Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 11, 2011 11:14 PM

Jul 2007
Please read comment before Voting:

This is something i been wanting to do is make a poll for this. Your most favorite arc in one piece. These are only canon story related arcs. There isn't any filler arcs in the poll. You can only pick one Which one is it? You may talk bout why its your favorite arc or elaborate on it if you want. If you want to discuss anything bout the arc, list the arc in your comment and then please use spoiler tags. To prevent unwanted spoilers from fans who have not caught up to a certain part in the story.

I am just very curious what the general population and fans of OP consider there favorite arc and i'm interested in seeing how these rankings turn out.

ArtimesGamerMay 13, 2011 2:34 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 11, 2011 11:35 PM

Jun 2009
Well, of what I've seen I'd go with the Arlong Arc with Alabasta being a close second. I don't know, Arlong just has a special place to me because it's the arc that actually was responsible for me being "sold" on the show. After I finished Alabasta I pretty much haven't looked back except for a few breaks here and there. But, it's pretty much been a straight shoot all things considered.

But, most of the arcs have there own highs and lows. Except for the Davy Back arc, which was pretty much the series low point from what I've seen. I'm going to refrain from voting at least until I catch up, I can't say for sure which one is my favorite arc just yet.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 12, 2011 2:18 AM

Feb 2009
1- Sabaody Archipelago (most amazing balance of action, drama, revelations and twists in entire OP)
2- Water 7/Ennies Lobby (For obvious reasons, I don't even think I need to explain why these arcs are so popular)
3- Marinford (Well, TOO MUCH AWESOMESAUCE going on!)

Honorable mention: Robin's past, the mini background arc of 4 episodes during Ennies Lobby, that revealed so much, heavy on emotion and innocence. Completely loved its happy moments, completely and utterly destroyed me in its tragedy.

There could be a poll with all the past arcs of One Piece, there's actually quite a few, and they are some of the best parts of the show.
May 12, 2011 5:19 AM

Apr 2011
I've watched 421 episodes so far and Arabasta is my favorite just because of Crocodile, the best "villain" I've seen and for being the first "big" arc of the series, but seriously just for Crocodile... this guy is awesome.
May 12, 2011 6:55 AM

Oct 2009
I had to choose Water 7. For me it was pretty much perfect.
May 13, 2011 7:05 AM

Jul 2007
-Celestial- said:
I had to choose Water 7. For me it was pretty much perfect.

Yeah water 7 was great. Particular how the arc involved around so much mystery and the CP9 members. It was pretty awesome.

May 13, 2011 7:16 AM

Apr 2010
Yup water 7/Enies Lobby was among the best together with marinford and Impel down.
I really can't express the feelings I had while watching the marinford arc. It was cool, great, funny, happy, sad, very sad...
And funniest one is Amazon lily I presume. xD
May 13, 2011 8:01 AM

Jun 2009
I must say that the Sabaody Arc is just pure awesomeness. I also liked Marinford also for its awesomeness and dramatic moments. I cried really hard during some episode, when during Sabaody I usually overreacted with "Sugeeee~~!" and "Kakkoiiiii~~! xDD
May 13, 2011 2:31 PM

Jul 2007
Neko-hime said:
I must say that the Sabaody Arc is just pure awesomeness. I also liked Marinford also for its awesomeness and dramatic moments. I cried really hard during some episode, when during Sabaody I usually overreacted with "Sugeeee~~!" and "Kakkoiiiii~~! xDD

yeah im currently in the impel down, so i have yet to really see the marinford one. But i agree the Sabaody Archipeligo, that was one just full of win.

Jul 2, 2011 12:59 PM

Jun 2009
Gonna go with Arlong Arc with Sabaody Archipelago a VERY close second. For me, the former is the arc that really showed me how good One Piece can be and ,not to mention, it has my favorite back story and, maybe, my favorite scene from this series (Walk to Arlong Park).

Sabaody Archipelago ,though, was definitely awesome. I don't want to talk about it to much for fear of spoilers.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 6, 2011 4:10 PM

Feb 2011
Thriller bark. Listening to Binks Sake was so touching. One of the few tomes in anime I cried.
Nov 5, 2011 6:44 PM
Oct 2011
My favorite of Season 1 is Arlong arc. Season 2 and 3 I have yet to complete. Also can't wait for season 4 in June of 2012!!!
Nov 5, 2011 8:16 PM

Jul 2010
So many of them were my favourites that its hard to decide
Feb 8, 2012 6:22 PM
Oct 2011
Anyone else wanna post their votes?
Feb 11, 2012 2:45 PM

Aug 2010
Alabasta without a doubt
Feb 11, 2012 6:02 PM

Jul 2010
I voted Enies Lobby, but Water 7 is tied with it. Both those arcs together are genius.
Feb 11, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2010
Man, that's a tough one. I think, to be honest, I like the FI arc the best. It's the first one post-timeskip, so you get to see how much the SH powered up and whatnot. Well, a bit of it anyway.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 16, 2012 6:13 AM

Dec 2009
Arabasta: When we have all the awesomeness of Crocodile and Smoker. With the add of Ace. There's nothing that can beat it.
Feb 16, 2012 6:18 AM

Apr 2008
Thriller Bark, hands down. It's the one arc that had me laughing the most and from a design standpoint, I loved the zombie/horror route that Oda took as well as all the characters introduced. Particularly Zombie Lola on her quest for Absalom's hand in marriage.
Feb 16, 2012 3:46 PM

Dec 2009
Sir_Inqed said:
Thriller Bark, hands down. It's the one arc that had me laughing the most and from a design standpoint, I loved the zombie/horror route that Oda took as well as all the characters introduced. Particularly Zombie Lola on her quest for Absalom's hand in marriage.

Yeah and in Thriller Bark we got 2 of the best scenes ever in one piece xD

and

Feb 17, 2012 2:34 AM
May 2011
arlong followed by alabasta
Feb 18, 2012 11:20 AM
Oct 2011
I can't wait to see the Thriller Bark arc it sounds the most interesting to me. the thing is I only watched dubbed anime so I have to wait a while before it get dubbed and released...
Apr 30, 2012 12:32 PM
Mar 2012
Alabasta and Skypiea. I choose the Skypiea.
Apr 30, 2012 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
Arlong.
May 19, 2012 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
My favourite is Marinford *_*
May 19, 2012 5:36 PM

Apr 2012
Arlong Arc: Had the best emotional story in my opinion, Alabasta was ok but Vivi was annoying, Water 7 was good, but Enies Lobby was too long in my opinion, Thriller Bark is completely worth it because of the ending, completely made up for the slow start, Sabaody Arc was pretty good because it introduced Luffy's rivals, Impel Down just bored me, it did have some good parts though, Marinefold just shows that Luffy is nothing compared to the world, Return to Sabaody was really funny especially in the anime adaption, Fishmen Island arc needed a better antagonist although they did good in making you hate him, also did a good job showing racism, Punk Hazard is only up to chapter 667 as of now, but the arc is turning out to be one of the best arcs so far,
May 20, 2012 5:12 AM

Mar 2012
My choice ise Arabasta.
If the fight between Luffy and Luccy was not interrupted so much and spreaded into so much episodes, I would have chosen Enies Lobby.
Oct 15, 2012 4:55 AM

Sep 2008
Sabaody, very intense, plus introduction of a few of the best characters, and the revealing of the true horror of the world government.

2nd Impel Down

didn't like Arlong and Alabasta as much as other do

Water 7 brought One Piece to a much higher level for me
Oct 15, 2012 5:37 AM
Nov 2009
Jaya arc.

That arc may have just been a few episodes but it's the arc that opened a lot of paths and possibilities to what could happen in the One Piece world.

If I had to choose what I think was the best arc, I'd pick Marineford ofcourse. I felt like the author went all out there with some of the characters. Well apparently not since there is gonna be an even more epic arc according to Oda :-P
Jan 6, 2013 7:51 AM

Apr 2011
Sabaody Archipelago was probably my fave. arc due to the introduction of incredible characters and also ended up truly showing how strong the Straw Hats were compared to the World Government.

Water 7 would probably be second as I LOVED all the drama and it was a great lead in arc to Enies Lobby.

My third would have to be Impel Down.. that arc was simply just so so good.
Jan 6, 2013 8:06 AM

Apr 2009
Cyndpharos said:
Alabasta and Skypiea. I choose the Skypiea.

This.
Although Arlong, Drumm, Jaya, Water 7 and Sabaody are amazing as well.

The whole WB saga as well as EL is overrated.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 6, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2012
Hard to decide between them, but since the start of Sabaody and onwards One piece became my favorite anime so i'l chose that. Love ep 521 :P
Jan 6, 2013 8:46 AM

Jan 2010
I picked Ennis Lobby, but both Water 7 and Ennis Lobby are perfect. They also added new and very bad ass background music that set the tone of the entire arc.
Avatar credit goes to toxicashley @ avatarsdb.com
Jan 6, 2013 3:07 PM
Aug 2012
is marinfored more action-packed than enies lobby? i want to see the one piece gang fight the marines like aokiji and see smoker fight. enies lobby was good but wasn't as good as some people say it is.

i'm in Brook's arc right now, forgot the name
Jan 6, 2013 3:25 PM

Sep 2007
Marinford! I gave One Piece a note of 9 because of this fabulous arc *-*
Jan 6, 2013 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
Ennies Loby, oh my...im surprised about how many think like me, i guess that mixing Frank and Robbin in it was the key, along with Sogeking, for so many of us enjoying it in different ways.

All of them have something of great in it; there's no doubt.
Jan 6, 2013 6:26 PM

Dec 2012
[1] Water 7/Enies Lobby

For obvious reasons.

[2] Marinford

Important characters + Important events = Epic arc.

[3] Alabasta

First big and important arc in One Piece.

Jan 7, 2013 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
In terms of action, Enies Lobby, without a doubt.

In terms of story-wise, I would go Sabaody, its the arc with the introductions of many new characters/rivals.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 7, 2013 2:13 AM

Mar 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
Sir_Inqed said:

Yeah and in Thriller Bark we got 2 of the best scenes ever in one piece xD

and

It was a shame we couldnt see the complete docking but ou completeyly forgot badass Zoro at the end -respect-

Since this is pretty much arcs in the anime, I would give an honorable mention of the latest arc in the manga,

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 7, 2013 4:06 AM

Oct 2010
1. Marinford
2. Skypiea
3. Enies Lobby

Guess I'd need to explain only 2.
So I loved that moment (and watching that I already knew it would be like that) with rubber vs lightning :D Also when they were going up with that mysterious stream and there was "we are!" song playing. Oh and that fight with the spring-guy was epic (when luffy and zorro let him beat them up first). I don't remember if it was already Skypiea arc, though.

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Jan 7, 2013 5:55 AM

Oct 2010
I still haven't watched Marineford (since it's a long arc and it's supposed to be massively great, I'll start to watch it on February, when I have my exams finished), but I have three clear winners.

1. Water 7
2. Arlong
3. Sabaody

In terms of regularity, they are the absolute best of the series. The whole row of episodes in these three is nearly flawless. Add to this the intensity of many of their scenes, the surprising crudeness of the Arlong arc in a context where the series was still hyping the Grand Line adventure, the uncomfortableness, emotional tension and depressing feel of Water 7 and the whole Tenryuubito matter (some of the most insufferable samples of psychological violence I've seen in the series) followed by Luffy's epic despair to end the Sabaody arc.

In another category, still very great, Enies Lobby, Alabasta and Drum. They were amazing in terms of emotional intensity, although a little more irregular in their episodes; the first two dragging a lot and Drum being a little disappointing in its final fight. However many of my favorite scenes (including my absolute favorite, at the end of Enies Lobby*) are there and I'm still really fond of these arcs.

Jan 7, 2013 6:10 AM

Jul 2011
1- Enies Lobby Typical shounen arc but over the top + Robin's past + CP9 + Buster Call + Going Merry.

2- Arlong Nami's past + one of the best villains Arlong.

3- Sabaody Archipelago Supernovas + Kizaru + episode 405.

4- Alabasta Crocodile + Baroque Works + civil war + Vivi + Luffy limits.

5- Skypiea God Enel + Dials + Poneglyph + Manto.
Jan 7, 2013 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
I love all the adventure arcs especially Skypia/Water 7/Baroque Works. I really don't get why so many people like Marineford. I honestly think its one of the most boring arcs in One Piece,
, its a big battle royal that lasted far too long. Not to mention that its an arc which didn't include any of the crew members. Hopefully there will be less arcs like that in the future. I wouldn't want One Piece to end up doing the same thing Dragon Ball did with Z.
Jan 7, 2013 11:30 AM

Aug 2012
RedLikeMyRage said:
Hopefully there will be less arcs like that in the future. I wouldn't want One Piece to end up doing the same thing Dragon Ball did with Z.

*imagines a fusion between (well...let's see...okay, those 2 seem fine) Zoro and Sanji* THAT would be awesome.
Jan 7, 2013 11:33 AM

Nov 2012
pokecenter said:
RedLikeMyRage said:
Hopefully there will be less arcs like that in the future. I wouldn't want One Piece to end up doing the same thing Dragon Ball did with Z.

*imagines a fusion between (well...let's see...okay, those 2 seem fine) Zoro and Sanji* THAT would be awesome.

How about Chopper and Nami
Cutest moe ever?!
Jan 7, 2013 11:38 AM

Aug 2012
RandomPerson3 said:
pokecenter said:
RedLikeMyRage said:

Cutest moe ever?!

Rofl xD as long as he didn't transform in anything weird, sure :D
Jan 7, 2013 12:12 PM

Jul 2011
RandomPerson3 said:
Cutest moe ever?!

lol nice one sir
Jan 7, 2013 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
RandomPerson3 said:
pokecenter said:
RedLikeMyRage said:

Cutest moe ever?!

Haha that would be ridiculous. I think Sanji would lose it.
Jan 7, 2013 7:08 PM

Aug 2012
RedLikeMyRage said:
RandomPerson3 said:
pokecenter said:
RedLikeMyRage said:

Cutest moe ever?!

Haha that would be ridiculous. I think Sanji would lose it.

Aye xD
Aug 3, 2013 10:52 AM

Jun 2012
Marineford, because

That's not to say i didn't enjoy the other arcs, most one piece arcs i find very good and not far apart from each other, it's just marineford stands out with all these big names :P water 7 is awesome, mainly because of usopp. I love skypiea as well, good moments in there, lots of them and a lot of good comedy :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.