MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. »» Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

299 77.06%
4 out of 5: Liked it

74 19.07%
3 out of 5: It was OK

10 2.58%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 0.77%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.52%
Voters: 388

05-05-11, 8:15 PM

Just to add on, I thought Tsuruko was part of Yukitsu's scheme.. but since shes not , shes actually pretty cool! :3

I have to infer that probably when they were kids for all their relationships;

Menma probably thought of everyone as a family. Like she loved and cared about everyone but I dont think in a romantic way. Jinta probably liked Memna, Anaru probably liked Jinta, and Yukiatsu probably liked Memna too... Tsuruko MIGHT have liked Yukiatsu..(BUT WHO WOULDNT LIKE A FREAK LIKE HIM!!)... IDK..
And Poppo probably cared for everyone like family (but admired Jinta the most) just like Menma!

Just how I think.. XD

I'm REALLY loving this show!! *o*
Modified by Lulexiaa, 05-05-11, 8:21 PM

Please like my cosplay Facebook Fanpage ; u ; (I shall give you hugs if you do! ; 3 ;)

05-05-11, 8:22 PM

eh. i wasn't the biggest fan of the theory that yukiatsu was crossdressing as menma (simply because the way it was being presented came off as too creepy for a show as heartwarming and touching as this), but i didn't reject it as much as i thought i would when i actually saw it happen. meaning, maybe they can play this out right and yukiatsu can, uh... redeem himself. or something.

i don't know. i like him despite his flaws and creepiness. he obviously has some extremely repressed issues and if he can overcome them and become a better person, well... that'll be some excellent character development?!

best character for me is, hands down, tsurumi ehehehe.

anyway! overall, i enjoyed this episode. i have had zero complaints about this show so far and i don't intend on starting any time soon!

05-05-11, 8:43 PM

"I'll come with you! Let's pee together!!"
If nothing else, Menma is absolutely adorable.

But why can't she just write her name on a board or carry stuff around? She can hold objects and people notice when she's interacting with them.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.

05-05-11, 8:47 PM

I did not expect that ending. it totally surprised me. I kinda got it as soon it was ending. This guy who goes to a prestige school, I think, cross dresses in the clothes of the girl he's obsessed with.

05-05-11, 8:56 PM

ugh, this show is always an emotional rollercoaster for me. i cry for one minute, then hate on yukiatsu, then laugh, and then feel sorry for yukiatsu towards the end. ; A ; if /a/ hadn't pointed it out for everyone, the thought of yukiatsu cross-dressing as menma might've never even occurred to anyone in the first place. THIS SHOW IS UNBELIEVABLY UNPREDICTABLE. so good hnngghhh.

i thought the show was pretty straight-forward when i first watched it. i guess not??? @ A @

05-05-11, 9:10 PM

I'm liking the girls more and more. Gah. I can't wait for the next one.

05-05-11, 9:10 PM

Ending gave me a good laugh, so awesome that all the speculation from last week came true. That guy is quite the weirdo.

05-05-11, 9:14 PM

Definitely a good episode.

I have some theories going around.

1) Yukiatsu is buying the scrunchies for Naruko. She wears a bunch on her wrist and Yukiatsu isn't using them in his "tribute" or giving them to Tsuruko.

2) I don't know why, but something is telling me that Tsuruko might be able to see Menma, but isn't admitting it for some reason. It's probably waaaaay off base, but I kind of got that impression when she came over to Yadomi's house in this episode.

Anyways, this is probably the best anime I've seen in a while, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

05-05-11, 9:26 PM

Yukiatsu is not only an asshole, he's also really messed up.

Obviously he has repressed homolust for Jinta, and was always jealous of Menma to a point where he wanted to BE her.

05-05-11, 9:40 PM

At first I thought Tsuruko was a cold b*tch, but she's become pretty awesome here ^^
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1

05-05-11, 9:40 PM

Yukiatsu is gay and obessed

05-05-11, 9:53 PM

This is really good. Every episode, a character steps up, a character falls.

05-05-11, 9:55 PM

Tsuroko likely already knew.
About Yukiatsu, I knew that his cold, insensitive nature was hiding something. It did hint before that there was something in his closet which looked like a dress. I just assumed he held on to her dress or something to reminisce. I did not expect the crossdressing. However, everyone who thinks he is suddenly a freak are rather insensitive too.. People cope with death of a loved one in many ways.
Jintan's method of coping was to hallucinate. Anjou's was to become a rebel.
Tsuroko's was to be cold and logical.

Certainly ups the drama levels.
Good episode.

05-05-11, 9:57 PM

Tsuruko... I think I might really like her ♥♥♥
Give her more screen time plz. Also have Naruko and her dress up together. I need it.

Everyone and their mom knew it was the guy. I am glad they decided to do it. Good call anime now keep rolling with it.

05-05-11, 9:58 PM

Yukiatsu is f*cked up but I have a feeling that by the end of the anime he'll become my 2nd favorite character, after a tied Jinta/Menma 1st place
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>

05-05-11, 10:13 PM

Ousto said:
I really wish Jinta would have Menma write her name in the dirt or something to show everyone that she is actually there...

I would wish for that too and perhaps the foreshadow that she moved thigns in her house may be a lead on as to what you wish for. I hope there will be some sign but did not Menma already gave a feel to Popo when she climbed on him?
Ousto said:
I like how she also called out Yukiatsu when they were chasing him down. Judging by how bored she looked when Yukiatsu said he could see Menma, she must have known all along or had a faint idea that he was doing it.
Tsuruko seemed a few episodes back disappointed in Yukiatsu so this tells me she cares enough in this episode to change him perhaps as she would like, maybe drop his bad habits.
Lulexiaa said:
LOOK WHO IS TALKING YOU FREAK!!!
Exactly! YOU GOT IT! I also though this meant that Yukiatsu is not so honest to himself.
Lulexiaa said:
I thought it was too weird to be true!!!! BUT OH MY GOD!!!!!
ITS OFFICIAL!! YUKIATSU IS A FREAK!!!!!!!!
He has self issues big time. He needs Tsuruko to fix him ASAP.
Lulexiaa said:
It was too horrid to watch the ending because it was just so embarrassing for Yukiatsu.. XD
I think it was more horrid because the OST made it emotional. I felt he has problems with himself but I am more curious what is Menma's role going to be in all this.
RealScreamer said:
JintanxNaruko<3
Heck yeah! Glad to have more people on my side on that one.
RealScreamer said:
Random thought: Anaru's "friends" seem to be getting "sick" of her being unsocial - Next couple of eps will she be outcast just like Jintan from those bitches?
I hope this will not happen but if it does it will make Jinta x Naruko more than ever since he will be the one to most likely comfort her. I wonder if Menma will help in that?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

05-05-11, 10:14 PM

Something is fucked up in that guy's head.

05-05-11, 10:23 PM

I can't wait for the cosplay photos of some guy dressed as Yukiatsu dressed as Menma.

I hope the confrontation in next week's episode goes well. Yukiatsu really needs help.

05-05-11, 10:31 PM

Good episode , good development - now another long wait ;x

it seems even Tsuruko has faith in Jinta and in the rest of t hem in general.
RealScreamer said:

Random thought: Anaru's "friends" seem to be getting "sick" of her being unsocial - Next couple of eps will she be outcasted just like Jintan from those bitches?

yes I wanted to say something along those lines too. it seems Anaru will be getting some screen time in that light .. the 'working on it' will be put the test .. and perhaps it will show to help with Jinta getting back out , and most of the group minus the psycho douche , are back together. I am a AnaruxJinta shipper I admit too

but I do see something about Anaru finally having to 'break free' from that group of bitches

05-05-11, 10:47 PM

Haha! Uncovered already. That sure was quick!

Now Atsumu looks more disturbed than Jinta. xD

Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices