Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2011 11:10 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My favorite series this season. <3

"Menma wants to find Menma, too!"
Apr 28, 2011 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
:D Tsuruko actually attended the meeting :D
Apr 28, 2011 11:54 AM

Dec 2010
Those fucking bitches! And just when he was gonna go to school, too.

There's so much emotions going on in this anime..just great.

EDIT: That weird ass mofo Atsumu...FFFUUU
RezurrektApr 28, 2011 10:18 PM

Apr 28, 2011 7:52 PM

Jul 2010
DesolateOne said:
Haha! I wish Anaru would've given them a good punch in their "pretty" faces, but no, she had to agree with them... in a way. :/
Speaking of her, it seems she heard everyone complaining about her hairstyle in the previous thread so she went and changed it. :P

This episode went by so fast. When the credits started I was just going, "What? It's over already?"

And suddenly everyone and their uncle can see Menma. Well, Yukiatsu is probably lying. And who didn't know Yukiatsu would be the one to show up with all the food?

Edit: You know, Poppo's seiyuu kind of looks like Poppo. o.O
Apr 28, 2011 7:57 PM
Apr 2011
This is hands down my favorite anime of the season! My theory is that Yukiatsu can't really see her, but his desperation is making him think he can, or something along those lines. I have a feeling Yukiatsu is gonna be a yandere type character... as for what Poppo saw I have no idea :| If it really WAS a ghost then wouldn't "Supernatural" be a genre for this show too? xD
Apr 28, 2011 8:24 PM
Apr 2011
Oh my goodness Yukiatsu I really hope you're not bullshitting me.

a6342164Apr 28, 2011 8:40 PM
Apr 28, 2011 8:35 PM

Dec 2009
Goodness am I the only that feels that Matsuyuki, Atsumu has Menma's body stashed in his closet?
He somehow creeps me out. D:
I guess it's my unpopular opinion..
Apr 28, 2011 8:36 PM

Oct 2010
no matter what, the ED always makes me feel so nostalgic and sad X)
wow~! seriously!!! yukiatsu can c menma?! *sniff*
Iilia said:
DesolateOne said:
Haha! I wish Anaru would've given them a good punch in their "pretty" faces, but no, she had to agree with them... in a way. :/
Speaking of her, it seems she heard everyone complaining about her hairstyle in the previous thread so she went and changed it. :P

This episode went by so fast. When the credits started I was just going, "What? It's over already?"

And suddenly everyone and their uncle can see Menma. Well, Yukiatsu is probably lying. And who didn't know Yukiatsu would be the one to show up with all the food?

Edit: You know, Poppo's seiyuu kind of looks like Poppo. o.O

wow!! it's true!!! seiyuu does look lyk poppo!!! O.O'
otakuhimeApr 28, 2011 8:41 PM
Apr 28, 2011 8:43 PM

Oct 2009
The ED single came out a few days ago, here's the full ending song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aOXKpaV44I
It's really good, but I think I still prefer the original ZONE version the best. But no matter the version, this song is always so emotional.

I thought that Jinta's dad was gay before they explained that Jinta's mom died...lol

Anaru looks great with her hair down. Her friends are jerks though, it's a shame she gives in so easily to peer pressure.

And my theory is that it's Yukiatsu who was dressed as Menma...given that he has a watch and Menma's dress. It would be super creepy if he was dressing up as Menma and going in the woods though..I kind of hope I'm not right.

And wow, the episode felt like 5 minutes when I was watching it. Good shows always seem to end so fast. ;_;
Apr 28, 2011 8:44 PM

Apr 2011
I really hope that Yukiatsu can actually see Menma too like the ending of the episode suggested, that'd be really cool.
Apr 28, 2011 8:47 PM

May 2010
Went by wayyy to fast~ AnoHana<3

Yukiatsu is definitely lying. He's just being an as*hole to mess with Jinta's head.
Apr 28, 2011 8:51 PM

Oct 2010
Ousto said:
The ED single came out a few days ago, here's the full ending song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aOXKpaV44I
It's really good, but I think I still prefer the original ZONE version the best. But no matter the version, this song is always so emotional.

I thought that Jinta's dad was gay before they explained that Jinta's mom died...lol

Anaru looks great with her hair down. Her friends are jerks though, it's a shame she gives in so easily to peer pressure.

And my theory is that it's Yukiatsu who was dressed as Menma...given that he has a watch and Menma's dress. It would be super creepy if he was dressing up as Menma and going in the woods though..I kind of hope I'm not right.

And wow, the episode felt like 5 minutes when I was watching it. Good shows always seem to end so fast. ;_;

like what i felt [on Anaru] XD saved my time since u posted this XD
btw, it's a bit weird, they went for BBQ, and in the 1st part of the ep they showed Poppo peeing nearby, it's surprising they didn't realise the stench X)

RealScreamer said:
Went by wayyy to fast~ AnoHana<3

Yukiatsu is definitely lying. He's just being an as*hole to mess with Jinta's head.

but, IMO, it looks lyk he was happy he could see Menma... :x
Apr 28, 2011 8:53 PM
May 2010
yea i doubt he can see her, he's just jealous of jinta and wants to troll him :D
Apr 28, 2011 8:55 PM

May 2010
otakuhime said:

Ya think?

I honestly really believe he wants to spite Jinta and ruin him some more. But we'll see next week :)
Apr 28, 2011 8:57 PM

Oct 2010
RealScreamer said:
otakuhime said:

Ya think?

I honestly really believe he wants to spite Jinta and ruin him some more. But we'll see next week :)

*crosses fingers~* anything could happen, i mean since we don't know the storyline X)
Apr 28, 2011 9:02 PM

Nov 2007
what if they all can see Menma ... a different Menma? multiple ghosts? the bitch seemed a little better. Yukiatsku still seems really creepy. The dress, and now buying gifts for a girlfriend ... "Menma". either he's seeing his own ghost or he's pretending and is just a really weird guy.

Anjou is a bro and all but she needs to ditch the bitch friends.
Apr 28, 2011 9:09 PM

May 2010
mystik said:
what if they all can see Menma ... a different Menma? multiple ghosts?

I thought that too, but they'll all look crazy if that's the case.
Apr 28, 2011 9:25 PM

Nov 2008
Interesting episode and interesting last part.
Apr 28, 2011 9:33 PM

Feb 2011
convexity said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My favorite series this season. <3

"Menma wants to find Menma, too!"

menma cry twice in this episode that is sad :(,definitely my favorite show too.looking forward to next episode
Apr 28, 2011 9:37 PM

Jul 2010
Onii said:

wow i was thinking the exact same thing. All the facts point to this being the truth especially the ending which kinda hints at this
Apr 28, 2011 10:06 PM

Jun 2010
Her wish was to see her ghost. That ones just a little crazy, but funny. I almost wanted to cry when Menma was crying at the end. Yukiatsu is obviously lying about seeing Menma. He has to make up lies about seeing her. How sad.

Apr 28, 2011 10:07 PM

Jan 2011
Am I the only one who face palmed when Memna went running after herself at the creek? Yeah lets totally go look for myself when I'm standing right here next you guys and he apparently just saw me! Menma is so adorable even though her logic is fail.
Apr 28, 2011 10:09 PM

Jul 2007
Just got this from /a/

Apr 28, 2011 10:12 PM

Dec 2010
danieltzj said:
yea i doubt he can see her, he's just jealous of jinta and wants to troll him :D

I mean I don't like atsumu one bit but i really hope he CAN see her. Or else hes a real jackass.

Onii said:

I really doubt this although it's possible.

EDIT: omfg @ dimsumftw. That's fucking creepy now...now that you mention it..the arms are pretty manly...
RezurrektApr 28, 2011 10:16 PM

Apr 28, 2011 10:37 PM

Nov 2007
IT LOOKS LIKE PUKE ~

you would say that, menma... smh. but aaahhh, they're all having a barbecue together. ; 3 ; i love poppo for bringing them altogether -- i see him as jintan's right-hand man after all. jintan's incapable of leading the busters right now, so poppo's doing the job for him. i love their relationship so much. ;///////;

also, jintan keeps on blushing whenever he sees anaru... i thought he liked menma. @ A @

Onii said:

.....oh my god, i really hope you're not being serious??? L M F A O. just laughing my ass off rn, i'm sorry.

dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

............wait. HOLY SHIT?????
Apr 28, 2011 10:43 PM

Jan 2011
Oh man...this is pretty creepy. So far it looks like he blames Jinata for causing her death and he's gonna troll him badass, and then screw with him. Since it seemed to me he had a crush on Menma as well or cross-dressing might be his way of dealing with Menma's death. This show is so interesting and emotional! I can't wait for next week man.
Apr 28, 2011 10:47 PM

Oct 2010
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

wow... o.o *hurries to watch that scene again...*

---

whoa!!! it's real!! yukiatsu might really b d menma poppo saw... =.='
and i was hoping he was not kidding.. =.=
Apr 28, 2011 10:59 PM

Aug 2009
You got to be shitting me..

Like seriously..

This is one of the shows I HATE waiting every week for..
This show is MAD GOOD!! You never really know what happens next, and TO TOP IT ALL OFF, they dont even give a next episode preview..

They dont even have a manga for me to cheat off of!!! XDD

This is gonna be a long ass week...
ImNotLulexiaaApr 28, 2011 11:07 PM
Apr 28, 2011 10:59 PM

Jan 2010
This show is really doing a good job with the character drama. It seems like everyone is affected in different ways and they're all definitely emotionally scarred.

This whole ordeal with Yukiatsu dressing up as Menma really took the cake though. Then again I guess the death of a loved one can do that to you. It's about time Noitamina got a great show again and with the current pre-order rankings it looks like it will be one of the better sellers since that time slot was alloted.
Ok™
Apr 28, 2011 11:04 PM

Oct 2008
Easily the best this season.
The character interactions that drive this series just continue to entertain and amuse me.
I can't wait to see what's coming up.
Story is progressive faster than I thought it would.
Episode 3 and the Super Peace Busters are already assembled.
Thought they would play the relationship tensions a little more.

Lulexiaa said:

Like seriously..

This show is MAD GOOD!! You never really know what happens next, and TO TOP IT ALL OFF, they dont even give a next episode preview..

We got to replace Madoka Thursdays with something right?
Apr 28, 2011 11:07 PM

Aug 2009
LAST COMMENT I SWEAR!!!

..like I swear,
I honestly think Yukiatsu might be a physco! O__O

I really cant stand waiting for a new episode!! X___X
CAN YUKIATSU SEE MENMA???

I really have no idea!! X__X
He might be lying cause he cant stand the fact that Jinta was close to her.....
Apr 28, 2011 11:15 PM

Feb 2008
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

wtf ..this show just gets more interesting every episode
Lulexiaa said:

Like seriously..

They dont even have a manga for me to cheat off of!!! XDD

actually they do give a preview for every ep but its actually integrated in the ending every ep.
Apr 28, 2011 11:24 PM
Feb 2011
this anime is without a doubt ANIME OF THE SEASON! and hopefully it will be ANIME OF THE YEAR!
@dimsumftw damn that is crazy o.o
thinking back Yukiatsu is probably lying... damn......

EDIT: thinking back back... i actually believe Yukiatsu can see Menma, i believe he lied to the guys saying he saw her at the creek. he probably only did that so he can have a talk to talk to Jinta
TimesTickingApr 28, 2011 11:27 PM
Apr 28, 2011 11:30 PM

May 2009
Just remember everyone Hallucinations make you Muffins when you are out.
Apr 28, 2011 11:42 PM

Aug 2009
TimesTicking said:
this anime is without a doubt ANIME OF THE SEASON! and hopefully it will be ANIME OF THE YEAR!
@dimsumftw damn that is crazy o.o
thinking back Yukiatsu is probably lying... damn......

EDIT: thinking back back... i actually believe Yukiatsu can see Menma, i believe he lied to the guys saying he saw her at the creek. he probably only did that so he can have a talk to talk to Jinta

But that girl with the glasses was there too..
I wonder what she knows... >.>
Apr 28, 2011 11:42 PM
Nov 2008
Yukiatsu is obviously just trying to be like Jin-tan, because in his mind he wants to feel as important to Menma as Jin-tan was. He's blatantly obsessed with her.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually has a shrine in his cupboard dedicated to her, it would explain why he always follows that blue haired girl to women's accessory stores.
Apr 28, 2011 11:44 PM

Mar 2010
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

OMFG This is crazy........
Lulexiaa said:

This show is MAD GOOD!! You never really know what happens next, and TO TOP IT ALL OFF, they dont even give a next episode preview.

The preview is in the ED. just after when the flowers get coloured and fly upwards
ShinjiteApr 28, 2011 11:48 PM
My Blog: Due2Life

Apr 28, 2011 11:51 PM
Mar 2010
Tsk tsk, Yukiatsu. What a troll, and a successful one at that.
Apr 28, 2011 11:58 PM

Oct 2010
i loove this anime!! so excited for the next episode! :D
Apr 29, 2011 12:00 AM

Oct 2008
Onii said:

Mind = blown
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Apr 29, 2011 12:02 AM

Nov 2007
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

I actually feel sorry for Yukiatsu...if he really is cross-dressing as Menma, then this is kind of messed up...but quite sad at the same time...i guess the death of a loved person could do that to you & people deal with things in different ways, that's understandable, but he still needs help...i think.

Apr 29, 2011 12:09 AM

Jul 2009
Wonder if Yukiatsu is yandere or just a massive woobie.

God Anaru is so cute.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 29, 2011 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
Anaru with her hair down. WORDS CANT DESCRIBE HOW ERECT I AM.

Good episode, glad to see the quality of this show isn't showing signs of deteriorating.
Apr 29, 2011 12:50 AM

Jan 2009
And Yukiatsu takes a turn for the worse. He's buying stuff for Menma? And walks around dressed as Menma? >_> Though if it's Tsuruko walking around dressed up as Menma, that's still equally bad.
Also, Anaru with her hair down ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Damn it, I'm starting to like the ED.
OosranApr 29, 2011 3:15 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 29, 2011 12:57 AM

Sep 2007
Dear god, Yukiatsu was the most fucked up one after all and everybody thought Jin had issues.

I was actually pretty meh at this show at first but after this episode and Yukiatsu's supposed mental state, this is going up.
Apr 29, 2011 1:14 AM

Aug 2008
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

omg lol

fuck i saw the watch on the ghost at the beginning, but didn't notice Yukiatsu wearing one lol man he must have liked Menma over Jinta like Naruko liked Jinta over Menma but he took a worse trun then Naruko.
Apr 29, 2011 1:24 AM
Sep 2009
Yukiatsu just wants to be the little girl. )':

Why you hatin', MAL?
Apr 29, 2011 1:32 AM
May 2010
This episode ended too fast. I feel like I started it and then it was over. That picture with the watch is totally creepy. Great, great show so far.
Apr 29, 2011 1:33 AM
Apr 2011
I don't want to completely rule out Yukiatsu cross dressing as Menma, because there are quite a lot of obvious hints. But it does seem a little out of character.

What I think would be a much believable storyline would be if in an ironic twist, it was Yukiatsu who is having a Menma hallucination. I also think it's inevitable that he either witnessed Menma's death or had some sort of cause, the flashback that Yukiatsu had in the second episode where we saw Menma in front of a river, and we even caught a glance of her sandle in the same scene is enough proof for me.

Either way, they're certainly setting-up Yukiatasu to have clear psychological disorders. I can't wait until he finally loses himself and gets mad at Jintan for being the one that Menma loves, because towards the end of the episode when Yukiatsu told Jintan that "he's not the only one who can see Menma", there was definitely some competitiveness and jealousy at that point.

This show has so much drama, I'm in love with it.
<3 Menma
Apr 29, 2011 1:37 AM

Nov 2007
Nana-chii said:
Just remember everyone Hallucinations make you Muffins when you are out.
I want to hallucinate too >:

Oh dear, Yukiatsu is completely mad. I feel kinda bad for him, but it's really creepy too.

Another beautiful episode. I'm surprised to see them together so soon, since I thought them getting back together was Menma's wish. Suppose it's something else though. Secret Base is just an amazing song, it makes me feel like crying.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

217 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - May 12, 2011

299 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

388 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notnishiura - Apr 21, 2011

359 by NillyPC »»
Apr 21, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 14, 2011

434 by NillyPC »»
Apr 21, 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.