Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 25, 2011 1:28 PM
Dec 2007
Worst case scenario:
Minko likes Toru. Yuina likes Toru. Toru falls for Ohana. Ohana likes Kou. Kou likes Ohana back.

AND DRAMA ENSUES - boo freaking hoo.

Which is why NAKO is the best.
Apr 25, 2011 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
Nice episode, but I have a funny feeling that the love triangle that has formed is going to have a bad end. They usually do but here's hoping that I'm wrong.
Apr 25, 2011 1:38 PM

Oct 2007
geezer said:
Worst case scenario:
Minko likes Toru. Yuina likes Toru. Toru falls for Ohana. Ohana likes Kou. Kou likes Ohana back.

AND DRAMA ENSUES - boo freaking hoo.

Which is why NAKO is the best.
Worst case scenario:
Nako has feeling for Ohana, Nako has feeling for Minko.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 25, 2011 2:18 PM

Nov 2007
why was she so scared of a bird and thought it belonged in a zoo? maybe cause her hair looks like a birds nest? she still hadn't replied to Kou, even a greeting? well that's not very nice. new girl is with Toru, too bad for Minko. Minko will just have to go off and SPARKLE with Ohana and Nako. SPARKLE!
Apr 25, 2011 3:09 PM

Jan 2011
mystik said:
why was she so scared of a bird and thought it belonged in a zoo? maybe cause her hair looks like a birds nest? she still hadn't replied to Kou, even a greeting? well that's not very nice. new girl is with Toru, too bad for Minko. Minko will just have to go off and SPARKLE with Ohana and Nako. SPARKLE!

Ohana grew up in Tokyo... She's afraid of wildlife, because she's never seen it before.
Sort of like how the Danish are afraid of nature because their country is all flat. ;D
Ohana is Danish. It all makes sense!
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Apr 25, 2011 3:37 PM

Apr 2010
I love this show more and more with each episode. Ohana has got to be the cutest character ever. Minko needs to stop being such a bitch, >_< although i did feel rather sorry for her at the end.
Apr 25, 2011 4:08 PM
Oct 2010
watch the scene that starts at 3:50 of the first episode, then watch the bonbori scene again.
Ohana:-Lights flicker on, one by one, illuminating my path. I hope they also light the way to my future. And I hope that, at the end of the path, I'll have changed for the better.

i just thought that line was pretty crucial to understand the bonbori scene.
Apr 25, 2011 4:54 PM

Oct 2009
Is it me or does the Grey heron give the vibe of an animal that knows exactly what is going on with everybody externally and internally? The Grey Heron is the hero of the story. Also, I think the last scene where the Grey heron goes after Ohana was like in saying "Don't follow Minko, let her be alone for a while" and blocking her pathway
Apr 25, 2011 5:23 PM

Dec 2008
Minko is popular with the guys? Are they all masochists?
Apr 25, 2011 5:30 PM

Jan 2011
Just because she looks like Kurumi doesn't mean she will act like Kurumi...or does it? Is she only after Toru because of his abilities as a cook? Is Yuina's mother the real villain? And just what is Minko's back story? Can't wait for next week to find out.

Is it just because I'm in Greece this week that most of the online subs were blocked out, or did this happen in North America as well?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 25, 2011 5:33 PM

Jan 2011
Villetta_Nu said:
Minko is popular with the guys? Are they all masochists?

Judging by how popular tsundere characters are in anime, the answer is yes!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 25, 2011 6:40 PM

Apr 2010
Oh yeah! Tsundere!
Apr 25, 2011 7:21 PM

Aug 2008
Minko's popularity came as a bit of a surprise. I can see why Yuina is popular... not her though.
Apr 25, 2011 8:33 PM

Feb 2011
To me it looks like Tohru's kind of oblivious to Minko's feelings, which is sad. I'm actually not a big fan of the pairing, but it would be horrible for Minko having her heart crushed, especially considering how much she's into the guy. I wonder what Ohana would do to assist Minko from now on...

On a side note, as some of you have mentioned I feel rather bad for Kou not having his message answered. =(
Apr 25, 2011 8:36 PM

Jan 2009
I don't see why someone who comes off as a total bitch would be so popular in school (aka Minko) -_-
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Apr 25, 2011 8:45 PM

Jun 2010
loved this episode..
Poor Minchi.. and Tohru with a high school girl? It's uhmm... Well, it might actually work
Apr 25, 2011 8:58 PM
Aug 2009
The grey heron was a pro troll. Ouch for michi at the end and I'm waiting some development between Ko and Ohana.
Apr 25, 2011 11:21 PM

Jan 2011
It's obvious that the grey heron is was introduced to take over Ohana's place as main character.

Apr 26, 2011 1:07 AM

Aug 2010
5/5 episodes, when it ended I was like what? It's already over? No way!

Poor Die-chan's chances are looking slim, I wonder how it will all turn out. For some reason, I like the girl almost as much as Ohana. Speaking of her... she is really taking long to reply to a message ( it's totally not like I'm waiting for a message for 3 days now too). The class reaction was hilarious, it really caught me off guard. Really want the next episode...

Edit: And how could I have forgotten the special guest star grey heron! Truly entertaining scenes.
Apr 26, 2011 2:28 AM

Jan 2008
:V
Apr 26, 2011 5:08 AM

Jan 2011
My friend thought a heron was some sort of stork, which apparently is a common mistake, and it reminded me of this:

Now we know! The heron is Ohana's real father! He was just trying to reunite with her.
Apr 26, 2011 5:26 AM

Jul 2009
Loved this episode! It was better than last weeks fanservice fest anyway.

The heron is going to murder the cast.
Apr 26, 2011 7:59 AM

Oct 2010
5/5 will this series ever cease to amaze me?
Apr 26, 2011 9:15 AM
Apr 2010
HOLY **** that high school is extreme LOL
Apr 26, 2011 9:42 AM

Sep 2010
Minchi is awesome in this episode...... :D
Apr 26, 2011 9:51 AM

Feb 2011
new semester starting
new romance route start too
but looks like will end badly
Apr 26, 2011 12:37 PM

Feb 2011
Im dying to know the name of that song 'lets party', anyway im predicting Minchis little love triangle is just a misunderstanding or somthing she will challenge that girl and admit her feelings then it will just turn out they are brother and sister or somthing...but who knows
Apr 26, 2011 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode! Funny stuff, but also some drama. Ohana introducing herself was funny: "I'm from Toky-- WAAAAAH!" xD

Hopefully it won't turn out to be some cheap love triangle indeed though.
Oh yes, and Grey Heron sees all. Ohana being afraid of it was great to see! xD

Apr 26, 2011 12:47 PM

Jun 2007
Noo Minchi is sad. See him pick up a girl was so balut. Go Minchi i support you beat that Rich girl. And ohana's foe is the heron lol. Anyways loved this episode cant wait for NeXT episode * comforts Minchi*
Apr 26, 2011 2:47 PM

Sep 2010
and drama is back. IMO nice rebound from the last episode
tsunderes personalities = instant affection
more physical violence and urusais are preferred

Apr 26, 2011 4:35 PM

Jun 2008
Why does it feel like this show has gone from "Good Drama" in the first two episodes to "Crazy and slightly stupid Slice-of-Life" in the last two? Am I the only one that feels that way? I practically facepalmed when all the girls ran up to Ohana to ask her about Tokyo. And of course she's dense enough to not figure out who Minko likes. And then Minko overreacts, right on cue.
Apr 26, 2011 5:30 PM

Apr 2010
I think I'm starting to like Yuina better than Minchi....
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
Apr 26, 2011 6:46 PM

Oct 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
I practically facepalmed when all the girls ran up to Ohana to ask her about Tokyo. And of course she's dense enough to not figure out who Minko likes.

Well say if you came from SF or NY and than you moved to a small town. Wouldn't some people be excited and ask someone from a big city a lot of questions. Idk, I live in SF.

It is also called being Oblivious. Like me!
Apr 26, 2011 9:25 PM
Dec 2008
wow im starting to love this anime
ohana and the bird was funny
hope it gets better and better!
Apr 27, 2011 3:48 AM

Jan 2011
Redfoxoffire said:
Why does it feel like this show has gone from "Good Drama" in the first two episodes to "Crazy and slightly stupid Slice-of-Life" in the last two? Am I the only one that feels that way?

You're not a majority at least.
Most of us felt like that after the 3rd episode, but the 4th more than made up for it.
Apr 27, 2011 6:54 AM
Apr 2011
Why is everyone obssessed with the bird? I don't get it.

I'm more interested in how Yuina develops. I also get the vibe that she isn't as simple as she first appears, and perhaps is the "antagonist" of the show, so to speak. However, if we look at the OP, we see that Yuina and Nako are waiting on the train for Ohana, both smiling. So wouldn't that mean that they really are friends?

hmm...
Apr 27, 2011 11:51 AM

Jun 2009
That last scene with Minchi and Ohana was funny haha. And Im not surprised that Minchi likes Tohru, it was pretty obvious.

Apr 27, 2011 12:06 PM

Dec 2010
LOL at one of her classmates

"I'm probably using up my lifetime's worth of good luck."

Funny ass minor characters.

I thought Minko was describing Ohana for a second...but realized it couldn't be it. Low and behold, she was actually describing Tohru.

But Yuina took him. Damnit.

Apr 27, 2011 10:37 PM

Jun 2008
Scul said:
Redfoxoffire said:
I practically facepalmed when all the girls ran up to Ohana to ask her about Tokyo. And of course she's dense enough to not figure out who Minko likes.

Well say if you came from SF or NY and than you moved to a small town. Wouldn't some people be excited and ask someone from a big city a lot of questions. Idk, I live in SF.

It is also called being Oblivious. Like me!

I live in a small town. If someone from SF or NY moved in, I would not even bat an eyelid. I might ask them about it casually if they happened to sit next to me or something, but that's the most of it. And that's probably how most people would react.

DesolateOne said:
LOL at one of her classmates

"I'm probably using up my lifetime's worth of good luck."

Ah, right, I found that part pretty fucking pathetic, too. Specifically when he said something like, "the most popular girls in school are in our class."
Apr 27, 2011 10:37 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Poor Minko, but I prefer her to be single. ;]

Apr 27, 2011 10:48 PM
Jan 2011
I absolutely adore Ohana. She made me watch this show. I feel that she is the only character that I like, but the recent developments with Nako have made me like her a lot more too. Minchi is just........no. I feel that they made her a little bit more likable after Ohana's confrontation, but she's just TOO tsun tsun. She's such an over-the-top tsundere that it makes me want to tear her head off. Hopefully they can make Ohana get through to her in these next couple of episodes.

Oh, and Yuina smiles too much from her face and not enough from her eyes to not be evil. Just sayin.
Apr 28, 2011 4:12 AM
Jul 2010
Ok, this episode was damn good so I'll just pretend episode 3 wasn't there and keep enjoying this show.

I expect some development on the rivalry between the Fukuya and Kissui inns. Yuina's grandma seems a lot like Ohana's.
Apr 28, 2011 11:46 AM

Nov 2008
They might of said it already, but how old is Tooru exactly. At first I really thought he would fall for Ohana, but I guess that went out the window. I know its a simple way of thinking, but I thought it'd be interesting. I do feel bad for Minko-san though, she seems to really like him. Hopefully its not what they think, but who knows, he did mention her though, so there might be something there.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 28, 2011 11:53 AM

Jan 2011
SephiriAzure said:
They might of said it already, but how old is Tooru exactly. At first I really thought he would fall for Ohana, but I guess that went out the window. I know its a simple way of thinking, but I thought it'd be interesting. I do feel bad for Minko-san though, she seems to really like him. Hopefully its not what they think, but who knows, he did mention her though, so there might be something there.

He's working there as a chef. And becoming a professional chef doesn't happen over night.
So I'd say he's in his early 20's.
Either way it's sort of awkward to think of him with a 16 year old girl.

EDIT: Checked the official website, he's 23.
http://www.hanasakuiroha.jp/chara/tooru.html
Apr 28, 2011 2:10 PM

Jan 2011
Wonderful episode.
Apr 28, 2011 4:09 PM

Nov 2009
Really pissed that some people didn't put spoilers about Yuina. Anyways, i am fine with triangles anyways. Awesome episode though, i am the few that like the school atmosphere.

Was empathizing with Ohana when she was trying to send the text- i do that all the time for worthless texts.
Apr 29, 2011 3:16 AM

Jan 2011
helur said:
Really pissed that some people didn't put spoilers about Yuina. Anyways, i am fine with triangles anyways. Awesome episode though, i am the few that like the school atmosphere.

Was empathizing with Ohana when she was trying to send the text- i do that all the time for worthless texts.

This is the thread for discussing the 4th episode after we've seen it. Why would we need spoilers?
Apr 29, 2011 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
Another wonderful episode~♥

I wholeheartedly ship Minko x Tooru. In fact, I was kinda expecting it to hint something with both since I knew them.

… It’s a totally breaker Yuina had to appear there with him. It surely isn’t what it seemed, though. I wonder what it was, then. Talking about Yuina, I’m surprised it is Tomatsu Haruka who is voicing her. Doesn’t sound at all like her other roles.

… Am I the only one who thinks Yuina’s grandma looks younger than Ohana’s even thought their inn has been around for longer time…? I find it odd.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Apr 29, 2011 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
- Tomoe is fantastic, haha.
- Poor Minchi.
- I wonder if Tohru and Yuina are dating or anything. Hm.
Apr 30, 2011 3:56 AM

Aug 2009
THAT FUCKING BIRD.

God, it's creepy.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.