MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Your most favorite arc in one piece? Poll!
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» One Piece »» Your most favorite arc in one piece? Poll!

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Most favorite arc in one piece?
Kuro

1 0.24%
Baratie

3 0.73%
Arlong

28 6.85%
Logue Town

2 0.49%
Laboon

0.00%
Whiskey Peak

1 0.24%
Little Garden

1 0.24%
Drum Island

4 0.98%
Alabasta

28 6.85%
Jaya

3 0.73%
Skypiea

19 4.65%
Davy Back Fight

3 0.73%
Water 7

39 9.54%
Enies Lobby

100 24.45%
Thriller Bark

18 4.40%
Sabaody Archipelago

37 9.05%
Amazon Lily

9 2.20%
Impel Down

14 3.42%
Marinford

99 24.21%
Voters: 409

05-11-11, 11:14 PM

Please read comment before Voting:

This is something i been wanting to do is make a poll for this. Your most favorite arc in one piece. These are only canon story related arcs. There isn't any filler arcs in the poll. You can only pick one Which one is it? You may talk bout why its your favorite arc or elaborate on it if you want. If you want to discuss anything bout the arc, list the arc in your comment and then please use spoiler tags. To prevent unwanted spoilers from fans who have not caught up to a certain part in the story.

I am just very curious what the general population and fans of OP consider there favorite arc and i'm interested in seeing how these rankings turn out.

Modified by link9us, 05-13-11, 2:34 PM
It is absolutely a sin to be an anime fan and not at least experience "Akira" once in your life time.

[img]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/link9us.png[/img]

[img]http://backloggery.com/link9us/sig.gif[/img]

05-11-11, 11:35 PM

Well, of what I've seen I'd go with the Arlong Arc with Alabasta being a close second. I don't know, Arlong just has a special place to me because it's the arc that actually was responsible for me being "sold" on the show. After I finished Alabasta I pretty much haven't looked back except for a few breaks here and there. But, it's pretty much been a straight shoot all things considered.

But, most of the arcs have there own highs and lows. Except for the Davy Back arc, which was pretty much the series low point from what I've seen. I'm going to refrain from voting at least until I catch up, I can't say for sure which one is my favorite arc just yet.
"Hello. I came to talk. I've been thinking lately. About you and me. About what's going to happen to us, in the end. We're going to kill each other, aren't we? Perhaps you'll kill me. Perhaps I'll kill you. Perhaps sooner. Perhaps later. I just wanted to know that I'd made a genuine attempt to talk things over and avert that outcome. Just once. Are you listening to me? It's life and death I'm discussing here. Maybe my death... maybe yours. I don't fully understand why ours should be such a fatal relationship, but I don't want your murder on my... hands..."

Batman, The Killing Joke

05-12-11, 2:18 AM

1- Sabaody Archipelago (most amazing balance of action, drama, revelations and twists in entire OP)
2- Water 7/Ennies Lobby (For obvious reasons, I don't even think I need to explain why these arcs are so popular)
3- Marinford (Well, TOO MUCH AWESOMESAUCE going on!)

Honorable mention: Robin's past, the mini background arc of 4 episodes during Ennies Lobby, that revealed so much, heavy on emotion and innocence. Completely loved its happy moments, completely and utterly destroyed me in its tragedy.

There could be a poll with all the past arcs of One Piece, there's actually quite a few, and they are some of the best parts of the show.

05-12-11, 5:19 AM

I've watched 421 episodes so far and Arabasta is my favorite just because of Crocodile, the best "villain" I've seen and for being the first "big" arc of the series, but seriously just for Crocodile... this guy is awesome.

05-12-11, 6:55 AM

I had to choose Water 7. For me it was pretty much perfect.

05-13-11, 7:05 AM

-Celestial- said:
I had to choose Water 7. For me it was pretty much perfect.

Yeah water 7 was great. Particular how the arc involved around so much mystery and the CP9 members. It was pretty awesome.
It is absolutely a sin to be an anime fan and not at least experience "Akira" once in your life time.

05-13-11, 7:16 AM

Yup water 7/Enies Lobby was among the best together with marinford and Impel down.
I really can't express the feelings I had while watching the marinford arc. It was cool, great, funny, happy, sad, very sad...
And funniest one is Amazon lily I presume. xD

05-13-11, 8:01 AM

I must say that the Sabaody Arc is just pure awesomeness. I also liked Marinford also for its awesomeness and dramatic moments. I cried really hard during some episode, when during Sabaody I usually overreacted with "Sugeeee~~!" and "Kakkoiiiii~~! xDD

05-13-11, 2:31 PM

Neko-hime said:
I must say that the Sabaody Arc is just pure awesomeness. I also liked Marinford also for its awesomeness and dramatic moments. I cried really hard during some episode, when during Sabaody I usually overreacted with "Sugeeee~~!" and "Kakkoiiiii~~! xDD

yeah im currently in the impel down, so i have yet to really see the marinford one. But i agree the Sabaody Archipeligo, that was one just full of win.

07-02-11, 12:59 PM

Gonna go with Arlong Arc with Sabaody Archipelago a VERY close second. For me, the former is the arc that really showed me how good One Piece can be and ,not to mention, it has my favorite back story and, maybe, my favorite scene from this series (Walk to Arlong Park).

Sabaody Archipelago ,though, was definitely awesome. I don't want to talk about it to much for fear of spoilers.
"Hello. I came to talk. I've been thinking lately. About you and me. About what's going to happen to us, in the end. We're going to kill each other, aren't we? Perhaps you'll kill me. Perhaps I'll kill you. Perhaps sooner. Perhaps later. I just wanted to know that I'd made a genuine attempt to talk things over and avert that outcome. Just once. Are you listening to me? It's life and death I'm discussing here. Maybe my death... maybe yours. I don't fully understand why ours should be such a fatal relationship, but I don't want your murder on my... hands..."

Batman, The Killing Joke

07-06-11, 4:10 PM

Thriller bark. Listening to Binks Sake was so touching. One of the few tomes in anime I cried.

11-05-11, 6:44 PM

My favorite of Season 1 is Arlong arc. Season 2 and 3 I have yet to complete. Also can't wait for season 4 in June of 2012!!!

11-05-11, 8:16 PM

So many of them were my favourites that its hard to decide

02-08-12, 6:22 PM

Anyone else wanna post their votes?

02-11-12, 2:45 PM

Alabasta without a doubt

02-11-12, 6:02 PM

I voted Enies Lobby, but Water 7 is tied with it. Both those arcs together are genius.

02-11-12, 7:42 PM

Man, that's a tough one. I think, to be honest, I like the FI arc the best. It's the first one post-timeskip, so you get to see how much the SH powered up and whatnot. Well, a bit of it anyway.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.

02-16-12, 6:13 AM

Arabasta: When we have all the awesomeness of Crocodile and Smoker. With the add of Ace. There's nothing that can beat it.

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

02-16-12, 6:18 AM

Thriller Bark, hands down. It's the one arc that had me laughing the most and from a design standpoint, I loved the zombie/horror route that Oda took as well as all the characters introduced. Particularly Zombie Lola on her quest for Absalom's hand in marriage.

02-16-12, 3:46 PM

Sir_Inqed said:
Thriller Bark, hands down. It's the one arc that had me laughing the most and from a design standpoint, I loved the zombie/horror route that Oda took as well as all the characters introduced. Particularly Zombie Lola on her quest for Absalom's hand in marriage.

Yeah and in Thriller Bark we got 2 of the best scenes ever in one piece xD

and

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices