MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Steins;Gate »» Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

212 63.47%
4 out of 5: Liked it

81 24.25%
3 out of 5: It was OK

39 11.68%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.60%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 334

04-30-11, 7:07 AM

Wasabi said:
Am I the only one that's continuously getting infuriated at the dialogue? It feels like they could omit a lot of the ridiculous banter between the characters for some actual plot instead. I'm going to facepalm if the ending ends up getting rushed because they were too busy making Okabe and Kurisu constantly yelling at each other.

You're not the only one. But I feel the two of us are the only ones. :/

2 min - plot development
3 min - random
3 min - OP + ED
15 min - gratuitous, forced comedy

That's the reason why I'm dropping this show. After this episode I was, like, what the hell did I just watch? The progress they've done could be summarized in two sentences... if you're wordy. The "banter" is cringeworthy and not amusing at all... I'm more interested in the plot. Unfortunately, I don't have time and stamina to suffer through "building relationships".

04-30-11, 7:34 AM

Nice episode. Pacing was slower in this episode, but dialogs are entertaining to hear. Duturu~

Foreshadows and its reveal is very smoothly flowing. I can see a lot complexity in its plot. I like it.

04-30-11, 9:33 AM

Dhuaine said:
Wasabi said:
Am I the only one that's continuously getting infuriated at the dialogue? It feels like they could omit a lot of the ridiculous banter between the characters for some actual plot instead. I'm going to facepalm if the ending ends up getting rushed because they were too busy making Okabe and Kurisu constantly yelling at each other.

You're not the only one. But I feel the two of us are the only ones. :/

2 min - plot development
3 min - random
3 min - OP + ED
15 min - gratuitous, forced comedy

That's the reason why I'm dropping this show. After this episode I was, like, what the hell did I just watch? The progress they've done could be summarized in two sentences... if you're wordy. The "banter" is cringeworthy and not amusing at all... I'm more interested in the plot. Unfortunately, I don't have time and stamina to suffer through "building relationships".

yes dudes! drop it, we'll be glad to help you to even forget it. (^___________^)
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.

04-30-11, 10:56 AM

Spoiler for Chaos;Head ahead
Modified by Ovindel, 05-01-11, 2:13 PM

04-30-11, 1:17 PM

So far, so great! I'm loving every single moment of this, Okarin x Kurisu interaction -for some, forced comedy- is hilarious. Especially Okarin is the best aspect of the show. They know how to create such an uplifting, refreshing protagonist. The plot keeps getting thicker and there are many mysteries to be solved. It's my best show of the spring season.

04-30-11, 7:56 PM

LOL at Daru's underwear.
Things are coming along nicely, I wonder what Amane meant when she said she's a soldier. I have a bad feeling about her.

05-01-11, 6:25 AM

3.5/5, but voted liked... but in terms of words was more of an OK episode to me I guess, although they DID found the IBN 5100 pretty fast, this week's episode seemed to be a bit slow and no cliffhanger :( :p

05-01-11, 6:58 AM

I shouldn't have started watching this show, it's only been about 5 mins since I watched this episode and I already can't wait for the next episode, it's killing me. This would have been the perfect show for a marathon.

05-01-11, 7:03 AM

Interesting developments! Nice to see they actually got the computer already. Looking forward to them "meeting" Titor and going after that organisation.

05-01-11, 1:50 PM

Riga92 said:
Epic quote of the day: "The universe is like Daru - infinitely expanding"

Indeed epic quote. Couldn't stop laughing.

We had some character building in this episode and i think it was nice because the characters were kind of distant. They got the computer so can't wait to see revelations in the next episode.

05-01-11, 5:33 PM

It was an entertaining episode, but other than that I'd have to say that it was fairly bland. :U

05-02-11, 2:05 AM

Great episode, I'm glad Kurisutina is back, I really like her character. I wonder if Okabe ends up as being John Titor, would be a nice twist. 5/5, can hardly wait for the next part!

05-02-11, 2:39 AM

Monad said:
Riga92 said:

Indeed epic quote. Couldn't stop laughing.

We had some character building in this episode and i think it was nice because the characters were kind of distant. They got the computer so can't wait to see revelations in the next episode.

I also couldn't stop laughing. The humor in this show is great.

05-02-11, 10:40 AM

Every great group has at least one skeptic. So I guess Makise Kurisu is the skeptic.

Makise Kurisu... she is surprisingly a well-designed female character lead , even if she lacks any moe-kyun. Kurisu is attractive enough for me to ignore her constant frenemy banter with Okarin/HOUOUIN KYOUMA. This episode, the banter was kind of nice at times.

I was afraid we'd never see the Miko shrine priestess once again. Not only did we see Ruka, but he/she entrapped another unaware person into the deadly bait. Okarin probably had to smack himself from laughing at Kurisu like a mad scientist. Other times, he just seems to burst out in random spurts of "MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!" These are stylistic choices I definitely appreciate. Investigating the craziest theories of science... requires the craziest minds (and one level-headed character).

Despite episode 4 being a build-up episode, I was entertained. Though I hope we can get down to the crazy scientific stuff next time - I'm eagerly waiting for Okarin's conspiracy theories to come true. Time-travel or bust, I say.

05-02-11, 8:21 PM

this show will surely develop into the greatest story ever

05-03-11, 11:39 AM

Pretty interesting episode despite the slowness. The mystery part is really well handled.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

05-04-11, 9:08 PM

Oosran said:
Panaru said:
Bio said:
I'm still interested in the plot, but I feel like the characters' eroge origins showed through a little strong in this episode. A few too many moe mannerisms for my liking. It's not really interfering with the progression yet, though.
Correct me if I'm wrong but they don't have eroge origins. They have visual novel origins. There's a difference.
It kind of annoys me how people automatically think "eroge" whenever "visual novel" is mentioned.
And for that matter, Steins;Gate is not an eroge, it's a good ol' visual novel. Just sayin'.

Apologies for the mistake, but it's not like my confusion was just because of the visual novel label. I'm aware that not all visual novels are eroge. I've played some of Umineko, myself. In this case, though, my whole complaint was because a lot of the dialogue came across to me as character flags and there's a lot of unnecessary moe elements. I'm left more confused by these elements if the original intent wasn't to titillate.

05-07-11, 8:23 AM

I'm really loving the characters and their interactions in this show.

Christiiiiina~

5/5

05-09-11, 7:30 PM

I still support Okarin with the trap. :O

05-30-11, 4:33 PM

saxophone15 said:

A lot of Kurisu time in this episode. It looks like she's going to stick around now.

I'm looking forward to when "SERN" starts to track them down.

Same here.

Riga92 said:

Yeah, that's more than epic O.O

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices