Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 15, 2011 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
Marablack said:
so blue night was either the night that rin and yukio were conceived or born one of those would be my guess? there yukio was prepared to shoot his bro again! :(

He was ready to shoot the demon in case Rin didn't stop it.

May 15, 2011 3:06 PM

Sep 2009
I rewatch the part Rin tame the monster many times. It's just simple but damn awesome :D And i see that he's not that dumb, he know that he's not suppose to draw the sword infront of others.

The part where Rin say Shiemi isn't his friend...damn it. Shiemi was going to ask Rin if she can be his friend and that bon interupt at the worst timing.
May 15, 2011 3:15 PM
Aug 2010
so weighing in on this whole Shemei thing i don't like her very much either for some reason she annoys the hell outta me. I don't like her as much as I liked Rukia........I suppose for yukio she would be ok but even then i don't like her much I would really just rather see her as a friend for them both and BTW just looking at that picture makes me annoyed >.<
May 15, 2011 3:22 PM

Oct 2007
MusashiRose said:
Ahh Rin can be so badassss...
I think you mean to say this "Rom is so bad as a character" :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 15, 2011 3:22 PM
Jan 2011
Kirche said:
Marablack said:
so blue night was either the night that rin and yukio were conceived or born one of those would be my guess? there yukio was prepared to shoot his bro again! :(

He was ready to shoot the demon in case Rin didn't stop it.

Im pretty sure he would have to shoot Rin. Either or I guess.

Love Zorros voice
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

May 15, 2011 3:26 PM
Sep 2009
choyos said:
BWlw said:

Personally, I like Shiemi. She looks and acts different than most shounen-action series' love interests and I think that's a good thing, in this case~

I never been big on Naruto, so i might be wrong, but isn't she just Hinata v2.0? Plus she has a crush on Yukio.

True, to an extent, but let's not forget that Hinata's purpose was to be the side-character in the shadows who was obsessed with Naruto and to level-up to a huge "set" in the end. Shiemi doesn't give off any vibes that make her very physically appealing at all and she's a main character.

I think that's what makes Shiemi more interesting. Not to mention, the writing makes it more real for Rin to have a bit of a crush on her. She doesn't have any prominent assets, and she's supposedly weak in terms of combat; however, she has a confident, friendly personality to make up for it and how it is executed is what makes her cute and likeable. In fact, in that regard, she turns out to be similar to Rin, and that similarity gives them chemistry~

By comparison, Hinata just doesn't have much of a personality outside of Naruto and being shy.
May 15, 2011 3:27 PM

Nov 2008
xOriginalxSinx said:

Nah, he didn't even shoot him when he was angry and sure Rin was about to attack him.

May 15, 2011 3:29 PM

Jul 2009
Justin262 said:
Anyone know what chapter of the manga this episode leaves off on? I can't wait for next weeks episode ><

This episode was of chapter 4. :)
May 15, 2011 3:35 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty good episode.

I just couldn't help laughing when Rin and Bon got into that little brawl in P.E. it's just too funny xD

and "You're such a reckless Kitty." LOLWAT.

Also, I'm loving the bromance that will be bound to sprout between Rin and Bon. Yeeah.

Filler episode better be good.

<3
May 15, 2011 3:38 PM
Dec 2007
Finally an interesting episode, probably the best since episode 2. Lots of good ideas were thrown and the developments were kind of cool. Oh and of course the leaper scene was awesome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 15, 2011 3:50 PM

Nov 2008
Well that was interesting but not that original. Anyway I'm far more interested in the Principal now.

I'll be looking forward to next week's episode.
May 15, 2011 3:59 PM

Apr 2007
Renditions said:

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THAT?
But I do have to agree about her pushing my buttons a times...always in need of a push. As well as the show being very typical...just executed right, just look at the love scenario between Rin,Shemei and Yukio. ANYWAYS GOOD EPISODE (:

I really don't. I find her rather annoying, and being voiced by KanaHana makes it worse, actually.

The show works for me quite well, exorcisms are right up my alley, and I'm okay with the shounen formula. It's the good, not average, female characters that tend to be hard to find.

Kirche said:
xOriginalxSinx said:

Nah, he didn't even shoot him when he was angry and sure Rin was about to attack him.

This wasn't about pesonal feelings, though. Yukio would have shot him as a means to protect his identity, even if not to kill. It is his mission, after all, and he wouldn't win any best sibling awards right now.
MaxwellLilyMay 15, 2011 4:02 PM
May 15, 2011 4:19 PM

Jun 2008
I loved Yukio until...this ep. i mean, i thought he had already gave up killing his bro. WTH?! he lived with his brother for 16 years and still doesn't trust him? Yukio is also son of Satan although he is human and Rin a demon. Its our actions, not our blood that matters.
It disappointed me to see Yukio ready to shoot anytime his own brother. He should at least show some hesitation , fuck. his cold professional side it was cool until certain point, but its totally not cool when you´re ready to kill the person you probably love the most in the world without not even a blink of hesitation.

I really hope to see Yukio less cold and showing his sibling love, otherwise ill start to dislike him. Defending humanity certainly is cool and yes, we know he would be the one to suffer the worst by killing his own brother, and well, maybe all of us would do the same if we saw that our beloved one was really evil, but the thing is that Rin is not evil, so i dont understand this behavior. really, it got on my nerves.

Yukio, onegai, show some feelings for your bro!;_;

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 15, 2011 4:28 PM

Nov 2008
Orulyon said:
I loved Yukio until...this ep. i mean, i thought he had already gave up killing his bro. WTH?! he lived with his brother for 16 years and still doesn't trust him? Yukio is also son of Satan although he is human and Rin a demon. Its our actions, not our blood that matters.
It disappointed me to see Yukio ready to shoot anytime his own brother. He should at least show some hesitation , fuck. his cold professional side it was cool until certain point, but its totally not cool when you´re ready to kill the person you probably love the most in the world without not even a blink of hesitation.

I really hope to see Yukio less cold and showing his sibling love, otherwise ill start to dislike him. Defending humanity certainly is cool and yes, we know he would be the one to suffer the worst by killing his own brother, and well, maybe all of us would do the same if we saw that our beloved one was really evil, but the thing is that Rin is not evil, so i dont understand this behavior. really, it got on my nerves.

Again, he was probably aiming for the creature about to attack two students. And even if he did aim for Rin he might shoot something harmless just to make sure his identity wasn't found out, like AngelLily just said.

May 15, 2011 4:32 PM

Nov 2007
NightGaze said:
I put "like it" instead of "love it" because they messed up the scene with Mephisto. =_= We were suppose to see his devilish face in that scene, BUT NO. They just screwed it up.

comments like this one always annoy the shit out of me. go figure. =A=

WHAT'S UP WITH THIS SHOW & ALL THE BLUSHING GUYS. IT'S OVERWHELMING ME i feel like i'm in heaven or something. ; 3 ; okay maybe it's just rin & suguro but maaaaan, they really are similar. & i love it when everyone's chibified ~
May 15, 2011 4:57 PM

Apr 2007
Orulyon said:

While I'd love some brother-dynamic similar to Fullmetal Alchemist, we do have to keep in mind that Yukio has been carrying the burden about his brother for far longer than Rin himself. His father trusted him with a task, and we could say he tried his best to fulfill it in order to gain his approval, while Rin had it without trying at all and being a problem child. Rin did not understand how much of a problem he was to the family, and that knowledge alone could have damaged his view of his brother. Also, despite his best efforts, Yukio was always the weaker one. All in all, Yukio had to work his way to the top whereas Rin had it all but just keeps ruining everything.

Also, we could say his father was his most beloved family, not Rin, for everything he had given them, home, love, trust, and he died because of Rin. We often take our sibilings for granted, and Yukio would have preferred Rin to die instead of his father, since his loss would have much less impact.

Not to say Yukio doesn't love Rin, but he has plenty of conflicting feelings. I honestly want Ao to be very Elric level in brotherly love, but there are obstacles to face before getting there. Just think about it, the reward will be bigger if the path faced is harder :)
May 15, 2011 5:33 PM

Aug 2010
Breaking the Yukio/Rin converstaion to say:
Ryuji Blushing=
ENTER SWOONING MODE
May 15, 2011 5:55 PM

Nov 2008
Cthulu said:
Breaking the Yukio/Rin converstaion to say:
Ryuji Blushing=
ENTER SWOONING MODE

ENTERS SWOONING MODE WITH YOU!

(But we were definately not having a Yukio slash Rin conversation XP)

May 15, 2011 6:04 PM

Jun 2008
AngelLily said:

Not to say Yukio doesn't love Rin, but he has plenty of conflicting feelings. I honestly want Ao to be very Elric level in brotherly love, but there are obstacles to face before getting there. Just think about it, the reward will be bigger if the path faced is harder :)

I also hope brotherly love will win at the end. I would not stand to see another angst plot where brothers become enemies and have to fight against each other. And i firmly want to believe in Yukio´s good intentions;D

Anyway...poor Shiemi! she is having a hard time! i hope next time Rin tells the other that she is his friend;)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 15, 2011 6:08 PM

Jan 2009
this episode confirmed the obvious that Mephisto is part demon and part human just like Rin
May 15, 2011 6:12 PM

Nov 2008
j0x said:
this episode confirmed the obvious that Mephisto is part demon and part human just like Rin

Not really, he could be possessing someone. Besides, Satan was after Rin because of that, so why isn't anyone after Mephisto?

May 15, 2011 6:55 PM

Aug 2010
GOODNESS i love this show!
May 15, 2011 8:32 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome episode but I'm getting impatient for more action.
May 15, 2011 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
even after reading all the Manga to this day when ever i see Mephisto and his brother i only think of fallout boy for some reason.
May 15, 2011 10:40 PM

Jul 2009
This anime is super awesome \m/

I really don't understand the gehenna, what kind place is gehenna? please someone explain to me. and also the principal is too weird.
May 15, 2011 11:31 PM

Aug 2010
StormViruz said:
Good episode.

And I wasn't wrong that Ryuji has the same VA as Hijikata Toushiro from Gintama.

I wonder what Mephistopheles is up to.

And Zoro from One Piece :P

Does Yukio know about teh real identity of the presi? If so he's siding with teh demons.. But I have a feeling he doesnt know.. Oh well. We'll see.
May 15, 2011 11:36 PM

Apr 2007
HNNNNNNGGG Rin, why are you so moe.
May 15, 2011 11:38 PM

Feb 2010
good ep , but i will probably hate next one.

filler?

food?

:<
May 15, 2011 11:39 PM

Feb 2010
I like Shiemi a lot more than I thought I would, I thought she'd be one of those we-just-stuck-her-here-so-the-protagonist-has-a-love-interest type character

Also my body was not ready for the Ryuuji blush at the end

Like not prepared at all

At all.
May 15, 2011 11:51 PM

Apr 2009
It should be obvious that Mephisto Pheles is a demon of sorts, but I guess it turns out that he and Amaimon are also children of Satan... Since that's the case, why is Satan so interested in only Rin? Maybe I should just read the manga...
May 16, 2011 12:06 AM

Apr 2011
I'm actually excited for the upcoming filler. This is definitely my favorite for this year.
May 16, 2011 12:18 AM

Oct 2010
I finally caught to this series! This will be my new Rental Magica! I have to tell you all that I love Shiemi as follows,

she is just great and the fact that she is voiced by the same seiyuu that did Nessa is great! She shall be my other Nessa in this series. She act also a little like Nessa. I loved Shiemi's face in the spoiler
especially the one she made sparkling towards her test results before knowing them and when she smiled at Yukio. Shiemi might be annoying for some because of her ways and character but I find the charm in her in exactly that.

About Ryuji, WTF at him in the following,

over MOE to be grateful towards Rin? ROFL! Good one What I really am going to like about Ryuji is his fights with Rin in the spoiler
the rivalry will surely bring great comedy. Obviously from the looks of Rin's test results and Ryuji's test results, it would only end up as a fight. Rin is certainly not the smart one but nor is the attitude of Ryuji. I understand that his past is sad one due to people that gossiped about him with rumors of the temple where he comes from a Temple as being cursed and that his father got many people doubt him even thought his father looks damn nice and looks also a little bit drunk. Despite that it was all of Satan's fault in the end. Ryuji's determination during that time in the spoiler
does prove that he is quite serious about being a Exorcist. That's where I understand he curses the misery his father suffered due to all that Satanic wrath and thus his beat down on Rin is mainly a problem of Rin having it too easy is what I understand but wait till he finds out about Rin being Satan's son. Oh boy major problem.

Ryuji sure is aggressive towards Rin but his 2 friends that came from the Kyoto Temple are very supportive of him to be going as far as following him into the Academy with him. The Blue Night in the spoiler
was certainly more scary during the first episode. Problem is that IMO those clergymen were not properly prepared against him. I had a freaking person possessed next to me IRL and I could have been killed but I survived. Of course this is anime so the whole blue flames thing does not happen IRL but it could while you are soul. In general it is said that blue flames are evil and represent evil spirits.

About Rin,

About miscellaneous stuff, feast your eyes on the following girl in the spoiler
she is going to be my #2 favorite girl.
I just hope she will have a good character. I do already like her powers from the OP as well as those of Shiemi. If anyone is wondering about Auvergne well you can read of it in the following link on wiki. Has something to do with France.

About the end of the episode, as the end of episode approached a family feud is starting between Hell's royalties of Satan and of 2 others of whom you may want to know. The first one is someone everyone knows of Madoka series, that of Mephistopheles whom is the principal of the Academy in this series you can learn all about in the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephistopheles
the other one is Amaymon in the spoiler
whom the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaimon
says some stuff about him. What I don't get is WTF does Mephistopheles want with making a Academy that kills his own kind? Rin? Yeah right, can't be only because of Rin. What I really liked about the end is that Yukio here was ready to prevent Rin from showing his powers not because he wanted to save him but because he does not want Mephistopheles to have his ways with Rin's powers.

About preview and me. The preview, looks like another fight between Ryuji and Rin but this time over food. Guess Rin is going aggressive again and is going to be funny. The next demon ain't looking good in appearance and it looks like all this may happen in economic class. Now about me and this series. Hello everyone, I am someone who IRL was in a Lucifer cult as a observer only. I was not part totally of it yet but I did see really a person being possessed by Satan. No it was nothing like the exaggerations of this anime but doing something stupid I really though I would die being thrown out the window. I am still Christian today but seeing atrocious shit in that cult sure still gives me bad memories. You don't want to know what they do in there. Point being that person being possessed by Satan told me something interesting “I shall not end till this world ends with me.” Deep shit, it means we need Jesus or destroy all the world for Satan to be killed. I will stick with this series for Exorcism theme but Rin's ironic thing of being Satan's son and kill Satan because he killed my human father is not really that amazing for me TBH. It is more the exorcism theme and of course my 2 lovelies Shiemi/Izumo.
Yumekichi11May 16, 2011 12:34 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 16, 2011 1:00 AM

Feb 2009
Not bad. What's a hot-headed shounen protagonist without another hot-headed tsundere rival and a girl whom he is very interested but her love interest is not him.
Curious about that Blue Night and Mephisto. But that will be for later I guess.
Next episode about bento? Huh?

Gay blush at the end is gay.
May 16, 2011 1:02 AM

Jun 2009
That was amusing. Didn't get annoyed with Rin this episode so it is always a good sign.
May 16, 2011 1:31 AM

Jul 2008
domo022 said:
I really don't understand the gehenna, what kind place is gehenna? please someone explain to me. and also the principal is too weird.
Gehenna is hell, or the demon world. Assiah is earth/the human world in this series. They're all Hebrew terms.

BEGINNER
May 16, 2011 1:54 AM

May 2010
Izaya = Mephisto ? lol
May 16, 2011 2:32 AM

May 2008
Lol, I loved when Ryuuji was blushing, it was cute~

I think there will be some drama because of Rin saying Shiemi is not his friend~ That was quite rude.
sayamiMay 16, 2011 6:56 AM
May 16, 2011 2:48 AM

Aug 2010
Yes, this ep confirmed it's going to be one of my favourite shonen titles.
May 16, 2011 5:12 AM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Problem is that IMO those clergymen were not properly prepared against him. I had a freaking person possessed next to me IRL and I could have been killed but I survived. Of course this is anime so the whole blue flames thing does not happen IRL but it could while you are soul. In general it is said that blue flames are evil and represent evil spirits.

I don't know, I think it had something to do with it being like some major attack from Satan. I may be wrong but didn't coincide with when Rin was born (this attack on the clergyman) so maybe it was something they could have never been prepared for.

Yumekichi11 said:
I just hope she will have a good character. I do already like her powers from the OP as well as those of Shiemi. If anyone is wondering about Auvergne well you can read of it in the following link on wiki. Has something to do with France.

I thought she was really cool too. I was just disappointed when she went ahead of Shiemi on the ladder. I thought she was going to say something to her to encourage her, but I was tricked and she was kind of cold to her.
May 16, 2011 5:15 AM

Oct 2008
Seems like Rin and Ryuji are the same.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 16, 2011 5:25 AM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Problem is that IMO those clergymen were not properly prepared against him. I had a freaking person possessed next to me IRL and I could have been killed but I survived. Of course this is anime so the whole blue flames thing does not happen IRL but it could while you are soul. In general it is said that blue flames are evil and represent evil spirits.

I don't know, I think it had something to do with it being like some major attack from Satan. I may be wrong but didn't coincide with when Rin was born (this attack on the clergyman) so maybe it was something they could have never been prepared for.
It was not when he was born? It happened a year before he was born perhaps? The attack itself did look like it was a surprise one but it should been able to be blocked. It's true that surprises as in classical fireball spells do catch off guard but I guess it was the fear the broke the concentration of the priests and so they were totally off-guard to be consumed like lighting travels from object to object provided the conditions are met.
Yumekichi11 said:

prismheart said:
I thought she was really cool too. I was just disappointed when she went ahead of Shiemi on the ladder. I thought she was going to say something to her to encourage her, but I was tricked and she was kind of cold to her.
Yeah that part I did not like too. It's like she thinks she is better than most people or those who are slow are not liked by her. I wonder about all this but she will get -1 brownie points from me if she does something not nice to Shiemi.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 16, 2011 6:46 AM

Mar 2010
Rin rin rin rin rinooshibaa!

what's with those commercials ?!
May 16, 2011 7:15 AM

Feb 2011
Rin is so cute: "Oh no, it's just the two of us now!" *blush blush, smirk smirk* ^^

And I don't know what to think about Yukio, it's like he's contradicting himself. I think he's a really cool character and all (Godly seiyuu, I love your voice Fukuyama Jun! <3), but still, the way he treats Rin is really suspicious..
May 16, 2011 7:58 AM

Dec 2009
I didn't really have any expectations to this show, but this really is something! It's just getting better and better..! :D
May 16, 2011 8:26 AM

May 2010
Kittyman said:
However, the part where Rin says Shiemi isn't his friend overshadowed alot of my further enjoyment of the episode. Considering that misconception was not cleared up, I give this a 4/5.

Me too!I felt bad for shiemi when it was progressing really good too.too bad,however this episode as a whole is the best episode yet so 8/10.
May 16, 2011 8:37 AM

Jan 2009
Finally>Ryuuji is here-with Naki Kazuya`s voice <33
But why he is wearing two uniforms O_o?Male and Female..
ANyway,This Shima-I think he will be just like Sai,Fay,Gin -Faker?
I didnt read the manga...
May 16, 2011 8:51 AM

Apr 2011
Lylaaz said:

Hahaha i know right ! Its pretty random. "Mamashibaa"
May 16, 2011 9:40 AM
Nov 2008
Am I the only one who has absolutely no interest in any romantic aspect this show has to offer? No, from what I've seen so far, I just want pure bad ass action. Pushing Rin towards Shiemi feels so out of place. Really hope they don't do much with it. Otherwise, still loving the series.
May 16, 2011 9:49 AM

Jan 2011
Lylaaz said:

It seems you watched the [gg] release, right? This group has a bad habit of including stupid commercials in their releases.
May 16, 2011 9:59 AM

Jul 2010
Weak frog :D
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.