Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 27, 2011 9:59 PM

Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SPOILER ALERT*

What do you guys think? I think the art is pretty good but there needs to be more action. The plot is okay. The ending is the best.

Because Minato
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Apr 28, 2011 3:21 AM

Feb 2010
ok movie plot was a little bit lame but still nice to see Naruto working with his father together.
Apr 28, 2011 4:18 AM

Dec 2009
the plot was okay =) , but I agree the ending is great ..
Apr 28, 2011 4:47 AM

Sep 2008
What did Minato said at the very last moment? He said something to Naruto!!

Meh overall it was not that good. Plot was so so and i was kinda hoping more interaction between Naruto and Minato. Anyways i thought the red head girl at first was Naruto's mom but I was disappointed that wasn't the case =/
Apr 28, 2011 7:21 AM

Jan 2009
Wasn't as good as i hoped it to, back when this movie got announced i was excited bout this movie when i heard Minato was gonna be in it
Their memories getting wiped killed it for me

P.S. LEGENDARY SUPER RASENGAN LOL!
ItouikukuroApr 28, 2011 7:29 AM
Apr 28, 2011 10:58 AM

Aug 2010
It was a good movie, Naruto was acting smart and cool in it, I loved Sara, for once a main movie heroine that's likable. And the way that Minato figured out that he is going to be 4th hokage and about naruto being his son were nice, but I would've preferred if naruto and sara didn't forget each other or to be precise I would've preferred that the whole memory wipe thing didn't happen.

P.S. lol at yamato x chibi kakashi interctions
Apr 28, 2011 12:59 PM

Jul 2008
R1seAgainst said:
What did Minato said at the very last moment? He said something to Naruto!!

to me it looked like he said ''息子- Musuko''
so he knew, well, the rasengan and almost having the same chakra sort've makes it a big duh

and i thought Sara was the most bueatiful character in naruto ever
but thats just me +_+
Apr 28, 2011 1:13 PM

Jul 2009
Like every Naruto Movie, there has to be some epic rasengan type
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Apr 28, 2011 1:21 PM

Nov 2009
I am going to say something real quick about the movie compared to the other naruto movies this wasn't bad at all great ending though 7/10 maybe 8 uncertain right now
Apr 28, 2011 1:35 PM

Apr 2011
plot was ok but I enjoyed it, It was kinda rushed I think
but gotta love the legendary super rasengan :D
Apr 28, 2011 1:40 PM

Mar 2011
Naruto is pretty dense to not realize that was the 4th Hokage.. Even Yamato knew at first sight.. And this movie was.. B-A-D. It was cool to see 1min action from the 4th, but that was it!

LEGENDARY SUPER RASENGAN!
Apr 28, 2011 1:50 PM

Oct 2009
Ehhh this kinda sucked. Least favorite Naruto movie so far. 6/10
Apr 28, 2011 3:01 PM

Aug 2010
Alright movie overall for me 8/10 for me, now bring on blood prison >_<

Apr 28, 2011 5:05 PM

Dec 2010
That's true, maybe Blood Prison is going to be a lot better.

Still, Minato and Naruto, a moment of father and son, even if neither of them remember.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Apr 28, 2011 6:34 PM

Jul 2009
huMAC said:
Naruto is pretty dense to not realize that was the 4th Hokage.. Even Yamato knew at first sight.. And this movie was.. B-A-D. It was cool to see 1min action from the 4th, but that was it!

LEGENDARY SUPER RASENGAN!

naruto knew it was the 4th hokage, he said so when they first took off their masks when the princess first doubted the evilness of the one guy but minato told them not to talk about the future. he just didnt make the connection that he was his father.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Apr 28, 2011 8:32 PM

Feb 2008
the rasengan bit was a bit over the top, but that's the luxury of making a movie like this. also the kagebushi shuriken is pretty awesome too.

although naruto has matured quite a bit, he is still just a kid. the ending was cheesey but you cant really complain. this is naruto.
Apr 28, 2011 8:43 PM

Jul 2010
so this movie would sorta happen after jiriya's death and before his sage training?
anyway, i like how based on his instincts alone he was following his dad.
as for sara, she should have atleast hugged him or somthing.
and yes, every naruto movie has a new rasangen that can only be used in a one-in-a-million situation and isn't used again.
they should make a special sage mode rasangan, and i guess it would be able to be thrown too.
as for this movie, well lets just say that you experience it, and than nobody talks about it again, since everyone "forgot"

Apr 28, 2011 10:26 PM

Jan 2009
those puppet design looks just like the robots from the Darkstalkers OVA->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS9ML0CCq1U&feature=related

movie not what I expected, not bad, not great either. Feels like too little action compare to other naruto shippuden movie.
Apr 29, 2011 1:19 AM

Jan 2010
It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either....the ending was the best out of all the movies by far (at least to me)

Naruto had the idea that Minato was his father like somewhat closer to the end...im not sure when Minato figured it out, maybe when he saw Naruto use rasengan....but what about when he heard Naruto's name? didn't he read Jiraiya's book where he got the name from, or did he read that when his wife was pregnant?

Apr 29, 2011 8:49 AM

Feb 2009
The best thing this movie had to offer was the trailer. I hope I forget about this movie the same way Naruto and Minato forgot about their encounter in it.

3/10
Apr 29, 2011 6:05 PM

Sep 2008
mediocre at best....like everyone's already mentioned, while the ending was great with Minato and Naruto, the whole memory wipe was not really needed

everytime I hear that there's a naruto movie I'm always excited that this time round they won't fail to disappoint(specially with the teaser last year), yet time and time again they've been able to prove me wrong

5/10
Apr 30, 2011 1:17 AM
Aug 2008
i wanted minato to have a bigger role !!! omgg. he was barely with naruto. i wish he was more of a protagonist type character, but it was cool anyways. lol i thought that sara was naruto's mom when i first saw her appear. i was getting all excited like .. OHH SO THATS HOW THEY MET. ahahaha ahh yeah. just a movie. :] the battle scenes weren't all that intense, but the fact that minato appeared made up for it xP <3
Apr 30, 2011 2:23 AM

Jun 2008
the only reason i watched this was because i wanted to see minato. lots of opportunity to improve but overall not tat great.. wish there is more character interaction.
Apr 30, 2011 9:18 AM

Aug 2010
I disliked it. the action this movie has to offer isn't over a grand total of 10 minutes. even the fights weren't all that great. He just kept summoning a bunshin, did a standard rasengan (once a rase shuriken but it failed horribly), most of the fights didn't even have music audio to set the mood, etc etc.

The story? decent but 6/10 at best. like many said, the memory wiping blew it. of course it was needed otherwise choza or other folks would recognize naruto.

and the princess didn't have a long life span so it seemed. she was what? 16-20? they went back to the future (which is 18 years later) and her daughter was there to greet them while she was no where around and she talks as if her mom died and inherited the dagger naruto once gave her.

meh, 3/10 max. I liked the previous movie a hundred times more.
May 1, 2011 3:10 AM

Jan 2009
Why everyone gave so low ranks T_T?
I hink it was great movie,not greater than previous but still great T_T
8/10
May 1, 2011 10:45 AM

Sep 2009
Wow. The trailer was definitely much better than the actual movie itself. That memory wipe thing was absolutely ridiculous. o n o Not to mention the utter lack of action throughout the movie. orz The best part was probably the scene before they returned to their own time.
May 1, 2011 10:50 AM

Apr 2011
Honestly I've got to say this was the worst movie of them all.

It's not like I greatly dislike this or something but the other movies were so much better.
This was only at one place all the time and I didn't feel like there was any progress. I was really looking forward to this when I saw the trailer, seeing Naruto and Minato work together, but sadly I've been let down pretty much. Although I do admit the new Rasengan, despite the ultra-cheesy name, is pretty awesome. Never thought Minato's chakra would be green. :P
Haruhi is Haruhi, and no one but Haruhi!

May 1, 2011 5:45 PM

Feb 2010
bskbob said:
nice to see Naruto working with his father together.

My guess is that's why they decided to do a time travel one.
And I loved how Yamato hit Kakashi over the head >:)
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

May 1, 2011 9:46 PM

Aug 2010
I will admit i was hoping for a bit more, you know some talk between Naruto and Kakashi and Naruto not being totally thick and realising that the other blonde spiky haired guy is his dad.

I mean this film was released after...

The stuff Minato said made it seem like the beginning of the film was before this.

Anyway it gets a 6 from me.

GIGA DRILLLLLLLLLL BRE RASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
May 1, 2011 11:52 PM

May 2010
7/10 pretty entertaining.
That centipede should have just jump down instead of crawling down since it can regen fast.
May 2, 2011 10:32 AM

Aug 2009
KeiranShikari said:

GIGA DRILLLLLLLLLL BRE RASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

LOL, I'm not the only one who have though of this. TTGL is everywhere 8).
6/10
Where was Minato ?... Very so so plot... but great ending.
May 2, 2011 2:59 PM
Apr 2010
As for what i had been looking forward to, this was pretty thin... through the whole movie Narto seemed to be pretty useless i know they have to build up the tension and he can’t defeat the bad guy right away but still he was pretty much a punching bag...
What i missed a lot was maybe that he would turn the tides just a little in the movie, with a fox transform (not just the chakara release but at least the facial transformation) or maybe bring back the odama rasengan which was a big deal at first since it took him 3 years to master it (between Natuto and shippuden) but he never uses it not in real series either...
What i did like was the fact that we saw Minato a little with his "shuriken kage bunshin" in extreme mode, very cool jutsu and

6/10 for me

May 2, 2011 4:12 PM

Jul 2009
Could have focused a lot more on the late Minato and the villian who shaped the entire film, but yet again, the anime storyboard decide to big up their own creation; another damzel in destress in need of a hero and direction in her life.
Kishimoto has created plenty upon plenty of characters the film makers could play around with, but no.

Still, not the worst of the Naruto movies.

May 2, 2011 5:28 PM

Oct 2009
For me it was a 6/10.

But the Kakashi person shouldn't be hanging around with those peeps at the beginning right? And shouldn't Kakashi be in despair cuz his father chose comrades over a mission and he get's bullied about it or something? Ah well i could be wrong it is already a long time ago ;P

Badges

May 2, 2011 5:50 PM

Apr 2010
9/10 for me. I thought it had a great story for a Naruto movie and I liked the animation and the feel of it. LOL when Yamato hit Kakashi. XD
May 2, 2011 5:56 PM

Jun 2009
I almost died from the sheer unbearable amount of mediocrity this thing exudes from start to finish! I hate to judge something from failed expectations and this seems to be a common trait in all Naruto movies, but watching the current arc I really couldn't help to facepalm myself all throughout this thing, as well as fast forward anything not fight related due to boredom (this thing might actually get the cake for the most obvious plot ever).

Even the fights are just bad! Where the hell are my intricate fights from the series?! Here all they do is run in, get beaten, run in again, beaten again, repeat. This kind of dumb attrition approach is NOT what makes Naruto fights cool!

Meh.... 5/10 from me. Naruto fillers continue to soil Kishimoto's good name, even when they have feature film budget to back it up.

@KazukiUchiha

"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
May 2, 2011 8:02 PM

Feb 2009
I don't see why everyone hates this. I mean sure, the plot isn't that great and the fighting scenes were okay, but what can you do? They did the greatest in everythign they could as to not ruin the actual storyline. Like if their memories weren't wiped out, Minato would know he becomes hokage, and Naruto would just bust out two clones and squish two rasengans together every episode.
May 2, 2011 8:15 PM

Jan 2009
i am kind of dieing to KNOW what Minato said to Naruto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2011 8:28 PM

Aug 2010
R1seAgainst said:
What did Minato said at the very last moment? He said something to Naruto!!/
He said Naruto's name. Somehow he knew this ninja was from the future and had a similar chakra. That's why the Super Rasengan was as powerful as it was.

I felt like for the first 1 hour and 15 minutes was naruto taking orders like he was being manipulated from behind the scenes. Also this film lacked that 'naruto spirit' that are in all his movies. In this one he was a punching bag! The only way i'll remember this movie is by the amount of times Sora "this way everybody"

The only thing i looked forward to was him meeting his father and that's it! Last 10 minutes were the only interesting scenes to me...
May 2, 2011 10:01 PM

Sep 2008
Bleh...the movie was completely bland. I thought it would be a lot more interesting with the fourth hokage and all but I guessed wrong. How many 'best' or 'super' rasengans have we encountered? Compilation probably already exist..but the movie overall was bad HURP DURp 5/10
May 3, 2011 6:13 AM

Aug 2009
The movie was bland..... Didn't get to my expectations.

5/10

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
May 3, 2011 6:35 AM

Apr 2008
Imho, this is the best Naruto movie out of them all.
Becaus everyone of them has been meh :P

May 3, 2011 9:25 AM
Mar 2011
heidurzo said:
I think the ending would have been a lot better if

Agreed.
I think the same.
But still, if the memories remained the future would have been changed ...

Nevertheless it was a great movie! I loved it <3 :)
May 3, 2011 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
Just one thing that I left absent from my first post simply because it seems so obvious in my opinion, but somehow people seems to think otherwise.

The way Shippuuden "the series" try to glue fillers into the storyline might make it understandable that they have to sew everything with redundancy so not to spell catastrophe with Kishimoto's story, but this is not the case at all!

Hell, they showed a glimmer of hope on the last movie (or was it the one before that?! The one with the flying fortress and stuff) when they introduced some COMPLETELY out of the scope of the original story interaction between Sasuke and Naruto. No memory wipe was used but it's not likely that something like that would happen on the continuity they are striving for.

My point is simple, why the hell do they even bother to follow it in the first place?! They have a wealth of original characters, an insane amount of plausible tangents to approach and still they get back on relying upon crap like this?! WHY?! I can kinda understand some higher ups think alternate/self contained two hour stories could alienate some of their dumb user base (the term Narutards come from somewhere after all) but it doesn't change the fact that they are just blowing away good opportunities to create worthwhile stuff.

...this coming from an industry that relies so heavy on visual novels and the whole alternate path thing makes it even bitter!
711May 3, 2011 4:37 PM
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
May 4, 2011 12:28 PM
Apr 2009
Horrible, just horrible ! Big dissapoint and worst naruto movie so fast.
May 5, 2011 12:36 AM

Apr 2011
the movie was so bad...

5\10
May 5, 2011 2:22 PM

May 2009
It was worse than I thought it would be. It amazing how they can come up with such boring villains.
May 5, 2011 7:56 PM

Sep 2007
Compared to the last few Naruto movies this was a really big let down especially after all the hype it got beforehand.
For reasons most people have already mentioned.

Also I can't believe Minato so easily deduced Naruto was from the future like, as soon as he decided to unmask himself. I mean, sure he [Naruto] needed to find out someway otherwise he'd run around madly going "WHERE AM I?!" the whole time
but making Minato the one to tell him felt unrealistic....if it was Yamato it would've made much more sense but instead he's [Yamato] MIA for most of the movie. *rolls eyes*

And like most everyone I was bummed about the memory wipe...I mean, sure I understand why a memory wipe for the people of the past makes sense but Yamato and Naruto too? Aw c'mon...there was no real danger/need to erase theirs too. Boo.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 6, 2011 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
4/10 was very bad

i guess the main problem was the city of rouran was massive with all those towers and there were only 10 rouran civilians who sara saved = lazy IMO
May 6, 2011 1:38 PM

Sep 2009
Every Naruto movie end with a special rasengan :D
Sad that Rasen Shuriken didn't work.
The memory-wipe thing shouldn't have happen!
And i hope that there will be more Naruto-Minato interaction because i was looking forward to it so much (also more Naruto-miniKakashi interaction).
If there is going to be memory-wipe, they should have talk since it wouldn't change the history :(

p.s. i also thought sara might be naruto's mum. lol.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Sakura the worst character in Naruto?

Nathan_B - Feb 3, 2018

6 by White_Alice »»
May 25, 2022 3:00 AM

» HD subbed?

Zealot - Apr 28, 2011

10 by SeanKent »»
Dec 8, 2011 6:02 PM

» Naruto Shippoden movie 4! ( 1 2 )

ArtimesGamer - Mar 25, 2010

55 by Markr24 »»
Apr 28, 2011 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.