Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 23, 2011 11:38 AM

Sep 2010
just in episode 17 kujou act like a man...
nice guts man...

anyway,
who's that black haired girl...?
she's damn cute..
May 26, 2011 1:30 PM

Sep 2010
I can't remember Kujou meeting Cordelia before. Cordelia said: "We meet again, Kazuya Kujou".
May 29, 2011 7:33 AM

Sep 2010
She Died...

Kuso Yarou...!
May 29, 2011 10:18 AM

Jan 2011
Fraiiz-Wanderer said:
anyway,
who's that black haired girl...?
she's damn cute..
Yeah, she's cute

Oosran said:
Oh and, instrumental version of Resuscitated Hope during the last scene :>
One of most matching bgm with condition I ever hear.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
May 30, 2011 5:22 AM

Sep 2010
Hyoroemon said:
Yeah, she's cute

but why she died?
she's really my type and yet she only got 2 episode,,,
Jun 1, 2011 8:28 AM

Oct 2010
I loved that scene where the floodwater rushed behind as Kujo ran. Dramatic.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 7, 2011 2:08 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was freaking epic! I cried T_T That was the most emotional episode ever for me. Kujo saving Victorique in the following,

was the best of the best saves ever! Victorique was really clinging onto him. Not to mention that in the beginning she got a frightful visit from Brian and as result was depressed. Kujo was the man in the spoiler
even though Victorique was all depressed her still convinced of her acquaintance with Avril and that she has friends. She is not a Grey Wolf with no emotions. She is learning of them and accepts them since she feels them herself. Thus the running of Kujo with Victorique princess style as the waters engulf all of the Monastery was breathtaking! Really nice action there! It also important to remark other than the princess style carrying the 2nd point of relationship progression is in the spoiler
under the form of Victorique touching Kujo's hand.
Now that another amazing progress add to that Victorique emotional response to her mother's ring. Though I do wonder who is that behind the door smiling.

The second best thing in this episode is no doubt Cordelia Gallo as follows,

and her appearance here. She was amazing in not only having to give out a beautiful ring in Kujo's hands to give to Victorique but in also being really aggressive with Kujo towards the importance of it. Thus comes my favorite moment of her in the spoiler
that of her saying that she will love Victorique no matter what and shall come no matter what to help her
as well as to keep on living for her daughter to keep on solving life's mysteries. That is amazing speech really. I am really happy for Cordelia's part in not only having conveyed of the most strongest emotions from her but to have seen affirmation in it.

• Loved the beginning of Victorique being stuck in the tower and her mother trying to reach out to her in the spoiler
    it was very emotional as the only thing she could give to her was her pendant to remember and also that Victorique's eyes were so trauma types.

• Really nice part of Victorique's blushing and Kujo feeding her in the spoiler
    Kujo wiping Victorique's face since some cream got on, was very adorable and nice to see. Victorique's happy face sure showed that.

• Very nice explanation for the Holographic projector in the spoiler
    so that's what happened and so was all scientific. Although poor Victorique for falling. At least Simon Hunt helping her out was nice of him. It was very nice to make him into a super mastermind watchmaker. Most of them are very smart villainy like in Heros with Sylar. He was a watchmaker too. My point is that his watch skills made a nice trigger switch based on a certain time to open the flood gates.

• Albert De Blois in the spoiler
    is fucking disgusting piece of shit that I hope to see dead really soon. What he thinks of Victorique is shit! I can't believe he was just have sex with Cordelia with no feelings just to make a kid for his purposes and a daughter of all things. He does not deserve to have Victorique and I am damn glad that Kujo came to confront him! I am also happy to have seen that his face is scared and not as it was with Leviathan back in the past. I can't believe there is no death curse to kill him after all the shit he has done to people. Folks, this guy is shit and deserve not Victorique at all!

• The murder was totally gross in the spoiler
    poor Simon Hunt! D: I kind of knew ever since he climbing towards that locked box with a knife involved it would turn out bad. Especially with lighting striking down and the sudden dirty smile of that guy. I still do wonder who is that girl and the
    hallucination gas was really screwed up.
Best episode IMO so far.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 11, 2011 11:55 AM

Apr 2009
- "saving" Victorique and then staying in her prison for so damn long (and taking so many dresses on rescue quest?);
- wandering around the festival with Victorique in plain view (and I find it fishy that a magic festival is held in a convent of all places...);
- "don't breathe in this mist" *stays inside yapping instead of getting the heck out*
- leaving his girl in a dangerous place just because he saw a would-be enemy in the distance... damn Kujo;
- the ridiculous "confrontation" at the top of the tower...
- "how can I run when I don't know why I was born"... yeah, now the time's to get emo...
- ridiculously long monologue at the end and epic sprint of doom for the safety...
It's things like these that make it impossible for me to enjoy Gosick.

And I hope they will explain why Victorique's father even felt the need to drown the place. Most of the guests survived anyway. I wonder what happened to the nuns.
Jun 24, 2011 10:04 AM

May 2010
Dhuaine said:
- "saving" Victorique and then staying in her prison for so damn long (and taking so many dresses on rescue quest?);
- wandering around the festival with Victorique in plain view (and I find it fishy that a magic festival is held in a convent of all places...);
- "don't breathe in this mist" *stays inside yapping instead of getting the heck out*
- leaving his girl in a dangerous place just because he saw a would-be enemy in the distance... damn Kujo;
- the ridiculous "confrontation" at the top of the tower...
- "how can I run when I don't know why I was born"... yeah, now the time's to get emo...
- ridiculously long monologue at the end and epic sprint of doom for the safety...
It's things like these that make it impossible for me to enjoy Gosick.

And I hope they will explain why Victorique's father even felt the need to drown the place. Most of the guests survived anyway. I wonder what happened to the nuns.

Pretty much this. Although I enjoyed the character development in this ep.

I find it funny that the old white haired guy keeps that babbling about her daughter makes me think that she's referring to Victorique

yet I kept on refusing he's the father. It was a "trap." lulz
Jun 24, 2011 11:01 AM
May 2011
Heiru said:
Iilia said:
I feel like I'm the only one that was NOT even remotely thinking of Kujo proposing because he had to deliver a ring Cordelia gave him. She said to deliver the ring with a message, not propose to her daughter. XD

I just noticed this, but Shounen is a genre for this show? Really? How is this at all like a shounen?

lol there there you weren't the only one, actually proposing wasn't something I was thinking of either xD

Well, isn't shounen directed towards males, and stuff...
even though, meh idk

anyways, this episode was good we met Cordelia a bit more and Victorique's father.. xD;; well, he's an awesome father.

all in all I liked this episode ,but I do wonder what mysteries Cordelia meant..
yah this isnt really a shounen, hell if they weregonna add tags comedy and romance are more deserving,
Jun 25, 2011 2:10 PM

Mar 2011
19:50 - 22:30

One of the best scenes I've ever seen. (And of course previous ED instrumental)

Absolute 5/5

If they keep this anime at this level, it's going to get great for another 7 eps.

Victorique in a maido fuku? next ep is going to be interessting...

Dhuaine said:

Personnaly I think mr. Hunt flood the place, because the whole place was triggered because of a clock (bomb?) and remember when mr. hunt was lurking around the place and Victorique noticed he had machine oil on his fingers. (And he's a clock/watch maker) (Edit# Just noticed Yumekichi11 had the same idea.)

Yumekichi11 said:
This episode was freaking epic! I cried T_T That was the most emotional episode ever for me.

Completely agreed.
RizlimJun 25, 2011 2:19 PM
Jul 10, 2011 3:30 AM

Feb 2008
This show just got good all of a sudden.
Jul 24, 2011 10:07 PM

Apr 2011
Such a moving episode.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Jul 29, 2011 10:50 AM

Mar 2011
Good episode with a great end. Although, I wonder why the people at the end didn't bother to help him up.
Aug 31, 2011 8:52 AM

Jan 2010
Cheesy ending, but with Resuscitated Hope playing it made up for it. Story is getting somewhat interesting now.
Aug 31, 2011 10:58 PM
Aug 2011
@ Yumekichi11
Awesome walkthrough there, and thanks for the pics! And agreed, this was definitely one of the better episodes, the ending was marvelous. How Victoqrique lost all hope and wanted to stay and give up, then Kujo rescuing her... A great and emotional scene.
Sep 7, 2011 10:02 PM

Jul 2010
Hoppy said:
prismheart said:
Kujo sure was a boss carrying Victorique like that but why does he still leave her when she says things like it's a trap?

He's not that bright, but he's a gentleman and that deserves him some major respect.

somthing he hasnt been getting though, lol
for som reason though i feel he should have done some manly yelling when running to catch the train. haha that would be cool.

Nov 8, 2011 7:55 AM

Jun 2011
Kujo's idiocy never stops. What kind of gentleman leave a lady that he just saved from the bad guy just like that? And stop yelling Vic's name whenever he meets her!!!

I kinda like that Hunt guy. He's a bright man that probably on par with Vic. I want to see more from him but unfortunately he died. I wonder what his secret actually is...

Cordelia's message to Vic is very sweet and full of love from a mother~

Next episode will be Vic in maid uniform!?
Apr 20, 2012 6:28 PM

Mar 2009
I'd prefer more focus on cases, not on Victorique's past.
Apr 28, 2012 7:17 AM

Mar 2012
I almost cried when Kujou was carrying Victorique ... ;-;
May 8, 2012 6:40 PM

Jun 2011
Definitely the best episode so far. Finally the plot around Victorique i starting to get interesting.
The episode ended in quite weird and rushed way but there's still plenty of episodes left, so hopefully at least most of the questions will be answered before the end.

Cordelia and Roscoe are way more interesting characters that Kujou and Victorique...Looking forward to how the plot will advance from now on
May 22, 2012 6:50 AM

Dec 2011
Kujo looked beast carrying Victoria and running like that with the water rearing up behind them.
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Jul 5, 2012 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
kujo knows how to get shit done like a boss.
Aug 11, 2012 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
Yay the instrumental version of ED1 :D

I still don't get the cabinet murder thing XD
Sep 2, 2012 7:41 AM

Mar 2010
a little slow but it got better towards the ending..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 4, 2012 9:38 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome episode!!!!!
Nov 14, 2012 4:23 PM

Sep 2010
Iilia said:
I feel like I'm the only one that was NOT even remotely thinking of Kujo proposing because he had to deliver a ring Cordelia gave him. She said to deliver the ring with a message, not propose to her daughter. XD

I just noticed this, but Shounen is a genre for this show? Really? How is this at all like a shounen?

lol there there you weren't the only one, actually proposing wasn't something I was thinking of either xD

Well, isn't shounen directed towards males, and stuff...
even though, meh idk

anyways, this episode was good we met Cordelia a bit more and Victorique's father.. xD;; well, he's an awesome father.

all in all I liked this episode ,but I do wonder what mysteries Cordelia meant..

Yeah, I also didn't think Kujo would prupose, 'cause you know, he is Kujo.
Kujo seems to be happy at the fact he now has someone to protect.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 11, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
There will be no love confession ;/

Still the ending was great
Mar 23, 2014 4:53 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode. The plot is slowly moving forward.
That flashback of Cordelia and Victorique meeting ;_;
Kujou pretty much proposing to Victorique with the whole "protecting her forever" :3
So it seems like Brian might not be a bad guy after all.
Cordelia is sweet :)
I liked how the first (and better) ED played in the background during the run and the train scene. The instrumental version is also great.
I wonder who that black-haired girl is, we saw her too many times to not be important.
RazielZeroMar 24, 2014 4:16 PM
Apr 30, 2014 5:57 AM
Mar 2013
Kujo finally meets the big man himself. I like how Kujo has met both of Victorique's parents already. Marriage flag detected xD

TheCbass said:
I really enjoyed this episode =D im glad to see how things are going. Idk if this might be correct but, i feel that Cordelia hides inside that fortune telling machine Brian Roscoe has. It seems that it goes wherever he goes so it i might be correct. Also i feel that at one point Victorique will flee to Japan with Kujo... but thinking it more deeply it would suck as well once the war arrives =(
I agree I think Cordelia hides inside the machine as well. I still can't get over how tiny she is, almost like a kitten ^_^
Aug 23, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
I had a feeling that old man was Victorique's father; I just didn't expect him to be in a cheesy disguise.

Brian Roscoe is awesome. I have a feeling I'mma love him when he gets some real development.

Poor Hunt-san. I was growing fond of him, too. This series' secondary characters are almost better than the main characters. What was Hunt doing back when Kujo and Victorique first spotted him? Was he responsible for the flood gates failing or wut?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 16, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, that was a giri-giri call. I was holding my breath for a few seconds.

Poor Victorique... You don't need any particular purpose to be alive, you just need to be who you are. No one should have a traced life, like they were a tool.

Poor Hunt, I was starting to like him :(
But there is still some mystery behind him and what happenedaround his death. What was he doing in that tower? He was seem to be caught on the act of ''something''.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 22, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
An amazing episode. Finally, Cordelia and Brian had a better interpretation showing an interesting role. I don't believe Hunt were a simply watchmaker, in some degree had comparison with Victorique. His death was strange, but the black hair girl were suspicious when Hunt participated on the showing. I guess Hunt is related with the "box" (remember when he first met Victorique, what did he do there?).

Victorique knows she is not alone though his past. She is understanding the meaning of friendship.
Apr 21, 2015 2:30 PM

Feb 2014
This ending was so emotional and beautiful...
I almost cried...
And the END theme music from the first half of the season played!!
I love this music, so.. putting everything together, the emotional and beautiful scenes in the end plus the music (Ressucited Hope) just made everything perfect!
Sep 12, 2015 3:18 AM
May 2015
Sugoi sugoi!!
Dec 17, 2015 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
I was kind of irritated that Kujo left Victorique right in the middle of all the mist. Yeah, that was a great idea, Kujo. Just leave here there in the center of a hallucinatory gas. And if he didn't want Roscoe to get her, that was not his brightest idea. And near the end where she just kind of stopped running. Ugh. So much frustration. :c Sad to see Simon die.
Apr 8, 2016 3:55 PM

Oct 2014
rip kujo's hat 2011-2011
Mar 18, 2017 9:21 AM

Feb 2013
Cordelia loves Victorique, that's the most important thing.
May 27, 2017 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
Dunno why Victorique didn't try anything to prevent the murder of Hunt.

That ending was great, Kujo showed his guts Victorique finally some gratitude, that was really satisfaying.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 26, 2018 1:02 PM

Mar 2010
I'm really enjoying this anime now. I thought that it wasn't anything special at first, but the last three or so episodes have been amazing. Hopefully they'll keep up the good job.
May 3, 2020 5:54 AM

Jul 2009
Vic's dad is a soab!
Jul 2, 2020 12:42 AM

Aug 2018
The plot is really starting to thicken. I’m calling it now Brian is Vic’s daddy. The Duke is either a cuck or a fool.
Aug 6, 2022 3:03 PM

Mar 2019
I love Brian, lol. Mysterious characters are always something I like. I don't understand what happened with Victorique's mother after she ran away. And also who exactly are the Ministry of the Occult and the Academy and what's the deal with Victorique's father, that talk between him and Kujo at the end felt somewhat mysterious.

I still have so many questions, lol.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 1, 2023 12:38 PM
Dec 2015
Dang, they ended up losing her suitcase to the sea... that's tragic.

Sep 15, 2023 5:31 AM

Jan 2015
It is interesting that Cordelia is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro who was Shinku in Rozen Maiden given that Victorique is almost a carbon copy of her only in human form.
Feb 17, 4:11 AM

Apr 2013
Kujo really is a brainless idiot... what even was his plan by leaving Victorique's side and running into that building? Punch everyone to death?
Mar 31, 6:48 PM

Dec 2022
i just knew it
admittedly i miss Avril
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Yesterday, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.