Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2011 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
If only Menma could die again in her "ghost" form and never come back...

Yukiatsu..oh god what a creepy bastard.
Apr 29, 2011 12:08 PM

Jun 2009
Yukiatsu is creepy. I think that those gifts for "girlfriend" are actually for Menma. No idea that he's doing with them but he's definitely obsessed with her. Also, Naruko doesn't seem to like him much. And she really looks beautiful with that dress and hair down. <3
I wonder that has happened to Jintan's mother. It seems like that was some kind of illness... What if that moment at hospital was the last time he had seen his mother? So sad. Poor Jintan. :(
Apr 29, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2008
I don't like Yukiatsu's behaviour, he acts totally as a jerk and what he said about he saw Menma too is definitelly a lie.

This makes me think about my childhood friends who I lost contact with ;_;
Apr 29, 2011 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
that went by quickly, well the episode lol
was a good episode xD
Apr 29, 2011 1:11 PM

Mar 2011
I literally gave off strong vibes near the end... just touching really..
and if the next episode, I find that Yukiatsu was bullshtting, i'm going to start hating on him ffffffff.
Courtesy of Paul
Apr 29, 2011 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
type_silver said:
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

No guys, its not yukiatsu, it's actually tsuruko. Go back to the scene where yukiatsu and tsuruko are shopping and you can clearly see that she's also wearing a watch.

aoi_alhayyi said:
Oh god silver don't add more to the fire D:

O great..NOW I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ANYMORE!!!! ;___;

Yukiatsu and Tsuruko both seem pretty close... maybe they are some physco tag team???

I kinda liked the idea of Yukiatsu crossdressing though...xD
Apr 29, 2011 2:11 PM

Aug 2010
Whaaa, nice episode!

Apr 29, 2011 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
why is everyone against Yukiatsu?

give the guy a chance! he loved Menma a lot ;_; i dont believe he can see her but i do believe he really wants to be able to, so...im rooting for Menma to appear to all of them.

And no matter how "bitchy" is Anaru, im totally shipping her with Jintan, they´re extremely cute together.

love this show, i want MOARRRR xD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 29, 2011 2:58 PM
Feb 2011
type_silver said:
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

No guys, its not yukiatsu, it's actually tsuruko. Go back to the scene where yukiatsu and tsuruko are shopping and you can clearly see that she's also wearing a watch.

If it's Tsuruko, then it's clear what Yukiatsu really saw...
Apr 29, 2011 2:58 PM

Feb 2009
Orulyon said:
And no matter how "bitchy" is Anaru, im totally shipping her with Jintan, they´re extremely cute together.

Same here~~ People are complaining about her not standing up to her friends, but she never sided with them and I think for the most part, she did stand up for him until they brought up the crush thing, then she just got flustered. That's all.

Anyways, great episode.
Apr 29, 2011 3:00 PM

Sep 2009
Orulyon said:
why is everyone against Yukiatsu?
Because they are too paranoid about him.

Great episode and Menma crying kills me. It's so darn sad. Liking Menma more and more :3
Anaru needs to evolve.
So, does every episode have to make me a bit teary?
5/5 for the episode.
Apr 29, 2011 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
all i can say is Naruko is freaking HOT! lol....
Apr 29, 2011 3:51 PM

Apr 2011
Something tells me that Yuki's gonna just be a downer and say something like "See, Menma's right there, in the creek. Thats where she died, and thats where she'll always be"
Apr 29, 2011 3:54 PM
Dec 2009
Kipcha said:
Orulyon said:

Same here~~ People are complaining about her not standing up to her friends, but she never sided with them and I think for the most part, she did stand up for him until they brought up the crush thing, then she just got flustered. That's all.

Anyways, great episode.

That is so true and alss how would she know that her so-called friends were going to say something like that,it's not as if she already knows about it unless she's physic and would find it very predictable in these types of situations but she isn't as she doesn't really have that sort of ability. Therefore people who are in that sort of situation wouldn't really know about at all as people say a lot of shit for years and nobdy ain't gonna stop them anyway as they can do what whatever and however they want (which i really HATE as it always PISSES ME OFF whenever i think about it).

Apr 29, 2011 4:48 PM

Mar 2010
Still not liking that Yuki ass... I hope he gets his nose broken soon.

I think Menma crying during random scenes has something to do with her wish.. Something like a hint to the audience at what the real wish truly is or will become.
Apr 29, 2011 5:05 PM
Sep 2010
I believe it was Tsuruko that dressed up as Menma.

She was wearing a watch just like Yukiatsu, and I bet the whole thing with Yukiatsu sniffing Menma's clothes at the end of episode 2 was simply to make us thing he was a freak.

Now Im not exactly sure why she would want to bring everyone together again. Since it would seem like if Yukiatsu even hears the word Menma he will simply non-stop talk about her. And its obvious that Tsuruko likes him.

And I still have no idea why Yukiatsu would tell Jintan that Menma is down in the lake or w/e. I highly doubt that he saw a Tsuruko Menma version.

Also, something that has been bothering me. If Menma can interact with objects.
Couldnt Jintan simply tell Menma to hold an apple or something so that the rest of the group would see a floating apple and thereby realizing that Menma is indeed real so to speak?
Apr 29, 2011 5:09 PM

Oct 2007
type_silver said:
Ok now, onto the next thing. You guys are saying Yukiatsu was lying when he said he saw Menma, but I'm pretty sure you guys are wrong because how come Tusruko can be so sure that he would come to the barbecue? As I pointed out earlier, it was tsuruko that dressed up as menma and this makes sense: tsuruko dresses up as menma, lets yukiatsu and poppo see her and tries to bring the group back together (maybe XD)

There are few other things I want to point out as well, but I'll do it later today XD
I think your theory has some flaws in there.
1/ Tsuruko shouldn't know anything about Menma's wish or revived before the beginning of ep3 which is where the fake Menma took place.
2/ When Poppo sent the invitation to Yukiatsu("I found Menma!"), Tsuruko seemed to be rather surprised by it while Yukiatsu seemed to be rather TOO normal for him.
3/ If Yukiatsu actually saw the fake Menma then there was no reason why he should lie to everyone at the end that he just saw Menma a while ago. Because it was impossible since Tsuruko and everyone were actually together in one place, therefore Tsuruko shouldn't be able to fake being Menma at that time.

On the other hand, Yukiatsu is the most suspicious one because we have every reason to point at him being the one who accidentally killed Menma, faking Menma, lying everyone.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 29, 2011 5:26 PM

Dec 2008
Poppo is way too godlike holy shit
Apr 29, 2011 5:42 PM

Feb 2011
The ratio of likeable to unlikeable characters on this show is a little off...

But theres definitely more to it than I thought
cguercinApr 29, 2011 5:47 PM

Apr 29, 2011 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
even though they all got together for the first time i still think they got along way to go before there all friends again seeing as this was only the 3rd episode i just hope they don't take any dark turns with the whole dressing up theories since this is my favorite show of the season :3
ps jintans mom is so pretty :D.
Apr 29, 2011 5:46 PM

Apr 2008
Can`t vote anything other the love on this whole anime :D

Apr 29, 2011 7:26 PM

May 2009
AUGH! sEMI-CLIFFHANGER!
Apr 29, 2011 7:43 PM

Jan 2011
type_silver said:
Looking at the ep 4 preview, I can see the ending! lol XD Ah well this is fun cuz this is a really good anime and its also original so we can only guess whats going to happen next :D
Even though Tsuruko is cool and all that, she still treasures Menma like the rest of the group as shown at the preview where she has a drawing of Menma :

You're saying that it could be someone else? No no no here are 2 proofs:
1. You see the brown bit darker than the desk up there on the top right hand corner of my first spoiler? Well, its tsuruko's desk as shown here
You see the darker brown drawer on the right of her desk? It is very identical XD
2. In the first spoiler up there, you can see that the fingernails is not painted and also the skin is pale. If you look at all the main characters, there are only 3 people with pale skin: Menma, Tsuruko and Anaru. Menma is a ghost and Anaru has her fingernails painted
so the only one left is Tsuruko.
About Tsuruko's drawing, you can see Menma praying and I think that indicates that she remembers what Menma's wish was, and maybe that's why she dressed up as menma and to let Poppo and Yukiatsu see her.
Guys, im just letting you guys know what my opinion is, so please let us know urs!
You dont have to prove that. Tsuruko is the only one who can draw, you know, she was always had sketchbook with her when child.

Im agree with you but I think who's draw it is little Tsuruko. And she just take a look her drawing. I think she just stop drawing now.T_T
just my opinion
Apr 29, 2011 8:34 PM

Sep 2008
Ha, I love Yukiatsu's smug face at the end.
It was quite odd for them all to come together in such a short time, but I am glad something is happening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2011 9:21 PM

Apr 2007
Damn, I love Tsuruko.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Apr 29, 2011 9:34 PM

Sep 2009
Right now it's pretty hard to gauge how this series could end but Yukiatsu is definitely an... interesting one. Was that Menma's dress that he had an episode back or so? o _o
Apr 29, 2011 10:04 PM

Jan 2010
i'm really impressed with the pacing so far..this might be my favourite series this season. it's drama, with a tiny pinch of shoujo/romance going on..just what i luv.
Apr 30, 2011 12:12 AM

Jul 2008
Yukkiatsu is going to screw everybody over.
Apr 30, 2011 12:28 AM

Feb 2008
there's absolutely no ways hes serious about seeing menma. He's seen how Jinta who used to be the leader or their group turn into a "NEET" claiming to see Menma. So by claiming to see Menma somewhere else he could say to Jinta that he could see Menma as well.
Apr 30, 2011 1:26 AM

Sep 2010
This show has its ups and downs.
Apr 30, 2011 1:33 AM

Aug 2008
I'm guessing Yukiatsu probably feels inferior to Jintan.
Which was why he made up the story that he can see Menma too. Cuz he likes Menma and all.
And maybe the ghost was actually Jintan's mother??

I enjoyed this episode as usual. In fact I found it bittersweet when Menma was paying her respects to Jintan's mum. Kinda ironic.
Apr 30, 2011 4:08 AM

Aug 2010
Beautiful...it's all I can say after watching this. Friendship is one of the basis in the world we're currently living in but selfishness and the self-centered way of life the society has been brought upon, makes us forget about our friends. This anime offers such a breather for me. It has played it's part and is already transmitting its emotions to me, the viewer with 110% power. Is it the same for you?
As a side note, Anaru with her hair down and that dress was very cute.
Apr 30, 2011 4:33 AM

Aug 2009
So... The big question is...
Who cosplayed as Menma?

Tsk, great episode as usual.
Apr 30, 2011 4:37 AM
Aug 2010
Dat male tsundere

Apr 30, 2011 6:08 AM

Jul 2010
it was a really great episode for one of the best series this season so far. and i really hope that it will be this good until the end. I didn't notice anything with yukiatsu but i will rewatch the ending and i hope that i will see what you guys saw.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Apr 30, 2011 6:52 AM

Jul 2010
Lovely episode. Everyone is getting along much better by the episode. Pretty surprised Yukiatsu actually attended the barbecue. Anaru looked so pretty with the straight hair and one piece! >w<

I really wanted to punch Anaru's "friends" for the stupid things coming out of their pie-holes! He was actually going to school and they ruined it! >.<

bloodstainx said:
Onii said:
Oh my goodness Yukiatsu I really hope you're not bullshitting me.

wow i was thinking the exact same thing. All the facts point to this being the truth especially the ending which kinda hints at this

That possibility has crossed my mind as well. Maybe because he just can't live with the idea of her not being there anymore. Please don't let it be true. Then again it must be. The "ghost" Poppo saw had some quite creepy similarities with Yukiatsu. -_-
OnyxthegreatApr 30, 2011 6:55 AM

Apr 30, 2011 7:45 AM

Apr 2008
Every time Menma cries, My heart just instantly breaks... );
I love this Nostalgic Anime... (;
Apr 30, 2011 8:15 AM
Aug 2009
Yukiatsu weirds me out every since that scene with him sniffing Menma's dress
Apr 30, 2011 12:17 PM

Nov 2010
I find it hard to have any particular opinion on such easygoing series going from one episode to another. I guess there's a drama timebomb ticking somewhere yet to be seen, otherwise it will just hover in its averageness.
Apr 30, 2011 1:16 PM

Jan 2010
Cross dressing Yukiatsu confirmed for best character ever.
Apr 30, 2011 1:30 PM

Jan 2008
The last 5 or so minutes of this episodes was the only interesting part of the whole 3 episodes. It's been filled with nothing but some pervert's imaginary girlfriend who does nothing but arouse him on every occasion she sees fit. Fanservice. Characters are dull and superficial, Menma is annoying and the protagonist is just lame.
Apr 30, 2011 3:14 PM
Dec 2008
meh episode 2 and 3 hasnt been as good as episode 1
nevetheless interesting
for some reason this anime goes by so so fast..must be a sign that im really enjoying it.
and i thought yukiatsu was cool...not anymore i guess
Apr 30, 2011 4:58 PM
Jul 2009
The episodes go so fast, the ED started playing and I thought; "Wait, what? Already?"

Also, I have a bad feeling about this Yukiatsu guy.
Apr 30, 2011 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
I hate cliffhangers!
Apr 30, 2011 5:57 PM

Mar 2009
Every single character defies nearly all of the bullshit stereotypes that have plagued recent anime for years. Normally, I'd find a show like this to be melodramatic, but the character writing is just too damn good.

To be honest, though, I'm a little apprehensive about Yukiatsu and his supposed cross-dressing. If not executed well, it could be extremely over-the-top for this anime.
Apr 30, 2011 8:49 PM

Aug 2009

Just pointing out the possibilities.... >___>
Apr 30, 2011 10:16 PM

May 2010
^^ Priceless. lol.

Speaking of Yuki..

Random question to those who think or thought he had something to do with Menma's Death:

If Yukiatsu was the one who accidentally killed Menma - wouldn't she have been kinda hesitant about Yukiatsu in Ep. 1 and rather her being really happy to see him, she would have frowned or had a flashback with her sandals in the lake..?
May 1, 2011 1:04 AM

Nov 2007
Wow. Third episode is even better. I just loved how Honma Meiko wants to find Menma's ghost. She is. so. damn. adorable.

Best anime of Spring 2011 by far.

When I thought Yukihatsu scaring the shit outta Poppo would be the best moment, Menma going wild running down the hill with Poppo to find herself just left me awestruck. Upped my rating for the anime to a 10/10.
shanimebibMay 1, 2011 1:12 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 1, 2011 5:01 AM

May 2009
It was strange seeing a dead person paying her respects to another dead person. However, it was cute when Menma wanted to join in the search to find her ghost lol.

Anaru's friends are just shallow, mean bitches. Though I wish she acted differently when they were insulting Jintan, her reaction was normal. She's pretty timid/insecure and easily succumbs to peer pressure. What I like is that she's aware of this flaw and doesn't like that about herself. And big thumbs up on the hairstyle change.

What can I write about Yukiatsu that hasn't already been written? Nothing really, but the guy really creeps me out. Also, the direction they take with him could turn this show on its head - and not in a good way. So fingers crossed...

Time really does fly by when watching this show. 3 episodes in and it's still easily my favorite series this season. Nothing's even close.
May 1, 2011 8:18 AM

Jan 2008
It's getting good except for the overly fanservice for boys (the ride and grind). Heh, only Poppo not in the love circle? Jinta to Menma, Matsuyuki to Menma, Anjou to Jinta, and Tsurumi to Matsuyuki. I'd like see Tsurumi and Matsuyuki end up together in the end.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm watching this in 2024

bUriTtOTiTaN - Mar 26

30 by RegicakTiiy »»
Mar 29, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1235 by sarkardragon »»
Feb 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

387 by mylovetokoyami »»
Feb 16, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

229 by nisensi »»
Feb 9, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notnishiura - Apr 21, 2011

358 by Xeehad »»
Jan 17, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.