MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Toradora! season 2 discussion. Possible spoiler.
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Toradora! »» Toradora! season 2 discussion. Possible spoiler.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: Toradora! season 2
Yes

69 68.32%
No

32 31.68%
Voters: 101

04-30-11, 9:31 PM

At the end of Toradora!, they met and mostly everything in the plot was resolved. However, I wasn't sure if they did get married, but they graduated and everything.

On the whole, I really want a season 2. I know that the plot and everything was resolved, but I want to know about their future together. Their daily life and what happens after it.

Discuss please.

04-30-11, 9:35 PM

Other than this obviously being on the wrong board, didn't the anime end on the same note as the light novel? So unless its non-cannon, a sequel would be out of the question.

04-30-11, 9:37 PM

How is this in the wrong section?

And why is it out of the question? :( I want it for the reasons stated in my OP

04-30-11, 9:41 PM

Moved to the series discussion board.

04-30-11, 9:47 PM

TeNoriTaiga- said:
How is this in the wrong section?

And why is it out of the question? :( I want it for the reasons stated in my OP
Ok, I was being nice in the first post but obviously you are just choosing to be ignorant.

This is the wrong section because it is a Toradora specific question and belongs in the Toradora discussion board.

Second, I've already told you why it is out of the question. The anime's story ended congruently with the light novel, which is the source material of the anime. It doesn't matter how much you "want" a second season, if there is no material to base it off of, you are pretty much shit out of luck.

Your poll question doesn't even make any god damn sense. Are you trying to ask us do we think there will be a season two? Or are you asking if we just want a season two?

04-30-11, 9:54 PM

You're taking me completely wrong. I'm saying there should be a season 2 based on NEW material.

And yes the question is if you want one or not.

Plus I didn't know it was in the wrong section since I just joined the forums.

04-30-11, 10:46 PM

Bump :(

05-01-11, 6:43 PM

Gr.... Bump #2

05-02-11, 12:34 PM

I don't think I'd want another season of Toradora. Like Defiance has stated, the light novels pretty much end where the anime has ended, and so, in order to progress further into the story, it would have to be non-canon. And typically when people branch off of canon material with non-canon material, the results are disastrous (Fillers, season-2's, ect...). I don't really want Toradora being soiled by a crappy sequel (the most likely occurrence). I'm honestly satisfied in where Toradora left off on. It does, at least to me, seem like a satisfying conclusion. And so I'd much rather hold onto that than risk the series being mocked by some otaku germ-ridden asshole who thought it would be funny to copy the countless other hundreds of anime's out there for a quick buck.
Modified by lucjan, 05-02-11, 1:12 PM

05-03-11, 10:42 AM

I love Toradora too, but the series is a love story. A series about Ryu and Taiga's daily lives just won't have the same impact.

If there were a sequel in this universe which I doubt will happen, I'd want a series maybe centered around Minorin or Ami.

08-23-11, 7:31 AM

In my opinion, rather than a second season, a bunch of OVAs showing Ryuuji and Taiga's married life in a humourous manner would be far better.
Clouds arouse me.

Toothbrushes too.

08-25-11, 10:48 AM

The_Hriday said:
In my opinion, rather than a second season, a bunch of OVAs showing Ryuuji and Taiga's married life in a humourous manner would be far better.

I really want to see this, but as everyone else already pointed out, new material usually just fucks up an already great story.

08-26-11, 9:22 AM

d4n13lr0x said:
The_Hriday said:

I really want to see this, but as everyone else already pointed out, new material usually just fucks up an already great story.

I don't think so, some comic sketches aren't that hard to do and wouldn't impact the story in any way. It would just be fanservice for the ones that want to see them together a bit since in the anime you never saw them in a normal situation after they got together.

08-28-11, 9:29 AM

The_Hriday said:

This.

Think about it - Toradora! is just plainly amazing. They tied up the main characters' loose ends, and the only thing they really left out is what happens with the side characters and the wedding ceremony, which I think most of us would really like to see.

A 10 minute OVA to tell us some more background story and tie it up completely would be just perfect.

08-28-11, 9:39 AM

Kanzaki_H_Aria said:
You're taking me completely wrong. I'm saying there should be a season 2 based on NEW material.

And yes the question is if you want one or not.

Plus I didn't know it was in the wrong section since I just joined the forums.

?????
There won't be NEW material unless you have a source to get it from??
Courtesy of Paul

08-29-11, 4:34 PM

They could make ova series with Ryuuji x Ami .

08-29-11, 5:43 PM

UrbanScythe said:
Oh fuck I'd actually buy this

08-29-11, 5:44 PM

notsureifsrs said:
UrbanScythe said:
Oh fuck I'd actually buy this

Do it like Clannad Another World

08-29-11, 7:52 PM

I would be sooooo happy if there was a season two. I also agree I would like a follow up on Ryuuji/Taiga's lives and the other supporting characters ^^

08-29-11, 7:53 PM

I don't really want a season 2 as much as I want 5-6 episodes of OVA...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices