Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2011 11:43 AM

Jun 2008
Iilia said:

Anyone else feel like they were watching Fullmetal Alchemist with people spitting fire and drawing transmutation circles all over the place?

I think it gives a little of FMA feeling in general. But that can't be bad considering how awesome FMA:B was.
This episode was a big level up from the first one. Really awesome staff. A 5/5 episode definitely. I didn't expect the big bad guy making his appearance so soon but it was awesome. Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

Anyway this looks like it may finally be the new awesome big shounen i was looking for, Fairy Tail is mediocre, Beelzebub is kind of repetitive and has no interesting plot, Sket Dance has no plot ether, Gintama has no plot ether, all the last three are just comedic attempts, after FMA:B i was really just stuck with only the classic big three as the best i could see. Now i hope this one really doesn't disappoint me after this promising start. I am kind of afraid though because i don't like very much the school academy idea i saw on the preview, am getting sick of school settings.
Apr 24, 2011 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
I'm liking the animation a lot, almost perfect adaption from manga, satan and mephisto are awesome, I just like those kinds of characters. Looking forward for more epicness.
Apr 24, 2011 11:47 AM

Nov 2007
Lightyear8684 said:

Apparently his mother died when giving birth to them, so what's why, I may be wrong though, each episode is intriguing, though it sucks to wait a week for one episode.

So that's it? I understand that she died when giving birth to them, and that 's the reason Satan mentioned it? ok... Thanks.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 24, 2011 11:54 AM
Mar 2010
The OP is verry good its awesume but the ED is less good

the episode was sad but good :D im waiting on next episode :D
Apr 24, 2011 11:55 AM

Mar 2011
great episode! this anime has a lot of potential. the ending before the ED was sad.
Apr 24, 2011 12:03 PM

May 2010
Monad said:

Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

There is a reason. It should be revealed later.
Apr 24, 2011 12:23 PM

Jun 2009
Episode 2 of Ao no Exorcist had many emotions it left me breathless, speechless for a couple of minutes there. It might be different from the manga but who cares. This one is total win. IT had BIGGER IMPACT and the impression it leave i different when I read chapter 1. The fight scene didn't fail too.

Apr 24, 2011 12:23 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I still think they shouldn't have made an anime of it yet since there isn't any rly desicive arc there so I bet they'll just improvise again and that shows from the different routes they take to actually reach to the same point in those 2 first epis ~
It always kinda saddens and pisses me off when they change the manga for no reason (though I guess here , they needed to add more for screentime ?) but at least the major scenes are there so I'm fine with it <:

Can't wait to see Yukio in the next epi \o/
Apr 24, 2011 12:31 PM

Dec 2007
Looks good so far. The plot is a bit unoriginal if you ask me, but I still enjoyed watching it.

I think the ED is ok. The OP song is awesome (as any other UVERworld's) but I'm a bit disappointed with the animation. I mean I was expecting monsters jumping, explosions and key characters shown. Instead I got 80 secs of the main char just walking and 10 secs of actually showing people.

Yep, I'm an openings maniac :)
LamboApr 24, 2011 12:35 PM
Reality...
is what we make it to be.

Apr 24, 2011 12:41 PM

Mar 2010
Another good episode following the first. The development was about the only thing that illustrated the video in a good light. OP theme is pretty good, I'll have to admit. On another note, I was actually surprised with the varying emotions in this episode. Very, very good second episode. Looking forward to the next!
Apr 24, 2011 12:44 PM
Sep 2008
IceAndCream said:
Monad said:

Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

There is a reason. It should be revealed later.

Yeah. Fujimoto's death is so much worse following the reveal...
Apr 24, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2009
And with this, the best part of the story ends. Generic shounen show #9000 starts next week.
Apr 24, 2011 1:12 PM

Jun 2010
Woah, what is this normal kids in the next episode who know about everything that's happening. I wonder if the other brother knows anything that is happening or are they going to tell him in the next episode?

Apr 24, 2011 1:17 PM

Jun 2009
Monad said:
Iilia said:

Anyone else feel like they were watching Fullmetal Alchemist with people spitting fire and drawing transmutation circles all over the place?

I think it gives a little of FMA feeling in general. But that can't be bad considering how awesome FMA:B was.
This episode was a big level up from the first one. Really awesome staff. A 5/5 episode definitely. I didn't expect the big bad guy making his appearance so soon but it was awesome. Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

Anyway this looks like it may finally be the new awesome big shounen i was looking for, Fairy Tail is mediocre, Beelzebub is kind of repetitive and has no interesting plot, Sket Dance has no plot ether, Gintama has no plot ether, all the last three are just comedic attempts, after FMA:B i was really just stuck with only the classic big three as the best i could see. Now i hope this one really doesn't disappoint me after this promising start. I am kind of afraid though because i don't like very much the school academy idea i saw on the preview, am getting sick of school settings.

thats cause the old man had every second all under contral and didnt letted satan take over when rin said do never act as my father again
blow him a lil of course and he letted the guard down cause rin was his weak point and hearing that from the beloved son was like a knife too his heart soo understandeble
Apr 24, 2011 1:26 PM

Dec 2007
This was an awesome episode. Satan is an idiot.

Also, the ED sucks.
Apr 24, 2011 1:38 PM

Feb 2010
The opening could've been a lot better
(considering I just watched Deadman Wonderland right before this) but whatevs. It's just an opening.

The rest of the episode went along real nice, especially the part where Rin released his demon powers. The BGM playing there really pulled my heartstrings Dx
I can't wait for next week though. We finally get to see Suguro and his gang.
UGH.
So much love for them.

<3
Apr 24, 2011 1:47 PM

May 2009
Better than the first episode. Really liked this. The soundtrack and animation impressed me.
Apr 24, 2011 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
THIS is for clueless people who think that Ao and Fma has something in common.... for your concern and benefit let me tell you that in REAL life there are exorcists and they do use circles like those seen in the episode to drove out demons, so it is not something borrowed from another show( don't get me wrong I too loved FMA)....it is the real thing

i don't know nothing about the manga so I'm expecting the next episode!!!! this was awesome!!!!
Apr 24, 2011 2:01 PM

Aug 2010
My favorite show of the season by far this show is awesome.
Apr 24, 2011 2:09 PM

Nov 2008
Wow things just got even more interesting! But I was not expecting the Reverend to die so soon. Still it makes things more dramatic.
Apr 24, 2011 2:17 PM

Oct 2007
I guess I am the only one who facepalm while watching this show. So far this show has nothing but eyecandy.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 24, 2011 2:17 PM

Aug 2010
Seems like I'll be able to enjoy this.

Apr 24, 2011 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
Siva said:
I guess I am the only one who facepalm while watching this show. So far this show has nothing but eyecandy.

They haven't really done anything groundbreaking but it beats the hell out of most (maybe DmW is the only exception) of the shows for this season.
Anyways things looks interesting for the next episode, looking forward to it.
huh?
Apr 24, 2011 2:36 PM

Sep 2008
Animation=fapfapfapfap

About the FMA resemblance, really? At most I got D gray man; either way awesome shounen is awesome. I can't wait for next weeks episode.
Apr 24, 2011 2:49 PM

Jun 2009
That was such a sad episode. I think its even sadder in the anime than the manga. The OP was nice, but a bit plain I guess? I thought they weren't going to show Mephitso Pheles but glad they did. I just love him.

Apr 24, 2011 2:54 PM

Apr 2010
UVERworld has usually great song as openings for animes, but this is somehow lamer...Well maybe as time times flow I will like it...
This episode was great ^^ "You can call daddy" lol Satan is sure a pure comic...
... Kamiya as Mephisto is priceless :D...He really know how to play with his voice :D...
Apr 24, 2011 3:10 PM

Jan 2010
Eh. Not bad, but they could have tried a bit harder. The way it is, I really didn't feel much of anything while watching this. Except maybe a little homo vibe from Meth-hatter, he creeps me the hell out.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 24, 2011 3:36 PM

Dec 2009
I fucking love the opening !

one of my favourite anime this season ^^

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Apr 24, 2011 3:39 PM

May 2009
Monad said:
Iilia said:

This show is only gonna be 24-26 episodes long, so I wouldn't say it's the next big shounen title. About the other shows mentioned: the Beelzebub manga has plot, a quite good and funny one, but the anime creators really don't want to give it justice. Gintama is a comedy show, sure, but it has a plot too, and there are some serious, totally shounen-ish arcs with fighting and stuff as well. I heard the same about Sket Dance too.

And be prepared, the whole Ao no Exorcist story will be taking place at the academy, if the manga is anything to go by.
Apr 24, 2011 3:42 PM

Jul 2008
Another good episode, don't really like the opening but whatever.
Apr 24, 2011 3:42 PM

Aug 2010
Great animation, this is how shonens should ALWAYS air.
Kind of sad there was an FMA:B movie preview, made me miss the animee.
Apr 24, 2011 3:48 PM

Feb 2011
Epic episode FTW
And, did you see FMA?! FUCK YEAH!!!

Apr 24, 2011 3:57 PM

Jan 2011
Well, I somehow sensed the slap, but didn't sense when Satan was taking over the Reverend's body.
anyways, I think I'm the only one who wants the umbrella of that purple haired guy right after the ED..
oh well,
lol Rin has to go to school (wasn't expecting that now was he.. LOL)
HakoshiApr 24, 2011 4:02 PM
Apr 24, 2011 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
Lol
Begining just like in Naruto >>-Gaara and Naruto`s history
Op was cool ^^
and rest of episode>too many fillers X_x
Are they gonna make it the same as Beelzebub?80 % of fillers >>?
Apr 24, 2011 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
Awesome start, really sad, and death two episodes in, but thats what makes this anime exciting so far. Can't wait for more
Apr 24, 2011 4:02 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome ep! give me more!:P

Apr 24, 2011 4:09 PM

Apr 2007
the anime adaption is really great but what suprised me even more is the background music of this show! great orchestra! i love it xD its been a long time since i watched an anime that i am reading as manga^^
"Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me. Believe in me, who believes in you!"
Apr 24, 2011 4:13 PM

Aug 2010
That was pretty cool.

Mephisto Pheles = Mephistopheles, a devil himself in folklore.
Apr 24, 2011 4:35 PM

Jan 2009
Oh
and it reminds me :
FMA+DGM+Naruto...
Apr 24, 2011 4:42 PM
Jan 2011
Where the hell do people see Naruto or FMA. I can see DGM but seriously.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 24, 2011 4:48 PM

Oct 2010
oh this is so great, i love these type of settings.
Apr 24, 2011 4:48 PM

May 2009
prismheart said:
That was pretty cool.

Mephisto Pheles = Mephistopheles, a devil himself in folklore.

Maybe that suggests something about his true identity?
Apr 24, 2011 4:50 PM

Aug 2010
I just love this show, the scene in the church was so sad but I understand it had to be done. I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 24, 2011 5:07 PM

Jan 2009
IndexFanboy214 said:

Fma on this circle spell and Naruto>scene with I`m not a demon and his loneliness and swaying swing >>
Apr 24, 2011 5:10 PM
Jan 2011
pati43 said:
IndexFanboy214 said:

Fma on this circle spell and Naruto>scene with I`m not a demon and his loneliness and swaying swing >>

circle spell =/= alchemy. Its magic.

Naruto is not the only show with characters that have evil inside them.

Power of Satan >>> fukin nine tails.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 24, 2011 5:10 PM

Jul 2009
*Glad others saw the FMA commercial, hope you're all looking forward to it!*

I'm hoping this story pulls off something interesting, as incorporating Satan makes our main the potential anti-Christ; this can be a lot to live up to. If it were a no-name demon created by the author, possibilities would be endless, yet now, a standard has been set.
I wish the writer good luck!

What I like is the fact that Yukio and Rin are polar opposites yet both importiant, dispite Yukio being weak, it seems clear he isn't going to fade into the background; I'm interested in what his role will be.

Turning Rin into a permenent demon also proved a step in the right direction; hopefully it stays and does become a fancy, temporaray transformation used in emmergencies, as this is common.

The above are things I enjoy about this series, it's quirky and brave, so far, 10/10.
The below are things I'm finding cliche; tried and tested shounen scenario's many writers fall into the trap of incorporting...
- The Dad's death was far too predictable; what shounen wants an old timer amungst youths doing great things?
- Another predictable element was the introduction of an eccentric, creative character, they're common in anime now.
- Something else that's becoming popular is the absent, pivitol parent we're all hoping to get to know.

Apr 24, 2011 5:14 PM

Apr 2008
Eh... The episode was fine until the end at the funeral.
That ridiculous guy showed up out of nowhere in a moment that should be sad and serious, it just doesn't fit. :/ Mixing up 2 moments with such different emotions was a really poor decision.
And I'm very very very tired of Mad Hatter kind of characters.
Apr 24, 2011 5:17 PM

Jan 2009
Oh and of COURSE FMA-2 brothers...
Apr 24, 2011 5:24 PM

Sep 2009
(No one else here got the Mameshiba commercial? D: Mameshiba is awesome!)

So this episode concludes the first chapter of the manga. I see that they added a TON of scenes in-between, but it's been done really well so far, so I definitely can't complain. Mmm, nicely-animated fight scenes :3.

Also, the CGI (I'm pretty sure it was CGI) for the Gehenna Gate was really nicely done. It looked as creepy as it should, and it didn't seem too out of place amongst the traditional animation.

Still love Accelerator-Rin. And Kamiya is doing a great job, as always. I knew they were right when they chose him to be Mephisto Pheles :D

What's with all the hate against the ED? It might not really fit with AnE, but I think it's still a pretty nice song :/. Maybe I only feel that way because I often listen to K-Pop.
Apr 24, 2011 5:31 PM

Aug 2008
the opening song don't really match with the opening itself :S

omg, what a episode! I didn't really expected Rin to make such a decision :O

this is going to be interesting! :D <3

IndexFanboy214 said:

me too! I only see DGM in here, well, the gate and the circle things now reminds me of FMA but when I was watching, I didn't really thought of FMA... But I can see the comercial of FMA XD

next episode is going to be soul eater-like! XD
KuriniApr 24, 2011 5:54 PM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - Jun 19, 2011

201 by Seraschi »»
Mar 15, 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.