Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 5, 2011 10:26 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I am sorry I was not able to be with you guys before but anyways now I am back! This episode like the others was no exception, it was full of emotions and the ED is a emotional jerker no matter what. I could say that Tsurumi's drawing of Menma in the following,

shows her well in regards to innocence and happiness.

Loved Jinta's catch Naruko in that forest. I am getting more and more suspicious of Atsumu, especially since that sniff of what looked liked Menma's clothing back in episode 2 and I was right. Those clothings along with wig was all of Atsumu's doing in the fake Menma as follows,

As to why, they left it a cliffhanger so.....I want to know now! I do have some intuitions about it, like Atsumu may have loved Menma and was jealous of Jinta from how he intimidated during that jogging segment.

Another good thing is group interaction in the base. That is nice overall that more of that is happening. I like that old base. Reminds me so much of my times when I was a kid. :D Discuss Atsumu and Jinta x Anjou stuff!
Yumekichi11May 6, 2011 11:07 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 5, 2011 10:39 AM

Nov 2010
This episode... holy crap. Probably the most intense one yet.

This ep really kept me at the edge of my seat. Now I'm gonna hate waiting again for a whole week but every episode's really worth the wait.
May 5, 2011 11:40 AM
Jan 2010
Ohhh Tsuruko knew it was Yukiatsu...

Now I want to know how Yukiatsu got that dress. It's definitely not Menma's, the design is different and I don't think he'd fit in one of her dresses.
May 5, 2011 11:43 AM

Feb 2008
Some guy already posts a picture of it running and he were wearing the watches, I don't know who that did it but that make me know that was he that was cross dressing

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 5, 2011 1:14 PM

Mar 2010
Gaaah.. im just so in love with this anime..
but erm.. crossdressing.. grr. D:
May 5, 2011 1:59 PM
Jun 2009
Sebasu said:
This episode... holy crap. Probably the most intense one yet.

This ep really kept me at the edge of my seat. Now I'm gonna hate waiting again for a whole week but every episode's really worth the wait.

What the ...?? holy sh*t Yukiatsu psychology has been destroyed...Yukiatsu is so obsessed ...extreme escaped
Yukiatsu and Menma's dress.... hey man this boy crazy

Menma says my favorite character in AnoHana Menma!!!At the end of the anime, love between the characters Jintan&Anaru :3

Menma says My favorite character in AnoHana is Menma
kickyourselfMay 5, 2011 2:18 PM

May 5, 2011 2:10 PM
Feb 2011
That's one of the ugliest cross dressing I ever saw in anime...
May 5, 2011 2:51 PM

Oct 2009
Holy crap, I can't believe they actually did it...I was expecting for him to be a crossdresser, but in the back of my mind I was always hoping they wouldn't go that route. But they did. I can't wait to see how this is going to play out, Yukiatsu is seriously creepy.

I really wish Jinta would have Menma write her name in the dirt or something to show everyone that she is actually there...

And looks like Tsuruko is an artist. That's a nice touch to her character. I like how she also called out Yukiatsu when they were chasing him down. Judging by how bored she looked when Yukiatsu said he could see Menma, she must have known all along or had a faint idea that he was doing it.

Anaru is really cute with braids too. I like how often the character's clothes and hair change in this show, it's a nice touch.
OustoMay 5, 2011 7:24 PM
May 5, 2011 4:15 PM

Aug 2008
Now Mr.Handsome just turns out to be a pervert as we expected.
For his try to be a TRAP, his muscle+handsome face all go to waste. EPIC FAIL, man. lol.

Great Episode, yes.
May 5, 2011 7:21 PM

Sep 2007
LOL.

This anime is really great. :D
May 5, 2011 7:24 PM
Apr 2011
Tsuruko sure is sharp.

But it was pretty obvious from the start.

God damn.
May 5, 2011 7:33 PM

Jul 2010
It only makes sense that Tsuruko would notice it since she's with him the most. Yukiatsu, what hath you done? o.O
I can't wait for the explanation to this one.

Anaru's constant style changes are awesome. She's so cute the way she beats around the bush with everything, I think.
May 5, 2011 7:47 PM

Mar 2010
Yeah, Anaru has an awesome sense of fashion.
I love her outfits.

So the crazy speculation about Yukiatsu was right.
This show just got really...weird lol.
May 5, 2011 7:54 PM

Dec 2009
I'd help Yukiatsu off the crazy train by making him feel like the little girl, if you know what I mean.
Your favorite anime is shit.
May 5, 2011 7:56 PM

Jun 2010
So it was true! Yukiatsu wanted to be the little girl...
May 5, 2011 8:03 PM

Sep 2010
Man, this anime is great might just add this to my faves.
May 5, 2011 8:03 PM

Dec 2007
meme-chan said:
Ohhh Tsuruko knew it was Yukiatsu...

Now I want to know how Yukiatsu got that dress. It's definitely not Menma's, the design is different and I don't think he'd fit in one of her dresses.

Recall the last episode? When Tsuruko and Yukiatsu were out shopping for girl's accessories, Tsuruko mentioned that Yukiatsu was always taking her along on trips like that.
May 5, 2011 8:05 PM

Oct 2010
What a great cliffhanger! Can't wait to see how Yukiatsu tries to explain himself and get out of that situation.

Jintan catching Anaru as she stumbled near the riverbank, and flashback to Menma's sandal floating in the river, was intense.

Poppo as well now can feel the physical weight of Menma's presence, just like Anaru in the first episode.. Menma the poltergeist eh =D
May 5, 2011 8:09 PM

Aug 2009

LOOK WHO IS TALKING YOU FREAK!!!

I thought it was too weird to be true!!!! BUT OH MY GOD!!!!!
ITS OFFICIAL!! YUKIATSU IS A FREAK!!!!!!!!

I kinda dont want to hate him cause hes FINE AS FUCK and he has the same VA as Cloud Strife.. but DAMN! HES CRAZY!!!

Hes so crazy that he is entertaining...XD

It was too horrid to watch the ending because it was just so embarrassing for Yukiatsu.. XD

SUCH A GREAT EPISODE!!!

This show if BY FAR the BEST of the season..

DAMN THESE PREVEIWS ARE LIKE 3 SECONDS LONG!!!SO SHORT!!
ImNotLulexiaaMay 5, 2011 8:20 PM
May 5, 2011 8:10 PM

May 2010
And every character thought Jintan was the crazy weirdo... Honestly this episode proved to me that Yuki needs some professional help, lol...

Yuki is extremely pitiful. Always having to make Jinta feel like nothing just to make himself look & feel better - even when Yukiatsu already succeeded in getting into a better school, also isn't a shut-in, really attractive, really smart & from the looks of it he seems rather wealthy, unlike Jintan at the moment who let himself go after the "Menma" incident. What else does he need to do to make himself feel less inferior...?

Also, Tsuruko sure is growing on me..&& JintanxNaruko<3

Random thought: Anaru's "friends" seem to be getting "sick" of her being unsocial - Next couple of eps will she be outcasted just like Jintan from those bitches?
RealScreamerMay 5, 2011 8:49 PM
May 5, 2011 8:15 PM

Aug 2009
Just to add on, I thought Tsuruko was part of Yukitsu's scheme.. but since shes not , shes actually pretty cool! :3

I have to infer that probably when they were kids for all their relationships;

Menma probably thought of everyone as a family. Like she loved and cared about everyone but I dont think in a romantic way. Jinta probably liked Memna, Anaru probably liked Jinta, and Yukiatsu probably liked Memna too... Tsuruko MIGHT have liked Yukiatsu..(BUT WHO WOULDNT LIKE A FREAK LIKE HIM!!)... IDK..
And Poppo probably cared for everyone like family (but admired Jinta the most) just like Menma!

Just how I think.. XD

I'm REALLY loving this show!! *o*
ImNotLulexiaaMay 5, 2011 8:21 PM
May 5, 2011 8:22 PM

Oct 2009
eh. i wasn't the biggest fan of the theory that yukiatsu was crossdressing as menma (simply because the way it was being presented came off as too creepy for a show as heartwarming and touching as this), but i didn't reject it as much as i thought i would when i actually saw it happen. meaning, maybe they can play this out right and yukiatsu can, uh... redeem himself. or something.

i don't know. i like him despite his flaws and creepiness. he obviously has some extremely repressed issues and if he can overcome them and become a better person, well... that'll be some excellent character development?!

best character for me is, hands down, tsurumi ehehehe.

anyway! overall, i enjoyed this episode. i have had zero complaints about this show so far and i don't intend on starting any time soon!
May 5, 2011 8:43 PM

Apr 2010
"I'll come with you! Let's pee together!!"
If nothing else, Menma is absolutely adorable.

But why can't she just write her name on a board or carry stuff around? She can hold objects and people notice when she's interacting with them.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
May 5, 2011 8:47 PM

Jun 2010
I did not expect that ending. it totally surprised me. I kinda got it as soon it was ending. This guy who goes to a prestige school, I think, cross dresses in the clothes of the girl he's obsessed with.

May 5, 2011 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
ugh, this show is always an emotional rollercoaster for me. i cry for one minute, then hate on yukiatsu, then laugh, and then feel sorry for yukiatsu towards the end. ; A ; if /a/ hadn't pointed it out for everyone, the thought of yukiatsu cross-dressing as menma might've never even occurred to anyone in the first place. THIS SHOW IS UNBELIEVABLY UNPREDICTABLE. so good hnngghhh.

i thought the show was pretty straight-forward when i first watched it. i guess not??? @ A @
May 5, 2011 9:10 PM

Oct 2009
I'm liking the girls more and more. Gah. I can't wait for the next one.
May 5, 2011 9:10 PM

Feb 2010
Ending gave me a good laugh, so awesome that all the speculation from last week came true. That guy is quite the weirdo.
May 5, 2011 9:14 PM

Oct 2007
Definitely a good episode.

I have some theories going around.

1) Yukiatsu is buying the scrunchies for Naruko. She wears a bunch on her wrist and Yukiatsu isn't using them in his "tribute" or giving them to Tsuruko.

2) I don't know why, but something is telling me that Tsuruko might be able to see Menma, but isn't admitting it for some reason. It's probably waaaaay off base, but I kind of got that impression when she came over to Yadomi's house in this episode.

Anyways, this is probably the best anime I've seen in a while, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

May 5, 2011 9:26 PM

Feb 2009
Yukiatsu is not only an asshole, he's also really messed up.

Obviously he has repressed homolust for Jinta, and was always jealous of Menma to a point where he wanted to BE her.
May 5, 2011 9:40 PM

Oct 2010
At first I thought Tsuruko was a cold b*tch, but she's become pretty awesome here ^^
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
May 5, 2011 9:40 PM

Aug 2010
Yukiatsu is gay and obessed
May 5, 2011 9:53 PM
Mar 2011
This is really good. Every episode, a character steps up, a character falls.
May 5, 2011 9:55 PM

Oct 2008
Tsuroko likely already knew.
About Yukiatsu, I knew that his cold, insensitive nature was hiding something. It did hint before that there was something in his closet which looked like a dress. I just assumed he held on to her dress or something to reminisce. I did not expect the crossdressing. However, everyone who thinks he is suddenly a freak are rather insensitive too.. People cope with death of a loved one in many ways.
Jintan's method of coping was to hallucinate. Anjou's was to become a rebel.
Tsuroko's was to be cold and logical.

Certainly ups the drama levels.
Good episode.
May 5, 2011 9:57 PM

May 2009
Tsuruko... I think I might really like her ♥♥♥
Give her more screen time plz. Also have Naruko and her dress up together. I need it.

Everyone and their mom knew it was the guy. I am glad they decided to do it. Good call anime now keep rolling with it.
May 5, 2011 9:58 PM

Oct 2008
Yukiatsu is f*cked up but I have a feeling that by the end of the anime he'll become my 2nd favorite character, after a tied Jinta/Menma 1st place
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
May 5, 2011 10:13 PM

Oct 2010
Ousto said:
I really wish Jinta would have Menma write her name in the dirt or something to show everyone that she is actually there...

I would wish for that too and perhaps the foreshadow that she moved thigns in her house may be a lead on as to what you wish for. I hope there will be some sign but did not Menma already gave a feel to Popo when she climbed on him?
Ousto said:
I like how she also called out Yukiatsu when they were chasing him down. Judging by how bored she looked when Yukiatsu said he could see Menma, she must have known all along or had a faint idea that he was doing it.
Tsuruko seemed a few episodes back disappointed in Yukiatsu so this tells me she cares enough in this episode to change him perhaps as she would like, maybe drop his bad habits.
Lulexiaa said:
LOOK WHO IS TALKING YOU FREAK!!!
Exactly! YOU GOT IT! I also though this meant that Yukiatsu is not so honest to himself.
Lulexiaa said:
I thought it was too weird to be true!!!! BUT OH MY GOD!!!!!
ITS OFFICIAL!! YUKIATSU IS A FREAK!!!!!!!!
He has self issues big time. He needs Tsuruko to fix him ASAP.
Lulexiaa said:
It was too horrid to watch the ending because it was just so embarrassing for Yukiatsu.. XD
I think it was more horrid because the OST made it emotional. I felt he has problems with himself but I am more curious what is Menma's role going to be in all this.
RealScreamer said:
JintanxNaruko<3
Heck yeah! Glad to have more people on my side on that one.
RealScreamer said:
Random thought: Anaru's "friends" seem to be getting "sick" of her being unsocial - Next couple of eps will she be outcast just like Jintan from those bitches?
I hope this will not happen but if it does it will make Jinta x Naruko more than ever since he will be the one to most likely comfort her. I wonder if Menma will help in that?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 5, 2011 10:14 PM

Feb 2008
Something is fucked up in that guy's head.
May 5, 2011 10:23 PM
Sep 2009
I can't wait for the cosplay photos of some guy dressed as Yukiatsu dressed as Menma.

I hope the confrontation in next week's episode goes well. Yukiatsu really needs help.
May 5, 2011 10:31 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode , good development - now another long wait ;x

it seems even Tsuruko has faith in Jinta and in the rest of t hem in general.
RealScreamer said:

Random thought: Anaru's "friends" seem to be getting "sick" of her being unsocial - Next couple of eps will she be outcasted just like Jintan from those bitches?

yes I wanted to say something along those lines too. it seems Anaru will be getting some screen time in that light .. the 'working on it' will be put the test .. and perhaps it will show to help with Jinta getting back out , and most of the group minus the psycho douche , are back together. I am a AnaruxJinta shipper I admit too

but I do see something about Anaru finally having to 'break free' from that group of bitches
May 5, 2011 10:47 PM

May 2010
Haha! Uncovered already. That sure was quick!

Now Atsumu looks more disturbed than Jinta. xD
May 5, 2011 10:48 PM

Sep 2008
Menma calling out her own name...

I can listen to her talk all day.
May 5, 2011 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
Every character in this show is so messed up lol
May 5, 2011 10:50 PM

Aug 2010
Tsuruko is awesome~:D This ep is great~ :D Can't wait for the next one~
May 5, 2011 10:54 PM
Mar 2010
Blackbird said:
Some guy already posts a picture of it running and he were wearing the watches, I don't know who that did it but that make me know that was he that was cross dressing

I think someone got it from /a/
I saw the post too, so I already knew it was Yukiatsu since last week >_>
Nevertheless, he's still a creep
May 5, 2011 11:00 PM

Dec 2008
Omg, Yukiatsu, what the hell. I already hated the guy but this is just so cringe-worthy. What a creep.
May 5, 2011 11:05 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, Tsuruko totally changed my opinion of her. She just outed Yukiatsu like that. Yeaahh can't wait to see what that pitiful bastard has to say now.

Why doesn't Menma just take the cup from Poppo and drink the coffee or jack some of the meat on the grill? Everybody would then see that her ghost is real. Oh wait, this is anime. Obvious common sense does not apply.
May 5, 2011 11:08 PM

Jun 2010
Anyone else think it was funny when popo had to go to the bathroom with menma on his neck? "menma wants to go too!!!!"
May 5, 2011 11:24 PM

Apr 2009
Lesson 1: How to get over the girl you loved after she dies
Step 1. Become emo
Step 2. Crossdress as her
Step 3. ????????
Step 4. PROFIT!
May 5, 2011 11:28 PM

Nov 2007
YUKIATSU IS OFFICIALLY THE CREEPIEST CHARACTER EVER. I hated him from the start.

I thought that Tsuruko was a bitch too, but in this episode, she redeemed herself.

May 5, 2011 11:29 PM

Sep 2008
... I'd still hit it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.