strong feelings for Menma.
It was funny at the end, Jinta going like "She really is a virgin" XDD

Another great episode :)
5/5
Jun 9, 2011 9:49 AM
Mar 2010
woaaaaaa...... what is that episode final?? bh... I'm so curious for next episodes, I really wonder who real is Menma and there is a little hint for her desire..... Jintan is awesome in some moments, and I think Yukiatsu is good chara, too....

next to 7th ep
Jun 16, 2011 12:39 PM

Mar 2011
More good character development!

Loved the scene of Aneru being hit on, then getting in trouble for it. Then Jinta jumps in and saves her....sort of (loved the love hotel face bit)!

More!
Jun 19, 2011 3:55 PM

Apr 2009
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin on tv! xD haha. I love cameos.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 20, 2011 10:51 PM

Mar 2010
Another episode that almost left me in tears. I wonder how long I can bare watching this series. Only 6 more to go and I'm already at my limit. Good thing I took a break from watching anime, I probably saved myself from a lot of unneeded pressure. The previews title has me a little spooked! (o.o) Looking forward to the next!
Jun 25, 2011 6:36 PM

Apr 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
  • Based on the following spoiler
    Jinta's look at Menma's mom sure showed something is up IMO. I wonder what and why did she look away from Jinta's eyes. There must be a reason for this perhaps.

• This.
    deadoptimist said:
    Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
    Jun 28, 2011 6:24 AM

May 2010
    Wow, everyone is a loser in this show.
    Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
    Jul 15, 2011 11:49 AM

Oct 2009
    "I just had a nosebleed, so it's not like I'm horny for you or anything"
    Oh, Jintan~
    Jul 19, 2011 9:28 AM

Jan 2011
    the nosebleed shows Jintan is normal :)

Yukiatsu and Tsuruko seems to remember something on that fateful day, maybe related to Menma's wish

and i cant wait to read that diary too...
    Jul 20, 2011 12:09 AM

Dec 2009
    Confucius said:

*sigh* I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wish people would pay attention to the saying - "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Really breaks my heart when such a good series as this gets trolls and such clogging the forums with hate and mean comments. But, haters gonna' hate I guess :'C

Annnnnways, great episode! It was perfect timing because I was starting to get down. With all of the developments and drama, I was hoping a episode like this would come along. But, I still managed to get teary eyed anyways....

But, can't wait for the next episode <3
    Aug 22, 2011 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
    sillyker0nian said:
    Confucius said:

*sigh* I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wish people would pay attention to the saying - "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Really breaks my heart when such a good series as this gets trolls and such clogging the forums with hate and mean comments. But, haters gonna' hate I guess :'C

seriously. so obnoxious. but i suppose there's always a show at least one person hates.

as for the episode does menma have to cry every single episode or what? and why do her tears always brings tears of my own!?!? it's not fair. sigh i don't wanna stop watching but i gotta get ready for mah first day of school. WAHHH!
    Sep 13, 2011 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
    Confucius said:

Well, I guess I'm a loser because I can relate to pretty much every character on some level in this series....except for the cross dressing bit. And, I've never had a friend die on me.
    "Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
    Oct 30, 2011 7:06 PM

Aug 2009
    Yes, one may not need to prattle about their negative opinions here but then again... they have every right to say what they want to about this episode. Stick to your own opinions people. Don't let others' matter.

Anyways, I'm getting a wee bit tired now. Menme already annoyed me from the start. I hope they get on with her being able to talk with everyone else.

Only 5 episodes left! And I was watching non-stop. Something tells me much of it will remain shrouded in mystery when it ends. Sigh that'd suck.
    Nov 19, 2011 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
    Great episode! I love Jinta and Anaru. Definitely shipping that. xD The end was hilarious. "That nosebleed was from before!" haah.

Loved Jinta going to school and saving Anaru :)

5/5
    Nov 19, 2011 1:57 PM

Jul 2011
    Oh yea, go Jinta..... I was secretly cheering for him "You go man, SAY IT!" even though I already expected that to happen... since that always happens. ;p

Anyways, good episode.
    Nov 24, 2011 12:38 PM

Jul 2010
    for som reason i understand jintan when he said it felt anticlimactic how everyone was supossed to look at him but everyone was fixated on naruko. but yea, he finally stodd up, also literally, lol

Dec 14, 2011 4:54 AM

Nov 2008
    Awesome for Jintan to stand up for Anaru (damn i still keep forgetting their names)! I thought this anime is very emotional but am glad that it still contains its comedic moments. :-D

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that Jintan DOES have feelings for Menma! ^.^
    Dec 16, 2011 4:41 PM

Dec 2007
    I'm surprised that Jinta actually went to school. At least he made some progress in life.
    Dec 21, 2011 3:02 AM

Nov 2011
    I loved a very tiny detail. At the beginning of the episode Jintan is wondering why Menma is with him and not in heaven in a dark room. The tv is on, and when he finally makes up his mind a ghost picture pops up on the screen and he screams his head off. That small bit was pure genius.
    These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
    Feb 7, 2012 4:56 PM

Sep 2010
    Ouch I pity Anjou so much for the shame she had to go through in school...I'm kinda liking her more now than before.
    I wonder when Jintan will tell people what Menma says. It's a shame he never does.
    "If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
    Feb 8, 2012 4:46 AM

Sep 2008
    13man18 said:
    Jinta actually makes some progress with himself that never talks out and makes himself out of place. I wonder why did Jinta get a nosebleed or was it just out of random.

Don't some people get them out of stress? He was shouting at Menma, so maybe that triggered it.

Tsuruko and Yukiatsu clearly have some important remembrance of something Menma intended to do that day... Now I really want to know what she was going to ask advice for, too.
    Feb 11, 2012 11:05 AM

Jan 2012
    What's with the nosebleed? Anyway, liking Anjou more. That last scene is funny ^^
    Wonder why Menma's mother look away from Jinta?
    Mar 17, 2012 11:33 PM
    Mar 2010
    Her Hamtaro made this episode.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
    Jul 15, 2012 12:44 AM

Aug 2010
    I love this episode for the interaction between Jintan and Anaru!

So maybe Menma's situation is supposed to make me feel sad or touched, but seeing Menma in that last scene (dinner) just annoys me.. I think it's partly the voice...or that she just cries a lot
    Jul 24, 2012 5:00 AM

May 2012
    Lol @ ending scene nosebleed :p
    Aug 11, 2012 6:14 PM
    Mar 2010
    Making my mom and sister watch this now... I'm an asshole, BUT YOLO.

& (something I failed to address months ago) Jintan's comment about Anaru being a virgin was kind of strange, seeing as I definitely think he's a virgin too, haha. How could he not be? He's got no social life, and he's a hikikimori.
    mylovelyfateAug 11, 2012 6:28 PM

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
    Aug 14, 2012 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
    Awww Jintan really has some balls.
    Aug 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Jun 2012
    That classroom part made me cringe a little...
    ‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
    Oct 1, 2012 5:43 AM

Sep 2011
    I wonder how he got a nosebleed during arguing with Menma but that closing part is funny. :D

Nov 13, 2012 10:02 AM

Feb 2011

She might be the cutest thing ever .
    Jan 4, 2013 1:20 AM

Jul 2009
    im glad Jinta man up and save Naruko from those stupid rumors.

just because Naruko is kinda loose, doesn't mean she's a prostitute.

i fucking hate rumors like this shit.

feel sorry for Tsurumi having to deal with those jealous girls.

i do wonder if she likes Matsuyuki or she's just likes to hang with him.

Menma's mom staring to Jinta, she knows he's probably the cause of her daughter's death.

don't get way ahead of yourself Poppo :P

wow Naruko with that clothes O___O

*nosebleed

yummy!!

love the episode, we are slowly making progress on why Menma won't leave this world.

it's obvious the reason why Jinta won't help her find peace, because he couldn't let go of her.

can't wait for the next one!
    Jan 19, 2013 10:26 AM
    Feb 5, 2013 8:22 AM
    Jan 2013
    It was not bad but could be better
    Mar 18, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2012
    mylovelyfate said:
    Her Hamtaro made this episode.

Agreed, it was perfect <3
    Mar 22, 2013 7:01 PM
    Jul 2018

Nosebleed! XDD
    Mar 27, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2012
    Menma's dad is the worst... D:
    May 4, 2013 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
    It really is as Anaru said last episode - Jinta can be surprisingly nice. He went out of his way to stop the back talk of the other students.

Yusake and Tsuruko remember that Menma wanted advice on that day. This will probably lead them to rejoin the group and let them know as well. I'm also super excited to find out what's in her diary.

Jinta scolding Menma about thinking about herself was so sweet. His gaze at her from earlier when he was returning home really shows how much he loves and cares about her.

I'm seriously enjoying this show!
    -Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
    May 23, 2013 5:17 AM

Apr 2013
    The part when Jintan stood up for Anjou was brave. And the moment when he had a nose bleed in front of her was hilarious.
    May 26, 2013 6:18 AM

Dec 2012
    Every episode thus far has been great. Love how Jinta stuck up for Anjou.
    May 31, 2013 7:43 AM

Jan 2012
    Jintan was pretty cool this time. I liked how he stood up for Anaru.

Aug 15, 2013 5:06 AM

Sep 2012
    I think Anjou is cute.
    Sep 26, 2013 9:58 AM

Oct 2009
    Occult Gakuin on TV!! O_O!
    Why did Jinta get a nosebleed? o.o
    Poor Anjou :/
    Sep 30, 2013 2:14 PM

May 2013
    Major plot and characther development this ep. was really great
    Dec 4, 2013 6:21 AM

Oct 2013
    I learned something today, Anaru is a virgin.
    Dec 15, 2013 3:56 PM
    Feb 2013
    I got to say, this anime is really keeping a good mood, it is sad and up lifting all at once, but it never really overshadow each other tone wise. Thumbs up.
    Dec 26, 2013 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
    Yay Jintan goes to school, really like his school attire, though just a bit short live. Jintan and Anaru's classmates should learn to mind their own business when spreading false rumors around the school. I give points to Jintan for taking Anaru away from the school. Somehow a good progressing character for Jintan.

Damn visiting Menma's parents can be a bit tough for the three of them. Yukiatsu has some charms for being popular from the girls, which makes Tsuruko a bit uneasy...

And yet another drama in the end about towards near at the end, but a nice close up to Anaru thanks to Jintan :D.

Feb 4, 2014 8:51 PM
    Jul 2018
    tsubasalover said:
    Jintan, who actually went to school, is so cool for protecting Anaru from the rumor.

He actually went to school! Holy crap, I wish that everybody ignored me when I missed a lot of school, but instead everybody at my school had to be absolute jackasses and make very rude comments and rumors about me...
    Anyways...

That last scene with the nosebleed was funny LOL

Great episode!! :D I love this anime.
    Mar 23, 2014 5:06 PM

Aug 2013
    Mmm, I wonder why Anaru didn't go home. Did meeting her parents didn't go as well as she thought it would?

Ahhhh, Menma, you're so sexually oblivious :P
    And Jin-tan getting excited at the end xD

Holy shit son! Jin-tan was champ right there in the class. That speech was so awkward, but how to defeat awkwardness other than being even more awkward? :P
    Though, the school direction really failed on that one, humiliating a young girl like her, that's really horrible.
    «Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
    - Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
    Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - May 12, 2011

299 by NillyPC »»
    Yesterday, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

388 by NillyPC »»
    Yesterday, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

318 by NillyPC »»
    Apr 21, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notnishiura - Apr 21, 2011

359 by NillyPC »»
    Apr 21, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 14, 2011

434 by NillyPC »»
    Apr 21, 2:34 PM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.