Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 20, 2011 5:55 PM

Jun 2009
Episode 6. Just brilliant. Especially the animation. So many hilarious little touches. Rewatch value 110%. And development in a direction I did not expect:...Getting all three girls together. Maekawa-san is just great. Ryuushi and Erio are so totally over the top, in their different directions. One of the best "harem" episodes I can recall.
Some of the visual excellences: Ryuuko's swinging umbrella, her throwing her bag onto the shelf, Erio flying to rescue her stuffed animal, the rhythms of Makoto serving tea to the old lady, when she removed her cup early so we might think he could spill the tea -- but he didn't. Ryuuko's beautiful lunch, and the way she played with it. The way the tomato went into her mouth. The odd angle of the view of her lying on the steps. The natural way her helmet skipped across the ground. Etc., etc., etc. Just great stuff. Some Ghibli real life details, with Shaft playfulness and some of the Shinbou artistic angles.
Storyboard by Sayama Kiyoko, director of Vampire Knight and Skip Beat. Her first work for Shinbou, as far as I can see. (Scratch that: ja.Wikipedia shows her doing storyboards for both Arakawa shows.) Directed by Majima Takahiro, who did eps of MadoMagi (#5) and Arakawa2 (#6). Must be young, since he was a "production runner" for three eps of Noein.

Four, count 'em four, animation directors. Two of the two-person teams that are doing eps of this show. No wonder they had time to do all those little touches. Animation direction: 村山公輔, 松本元気. Animation direction assistance: 高野晃久, 潮月一也.

May 20, 2011 6:05 PM

Nov 2008
Tsuki-Hime said:
Yumekichi11 said:
zeando34 said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Yumekichi11 said:

that is way too adorable.
Really? She sort of looks like a psychopath here.
she resembles, more than usual, meme there xD
Depends how you look at it. I don't see her like that at all.
I agree. depends on how you look. when i saw, i was like. wow. so cute.
^I seriously keep laughing with your avatar. I can't tell if its creepy or cute with the fast movement. Totally reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 20, 2011 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
DenjaX said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
Yumekichi11 said:
zeando34 said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Really? She sort of looks like a psychopath here.
she resembles, more than usual, meme there xD
Depends how you look at it. I don't see her like that at all.
I agree. depends on how you look. when i saw, i was like. wow. so cute.
^I seriously keep laughing with your avatar. I can't tell if its creepy or cute with the fast movement. Totally reminds me of this:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

well. avatar sure is fast because of editing... but original is not fast and creepy.. though i updated that fast avatar about 10 hrs ago but MAL cache is too slow to pick new image.
May 20, 2011 6:54 PM

Oct 2010
DenjaX said:

Erio looks more than anything like a doll to play around with and be gentle. The youtube video is far from what I would think of Erio as of this episode.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 20, 2011 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
Tsuki-Hime said:
well. avatar sure is fast because of editing... but original is not fast and creepy.. though i updated that fast avatar about 10 hrs ago but MAL cache is too slow to pick new image.
^nuuuu at least let me copy it before you change it :'( I want to add it to my erio collection..

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 20, 2011 8:29 PM
Sep 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

DAT FACE.

Personally, I lol'd when I saw it for the first time, and I still do whenever I see it---both because it's absolutely adorable and moe-tastically awkward. It's like she's morphing into Meme~

~~

Quite honestly, I enjoyed this episode. Sure, the animation quality seemed to drop somewhat, and it just seemed to be padding for future episodes; but, nonetheless, it was necessary. Out of all of the episodes thus far, this was certainly the weakest, but I would defy calling it bad or even lackluster~

There's a clear amount of tension building in Makoto's life now. At least a single episode would have been needed to identify all of the struggles going on so that they can be built-on later and the audience can feel a greater attachment toward the characters involved. After all, this is the halfway point of the series~

Erio's standing in society was clarified by an outside opinion (other than someone related to her). It turns out that she's basically a black mark and had gotten herself a bad rap by indirectly labeling herself as crazy. Ryuuko doesn't want Makoto to have this same influence placed upon him and does her best to subtly tell him to "think over" his relationship with Erio. The grandma telling Makoto that Erio may be nervous is a sign that she might be aware of Makoto's schoolmates attempting to keep him---the only person who really wanted to get to know Erio and be her friend---away from her. Among other tidbits, all of the major events that occurred in this episode were completely necessary for the plot to move forward fluently and to keep with the sympathetic tone~

Not to mention, we saw a flash of what Erio was like in high school before dropping-out during Ryuuko and Makoto's conversation in the rain. It was subtle and open to interpretation; that's doing foreshadowing well, in my opinion~

I'll close my ramblings with a quote from Maekawa that could quite possibly be one of the most important lines in the entire series:

"If there's a right time and a right place for everyone, just where does Touwa belong?"
May 20, 2011 10:01 PM

Feb 2010
Is it just me or was there a lot more noticeable QUALITY this episode? Might've just been me but they looked really off-model at times.

Otherwise very enjoyable, I adore every scene that uses that really crazy BGM that was used during the bedroom scene
May 20, 2011 10:51 PM
Dec 2008
omg i love this anime
i cant believe its already ep 6!!!! which means already half way done!!!
NOOO i want another cour or a second season
this shit is just too enjoyable
May 20, 2011 11:41 PM

Oct 2010
Well I have not really outline my 2 favorite parts so not many people mentioned but Maekawa has a very naughty face in the following,

in fact it looks perverted but I still love her faces in the spoiler

Of course Meme surprising Ryuuko in the following,

was a major wing for me as was Ryuuko the way she reacted in the spoiler
to Maekawa's fun things being intercourse and such.

The part of Mr Pluto on the chair was adorable considering that Ryuuko hugged him and Erio ran off to stop Ryuuko from touching him.

About Ryuuko, small section against haters of her. How can you not love her with all those cute faces of her in the spoiler
not to mention when she was cautious with her umbrella part, her worrisome face here, her surprised face at Meme's surprise here, the way she saluted Niwa and most of all that sumo push of her in the spoiler
That is so much that makes her adorable even though she does take time away from Erio. The only problem I had that got me freaked out is her behavior in the spoiler
that was so sudden and all. Really strange it came suddenly like that.

My 2 other contributions are a GIF I found around the net in the spoiler
and Onsen Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko?

May 20, 2011 11:48 PM

Dec 2010
OMG Ryuuko bugged me so much in this episode. I went from liking her at the beginning to not being able to tolerate her childish attempts and rude comments about Erio. I would have said something when she said he would be shunned.
- Marissa Chan!
May 21, 2011 4:50 AM
Apr 2010
Overall a hilarious episode, but Ryuushi did end up annoying me this episode with her random screaming and stuff, probably a full episode devoted to her is too much to take haha.

And anyone else think it was perfect that Makoto would pick the fish, Hilgendorf's saucord his reason being because 'it stands out from all the others', when all the woman close to him is, shall we say, unique and stands out as well.
May 21, 2011 7:26 AM
Sep 2009
animes123 said:

And anyone else think it was perfect that Makoto would pick the fish, Hilgendorf's saucord his reason being because 'it stands out from all the others', when all the woman close to him is, shall we say, unique and stands out as well.

I took it as a reference specifically applying to Erio, since immediately afterward, Ryuuko tells Makoto that she doesn't want him to stand out---again, referring back to the conversation they had in the rain~
May 21, 2011 8:38 AM

Apr 2008
WAY too much Ryuuko. Ugh, can't stand her. :/ Next episode probably will be just as annoying, with her insulting Erio and trying to win Mako's attention. Yay?
May 21, 2011 10:44 AM
Jan 2010
What the HELL was wrong with Mazui's release this week? I thought I was watching Horriblesubs for a while there.
May 21, 2011 4:42 PM

May 2009
Thought this was one of the more enjoyable episodes of late. The scene in Makoto's room was exhausting but kinda funny and entertaining at the same time. Sorry, Ryuuko, but girl rolling around in a boy's bed trumps questions about oceanic wildlife each and every time. All the while, Maekawa was having a great time watching it all unfold - which made it that much funnier. And Granny's is the best. Lastly, Ryuuko's comment about not standing out really stood out to me. And in a not so good way.
May 21, 2011 11:59 PM

Sep 2007
Mr Pluto? More like Mr Saturn. Boing! The animation in this episode looked like it took a huge dip. SHAFT running out of money again or something?

May 22, 2011 3:00 AM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Mr Pluto? More like Mr Saturn. Boing! The animation in this episode looked like it took a huge dip. SHAFT running out of money again or something?
Ah! So that's what it is. I wonder how many people will buy this as homage to this show. Futons for sure must be on the rise of sales. To wrap yourself one in understanding Erio as a fan of her most likely is priceless for some people out there. Well I know for me with dakimakuras it was when I got them from my favourite characters.

May 22, 2011 6:22 AM

Aug 2008
Wow Ryuuko pretty much went from cute to annoying in one episode. I prefer Maekawa as a character than her.

And the old granny is actually pretty wise, it's a bit sad really when she talked about how her husband and friends have died and she's the next to go.
May 22, 2011 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
Ryuuko is really trying to hide her feelings for him, but at the same time she keeps trying to pull him away from the others! xD

It's so fun to see the three of them fighting over him in a clumsy way. Pretty obvious why Meme left huh? "I'm the only boy here....HUH?!" =P

Very nice episode, can't wait to see how this is going to unfold. Will there be a catfight? ^^

May 22, 2011 1:06 PM

Jan 2011
I seriously think Erio reminds me of me when I'm around people... xD;;
so cute~ <3
I like the fact that she's childish in weird unknown situations
and somehow, I approve of the futon curling she tried doing in Makoto's room
I would do the same..
as for Mr. Pluto..
LOL "that's mine.."
"tell her yourself" glomp for the plushie, xD
May 22, 2011 7:14 PM
Sep 2009
Heiru said:

I like the fact that she's childish in weird unknown situations
and somehow, I approve of the futon curling she tried doing in Makoto's room
I would do the same..
as for Mr. Pluto..
LOL "that's mine.."
"tell her yourself" glomp for the plushie, xD

"Um... he sits here." Absolutely precious~ ♥

Erio completely steals the show in any and every scene that she's in.

Erio: "Oh, so this is cousin's room."
Makoto: "But, you're always in my room."

Priceless~ ♥
May 22, 2011 11:33 PM

Nov 2010
Some visit, really ruined the outcome of the score in the end.
May 23, 2011 4:06 AM

Aug 2010
Lately it has been taking some time for the episode to actually start getting interesting and good. I still like this anime, but less and less with every passing ep. Needs more focus on Erio and less on the harem imho. 4/5.
May 23, 2011 8:12 PM

Nov 2009
Overall good episode. Whenever i see multiple stalkers i think ZS. I would be happier if they kept it away from a harem though please - just Ryuushi x Niwa. That room scene was humorous.
May 24, 2011 12:08 AM

Jan 2011
In defense of Ryuushi: I think she was somewhat taken aback by her "friend's" reaction to Erio. Her warning to Niwa was prompted by concern for him because she knows what the reaction of other kids in the school (and other adults in the community considering how difficult it was for Erio to get a job) would be. She also does go to the Touwa house with Niwa (and Erio as well since he picks her up on the way), disregarding her own advice.

Note that I like the other three harem members better than Ryuushi, I just feel we have to be fair to her. It looked like she may have been the first customer to buy something since Erio began working at the store, judging by Erio's reaction to making the sale and working the cash register.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 24, 2011 12:37 AM

Jan 2010
I really want to like Ryuuko... but she is so annoying. This show needs much less of her and more of Maekawa.
May 24, 2011 7:13 AM
Feb 2010
So, he likes the type that stand-out?

That's why he was so friendly with Erio...
May 24, 2011 6:57 PM

Mar 2011
Ha! Meme and Maekawa's plotting is something to be reckoned with!

More cute Erio than you can shake a stick at! Love!
May 26, 2011 5:06 AM

Feb 2011
makoto and ryuuko getting together
this gonna be fun
can't wait next episode
May 26, 2011 8:38 AM

Dec 2009
Ryuuko is getting more annoying, i don't like her ;o;
May 26, 2011 11:26 AM

Sep 2010
The moment when Maekawa said "Iroiro" was pretty funny. Iroiro can be translated to many, what it is usually, I think. But Ryuuko made "color color" of it, lol.
May 26, 2011 4:14 PM

Mar 2009
Personally, while I didn't hate this episode or anything, it made me think Ryuushi is annoyinger and kinda cute at the same time.
But I still don't care for her.

That being said I seriously hope Erio wins in the Harem Games here.
I know they're cousins, I don't care.

That also being said, I watch this show for Erio.

Overall, I liked the episode.

"All my Battles have Been Won
But the War has Just Begun!"
May 26, 2011 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
Well, I think Ryuushi's a total bitch after that episode.
But I didn't really like her to begin with.

Very meh episode. Erio saved it, though.<3
I don't why people are mentioning the cousin thing when it's perfectly acceptable for cousins to date/marry in Japan. :/
May 27, 2011 9:16 AM

Mar 2009
Smochi said:
Well, I think Ryuushi's a total bitch after that episode.
But I didn't really like her to begin with.

Very meh episode. Erio saved it, though.<3
I don't why people are mentioning the cousin thing when it's perfectly acceptable for cousins to date/marry in Japan. :/
Neither do I, to be honest. I mentioned it because I figured people would be all like "But they're cousins! OMG!"
Personally, i just think that makes it cuter.

But cousins of the main guy normally get the shaft (har) in Harem Anime.

That being said... Erio is a bundle of cuteness.

"All my Battles have Been Won
But the War has Just Begun!"
May 28, 2011 6:11 PM

Mar 2010
Another episode of pure win! (^O^) Can't wait for the next episode! Looking forward to the next!
May 31, 2011 6:56 PM

Apr 2008
dws said:
Am I the only one thinking that Erio would rather go back to her futon? Sounds cruel, but she was actually interesting when she was in it. What has left is her childish, I mean really childish, personality and that overly 'moeified' looks.
The only charming point of this show is Meme and Maekawa now and yet they are left out.

Yeah, Erio annoys me more and more each episode with her childish personality. Meme and Maekawa saved this episode from being bad, but it was still pretty average.
Jun 7, 2011 12:15 PM
Mar 2010
honestly I don't understand what is real plot..... now this anime seems a basic harem.....
even so Erio is so kawaii!!!!! too kawaiiii!!!!!!

next to 7th ep
Jun 26, 2011 7:30 AM

Apr 2011
Tsuki-Hime said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Why the hell have I started to like the OP? WHY??!!! .

That's what i want to ask. i listened 5/6 times in last 25 minutes. Full version. O__o

It's growing on me too.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Jun 26, 2011 7:36 AM

Apr 2011
Tayune said:

That being said I seriously hope Erio wins in the Harem Games here.
I know they're cousins, I don't care.

I think I'm for Makoto/Erio too. A couple of episodes I was either Makoto/Erio or Makoto/Ryuuko, but...well, yeah. I don't hate Ryuuko (she's cute and all that), but...I think Makoto and Erio would look cute together.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Jul 4, 2011 10:48 PM

Dec 2010
omg, I have no idea who I'm rooting for. I love all the girls in Makoto's harem.
Aug 17, 2011 11:05 AM

Jul 2011
Finally picked up this anime again. Have forgotten how cute Erio was.
Dec 11, 2011 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
i know ryuuko isnt going to win...but i really like her character. she wears her emotions/feelings on her sleeve and doesnt hold back. her pouty/jealousy side is fukking cute. erio is just eye-candy/a cute lil sister you would take care of...
Feb 2, 2012 2:58 AM

Nov 2011
I would happily accept any of these girls he doesn't want...
Feb 29, 2012 12:47 PM

Jul 2010
why am i liking this show so much? its similer to SO many other kinds of high school anime. but i wanna watch more of this. every character here is awesome in their own way.

Jul 21, 2012 3:50 AM

May 2012
Maekawa's personality really amuses me. Her character was important for this episode so Ryuuko would visit Touwa's home. I can't stop feeling bad for Erio because of the way they threat her, but damn it, she remains adorable as fluff! I was a bit disappointed that Meme didn't molest Makoto again but she did whisper something to Maekawa. I'm really excited to find out what that was all about!
Aug 8, 2012 2:08 AM

Jul 2009
Paiguy said:
This guy counts his points all wrong.

It's been cumulative since the first ep
Aug 28, 2012 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
He did pretty well handling those tree, considering they are all weirdos.

I'm still rooting for Erio, Ryuuko doesn't stand a chance against her, that's the impression I got by looking at Makoto.
Sep 26, 2012 5:15 PM

Jun 2012
I love Ryuuko's VA so much, something about dat voice melts my penis.
Nov 4, 2012 10:45 AM

May 2012
Such a nice episode, was really funny and the end was just sweet! I wonder what the secret was?
Jun 24, 2013 6:51 AM

Mar 2013
''Damn it, experience fails me, I have none.'' lol

Granny was awesome by the way (:
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2011

220 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 14, 2:17 AM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 28, 2011

178 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 12, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

127 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 11, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 14, 2011

222 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 11, 12:37 PM

» What happened after episode 13?

tinydevil421 - Mar 3

4 by tinydevil421 »»
Mar 4, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.