MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Toriko Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Toriko »» Toriko Episode 4 Discussion

View Poll Results: Toriko Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

13 52.00%
4 out of 5: Liked it

5 20.00%
3 out of 5: It was OK

5 20.00%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 4.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 4.00%
Voters: 25

04-29-11, 8:32 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Better late than never, right?

I really liked that there's an explanation to Coco's abilities. I saw before how he was a poison man, but I never really knew why. I also really enjoyed the fact that Zonbe is voiced by Shigeru Chiba. He's one of my favorite voice actors!

Looking forward to the fight against the Devil Snake next week!

04-29-11, 9:32 PM

This shows makes me hungry!

04-30-11, 12:26 AM

The episode was really good in terms of animation and soundtrack. As for the story, I still hate it when that filler reporter girl butts in and ruins everybody's mood.

04-30-11, 1:32 AM

Found it funny how literally everything has a capture level. Even mushrooms....

04-30-11, 5:59 AM

Koko-Bear said:

All cartoon food makes me hungry..

04-30-11, 8:14 AM

Shinjipl said:
The episode was really good in terms of animation and soundtrack. As for the story, I still hate it when that filler reporter girl butts in and ruins everybody's mood.

Agreed. We've missed some really funny scenes with Coco because of her and she just doesn't add ANYTHING to the series. I'd be fine if she just gave us a monster recap at the end of each episode, but I really don't want them to cut out manga material just to have this unfunny broad walk about.

There was also quite a bit of censorship this episode. (The scorpions, Toriko eating the bats out of the air etc) Makes me wonder how the rest of this arc is going to go.
Really unsure about this series. The approach they take makes it appropriate for a early timeslot, but it loses that toriko vibe because of it. I'll give it a few more episodes before I decide to drop it or not.

04-30-11, 4:14 PM

They're really burning through the chapters. I don't see the point in this at all, it's only causing the filler arcs to come faster.

The censorship is annoying, to say that One Piece airs only 30 minutes after and the majority of its blood and gore is intact, but in Toriko even minor violence is omitted (knife not cutting the Garara Gator, Toriko not eating the bats in this episode)

The filler reporter girl, while annoying, I can understand the need to put her in there. Toriko doesn't really have the attractive female heroine most shounen do, but to cut out manga material for the sake of her bullcrap is ridiculous, it's only going to enrage manga fans and possibly lose viewers.

I think Toei trying too hard to make this series the new Pokemon, with the capturing of stuff, but that really isn't what Toriko is about, underneath the capturing of ingredients (or beasts) - is a very bloody fighting shounen.
Modified by fightyourdemons, 04-30-11, 4:29 PM

05-01-11, 3:22 AM

There is enough resources to have it run as long as pokemon, but i'm not sure about the viewer number then.

Also, do they mean that for those mushrooms you need 10 professional hunters armed with rifles, seeing as that was how they described level 1's before?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

05-01-11, 3:31 AM

The mushroom capture level is below 1.

05-01-11, 4:29 AM

The reason for seemingly harmless beasts/plants having capture levels is because of the location it grows in/difficulty finding it . This was explained in the manga

05-01-11, 9:28 AM

fightyourdemons said:
They're really burning through the chapters. I don't see the point in this at all, it's only causing the filler arcs to come faster.

The censorship is annoying, to say that One Piece airs only 30 minutes after and the majority of its blood and gore is intact, but in Toriko even minor violence is omitted (knife not cutting the Garara Gator, Toriko not eating the bats in this episode)

The filler reporter girl, while annoying, I can understand the need to put her in there. Toriko doesn't really have the attractive female heroine most shounen do, but to cut out manga material for the sake of her bullcrap is ridiculous, it's only going to enrage manga fans and possibly lose viewers.

I think Toei trying too hard to make this series the new Pokemon, with the capturing of stuff, but that really isn't what Toriko is about, underneath the capturing of ingredients (or beasts) - is a very bloody fighting shounen.

Indeed, I just finished the Century Soup arc and yea... Nuff said. There is simply no way they can keep on going in this style. Not to mention that certain areas are so dangerous, it simply wouldn't make sense to have Tina skip around in there.

05-03-11, 10:08 AM

Enjoyed the episode... really like Coco. I still miss the style and badassness in the OVA.. but this will do for now...

05-08-11, 5:32 PM

I really wasn't that hooked on watching this at the start cuz I had started the manga a few days before and quite frankly it was better. But with Coco coming it I might change my mind. I'm glad he's a fortune teller since you don't see fortune teller characters playing a good enough role in series not to mention his use of poison (which I also think is lacking).

On the censorship, I'll have to see how it fares. Even with the episode being censored (and Tina's annoying appearances) this is the first episode that I've fully enjoyed so far. Maybe since I didn't read this part in the manga yet, idunno.

05-15-11, 9:06 PM

This anime is great in terms of everything ;o
I Need A Better Forum Signature, For Now Just Click Here

I Believe In hate at First sight. [Imagination, Bliss with No Cost.]

03-16-12, 3:41 AM

horrible POS.
「J>K>W」
事実。

08-25-12, 5:21 AM

Koko-Bear said:

No shit, I watched three in a row while being hungry beforehand ;__:

Nice cliffhanger here. And Coco is somewhat nice character. This show is getting kind of interesting.

02-22-14, 3:40 AM

It was an okay episode, nice introduction of Coco. From what I saw of this thread it seems like Toei cut out some Coco comedic scenes, that's a shame since I probably won't read the manga for the earlier parts. I disliked the bonding moment of Komatsu and Coco, it was cliche as hell, and it somewhat felt OOC of Komatsu, but whatever.
People should give Kuuchuu Buranko a try.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices