Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 19, 2012 12:17 PM

Sep 2009
I feel like I wanna give an extra point just for mentioning Yamada from Hey!Say!JUMP XD
that was so randomly awesome!
I love HSJ! and Yamada too!
Feb 7, 2012 3:51 PM

Sep 2010
Here's what I'll predict will happen:

1. Jinta will end up with Naruko
2. Tsurumi witl Mastuyuki
3. Menma will disappear by the end of episode 11.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 11, 2012 10:31 AM
Jun 25, 2012 8:55 PM

May 2011
Menma crying is a very touching scene there!
Jul 14, 2012 10:32 PM

Aug 2010
Didnt expect Yukiatsu would go and save Anaru! :o

I was just thinking, to prove of Menma's 'existence', why not ask her to do something so Jintan can prove that Menma really is there and did make that cupcake or something!

I feel kind of irritated by Menma at this point, not very sure why.. And even though I know that Poppo might not mean any harm but i guess those words were a little too much for Menma who also have no answers to those questions herself..
Jul 24, 2012 4:35 AM

May 2012
Damn what a lovely episode the ending made me cry a little :'(
Aug 14, 2012 9:26 PM

Apr 2009
So basically only Poppo isn't in this love mess.
Sep 29, 2012 5:33 AM

Apr 2010
forever777me said:

It would be too predictable...

Still, nice episode.
Oct 1, 2012 5:25 AM

Sep 2011
LOLOLOL so many love triangles.

kratos_aurion said:
forever777me said:

It would be too predictable...

Still, nice episode.

It seems Jinta will end up with Menma though.

Jan 4, 2013 12:25 AM

Jul 2009
excellent episode.

Matsuyuki turned a 180 after that performance.

so Naruko is a virgin, damn bastard trying to steal away Naruko.

while i still hate Matsuyuki, at least thanks to him Naruko is safe.

Naruko does love Jintan huh?

i just feel bad for Naruko falling for Jintan.

i mean why not me?!?! :P

why did Tsurumi had a similar hair pin like Menma?

is she trying to mimic her so that Matsuyuki would look at her.

Poppo went to far though, we already know everyone wants to talk to Menma.

can't wait for the next one, this series is too short though :\
Jan 19, 2013 9:49 AM

Jun 2012
It's sad that only yadomi can see menma D:
Mar 22, 2013 7:00 PM
Jul 2018

Why does it feel that I'm liking Yukiatsu?
I have such flairs for antagonists guys.
Mar 24, 2013 10:10 AM
Mar 2013
Animatronix said:
I don't get why Menma doesn't just ring a bell or pick up objects. Somehow she can touch people, and they can feel something.

Exactly I was really annoyed that she just started crying. DO SOMETHING!

Is it that hard? She can pick up things, she can cook and she can eat. I think she just likes being there and doesn't want to vanish, but if that's the case she shouldn't ***** about some stupid wish!
*sigh~~~*
Weird anime's are weird.
Mar 27, 2013 9:01 AM

Sep 2012
I feel sorry for Poppo... :(
May 4, 2013 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
The scene where Yukiatsu grabs Jinta and tells him it's his fault that Menma died was so powerful. I was seriously holding back tears. It seems Tsuruko knew that he has been feeling this way. She has been with him as well when he bought the dress that looked like the one Menma had.

The scene on the train was also great. Yukiatsu tells Anaru that they've been left behind, which is ironic since Yukiatsu must be near the top of his class and at a prestigious school yet he is left behind by Jinta who is basically a dropout.

I will say that Menma crying at the end was a little over the top. It was a touching moment without a doubt but she's basically been crying everytime something sad happens (which is fine since it was stated that she was a crybaby) but it lost a little bit of the feeling for me seeing it so many time. Just a little though :)

I hope they'll all be able to see her
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 23, 2013 3:51 AM

Apr 2013
A lot of emotion in this episode. But still it was great. And they mentioned One piece as well.
May 26, 2013 3:26 AM

Dec 2012
Yukiatsu sure redeemed himself well, like the MAN he is indeed. He's no woman!

Glad to see Anjou actually put up some resistance and not be like one of those ridiculous anime chicks who SOMEHOW gets NTR'd by going along even though she doesn't want it in the first place.

I find it ridiculous that Menma is able to interact with her surroundings physically, won't it make it extremely easy to prove that she is there, and possibly even interacting with the rest of them? It's so painfully obvious that I'm wondering whether this plot hole would ever be resolved.
Jul 2, 2013 6:59 AM
Dec 2012
This episode made me cry like a baby. It was just.. so perfect. The voiceacting, the story...
Jul 30, 2013 10:30 AM
Feb 2008
It was an interesting episode. I like how candid Yukiatsu is but he's still an asshole. It's a bit odd how the glasses chick knows everything about everyone though. I mean I guess she's good at reading people but I just find it strange that she hasn't exposed herself at least a little emotionally as the others have so far.

As for Menma's interactions I'm not sure you're supposed to take those literally. It's not confirmed if she's a ghost or some manifestation of Yadomi's guilt/resentment or just some delusion since both she and his mom died so suddenly.
Sep 28, 2013 2:41 PM

May 2013
Best episode since the first one.
yuki's scene really got to me. hes my fav character now. i loved his dialouge with anarou it was both heart warming funny and emotional.
i loved the one piece reference it made me smile.

so far this show is a 9
Dec 4, 2013 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
Wait, so... Yukiatsu likes Menma, while also liking Anaru, Anaru and Menma on the other hand both like Jinta, and Poppo is forever alone? What a love octagon.
Dec 15, 2013 3:23 PM
Feb 2013
How dare that guy use One Piece to get on with Anaru, that good for nothing. However, I think Poppo was sadder at the end then Menna was
Dec 26, 2013 1:57 PM

Jul 2013
Now the drama spike things up, that ending caught me off guard when Poppo is blurting out those words in front of Menma (even though he can't see or hear her).

Glad that Yukiatsu saved Anaru from that person who harass her. Now I want to see her true feelings for Jintan.

Everyone is very influence about Menma image, but gets a little downright from some people. Even the crossdressing Yukiatsu liked her huh... well this episode had lots of feels into it, I like to where this is going.

Jan 16, 2014 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
I watched the first 5 episodes of this show and i didn't wrote anything

I actually love this anime..very emotional and deep

i liked this episode too..Glad that Yukiatsu saved Anarou from that guy

One Piece reference FTW
Mar 7, 2014 10:32 PM

Mar 2013
This was a much more emotional episode and the story is finally developing nicely.
Mar 23, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, seeing Poppo so desparate to talk to Menma was really depressing. And her crying without him noticing it... But really Menma, just make a bowl fly or something!

So we got to ''solve'' the case about Yukiatsu. Man, he got rejected by the girl he loved and then she die... Same for Jin-tan, he tell her that he doesn't love that ''ugly girl'' and then hours later, she die. Fate is really a bitch, right?

I was really scared when that molester forced Anaru to follow her to an hotel. What a fucker, go die in an alley, plz.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 15, 2014 7:12 AM

Sep 2013
The story is getting pretty interesting, its nice to see Yukiatsu not acting like a jerk anymore.
May 13, 2014 4:47 PM

Jun 2012
This confirms that the One Piece fanbase consists mostly of rapists.
May 17, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2012
I'm really liking the character interactions. They're just too gud.

And I really want this to have a happy ending. :I
Jun 9, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2012
idiot. you don't ask a girl who was just about to be sexually assaulted if she wants to go out with you. there is a time and a place for things.

and he's probably still in love with Menma so I don't even know if he really likes Anjou?
so if it was a joke then it was even less considerate.
Jun 19, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
Borgia said:

I nearly choked when I read that. .______.;;;

- - - - -

Yukiatsu still seems pretty creepy. The guy's scarred badly. I'm glad he was there to help out Anjou, but what was up with his asking her out anyway? That seemed to come out of nowhere... Also, we discover that he liked Menma too when they were little.

Seems like Tsuruko likes Yukiatsu, to me. She apparently retrieved the hairpin he threw way back then. Wearing it like that implies pretty strongly that she still wants to be with him. She's constantly hanging out with him too. I wonder how she feels about the Menma stuff.

The part with Poppo was really sad. You can tell how hard he's trying to help... how badly he wants to be able to see Menma too.

Menma broke down and started crying. I know she doesn't understand why she's there, but she doesn't seem to want to interact with anyone else, either. Sure, she might hug them when she's super happy or something, but when it comes down to showing them that she's there, she won't do anything. I wonder why that is...

Good episode. Anjou really needs to ditch her "friends" already.
Sep 7, 2014 12:01 AM

Oct 2013
Shuhan said:

rofl

Good episode, lots of feels at the end.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 16, 2014 1:07 PM
Jun 2014
Oddlly enough, the thing that stuck out to me most this episode was so insignificant. Did anyone notice Tsuruko flipping the pages in the "western" direction while in the station. She may be reading in English since we saw them in class doing the same but I'm not sure. Anyway, another great episode to have marked off as watched.
Mar 17, 2015 2:00 AM

Jun 2013
Yukiatsu was really guilty...
Confessions, everywhere...
A boy forced Naruko to a love hotel, but Yukiatsu saved her. What a good-timing.
Only Jintan could really see Menma.

Good episode!
Apr 3, 2015 8:17 AM

Nov 2013
Shuhan said:

looool.

yukiatsu is a trainwreck, but also a bro.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 8, 2015 1:53 PM

Dec 2012
The first really touching episode. There are two parts that almost made me cry, the confession of Yukiatsu and the part with Poppo. Poor Poppo he want to see her, but unfortunately it's impossible. IMO, he is one of the best character of this anime.
Jun 18, 2015 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
I don't understand...

If Menma can interact with objects, why couldn't she move the chopsticks or something to show that she was there?
Why can't she write a message down with a pen and paper?

She cooked cupcakes in an earlier episode, right?
Mirai, zura~!
Jul 10, 2015 7:05 PM
Jan 2015
gotta say that flashback with yukiatsu and menma made me have a few feels
Jul 22, 2015 3:24 AM

Jun 2014
WHY CAN'T MENMA JUST PROVE TO EVERYONE SHE'S THERE BY LIFTING SOMETHING UP >:c
Aug 24, 2015 5:23 PM

Feb 2014
Yuki was an idiot for asking Anjo about her virginity after saving her life from a pervert. Who asks question to a girl like that lol

The flashback with Yuki and Menma was so emotional and packed with feels. I think I have a new ship thanks to this episode.

I cried when Menma tries to convinced Poppo that she wants to talk to everyone but can't and Poppo because he wants to see Menma. Poor Menma and Poppo :(
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Sep 8, 2015 2:17 AM

Jun 2015
I´m sad, but I´m happy too
Nov 24, 2015 10:25 AM

Aug 2014
Yuki!!! He grew so much this episode ;n;

I now pity everyone, bc while they might look like they are over it everyone is just coping in his own way.

The last scene with poppo, menma and jintan was the saddest. (the bit with yuki and an was so scary)
Jan 5, 2016 4:32 AM

Jun 2009
She seems to be able to interact with physical objects. She wants to talk to people so why doesn't she try and write a note or something?
Jan 12, 2016 7:02 AM

Jul 2014
I need to stop watching this show in public. I don't want to burst into tears around strangers.
Jan 15, 2016 1:46 PM

Aug 2014
After watching a couple of episodes it turned out that the OP song is really nice lol
Average episode , but i liked it .
Jan 26, 2016 1:58 PM

Feb 2015
Menma crying always breaks my heart..
Jan 31, 2016 9:29 AM
May 2012
Tyestor said:
She seems to be able to interact with physical objects. She wants to talk to people so why doesn't she try and write a note or something?

Exactly!
Hopefully, Yukiatsu will stop being a bitch now.
Mar 16, 2016 9:01 PM

Apr 2015
Yukiatsu seemed like a creep to me in the first few episodes, but this episode showed that he can be a good guy by saving Anaru from getting laid. I feel sorry for Poppo while he's desperately trying to talk to Menma.

Anaru should just leave her bitchy "friends" behind. Judging on how they act, they're just bad influences towards her.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 2, 2016 5:12 PM

Mar 2015
Well at least Yukiatsu is starting to open up with everyone.

Poppo is also desperately trying to talk with Menma, but he's doing it wrong and it makes everyone feel bad. Though he have a good intention.

May 1, 2016 3:01 AM

Dec 2014
poppo .... feeling sad for the guy
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» I'm watching this in 2024

bUriTtOTiTaN - Mar 26

30 by RegicakTiiy »»
Mar 29, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1235 by sarkardragon »»
Feb 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

387 by mylovetokoyami »»
Feb 16, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

229 by nisensi »»
Feb 9, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notnishiura - Apr 21, 2011

358 by Xeehad »»
Jan 17, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.