Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 29, 2011 3:20 PM

Feb 2010
I plan to contribute some quotes to the database of where my current signature is from. To increase the quality of the quotes and such.

So if you know any good quotes let me know, I only remember a few and I don't want to skip through the episodes randomly ^^.

Thanks my fellow fanboys!
I probably regret this post by now.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 29, 2011 8:58 PM
Oct 2010
i think you know this one , still i am posting it -
"There are few wars between good and evil; most are between one good and another good."
—Yang Wen-li
Apr 29, 2011 10:26 PM

May 2010
All quotes from Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm

Genes determine everything? What nonsense. Hereditary physical qualities have no effect on people? That's for individuals. Heredity concerns family background, not personal abilities. Those who blindly believe in such a theory are normally guys who are happy with their present conditions. They're the real weaklings. Those who are proud of their ancestors are fellows who've done nothing to be proud of themselves. These are the people I despise most. I look down on them.

Indeed, a small act of opposition is unable to solve any problem. The society needs a complete revolution. Such unreasonable occurances must be entirely corrected. And we must not wait for others to correct them. We must carry out the revolution with our own hands.

Those who go for changes will be seen as enemies of order. It's such a degeneration."
"Followers' understanding will only urge those in power to go on, and the ruling class will lose their sense of anxiety.

You despise or even attack those who are weaker than you, no, who're slightly different from you, hoping to satisfy your own sense of superiority. But you don't realize that by doing that, you've been drawn into the social system of being manipulated and being despised.

If the enemy has anyone with a tenth of my brain cells, even Iserlohn will fall into enemy hands.

I want victory. But not because the opponent is weak.

I am not impatient. But since there is an opportunity, then it must be made full use of.

I have only climbed from the mountain foot to mid mountain. It I want to climb a mountain, then there's a chance of going down or falling into a valley. It's useless to think too much about the future.

No matter which period, or which society, people always gaze at the stars when they are young. Then they stretch out their hands and try to catch them. And then one day they realize their arms are not long enough to catch the stars, and that's when they think they've grown up. But I don't agree. I must catch all the stars.

My conquest is the sea of stars.

It's power. What I need is power. If I should want to get my sister back, then I must, first of all, possess power that would make those idiots bow to my commands. If my opponent are the aristocrats, then I need greater power than theirs. If he's the Emperor, then I must have power mightier than his.

In the galaxy filled with sparkling stars, the movement of every star is subtle. Yet, as long as a meteor appears, it is possible to change the whole system of the galaxy. Yang Wenli, are you only a star? Or a brilliant meteor?

These idiots. What do they think of others? They think they are born with the right to rule. They think they have the right to hurt others. These people are too evil. And this empire is too corrupted.

The only thing I can't forgive Rudolph the Great is that... he has done nothing to help the needy since he became the king. That's because all those who support him are the aristocrats. That's why things turn out this way.

Our future battles will not only be on the battlefield. Political struggles, court politics. It's not just a war of words, but also a war of blood.

Not only this, I want to have the entire universe.

It's to be expected that incompetent rulers be overthrown.

Fighting a hundred batlles doesn't mean winning a hundred victories

Whether they steal it or build it... the first one there deserves the prize. That's only natural. But for those who have come to power, wealth, and glory... not by their own strength and effort, but simply because of inheritance... what right do they have to complain. I think the very existence of such blood lineage dynasties is disgusting.

Power is the property of one generation. It shouldn't be transferred. It should be seized
Already, I have nothing to lose. But even so, I will fight. To keep my promise to you. And... to gain something to quench the thirst in my heart.

What criminals need is neither diplomacy nor persuasion. They have neither the ability nor the intention to understand those. Only force will enlighten their foolishness.

Perfection is a fairly nonexistant thing.

Constellations of stars that I am seeing for the first time... you are all only allowed to exist as objects for my conquest and rule. Just wait.

I aim to be supreme ruler... and to reach that goal, I have a policy of my own. It is to fight my own battles. That's the difference between myself and the noblemen I've fought and defeated. That's also the reason why the soldiers follow me.

If I am to hold this universe in my hands... I'd rather hold it with my bare hands than through gloves.

I cannot lose to anyone. People admire and stay loyal to me because I'm undefeated. I'm not supported because of my bloodline.

You cannot deny the efficiency of government by a strong leadership simply because tyrants do exist.

Democratic rule is a body chosen by its citizens in free will... which subsumes the power and spirit of self.

Something that's supposed to die and doesn't... will eventually rot away, whether it's a man or a nation.

I don't believe that the absolute truth is necessary. I only need the power to freely accomplish my dreams. One could say that it's the power to not have to take orders from those one despises.

There is only one Reinhard von Lohengramm, and there is only one man whose name will be remembered for killing me. Who wants to be that man?!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 29, 2011 11:47 PM

Jan 2008
Confucius said:
All quotes from Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm

Mein Gott, Mein Kaiser sure is wise.

Let's have some wisdom as seen by Yang

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago. And they are still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend. Can I abandon a friend?
I had fun once and it was awful.
Apr 30, 2011 9:03 AM

Feb 2010
Wow, thanks so far!
Some of them are too long to use for the tool, but it's definitely great to see them collected here.

Though as a Yang Wenli fan I'd like to see some more of him *gg*
May 2, 2011 1:47 AM

Sep 2008
lol...confucius is gay for Reinhardo-sama!
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
May 2, 2011 5:26 PM

May 2010
koreye said:
lol...confucius is gay for Reinhardo-sama!

I think it's the other way around, I mean just look at my face.
May 3, 2011 7:41 AM

Feb 2010
Found some more, including Yang:

The "freedom not to get involved." It's perhaps the most valued freedom we have in this country. - Yang

Nobody does anything until he gets an opportunity. - Yang

I'm not being arrogant. It's just that after being barked at by so many ill-bred dogs, every now and then I take a kick at one for the dog's own good. -Reinhard

Admiral, is it true that everyone has a premonition about their own death? -Julian
Julian, how can you take the word of someone who hasn't died yet? - Yang
May 3, 2011 10:08 AM

May 2010
People follow people, but not necessarily ideals or institutions - Yang

Don't speak the human language when you are but mere pigs - Mittenmeyer

There is one other quote that says "People may need society, but not nations"
May 4, 2011 3:20 PM

Feb 2010
Moar Yang please ^^

I remember him to have so many awesome quotes, but I can't remember them exactly :/
May 4, 2011 5:59 PM

Feb 2005
Yang;
-My brain cells have become milk and oatmeal, so I can't think now.
-To become an adult means to know one's drinking capacity.
-I've never once been inconvenienced by too much time off.
-He wants me to work more than my salary is worth.

Reinhard;
-The climax is coming, Kircheis.
-You think you can appease me with cake, I don't like your scheming disposition.

Kircheis;
-What I want to ask is, what are you angry about?
-Are you frustrated?

Reuenthal;
-I took her with my authority, and by violence.
-I don't think screaming in pain in place of his superior is among an adjutant's duties.

Poplan;
-I distribute my seeds but don't make the mistake of letting them come to fruition.
-How can I live if I'm afraid of dying?!
-They can actually go sober into battle?

Attenborough;
-Why did I have to turn 30? Life is so unfair.
-After all, I'm doing this with foppery and whim.
-If it were a third rate TV anime, a dead protagonist could come back to life at the producers' convenience.

Andrew Fork;
-I am the hero of republican democracy!

Fyodor Patorichev;
-Don't do that. It hurts, you know? (Last words)

Fredrica;
-You might have killed millions of people, but at the very least, you made me happy.

Oberstein;
-I advise that you order an execution by firing squad right away.
-Propitious events can wait. But misfortunes cannot.
-Make sure to give chicken meat to the dog.

Bittenfeld;
-There's a tradition in the Bittenfeld family! When you praise someone, you do it loudly; when you denounce someone, you do it even louder!
-As always, there's no cuteness about them. Dammit.
-The goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!

"That" Mashengo;
-Humans cannot go against fate.

Narrator;
-Die Sage ist vorüber, die Historie beginnt.

SECRET BONUS!

Eisenach;
-Checkmate.
May 9, 2011 9:25 PM
Oct 2010
if it were a third-rate TV anime a dead protagonist can comeback to life at the producer's convenience : Dusty Attenborough
May 10, 2011 11:21 AM

Sep 2008
theunfettered said:
if it were a third-rate TV anime a dead protagonist can comeback to life at the producer's convenience : Dusty Attenborough

I love that one.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
May 12, 2011 12:52 AM

Nov 2010
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang

Let me see . . .This is very . . .In short; “For the Fatherland?” “Risking Life?” No . . .Why? Because we can only drink good tea while we're living. Everybody, let's fight so we don't die. - Yang
Humour is the very essence of a democratic society.
May 12, 2011 1:16 PM

May 2010
Your body is no longer yours alone Reinhardo-sama ~ Kircheis
May 15, 2011 4:29 PM

Sep 2008
Confucius said:
Your body is no longer yours alone Reinhardo-sama ~ Kircheis

RAWR!
May 19, 2011 1:36 PM

May 2009
Baman said:

Eisenach;
-Checkmate.

The greatest.

Also:

Bittenfeld: Well, our commander is incredibly good looking so let's hope his brain is as good as his looks.

Poplan: I never though the husband would come home.
May 23, 2011 3:58 PM

Feb 2010
Just got a message that the quotes I sent in have been added to the tracker. Hope I get one soon *gg*.
But I couldn't send in many, because there is a length limit for the quotes.
May 26, 2011 1:32 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah, I hit the first LOGH quote. Gonna stop watching anime now ^^
Jun 9, 2011 8:24 AM

May 2010
I just got the best quote ever

What is that thing?~Yang Wenli
Jun 24, 2011 5:39 AM

Sep 2008
"The last man I kill in my life was unarmed. How dare he make me commit such a dishonorable act."
-Reuenthal
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Dusty's Favorite Anime list, Julian ( 1 2 )

Confucius - May 20, 2011

62 by Confucius »»
Apr 20, 2012 10:37 PM

Sticky: » Suggestions/improvements for club

Confucius - Mar 21, 2011

32 by Confucius »»
Oct 15, 2011 11:47 AM

Poll: » Emile vs lelouch

eyerok - Mar 30, 2011

19 by Confucius »»
Aug 19, 2011 7:08 AM

Poll: » Fav Op/Ed Combo?

eyerok - Mar 23, 2011

34 by eyerok »»
May 22, 2011 1:34 PM

Poll: » Your favorite female characters from LotGH?

eyerok - Mar 25, 2011

38 by clannad4ever »»
May 16, 2011 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.