Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 18, 2011 4:45 AM

Jan 2009
SoundlessSky said:

Seeing how the story is going, the ending is going to be quite tragic. Okabe saves everyone, but no one will remember what he did, while he bears all the burdens to himself.

ok if thats spoiler or not im very hype of how this anime will end now
May 18, 2011 5:00 AM

May 2009
this episode is AWESOME

now the plot is getting more serious and interesting

5/5 for episode 7

ffff, can't wait for episode 8 xD
"Miracles isn't something that just happen. You have to make it happen"

May 18, 2011 6:09 AM

Jul 2007
Paradoxin said:
I don't know if im either really dumb, or it's just puzzling. after re-watching episode 1 and trying to make things clear to myself, I think i forgot what Okarin tried to tell Kurisu before she died. anyone care to clear this? :X

We do not know.

That still did not happen yet.
May 18, 2011 6:56 AM

Nov 2008
Fai said:
Paradoxin said:
I don't know if im either really dumb, or it's just puzzling. after re-watching episode 1 and trying to make things clear to myself, I think i forgot what Okarin tried to tell Kurisu before she died. anyone care to clear this? :X
We do not know.

That still did not happen yet.
^It wasn't revealed but for me it's like an Okarin in the future tryin' to tell Kurisu that her life is in danger but she still died anyhow.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 18, 2011 8:12 AM

Jul 2007
j0x said:
SoundlessSky said:

Seeing how the story is going, the ending is going to be quite tragic. Okabe saves everyone, but no one will remember what he did, while he bears all the burdens to himself.

I do speak Japanese and read every route of VN, this is FAKE info.
even there is no bad ending like this.

I think this series deserves to watch to the end. (so that I'm here)
revive4563May 18, 2011 11:45 PM
May 18, 2011 8:18 AM

Jun 2009
awesome just awesome :O Most interesting show i have seen yet

May 18, 2011 9:08 AM

Jan 2011
Such an amazing episode like always xD
It's just just...... AMAZING!!

May 18, 2011 9:57 AM

Jun 2009
I like where this is going, a very good episode this week. Only questions, and no answers again though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 18, 2011 10:10 AM

May 2010
Cool now Okabe can change the past
May 18, 2011 10:45 AM
Nov 2010
each episode keep getting better and better. 5/5
May 18, 2011 11:01 AM

Jun 2010
Fai said:
LadyOrihime said:
Can someone refresh my memory?

How does Suzuha know of John Titor? Are we in a world that he is known again, or has she known of him even after the first change?

The emblem she is holding. Look it up.

Everything in this show is based on the things that happened in the real world. That emblem is there too.

---------------

Anyway this pretty much confirms parallel timelines AND denies the possibility of initiator retaining memories, since technically that Okabe has been left in the parallel universe in which he sent the message. Now why the hell this Okabe and every other Okabe we have seen have memories of those shifts?

Also - YAY for butterfly effect phenomenon being displayed.

A butterfly flaps his wings on the one side of the world, a hurricane happens on the other. The main principle and danger with time travel - SMALLEST details changed can lead to very very different things, starting chain reactions no one could understand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_Effect
This is exactly what we saw with Dr.Pepper bottle and why okabe's message made it happen.
I did and its actually pretty freaky, creepy in a sense tht someone named "John Titor" was on message boards claiming to be a time traveler.
May 18, 2011 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
revive4563 said:
SoundlessSky said:

I do speak Japanese and read every route of VN, this is FAKE info.
even there is no bad ending like this.

I think this series deserves to watch TV series to the end. (so that I'm here)

I think he/she was speculating. ^^;;
Can't really blame him either; the opening and ending songs make the show's plot sound rather ominous.

Awesome episode, anyway. I'm glad we're getting to the main plot; the humour was nice and all and I love seeing Okabe interact with the cast, but I think they used a bit too much of it over the last few episodes, and it was starting to get repetitive. A heavier focus on the plot should balance out that silliness and help it stay fresh.
May 18, 2011 1:06 PM

Apr 2010
couldnt help but read the manga... im so impatient... xD think the current chapter is about 2 or maybe 3 episodes ahead hehe

and while i was it i read suzuha's story too xD

anyways cant wait for next week!
May 18, 2011 1:36 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode! Can't wait to see if we get some answers next week.
May 18, 2011 2:09 PM
Dec 2009
Vanisher said:
Fai said:
Vanisher said:
Hmmm

but how does telling daru that makise was going to be killed changed the world that much?

i dont think i understand john titor teory about changing the past , i just think he junped in time?
and why didnt the others d-mail caused an effect in the world? even if they were stupid things , telling that to daru changed a lot.
or maybe it wasnt the same thing in EP 1.

The messages he sent before were sent to his own cellphone and were pretty much meaningless.

AS for why so much changed. For same reason on why this time that message, seemingly unrelated, changed the ideas they would have been discussing and made the shop Makise went to have Dr.Pepper:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_Effect

but how does the butterfly effect changed the past??

i mean , aside from saving makise , he changed the fact that john titor appeared in year 2000. i doubt it is a consequence of that mail.

Not only that. A satellite crashed into a building. Still wondering how that message was even able to effect that much. What confuses me even more is the fact that Daru said he thought the message was spam. So how was it suppose to effect anything in the past? Can't wait for the next episodes, I'm dying to know o_o
May 18, 2011 2:26 PM

May 2010
Pretty decent episode. I wonder if Suzuha is from future. ;]

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
May 18, 2011 3:57 PM

Jun 2009
Xiao97 said:
Not only that. A satellite crashed into a building. Still wondering how that message was even able to effect that much. What confuses me even more is the fact that Daru said he thought the message was spam. So how was it suppose to effect anything in the past? Can't wait for the next episodes, I'm dying to know o_o

It can be rather confusing, but in the world with time travelling you can create a self-inducing chain reaction of time-changes with one small, insignificant change.
For example: He sent message to Daru, who thought that it was a spam, but when Okarin saw this, he understood that their phone-microwave (temporary name) can send messages into past. Now he began to experiment with D-Mail, further changing the past. This changes could affect other D-Mail experiments, creating self-inducing chain reaction of time-changes, if you allow me to repeat myself...
But that's just guessing, of course...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
May 18, 2011 4:36 PM

Oct 2010
AlexTrusk said:
Xiao97 said:
It can be rather confusing, but in the world with time travelling you can create a self-inducing chain reaction of time-changes with one small, insignificant change. For example: He sent message to Daru, who thought that it was a spam, but when Okarin saw this, he understood that their phone-microwave (temporary name) can send messages into past. Now he began to experiment with D-Mail, further changing the past. This changes could affect other D-Mail experiments, creating self-inducing chain reaction of time-changes, if you allow me to repeat myself...But that's just guessing, of course...
In response to that, IMO what bothers me is that there is no showing of him remembering the changes in the distant past only the past that is short such as 10 minutes ago. Is that a fact or it will be revealed that he will remember further into the past of the changes he made to himself and what he himself went through?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 18, 2011 7:45 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was pretty cool, i also love how we got two cute girls working with him. It's really interesting when you see Okarin change time with a text.
May 18, 2011 10:14 PM

Aug 2008
Mayuri's 'Tutturu' is very catchy. I had it replaying in my head countless times.
May 18, 2011 10:36 PM

Dec 2010
I'm just about to draw a damn webchart to solve this whole thing out. Ill post my findings when I find them conclusive...heheh

May 19, 2011 6:21 AM

Jan 2010
So, John Titor is just another wacko.
May 19, 2011 6:55 AM

Mar 2010
nice ロリ
Geso
-----:D
May 19, 2011 9:06 AM

Mar 2008
Quick Question: is Ruka really a guy?
if so can anyone whos already played the game explain to me what this image means?

just made me wonder since its a cg in the game
May 19, 2011 9:08 AM

Jul 2007
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
if so can anyone whos already played the game explain to me what this image means?

Yes Ruka is a guy.

And you do NOT want that picture to be explained. :)
May 19, 2011 9:13 AM

Feb 2011
I started watching this in tuesday and it was soooo fucking awesome can't get enough. This week about him becoming the messiah was great also theirare so many thing that they haven't explained can't wait till all the things come together.

Episode 10/5
May 19, 2011 10:33 AM

Mar 2008
Fai said:
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:

Yes Ruka is a guy.

though i can already guess. Im still willing to be spoiled since I cant play the game :P

and Iv'e gotta tell you that he has got to be THE most unrealistic trap of all the others ive seen. no way a dude can be that feminine and lady-like while looking so much like like a girl -_-
May 19, 2011 11:51 AM

Apr 2010
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Fai said:
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:

Yes Ruka is a guy.

though i can already guess. Im still willing to be spoiled since I cant play the game :P

and Iv'e gotta tell you that he has got to be THE most unrealistic trap of all the others ive seen. no way a dude can be that feminine and lady-like while looking so much like like a girl -_-

let me enlighten you... :P

WildslevenMay 19, 2011 11:55 AM
May 19, 2011 3:54 PM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Yes Ruka is a guy.
WTF and OMG! I got punked by a trap again! D: Ruka really is guy. Proof more than that or I don't believe it till I see it with a better proof.
Fai said:
YES I WANT! Please explain it in my profile or PM. I had so much questions and still not answers for then....VN players why can't you spoil me a little?
Wildsleven said:
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Fai said:
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:

Yes Ruka is a guy.

Holy shit @ the spoiler! O_O I am bewildered. That will be so mindfuck and a miracle at the same time. Amazing series to become. I am wondering if the second half according to VN people will be much better than the first half. At what pace are they going so far in the episodes?
Yumekichi11May 19, 2011 7:29 PM

May 19, 2011 5:31 PM

Jun 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Holy shit @ the spoiler! O_O I am bewildered. That will be so mindfuck and a miracle at the same time. Amazing series to become. I am wondering if the second half according to VN people will be much better than the first half. At what pace are they going so far in the episodes?

Riga92May 19, 2011 5:58 PM
May 19, 2011 7:31 PM

Oct 2010
Riga92 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Cool shit bro! That's great to know. This is good. 2 episodes per chapter really does make the chapter nor rushed. This series should be a example for the "Series rushed and chapters skip" problem with many anime adaptations. Thus why 20 and more episodes are the best series in general.

May 19, 2011 8:22 PM

Mar 2008
Wildsleven said:

That is one LOLsome plot for me right there. wonder if it will be anime :P

makes me wonder why not just make her a girl in the first place? sinse traps should just remain as eye-candy and never be tampered with.
Unless of course if you have a time machine(?)
:D
May 19, 2011 8:50 PM

Jun 2010
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Wildsleven said:

That is one LOLsome plot for me right there. wonder if it will be anime :P

makes me wonder why not just make her a girl in the first place? sinse traps should just remain as eye-candy and never be tampered with.
Unless of course if you have a time machine(?)
:D

It will definitely be in the anime, along with some epic hilarity. And its actually an important part of the plot too :)
May 20, 2011 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
weeabooweeaboo said:

The change "moved" him from 2000 to 2010, before the change he posted in 2000 before disappearing, after the change and in the current world he first appeared in 2010, and he is currently posting.

Yes, but what I want to know is, hypothetically as someone who hasn't played the VN or looked up spoilers, how does she know who John Titor is? Was it just her able to hear Okabe talk about him because she said she can hear them from their opened window? Or is it just because she also knows Titor from @channel, but somehow knows Okabe is in talks with him?

Or does she keep all her memories despite which timeline she is in? Because

I'm just thinking along the lines as someone who doesn't know who she really is. If she was as regular as anyone else - say, like...Mayuri - how come she would know who John Titor was, and someone like Daru doesn't?

hmmm...I'll just have to re-watch the episodes, me thinks.

herox3 said:
Linalee-Stratos said:

.__. You shouldn't spoil people without warnings like that

Minor VN spoiler...not really a spoiler, but just to be safe:
May 20, 2011 5:02 AM

Jul 2007
Well, that pic is the last scene of Ruka route ending. So I think it's not spoiler for anime version which adopts the true route story. It never happens in anime after all.
May 20, 2011 11:58 AM

Apr 2008
This episode was gr8 o_O Looks like the story is finally going somewhere really good and interesting, John Titor wanting Okarin to be the messiah !? LOOOOL xD?
May 20, 2011 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
Wow... I love this episode! So far it's my favorite anime of the season. ^^
May 20, 2011 12:40 PM

Sep 2007
This show needs less Mayuri.
May 20, 2011 4:09 PM

Sep 2009
Wasabi said:
This show needs less Mayuri.
If only I could delete your post.
May 20, 2011 4:21 PM

Jun 2007
I like how the series is trying to pull in real events and people. Just in case people don't actually know who John Titor is I'd like to explain. It should shed light on where this story may be heading and who might actually be John.
May 20, 2011 5:11 PM

Jun 2010
What's Cel-7?
May 20, 2011 5:27 PM

Oct 2010
Alex_Yagami said:
What's Cel-7?
Celebrity 17 short word. In other words a nickname given to Makise by Okabe.

May 20, 2011 9:49 PM

Nov 2008
Nice! Can't wait for next one!
May 21, 2011 3:21 AM

Sep 2008
Tsunashi Takuto sure is popular, receiving all those texts/calls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2011 4:33 AM

Jan 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Tsunashi Takuto sure is popular, receiving all those texts/calls.
Not to mention that all of them are from a certain hot lady who doesn't quite like to speak up.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 21, 2011 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
So, contributing my theories.

First, human death mismatch. I am one hundred percent sure that Okabe is the match they're looking for. I don't really see any way he couldn't be.

Second, episode one. Kurisu, shortly before being stabbed, asked him about what was presumably him trying to warn her about the stabbing just fifteen minutes ago. Okabe was unaware of this, which means the world line must have shifted (to one where his text had been sent?) within the last fifteen minutes. His actions had been changed retroactively, but he had no memory of this. It seems to me that this could mean a couple things, but I can't make any of them really make sense yet. The thing that's not adding up for me is that because he remembers the actions of his previous worldline, he'd remember sending the text. I might post an actual theory once I can get one to the point that it's doesn't contradict itself. It seems to coincide with the time when Mayuri loses her metal upa and texts Okabe about it. Those have to be connected somehow.

Okabe isn't actually crazy, or at least not as much as everyone thinks he is. His delusions are all a result of retaining knowledge of the previous world line without attaining knowledge of what has been changed. We know that at the very least, in addition to the two we've seen, there was one ten years ago the first time John Titor went back in time. Quite likely most of his fears and paranoias were real at some point. He's also a little unhinged just because of the way reality keeps changing on him. That'll do that to you.

Not to mention that it's quite likely history got changed somewhat every time SERN sends anything back in time, which would also effect him. It's quite likely his reality has been shifting on a fairly regular basis for most of his life.
May 21, 2011 12:01 PM

Sep 2010
awesome episode! it's getting really interesting now :D
May 21, 2011 1:54 PM

Jul 2010
Holy shit! So Okabe's the only one known so far to keep his memories even in another time branch. That's amazing! So to change the future Titor wants him to be the Messiah?

Can't wait to see where this goes!

May 21, 2011 4:39 PM
May 2011
The number 0.571015 probably represents the current divergence number.
If i recall correctly, John Titor sent a message to Okabe saying that if he can get the divergence number above 1, the future won't fall into dystopia.

As always an awesome episode, can't wait for the next one.

5/5
May 22, 2011 11:30 PM

Aug 2008
Time manipulation plots always leave me with a headache... -.-
...But they usually tend be extremely interesting since they also tend to work out your brain quite a bit.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 19, 2011

455 by wailamnice »»
Mar 31, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.