MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Toradora! season 2 discussion. Possible spoiler.
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Toradora! »» Toradora! season 2 discussion. Possible spoiler.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
View Poll Results: Toradora! season 2
Yes

69 68.32%
No

32 31.68%
Voters: 101

08-31-11, 1:15 AM

d4n13lr0x said:
The_Hriday said:
In my opinion, rather than a second season, a bunch of OVAs showing Ryuuji and Taiga's married life in a humourous manner would be far better.

I really want to see this, but as everyone else already pointed out, new material usually just fucks up an already great story.

Well, like Gheizen64 and Indulg3 said, the concept that I suggested won't exactly be new material added to the Toradora! canon or anything. If you've watched Toradora! SOS, you'll see that it's new material too, but it doesn't really affect the series in any way. It's just about the main cast gorging on food. What I'm suggesting is, a couple of sketches in the same spirit as Toradora! SOS; no drama or srs bsns, just exaggerated chibi fun.
Clouds arouse me.

Toothbrushes too.

09-15-11, 2:48 PM

although i think a few OVA's would be best...a 2nd season wouldn't be impossible to pull off... i mean just look at clannad: after story.. KEY works managed to make it very successful, and i think maybe an after story about toradora wouldnt be so bad either, as a matter of fact i think it'll be interesting to see what happens with the new couple and the friends.

10-22-11, 7:04 AM

oh god if they were going to make this, DO NOT make it like clannad after story, if that will happen, I will cry for sure.. I don't wana taiga to die! ;'( I don't want Ryu going all drunk with a baby. Just make a happy serie about Taiga & Ryu having fun at ami's villa :D if people live their lifes it gives me a good feeling..

10-22-11, 7:20 AM

not for another season, but big YAY for another route of girl...

01-02-12, 6:35 PM

This anime doesn't need to have a season 2.... It ended in an "and they live happily ever after" manner.

But it's up to the director to make a season 2.. Oh and I want to say something to the director...

"You're Brilliant"

04-11-12, 2:37 PM

I'm just posting on everything Toradora! related at this point. A few 'Another World' style episodes or a fun OVA about Taiga and Ryuuji's married life would be awesome, although I know it's a far cry at this point.

04-13-12, 1:16 PM

I'm very content with the way things ended. The show ended right with the Light novel so I don't see the need for more. It would give them more of a chance to ruin what a great show/novel series toradora is.

04-29-12, 10:19 AM

krunchyshart said:
although i think a few OVA's would be best...a 2nd season wouldn't be impossible to pull off... i mean just look at clannad: after story.. KEY works managed to make it very successful, and i think maybe an after story about toradora wouldnt be so bad either, as a matter of fact i think it'll be interesting to see what happens with the new couple and the friends.

When regarding Clannad After Story though you have to remember that Clannad was never really strong for its romantic aspects rather than drama, whereas Toradora I personally found was. So I think that a sequel series to Taiga and Ryuuji wouldn't work as it would need to change genre slightly. Even if it turned out well it wouldn't be the same show, so why bother with the risk of ruining a perfectly fine scenario instead of making something completely different?

That being said, I have no objection to having perhaps a 1 episode OVA on the couple. But since I actually think it's great just as it is now I leave that judgment to the Director/Author.

As for alternate worlds? I can't really object considering Toradora's origin, but I personally find the main characters become less convincing if you make them versatile enough to produce too many endings.

Sorry for long post

04-29-12, 7:28 PM

I feel maybe a few OVA's would be fine.
But to make another full season....I feel there's no need for it at all.
It would feel like nothing more than fan-service.

01-01-14, 12:27 PM

I feel like it would ruin the series. Yes, Toradora did end on a completely confusing note, but I think it adds to the complexity of the series. The anime doesn't need another season because it is fine the way it is. Besides it's been several years now since the anime has ended.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices