Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2011 7:04 AM

Nov 2008
zeando34 said:
Hakkuei said:
Hahahaha that first scene, so fucking cliché. I lost count how many times I saw this in an anime...
it made me think: fullnaruto alchemist '_'

generic angst.
Apr 26, 2011 8:09 AM

Aug 2009
So the representative of the Exorcists' Order is called Mephisto Pheles and is a dandy. >.<
Anyway, liked the episode. 4/5
Apr 26, 2011 8:30 AM

Jul 2009
Snowley said:
zeando34 said:
Hakkuei said:
Hahahaha that first scene, so fucking cliché. I lost count how many times I saw this in an anime...
it made me think: fullnaruto alchemist '_'

generic angst.

Son of Satan going to an exorcists school. This has Soul Eater written all over it.
Apr 26, 2011 8:38 AM

Sep 2008
doordoor123 said:

Son of Satan going to an exorcists school. This has Soul Eater written all over it.

Horror themes mesh with the action genre far too well.
Apr 26, 2011 9:33 AM

Mar 2009
Op. was perfect.
Finally Mephisto enters ^^
Apr 26, 2011 12:27 PM

Feb 2011
Despite some familiar scenes (the whole battle in the church made we think of Naruto and FMA) I'm really getting into this. Satan's appearance was creepy to no end, and Rin's reaction to his "father's" death brought me to the verge of tears.

I am a little concerned as to where this is going with the intro of this exorcist school. I hope it doesn't deviate from the tone that's already been established. Pheles looks interesting though.
Apr 26, 2011 12:34 PM

Jun 2007
Go Rin!!! wondering if it will go the same as the manga for the first couple of episodes. The blue flame of zaataan. Mephisto is funny. Anyways off to school they go. I forget when the meet the shy quiet girl. Imspacing on her name at the moment.
Apr 26, 2011 1:14 PM

Apr 2011
Another great episode. Rin will get his revenge and kill Satan.
Apr 26, 2011 1:52 PM

Jun 2007
Hikarusuke said:
Another great episode. Rin will get his revenge and kill Satan.
sure probably near the end but the the big four will appear to stop Rin lol
Apr 26, 2011 3:49 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was amazing T_T although I read the manga and knew what was gonna happen in the end, watching Shirou die made me very sad :(
Other than that, I'm loving Mephisto's voice!!! It suits him so much XD
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (ಠ_ಠ)

Apr 26, 2011 4:00 PM
Apr 2011
Loved the episode! Also, Uverworld is awesome.

I want actual reasons as to why people think the ED is shit. It might be out of place for this episode, but so were a lot of Bleach's EDs (dark terrible deep shit ending... "HAPPY PEEEOPLE~")
Apr 26, 2011 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
Felt like a great 25 minute movie to me. I was looking forward to having the priest stay a little bit longer. Oh well, lets see what school has for our little demon!
Apr 26, 2011 6:00 PM
Nov 2009
How recently did this episode come out? D: I don't think I'll be able to wait long for the next one...
Apr 26, 2011 6:18 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was pretty damn good. This series looks like it's going to be quite promising. I just pray it doesn't turn into some school Harem thing from what I saw in the preview for episode 3..
Apr 26, 2011 7:04 PM

Jan 2010
Zeroflamez said:
This episode was pretty damn good. This series looks like it's going to be quite promising. I just pray it doesn't turn into some school Harem thing from what I saw in the preview for episode 3..

There is no way that could happen because this is shounen, there are ALWAYS a greater number of boy characters to girl characters. They're always stronger too.

I'm glad that the episode really fleshed out Rin's relationship with his father, I felt so sad for him when he flashbacked to the part where Reverend said that he wasn't a demon ;_;
Apr 26, 2011 7:31 PM
Apr 2011
Benevolance said:
I wish they followed the manga better

Then don't watch the anime. Keep reading the manga.
Apr 26, 2011 8:29 PM

Nov 2010
That was amazing, on hell of a fight.
Apr 26, 2011 9:30 PM
May 2010
tsubasalover said:
W
I don't understand the part about his mother... why Satan mentioned about Father's body, and his mother's, not going to last long...

*coughs* Well, you do know that Satan fathered Rin, and well, that technically means that Rin's mom and him did 'that'. By 'that', I mean sex.

Now, since Reverend Fujimoto couldn't stand Satan's powers during possession, the same could happen during intercourse or if Satan used some sort of underworld-derived power to impregnate her. Or something.

I actually think Ao no Exorcist is better than usual generic shounen. For one, the animation-style is top-notch. One of the best this season, actually (Initially, I'd thought Deadman Wonderland would outshine it). The OP song was just pure, unadulterated SMEX. Loved the thing to bits... The ED though... :/ I'm not exactly sure what to think of it.

At first I thought there was no possible way for it to be better than the manga, but the director really knows his shit. I'm glad the other exorcists in the church were given some exposure too (unlike in the manga where they somehow mysteriously disappeared in the midst of the action).
are-kusuApr 26, 2011 9:39 PM
Apr 27, 2011 2:38 AM

Jul 2009
I Hate so much the ending song ~
i hope they change it because some KPOP LOVERS HATE WHEN THE KOREAN SONG TRANSLATED IN JAPAN LANGUAGE ~

....... I HATE IT SO MUCH THE ENDING SONG .......

BUT STILL I LOVE THE STORY ♥♥♥♥
Apr 27, 2011 4:16 AM

Apr 2009
This episode was just so touching. :3
Apr 27, 2011 4:20 AM

Nov 2007
Fucken Effen Epesode.

This just became my favourite anime of the season. Too bad I am not following [gg]. I am happy being a couple of days late. Both Katana-subs (saw episode 1 from them) and WoodBridge (episode 2) have brilliant translations. There is no point of ruining another series following [gg].
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 27, 2011 5:14 AM
Apr 2011
Even though they didn't follow the manga I think they did a good job. All they really did was add a few running scenes and some extra exorcisms. Frankly I think it did well to add some intensity to the episode and got me really interested in the method of fighting where you recite biblical lines.

tl;dr this show is my new fmab
Apr 27, 2011 6:26 AM

Aug 2010
Apr 27, 2011 11:44 AM

Jul 2010
Boomedan said:

tl;dr this show is my new fmab

this.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 27, 2011 12:44 PM

Dec 2010
Holy fucking shit at the beginning.. did Shiratori just punch that metal shed thing like it was cardboard? Did he really get hit by a fucking truck? LOL

Really action-y this episode was. After credits was pretty interesting too. That new guy Pheles reminds me of that other dude from the show C.

Did his brother just hold up a pistol??

Finally the ball gets rolling.

Apr 27, 2011 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
I thought Pheles Mephisto would be the Millennium Earl when I saw the trailer. It seems though, he will be on the good side. But time will tell :D
Coronavirus.
Apr 27, 2011 3:49 PM

Aug 2010
DesolateOne said:
That new guy Pheles reminds me of that other dude from the show C.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Seems we just discovered another one of Pheles' brother and he's working in another show LOL

It's weird to have two "Mad-Hatter-like" characters (I didn't know what to call them) in the same season XD
SoraKuroApr 27, 2011 4:16 PM
Apr 27, 2011 4:09 PM

Jan 2010
damn Okamoto Nobuhiko (Rin's seiyuu) can scream really hard that was shocking *awesome*
and Maphisto's laugh wahahahahaha I <3 him xD

My first time to get so emotional in a shounen anime, I mean in an anime I've never shed a tear for an anime (it's not real ya know)
but the way Rin cried when Fujimoto (his dad to-be) dead was just so....EPIC!! 5/5!!

The Opening/not bad
The Ending/awesome
makawakoApr 27, 2011 4:25 PM
Apr 27, 2011 4:59 PM

Nov 2007
ahh Mephistopheles seems awesome and like a real demon himself. wicked voice actor. ending was the best part. I love characters like this guy.
Apr 27, 2011 6:54 PM
Aug 2010
This episode was freakin amazing. o_o I loved Satans laugh, though, but when Rin whispered "Daddy" my tear ducts just exploded. xD I could not stop crying~~ And that guy at the end-- the one in the white-- he is super hilarious.

I cannot wait for the rest of the series.
Apr 27, 2011 7:22 PM

Apr 2010
its nice to see a show that isnt blatently demonizing religions... so far this show is looking great

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Apr 27, 2011 7:30 PM
Apr 2011
you can find episodes 1 and 2 English subbed torrents at http://www.horriblesubs.org/ they will also be releasing the episodes as they air
Apr 27, 2011 9:23 PM

Apr 2010
Well judging by the commercials and the air date I am guessing this took Star Drivers time slot. XD Great episode but I don't really like the first two episodes, not because they are bad just because it has that anime take off feeling in the start until it gets really good. Story wise it is a great anime so far and I love the voice acting because Accelerator is one of my fav Characters <3. The music by UVERworld was great also. 4/5
Apr 27, 2011 11:05 PM

Jul 2010
it's too bad Fujiwara-san played another awesome character again that died a memorable and a VERY MOVING death. and he have to, twice before, w/ FMA and FMA:B >.<
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 27, 2011 11:33 PM

Aug 2008
This episode is so much better than the previous.
It's a pity the reverend had to die. I like him as a father figure.
Apr 28, 2011 12:35 AM
Apr 2011
Remonalx said:
you can find episodes 1 and 2 English subbed torrents at http://www.horriblesubs.org/ they will also be releasing the episodes as they air

Unless they speed up their releases for this show I'm sticking with Woodbridge.

That's probably not going to happen though since they steal from Crunchyroll. Eh, they're good for basically everything else I watch.
Apr 28, 2011 12:36 AM

Nov 2007
darkerealm said:
This episode is so much better than the previous.
It's a pity the reverend had to die. I like him as a father figure.

I knew it would come to this.
AmberFebruary said:
it's too bad Fujiwara-san played another awesome character again that died a memorable and a VERY MOVING death. and he have to, twice before, w/ FMA and FMA:B >.<

Indeed. The Brigadier General made me cry too.

I was so sad when he sat down and wept as he whispered 'dad'. Next episode is going to be characters introduction.

Great shounen anime come with a lot of deaths which make them amazing, not because of the characters dying there, but the way they accept/face death. /me points at Gintama/D.Gray-man/InuYasha/Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood/Gurren Lagann/Yu Yu Hakusho/Rurouni Kenshin. :')

Boomedan said:
Remonalx said:

Unless they speed up their releases for this show I'm sticking with Woodbridge.

That's probably not going to happen though since they steal from Crunchyroll. Eh, they're good for basically everything else I watch.

I am sticking with them too. very good release of first couple of episodes. Worth the single day or two wait, unlike certain speedsubbing group.
Coronavirus.
Apr 28, 2011 9:50 AM

Oct 2008
I like where this show is going,
a needed addition to the fantasy anime pool
[complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [urinating dog]
Apr 28, 2011 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
After first episode I was intrigued. Now, after the second I'm amazed.
Awesome!

When Rin was crying it was so touching... I cried too xD

Cannot wait for the next episodes!
Apr 28, 2011 10:19 AM

May 2008
Damn, the ending was so sad ;_;

I like Uverworld's opening song, but the ending is a little too much~
Apr 28, 2011 4:37 PM
Apr 2011
This episode was way better then the first..
Apr 28, 2011 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
OMG, they killed Holland....
Apr 28, 2011 6:25 PM

Sep 2008
betsuni78 said:

Noooooooooooooo!
Apr 28, 2011 7:21 PM
Jan 2011
Gangler said:
betsuni78 said:

Noooooooooooooo!

Saved to favorites
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 28, 2011 7:34 PM

Mar 2009
FujiKei, why must this always happen to you?
Apr 28, 2011 8:10 PM
Jan 2009
I can't believe it ended there. His demonic form wasn't so bad and I loved the epilogue of him and the joker guy (forgot his name) who by the way looks like a demon himself. I kind of thought it would go into him privately training or just exorcising demons after this point, not go to an actual school. I didn't expect to see high school like drama--I hope there isn't. Anyway, what is his brother going to do now?
Apr 28, 2011 9:49 PM

Jul 2010
Mormegil said:
FujiKei, why must this always happen to you?

this.

yeah, he always played awesome characters that die. >.<
Apr 28, 2011 11:57 PM

May 2010
Great episode, great anime! :)
Apr 29, 2011 8:55 AM

Oct 2007
Quite liked this episode, plus point was the animation for me. I follow K-Pop but I thought the ED was pretty.. crap.

One thing that I hope someone can help me out with is.. does anyone know if the background piano-ish music that plays when Rin has those flashbacks (peaking when he drew the sword) is an actual piece of music by someone? It's been running through my head the whole day and I'd love to know if it's not just BGM. *crosses fingers*

"I'll be waiting in the future." - Chiaki Mamiya
Apr 29, 2011 11:24 AM

Jul 2007
Siva said:
I guess I am the only one who facepalm while watching this show. So far this show has nothing but eyecandy.

Not a facepalm, but still a hope that this series is only 26 eps. I actually get more of a Soul Eater feel from all this than FMA. And all the powers and weird monsters jumping out of nowhere wasn't anything impressive yet.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - Jun 19, 2011

201 by Seraschi »»
Mar 15, 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.