Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 13, 2011 12:41 AM

Aug 2009
I think I shipped Yukiatsu and Anaru for a moment there.
You really can't hate anyone in this show. Great episode.
May 13, 2011 12:42 AM

Sep 2008
Well my hate for Yukiatsu pretty much ended now.

Anaru really needs to find some better friends. It'd be better to be alone than to have "friends" like those.

Another awesome episode as always. 5/5
May 13, 2011 12:56 AM

Jan 2009
Well, what? I can't even think of something to say about this episode.
Except that Anaru's friends can go get hit by a train or something equally (or more) painful. ಠ_ಠ
Oh well.
kaena said:
sigh i cant feel the emotions as most ppl do...but I WANT TO FEEL THAT SADNESS
im hoping this anime can sweep me away...
the saddest thing i saw was air..cant really think of anything else that really made me sad
I kind of feel the same thar. Everyone's getting emotional, and I just can't see why.
Well, almost. I didn't really find Air that sad either. I'd probably have to say Clannad After Story, if I'm to name an anime that kind of made me sad. Oh wait, ef ( ;∀;)
OosranMay 13, 2011 3:57 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 13, 2011 1:37 AM

Apr 2009
Anaru's personality really doesn't fit with her self made image. Makes me wonder how she kept it up for who knows how many years.
May 13, 2011 1:41 AM
Apr 2011
When you see how an anime makes people go from hating a character to the bone to suddenly liking him, you know it's good at manipulating people's feelings. Wow, that last episode, quite powerful.

After thinking about it, I'm not sure if Yukiatsu really redeemed himself. Why does he want o go out with anaru? To get back at Jinta? Obviously he's not in love with her. It seems he has other motives.

I'm VERY impressed with how this show is going... Even clannad had its share of boring filler episodes (given it is a 50 episode anime (counting both seasons). But this, every single episode is jam packed with drama. Not a single wasted scene.

So far I don't think it's really moved me emotionally yet, but I don't think the point is that people are crying over it now; it's that they (at least I) see a great potential that this show CAN end up really emotional; it's very good at manipulation emotions, as I've mentioned before. But no, it isn't making me cry a litre of tears (haha) just yet.
BalakirevMay 13, 2011 1:48 AM
May 13, 2011 1:48 AM

Oct 2010
Ora-Serphanta said:
meme-chan said:
lol Yukiatsu went to buy the dress with Tsuruko...

I think Tsuruko is next? She's drawing Menma again in this ep and I think she has the same hairpin Yukiatsu got for Menma when they were children... and is that a love letter we see in the preview?

She's actually drawing Yukiatsu instead of Menma.

Case in point: Menma's sleeves in comparison to Yukiatsu's

Oh wow, I did not think of it that way but this would be second foreshadow. NIce owrk on that one! Good point out. It amy be by next episode we get some more drama between Yukiatsu and Tsuruko. Remember series is to get worse and worse in the negative sadness. Apparently author expectations last I heard.
Ora-Serphanta said:
Is it just me or does this help the theory of Tsuruko's ability to see Menma? :U
====
I am totally down for the "Each one has a way to see Menma and finds out to see her" but I think emotionas and drama will prevails over anything else.
Oosran said:
Except that Anaru's friends can go get hit by a train or something equally (or more) painful. ಠ_ಠ
Oh well.
Yeah! Exactly they should!
Oosran said:
kaena said:
sigh i cant feel the emotions as most ppl do...but I WANT TO FEEL THAT SADNESS
im hoping this anime can sweep me away...
the saddest thing i saw was air..cant really think of anything else that really made me sad
I kind of feel the same thar. Everyone's getting emotional, and I just can't see why.
Well, almost. I didn't really find Air that sad either. I'd probably have to say Clannad After Story, if I'm to name an anime that kind of made me sad.
Because entertainment's job is to bring the emotions that are only possible between friends and family/relationship IRL. See Clannad made you sad so I guess this is not exactly the same format that would work on you but hey this makes me think on par with emotional deliverance with Ef/Clannad.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 13, 2011 1:57 AM

Oct 2010
This is seriously becoming one of my all time favorites
May 13, 2011 2:34 AM

Nov 2007
Ahaha One Piece :P

Anaru was officially adorable this episode. And Yukiatsu made up for his previous attitude.
Next ep seems like a Tsurumi one? I sure hope so. She's been doing her best to help Yukiatsu, but I'm sure she also has some issues that she needs to sort out.

Poor Menma ;____;

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
May 13, 2011 3:22 AM
Apr 2011
Lulexiaa said:
Just to add on..

Im tired of Jinta thinking Menma is just a "hallucination"..
Shes THERE and shes REAL!

Well...she might NOT be. For all we know, in the distance Yadomi heard and saw the confession and that's why he knew about the hair clip back then... wouldn't it be quite the twist if it just turned out Yadomi was insane? xD That would be quite tragic, no?
May 13, 2011 3:52 AM

Oct 2008
Awww. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 13, 2011 4:03 AM

Jan 2009
ChristianCo said:
Lulexiaa said:
Just to add on..

Well...she might NOT be. For all we know, in the distance Yadomi heard and saw the confession and that's why he knew about the hair clip back then... wouldn't it be quite the twist if it just turned out Yadomi was insane? xD That would be quite tragic, no?
No, even better, in fact, he wasn't insane, and there wasn't any Menma at all. Jintan was just tricking everyone, his friends, us viewers, everyone. (Even himself as to the extent that he can convince the others that Menma was there.)
In the end, he goes school days on everyone and wakes up the day after, being like "Oh, right..."
Now that'd be... eh, a twist?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 13, 2011 4:15 AM

Oct 2010
I'm still down for Jinta and Anaru getting together >.<
Tsuruko is pulling off a yandere (or so I believe) on Yukiatsu, not that it affects him.

Very emotional episode. I was wondering how they were gonna make Yukiatsu's crossdressing sensible, the scene couldn't be more perfect. Also Yukiatsu saving Anaru was awesome ^^

5/5 from me
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
May 13, 2011 4:52 AM
Oct 2010
Anaru was going to be raped. What a cursed name she has LOL.
But that episode was kinda empty. e_e

PS: Yukiatsu's Engrish rules!
May 13, 2011 4:53 AM

Jun 2008
manchester said:
i had no idea how they were going to handle yukiatsu being a creepy crossdresser, but... in my opinion, it was done beautifully. his breakdown in the beginning added so much sympathy to his character. i have liked him from the start, flaws and jerkass tendencies in all, and seeing all this depth added to him is amazing. he's an interesting character. i really hope people do not continue writing him off as douchebag creep when there is so much more to him! grief can manifest in many different ways and some people are just shit awful at coping, honestly.

I absolutely agree. I LOVED Yukiatsu since the first episode, and i love him more now for admitting his flaws, his pain, his sense of guilt,(although it was not really his fault), his rage. Those are emotions he should have expressed long time ago when Menma died, but he didnt, so the guy had all the right to do it, and he did it well :)
Best crossdresser evahhhh XD

i also confess that although im Anaru x Jintan, i wouldnt mind to see a future Yukiatsu x Anaru, i liked the sincere talk they had and Yukiatsu saving Anaru was plain awesome.

Yukiatsu lover here! ;)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 13, 2011 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
I have a little trouble rating this show. I mean, about my favorite TV anime series - back when I was watching the first Haruhi (it was some time after its original run, I marathoned it), after few episodes I knew that "this is it", started following all the news, read the light novels, and so on. Last season's Madoka caught me enough to make me contribute on its wiki, read the mangas and even livewatch the later episodes. That's even though both these shows have its obvious flaws - they just managed to make me their fanboy somehow.

AnoHana, on the other side, is practically flawless - it has an exceptionally well written, unpredictable story, good pacing, great visuals and an adequate (and well executed) emotional impact. It's easily a 10 (and the best TV anime series I watched to date) if I were to take a purely analytic approach to rating it. But something about it just doesn't feel like a 10. It just doesn't cross the boundary between "yeah, that's a great show, I enjoy it a lot" and "OMG I WANT MOAR WHY ISN'T THERE NEXT EP ALREADY???????!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneone" to me, like Haruhi and Madoka did. Maybe it's just "yet", but something tells me it's not.

Back to ep5. What I love the most about this show is its unpredictability. OK, we saw Yukiatsu's crossdressing coming, but nothing more, really. I was wondering how were they going to execute the story after the whole group's reunion in ep3, and they showed us Yukiatsu's psycho side. When I was worried about this show turning into some weird "OMG he's crossdressing, let's help him" drama, they came up with THIS. Yeah, Yukiatsu is not a bad character, he's just a great guy with issues, and I can relate to him because of that. The scene of Poppo yelling at Menma with her breaking in tears was great, too. Though I wondered why Jintan didn't just tell her to eat, like Poppo suggested.

Ora-Serphanta said:
Is it just me or does this help the theory of Tsuruko's ability to see Menma? :U

I doubt it. Notice how she drew Menma (I'm talking about the first drawing, the color one) in childish proportions. She just drew Menma how she remembers her back from the old days.

Her new drawing, which is clearly Yukiatsu cosplaying Menma and not Menma herself, is interesting indeed. Her being yandere but really loving Yukiatsu is highly probable.

The whole Love Dodecahedron is quite funny, though.
May 13, 2011 7:16 AM

Feb 2011
Yukari_Hiwada said:
I think I shipped Yukiatsu and Anaru for a moment there.

Same.
May 13, 2011 7:19 AM

Jul 2008
Hey!Say! JUMP reference SUUPPPPPPPEEEEEER!
if anyone wonders who HSJ's Yama-chan is here's a picture:(middle right)

Yukiatsu looks a lot more like him

though I never ever expected a Johnny's reference and nonetheless my favorite Yama-chan
May 13, 2011 7:30 AM

Jul 2010
at first i thought anjou is pretty aggressive type tsundere but she's actually really defensive... i thought she will slap that guy. though i already guessed yukiatsu will save him because the moment yukiatsu saw her, he left the station.

also menma last scene just bring a tear in my eye somehow. also i thought Jin-tan will apologize to her when they had little conversation before his dad came, but instead he said some rude line in the end. hiding his feeling and making tsun tsun comment.

Yukiatsu redeemed himself pretty well in this episode. he even didn't mind anjou for calling him cross-dresser. also he make anjou to realize what she really think about jinta. i hope anjou will ditch and slap those slutty friends in next episode.

Tsuroko was trying that hairpin. i think she found that one in forest (which yukiatsu threw) I want her to get courage and confess her feeling for Yukiatsu.
May 13, 2011 7:32 AM

Apr 2008
Yukiatsu's such a wimp pretending to call for help instead of opening a can of woop ass on that asshole who tried to rape Anaru, grrr he should've torn him a new one!

Zomg I love this show I love this show I don't want it to end !! I don't want to wait another week for the next ep !!! gaaah *explodes*
May 13, 2011 7:33 AM

Jun 2009
So i'm ignoring posts on this page due to tl;dr and :effort:
I love this show.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 13, 2011 7:38 AM

Sep 2010
Up to this point, I've enjoyed the show, but I haven't loved it. I think with this episode, things are really starting to come together. The mystery continues to deepen, and we're given much more insight into the characters. Yukiatsu and Tsuruko remain in-character (in other words, not exactly the most lovable characters in the show), but soften (mostly Yukiatsu in this episode, Tsuruko mostly in the last) to the point that we now like them and feel for them.

Terrific episode and easily the best so far in the series.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker
May 13, 2011 7:53 AM

Jun 2009
Another wonderful episode, lol many confessions. Menma so kawaii, wish everone could see her soon :(

May 13, 2011 7:57 AM

Feb 2010
I really like this show, but Jinta is going to make me rage if he keeps up the "hallucination" crap much longer. It'd make things so much easier for him to just have her prove that she exists and get on with things. The only reason I can even think of that he isn't doing that would be that it's him performing her actions. And if that's the case, it would make for some strange situations considering some of the stuff Menma had done in previous episodes. Really hope that's not the angle they take, but it's the only one that provides any reasoning for his stupidity.
May 13, 2011 8:00 AM
Dec 2007
Very nice episode once again but I wish it would develop a bit more each week (except if this is supposed to be a 26-episodes anime in which case I understand the pace being slower.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 13, 2011 8:26 AM

Sep 2009
Orulyon said:
I absolutely agree. I LOVED Yukiatsu since the first episode, and i love him more now for admitting his flaws, his pain, his sense of guilt,(although it was not really his fault), his rage.
same here plus his narcissism ;D

Oh my, Anaru and Yukiatsu is quiet shippable. Loved the train talk <3

ChristianCo said:
wouldn't it be quite the twist if it just turned out Yadomi was insane? xD That would be quite tragic, no?
Maybe not insane exactly. They could throw something like brain tumor to the plot which caused the hallucination.
Fitting the ghost theory adds a huge flaw to the show; Like Poppo said: pick up a damn bell and just ring it Menma!

Anyways, I am in love with the show flawfull or flawless XD
May 13, 2011 8:33 AM

Mar 2009
Poor Poppo and Menma at the end.. ;__; ♥

All the characters keep growing on me. It's rare that I don't dislike atleast one person in a show, so I'm glad I like everyone in AnoHana. So far... :P

It's gonna be hard waiting for episode 6! DX
May 13, 2011 9:33 AM

May 2010
Many exposition of feelings there esp. Naruko. <3

Although I'm really glad that Popo always shows up to cheer up the atmosphere and tries to help

but I think the words "Go to heaven" seems to hurt

since all she wanted to be is to be together with her friends. Really sad indeed. :(

Looking forward for the next ep :)
May 13, 2011 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
I enjoyed this episode again, but it's getting harder and harder to ignore the thought in the back of my mind constantly going, "omfg, just pick something up and show them you're real, Menma!!" It's pretty frustrating that she never does - especially when Poppo tries to make her. :/ But anyway, it was a really good episode. I'm actually starting to really like Yukiatsu now, which I thought would never happen. Can't wait for next week! :)
May 13, 2011 9:47 AM

Aug 2008
I like the conversation between Anaru and Yukiatsu.
It's kinda sad really. Everybody loves somebody but their love is unrequited. for now.
May 13, 2011 9:53 AM

Feb 2008
just because we finally found out why Yukiatsu cross dressed still doesnt change the fact that he's a cocky F*** that thinks he's better than everyone.
May 13, 2011 10:18 AM

Aug 2010
Menma most likely wants them all to just move on with life. Everyone seems to be having problems coping with what happened and they are really being themselves (except maybe Popo).
May 13, 2011 10:34 AM

May 2011
I knew the Yukietsu confession was coming. I pretty much knew it was going to be a "take the chance cause Jinta blew it" reveal of his feelings moment. I also thought it would be the catalyst of her falling into the river, but it was not immediate. So that's still up in the air.

Just like Anjou and Jinta, Yukietsu feels his actions that day lead to her demise and feels a similar sense of anguish because of it. Which is what led him to do a desperate personally destructive act similar to Jinta.

Something to note here. When Menma was consoling Yukietsu through Jinta he mentioned the hairpin directly. This hit Yukietsu like a ton of bricks. I'm sure their must have been a thought of, "How did he know?!" I'm hoping this is the start of the proof that the others need that his "visions" are legit.

Jinta is slowly starting to convey the thoughts and emotions of Menma to others. I feel like this is going to be the point where the others will believe him. especially if they feel it's a secret that only they and Menma knew about.

Anjou, being setup with the guy is a big catalyst. As much as i hate the Bakainu twins, I doubt they did THAT with the intent of her getting sexually assaulted. However, this is the type of life they lead, Anjou has to really start to think "Is this what i want?" She can't continue on with them and not embrace their loose lifestyle.

Tsuruko having that old hairpin is an eye opener. Did she get it right after Yukietsu threw it? Did she confront Menma right after? something serious is opening up here. She's the most mysterious of the bunch. We need to see where they go with her plot development soon.

Yukietsu's reasoning for following Anjou seems unclear to me. Was he in the loop with Tsuruko and knew that Anjou was easily influenced and might be in trouble? Who knows. Thankfully he was there when he was. No, he wasn't Sir Galahad and beat the crap out of the lecherous cretin. But as he explained in the train, it's not his style, and he'd be a fool if he directly engaged an opponent who's much larger than himself.

The train scene. This one is really up for interpretation. Him coming out and asking Anjou if "she was a virgin" was quite bold. But judging by her not wanting to be molested i guess it was just to confirm what he was thinking. Was Yukietsu serious when he asked Anjou out? I think it was to elicit a response. It's no big secret that Anjou was drawn to Jinta. Anjou seemed to be much more open to dicussing things after Yukiestu hit her with some tough questions early. Anjou's thoughts on Jinta seem genuine. She's drawn to him but is not sure if it's love. She was saddened that Jinta bailed on school. But understood how much pain he must have been feeling to lose his mom and Menma, the two most important women/girls in his life. This whole scene gives you a sense that there will be a big moment where Jinta and Anjou discuss things and decide where they stand. I'm still not sure how it will end up. I like Anjou a lot even if she's a bit weak minded. I'd love to see Jinta and her as a couple.

Poppo calling out to Menma at the end was heartwretching to see. Menma would want them all to see her but they cannot. Her breaking down really hit home. Jinta handled the situation the best way he could asking Poppo to please stop for Menma's sake. Poppo really believes in Jinta and Menma and has been 100% by their side this whole time. I just think Poppo pushing too hard is a misstep on his part. Poppo always did seem to be the one to take things to the extreme. I'd love to have a friend like Poppo.

Next week is going to be interesting. With no big cliffhangers being played out, I have no idea what's going to happen next. Poppo and Tsuruko still haven't had their big moments yet. I do see something brewing with Tsuruko as a result of the fallout from Yukietsu's big reveal and the hairpin. Alas, we'll have to wait and see.
CirrisMay 13, 2011 1:05 PM
May 13, 2011 10:45 AM
Jan 2010
OShoranO said:
Anaru's personality really doesn't fit with her self made image. Makes me wonder how she kept it up for who knows how many years.

I'd like to know that too. And her friends don't seem to be the kind that would bother hanging out with someone that is not like them.

Balakirev said:

After thinking about it, I'm not sure if Yukiatsu really redeemed himself. Why does he want o go out with anaru? To get back at Jinta? Obviously he's not in love with her. It seems he has other motives.

I don't think he was serious when he asked her out. And you really don't need to like/love someone to ask him/her out...
May 13, 2011 10:49 AM

Jun 2009
I still don't get what Yukiatsu was saying when the train stopped.
But anyways, enjoyable episode :)

May 13, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2009
My favorite episode so far. ^^ It almost made me want to cry. Can't wait for next episode. ^^
May 13, 2011 11:13 AM

Oct 2010
Tsuruko having that old hairpin is an eye opener.

I could only watched this episode once so details are a bit fuzzy lol but my impression was that even though Yukiatsu threw it into the nearby bushes right after he was rejected, he couldn't leave it behind (since it represented his love) so went and retrieved it, since we see him open his drawer in the present time and it's there. But since he's been able to move on from his guilt, he then gave it to Tsuruko, not necessarily in his eyes as a token of love (although she might look at it this way)?

Anyway, I wish Poppo could have seen the wet drops on the floor of Jintan's house as Menma was crying, that's his second close encouter with Menma so far.

Balakirev said:

I don't think he was serious when he asked her out. And you really don't need to like/love someone to ask him/her out...

Agree with above. Also since he was quite open in acknowledging he still loves Menma and Naruko was being evasive in their conversation, I think he wanted to get her to admit that she also still loves Jintan.
gracenoteMay 13, 2011 11:23 AM
May 13, 2011 11:34 AM

Oct 2007
This show is really knows how to open as many directions as possible.

Oosran said:
No, even better, in fact, he wasn't insane, and there wasn't any Menma at all. Jintan was just tricking everyone, his friends, us viewers, everyone. (Even himself as to the extent that he can convince the others that Menma was there.)
In the end, he goes school days on everyone and wakes up the day after, being like "Oh, right..."
Now that'd be... eh, a twist?
I think saying that Jintan was tricking everyone and us would be like ignoring what happened in the first episode where Menma went to visit her own house and how she were able to open the door while Jintan was still inside his house.

OShoranO said:
She has been such a fashion person since she was small in the flashback.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 13, 2011 11:42 AM
Dec 2010
Good episode! Thank heavens Yukiatsu redeemed himself in the beginning. Even though it wasn't meant to be funny, I was laughing at the engrish scene. Plus, it's the only part that I can watch without subtitles. xD On another note... All the episodes go by so fast! It only feels like I'm watching for 10 minutes before the episode ends.

Lulexiaa said:

I agree! I guess Jinta doesn't seem like the type that wants to mess with people about Menma. >.<
polarkatMay 13, 2011 11:50 AM
May 13, 2011 12:39 PM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Yukiatsu is my hero for saving Anjou
as follows,

WTF @ the guy! He is a piece of shit that wanted some virgin pussy, well I wish Anjou would have slapped him instead of crying and screaming. Maybe even punch him but her being bad at peer pressure would only be inevitable for her to give in easily. At least she is not that easy with the struggle she showed against that guy. For some elaboration on Anjou,

About Anjou, well at first Aki and Haruna were really friendly with Anjou until Haruna started BS about not being her friends and I know that Anjou's facial expression, showed she did not like it despite giving out a fake smile of relief to say the least. I am sure that here Anjou wanted to go see Tsurumi and Yukiatsu but this time she wanted to stick with her friends. It obvious from the looks the banquet that the 2 guys payed it. I mean food/alcohol and all that looks kind of expensive. Obviously this guy noticed that Anjou is the shy girl who does not talk and I bet he thinks he can score her because he did so with another girl like her. So he thinks that by going out of his way Anjou will be less shy with less people, what a smart ass this guy is and a obvious young worker after younger meat. Oh God Anjou's friends in the spoiler
obviously are thinking she going to get laid and obviously it tells me they did this a lot of times. So it ends like a feared towards the love hotel. Obviously from the looks of the following spoiler
they guy flirts way too quickly from back grabbing downwards to the ass, I mean come on! The guy wants a quicky but Anjou does look at all happy of it. Thus Yukiatsu saves her and did good but she should have just hit the guy and scream rape. Where is the nuts kick! ROFL!
codes said:
Yukiatsu confession to menma
Cute and emotionally charged! It was a wonderful thing indeed.
codes said:
-Yukiatsu confirmed for BRO, Anjou confirmed for virgin, safe thanks to Yukiatsu. Discuss
Yeah that is why he is not BRO but GENTLEMAN! It could have been coincidence that he passed by so instead I shall thank God.

I guess that's what Anjou's so called friends do, work as part-time whores, man I guess Anjou has to pick her friends carefully, she would have been another girl molested and abuse if Yakiatsu hasn't been around. Sadly, things like that does happen in real life.
May 13, 2011 12:54 PM
Apr 2010
I don't really get what's going on, or rather i'm missing background. Matsuyuki confessed Honma died because of him, but he didn't specify how...

Also, everything they're trying to say (which EVERYONE could guess) is vague, in terms of subject.

But my god... when Honma started crying, it was like my heart shattered.
May 13, 2011 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
Great developments in this episode! We learned many things about most of the characters and the drama was very nice...

Anjou really hangs around the wrong kind of people. Good think Yukiatsu came along just in time. I despise guys who (try to) take advantage of a girl SO much! :@

The conversation on the train was pretty interesting as well. Anjou confessed that she likes Jintan to Yukiatsu. I didn't really understand the "he left us behind" part tough. I'm guessing he was talking about Jintan, but what did he mean exactly?

Besides all that, Poppo is getting pretty serious about wanting to see Menma. Maybe he got a little too eager and therefore made Menma all emotional. My question since last episode remains the same: why can't Menma just give a sign! Like a sound? Or the tears dropping on the floor?

Dammit, another week of waiting to see where this goes! >.<

May 13, 2011 1:29 PM

Nov 2010
This episode solidifies this anime as one of my all time favorites. I love the consistency of the episodes in terms of quality, and that is extremely hard and rare these days. Definitely the best of the season.

tsubasalover said:
And Earthquake warning when Yukiatsu's confession...

"Yukiatsu, I know you're confessin' and everythin', and I'll let you finish in a minute, but there's an earthquake coming!!!" XD
May 13, 2011 1:30 PM

Feb 2010
Am I wrong in thinking that Yukiatsu said "THEY left us behind..." or "We've been left behind.." not "he left us behind"? Cuz that makes perfect sense. Yukiatsu is into menma and Anjou is into Jintan...and in a way, both Menma and Jintan have left Yukiatsu/Anjou behind. Menma in death and Jintan in becoming a recluse (also with his feelings for Menma.)

Anyways... I want everyone to be able to see poor Menma :(!

Can't wait until next week...
May 13, 2011 1:51 PM

Apr 2009
Nice save Matsuyuki. Loved the episode, Want More
May 13, 2011 2:10 PM

May 2009
pilipino101 said:
I don't really get what's going on, or rather i'm missing background. Matsuyuki confessed Honma died because of him, but he didn't specify how...

I think he thought she died because of him because a) if he hadn't stopped her, she could have catched up with Jinta before reaching the stream, thus dying, or b) he thought Menma got confused because of his confession, and couldn't pay attention to her surroundings, making a mistake while running, thus dying.
May 13, 2011 2:21 PM

Sep 2009
That was an interesting episode. It really makes me wonder how this'll end since everyone else can't see Menma and it'd be a little anticlimactic if everyone could like just suddenly see her or something.

I dunno. Even though Yukiatsu is a little crazy you can understand where he's coming from. Derp.
May 13, 2011 2:44 PM

Sep 2009
So Yukiatsu crossdresses, everyone forgives him and worries about him. I crossdress, I end up with bruises and jailtime. What's up with that?
May 13, 2011 2:56 PM

Jan 2009
Still my favorite show of this season, hopefully it stays that way.

MusashiRose said:
Am I wrong in thinking that Yukiatsu said "THEY left us behind..." or "We've been left behind.." not "he left us behind"? Cuz that makes perfect sense. Yukiatsu is into menma and Anjou is into Jintan...and in a way, both Menma and Jintan have left Yukiatsu/Anjou behind. Menma in death and Jintan in becoming a recluse (also with his feelings for Menma.)

Anyways... I want everyone to be able to see poor Menma :(!

Can't wait until next week...

It was translated "We've been left behind" in gg's subs.
May 13, 2011 3:00 PM

May 2010
EchoesOfMana said:

tsubasalover said:
And Earthquake warning when Yukiatsu's confession...

"Yukiatsu, I know you're confessin' and everythin', and I'll let you finish in a minute, but there's an earthquake coming!!!" XD

Nice.

In any case:

(Edit: Changed image host. Now it can be viewed again.)
SubCricketMay 13, 2011 4:50 PM
May 13, 2011 3:01 PM

Nov 2010
SubCricket said:
Nice.

In any case:

LOL! Took me a while to get this XD
Well played, good sir, well played.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.