Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2011 1:24 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
nice animation and damn his step father (the priest/exorcist) sacrifice himself but Rin/Accelerator is now an exorcist though

the opening music song is nicely done and it sounds like uverworld band sing it

P.S. ive watched the episode on KeyHoleTV for those who are wondering, and also for FMA Brotherhood fans Lust will be on the movie as shown on the commercial brake
degApr 24, 2011 1:45 AM
Apr 24, 2011 1:33 AM

Jul 2010
Huh? unexpectedly interesting.
5/5

OP=not bad

ED=shit
zimnoApr 24, 2011 2:00 AM
Apr 24, 2011 2:41 AM

Nov 2007
When Satan got control of Father is scary, but he sacrificed himself to stop Satan inside his body...

I don't like neither OP nor ED (OP is rap? and ED is typical K-Pop sung in Japanese)... Actually, OP is ok, better than ED.

AHHH~~ Kamiya-san's role appears!

Oh, and TBS also airs the same time as MBS for this anime (though I decided not to watch live anymore beginning this time, I watched live last week, so I know). Personally thinks that TBS has higher quality than MBS.

I don't understand the part about his mother... why Satan mentioned about Father's body, and his mother's, not going to last long...
tsubasaloverApr 24, 2011 11:45 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 24, 2011 4:42 AM

Jun 2009
there are soo many stuff that wasnt in the manga and sadly te grave scene is soo bushed it should be slower in the anime it was sooo touching and now its just done

but still i love it and mephisto is here omoshiroi;)
Apr 24, 2011 6:40 AM

Dec 2009
This is a sad episode.

Apr 24, 2011 7:56 AM

Feb 2011
doesn't matter much, but i think they could have done a little better for the opening and ending, like this it looks almost like they made them in a rush

now to watch the episode

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 24, 2011 8:08 AM

Jun 2009
i liked the op and ending
Apr 24, 2011 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
Oh, a bunch of rotting dogs. Cute.
And UVERworld doesn't disappoint, great.
Wow, what a wonderful dad Satan is. Hell, he seems like a fun dude to hang around with.
And the ED still isn't very impressive, but I guess it's not like that's the most important part of a show.

Anyway, I think I'll like this show. It already seems a hell lot better than the previous 3-4 shounen shows.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 24, 2011 9:42 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
love this anime
Apr 24, 2011 9:56 AM

May 2010
Liked it so far. Reverend Fujimoto's death was indeed sad. :(
Anyway, the ending scene with another Mad Hatter (one from [C] ) is interesting.
And also, Uverworld delivers again!!
StormViruzApr 24, 2011 10:00 AM
Apr 24, 2011 10:31 AM
Jan 2011
Fukin amazing 5/5
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 24, 2011 10:35 AM

Sep 2009
The Gate definitely looked awkward with its more realistic style but this was still an epic episode.

Spiffy op too.
Apr 24, 2011 10:38 AM

Mar 2010
although i have read the manga the ending was so sad :(

zimno said:

ED=shit

no it's not.. the song is pretty enjoyable.
LylaazApr 24, 2011 10:46 AM
Apr 24, 2011 10:47 AM

Feb 2009
Epic episode and again I still say that this is the best new anime show of the spring. The way Rin's Dad gets killed left me seechless in how epic it was done and the whole scene in the end in the cemetery was amazing.This episode from the beginning till the end had me on the edge of my seat, like the first episode. The only cons I found where the ED song which I didn't like and the OP which was average. BTW next episode looks to be very promising.
Apr 24, 2011 11:00 AM
Jul 2010
tsubasalover said:
When Satan got control of Father is scary, but he sacrificed himself to stop Satan inside his body...

I don't like neither OP nor ED (OP is rap? and ED is typical K-Pop sung in Japanese)... Actually, OP is ok, better than ED.

Oh, and TBS also airs the same time as MBS for this anime (though I decided not to watch live anymore beginning this time, I watched live last week, so I know). Personally thinks that TBS has higher quality than MBS.

I don't understand the part about his mother... why Satan mentioned about Father's body, and his mother's, not going to be long...

Apparently his mother died when giving birth to them, so what's why, I may be wrong though, each episode is intriguing, though it sucks to wait a week for one episode.
Apr 24, 2011 11:15 AM

Apr 2007
Even though I love the theme, I really liked the characters, and I rather enjoyed episode 1, I found this one rather disappointing. The OP was not as exciting as I expected from this kind of series (and it even had UVERworld!) the action was somewhat boring, and the Reverend's death was so anti-climatic that I was a bit surprised that he had actually died. Maybe this is my expectations ruining my experience again.

I won't stop watching, and this is still one of the better series for the season, but somewhat, this could have been... More.
Apr 24, 2011 11:15 AM

Nov 2010
4 Words: Best. New. Anime. Ever.
Apr 24, 2011 11:21 AM

Jul 2010
tsubasalover said:
And it was freaking amazing.

This episode was awesome; loved every minute of it. The son of Satan is going to kick Satan's ass, eh? That's just too funny. And I love how when he gets this sword he should never unsheath, the first thing he does with it is unsheath it. XD

Anyone else feel like they were watching Fullmetal Alchemist with people spitting fire and drawing transmutation circles all over the place?

Also, the OST for this show is already incredible. And I don't see anything wrong with the OP/ED either. They sound fine to me.
Apr 24, 2011 11:30 AM

Dec 2010
just a lil' bit different from the manga but still really good, ED sucks, OP is ok.
looks like the show is finally starting for real
Apr 24, 2011 11:37 AM

Jan 2011
I see that this episode had very good animation, and the CGI parts were awesome. Not to mention the soundtrack, which fitted every scene perfectly. Also, it's nice to see that the producers added extra action scenes that weren't in the manga, making the story even better. The OP and ED are decent, but nothing special. So far, this looks like it's going to be a great show.
Apr 24, 2011 11:43 AM

Jun 2008
Iilia said:

Anyone else feel like they were watching Fullmetal Alchemist with people spitting fire and drawing transmutation circles all over the place?

I think it gives a little of FMA feeling in general. But that can't be bad considering how awesome FMA:B was.
This episode was a big level up from the first one. Really awesome staff. A 5/5 episode definitely. I didn't expect the big bad guy making his appearance so soon but it was awesome. Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

Anyway this looks like it may finally be the new awesome big shounen i was looking for, Fairy Tail is mediocre, Beelzebub is kind of repetitive and has no interesting plot, Sket Dance has no plot ether, Gintama has no plot ether, all the last three are just comedic attempts, after FMA:B i was really just stuck with only the classic big three as the best i could see. Now i hope this one really doesn't disappoint me after this promising start. I am kind of afraid though because i don't like very much the school academy idea i saw on the preview, am getting sick of school settings.
Apr 24, 2011 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
I'm liking the animation a lot, almost perfect adaption from manga, satan and mephisto are awesome, I just like those kinds of characters. Looking forward for more epicness.
Apr 24, 2011 11:47 AM

Nov 2007
Lightyear8684 said:

Apparently his mother died when giving birth to them, so what's why, I may be wrong though, each episode is intriguing, though it sucks to wait a week for one episode.

So that's it? I understand that she died when giving birth to them, and that 's the reason Satan mentioned it? ok... Thanks.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 24, 2011 11:54 AM
Mar 2010
The OP is verry good its awesume but the ED is less good

the episode was sad but good :D im waiting on next episode :D
Apr 24, 2011 11:55 AM

Mar 2011
great episode! this anime has a lot of potential. the ending before the ED was sad.
Apr 24, 2011 12:03 PM

May 2010
Monad said:

Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

There is a reason. It should be revealed later.
Apr 24, 2011 12:23 PM

Jun 2009
Episode 2 of Ao no Exorcist had many emotions it left me breathless, speechless for a couple of minutes there. It might be different from the manga but who cares. This one is total win. IT had BIGGER IMPACT and the impression it leave i different when I read chapter 1. The fight scene didn't fail too.

Apr 24, 2011 12:23 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I still think they shouldn't have made an anime of it yet since there isn't any rly desicive arc there so I bet they'll just improvise again and that shows from the different routes they take to actually reach to the same point in those 2 first epis ~
It always kinda saddens and pisses me off when they change the manga for no reason (though I guess here , they needed to add more for screentime ?) but at least the major scenes are there so I'm fine with it <:

Can't wait to see Yukio in the next epi \o/
Apr 24, 2011 12:31 PM

Dec 2007
Looks good so far. The plot is a bit unoriginal if you ask me, but I still enjoyed watching it.

I think the ED is ok. The OP song is awesome (as any other UVERworld's) but I'm a bit disappointed with the animation. I mean I was expecting monsters jumping, explosions and key characters shown. Instead I got 80 secs of the main char just walking and 10 secs of actually showing people.

Yep, I'm an openings maniac :)
LamboApr 24, 2011 12:35 PM
Reality...
is what we make it to be.

Apr 24, 2011 12:41 PM

Mar 2010
Another good episode following the first. The development was about the only thing that illustrated the video in a good light. OP theme is pretty good, I'll have to admit. On another note, I was actually surprised with the varying emotions in this episode. Very, very good second episode. Looking forward to the next!
Apr 24, 2011 12:44 PM
Sep 2008
IceAndCream said:
Monad said:

Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

There is a reason. It should be revealed later.

Yeah. Fujimoto's death is so much worse following the reveal...
Apr 24, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2009
And with this, the best part of the story ends. Generic shounen show #9000 starts next week.
Apr 24, 2011 1:12 PM

Jun 2010
Woah, what is this normal kids in the next episode who know about everything that's happening. I wonder if the other brother knows anything that is happening or are they going to tell him in the next episode?

Apr 24, 2011 1:17 PM

Jun 2009
Monad said:
Iilia said:

I think it gives a little of FMA feeling in general. But that can't be bad considering how awesome FMA:B was.
This episode was a big level up from the first one. Really awesome staff. A 5/5 episode definitely. I didn't expect the big bad guy making his appearance so soon but it was awesome. Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

Anyway this looks like it may finally be the new awesome big shounen i was looking for, Fairy Tail is mediocre, Beelzebub is kind of repetitive and has no interesting plot, Sket Dance has no plot ether, Gintama has no plot ether, all the last three are just comedic attempts, after FMA:B i was really just stuck with only the classic big three as the best i could see. Now i hope this one really doesn't disappoint me after this promising start. I am kind of afraid though because i don't like very much the school academy idea i saw on the preview, am getting sick of school settings.

thats cause the old man had every second all under contral and didnt letted satan take over when rin said do never act as my father again
blow him a lil of course and he letted the guard down cause rin was his weak point and hearing that from the beloved son was like a knife too his heart soo understandeble
Apr 24, 2011 1:26 PM

Dec 2007
This was an awesome episode. Satan is an idiot.

Also, the ED sucks.
Apr 24, 2011 1:38 PM

Feb 2010
The opening could've been a lot better
(considering I just watched Deadman Wonderland right before this) but whatevs. It's just an opening.

The rest of the episode went along real nice, especially the part where Rin released his demon powers. The BGM playing there really pulled my heartstrings Dx
I can't wait for next week though. We finally get to see Suguro and his gang.
UGH.
So much love for them.

<3
Apr 24, 2011 1:47 PM

May 2009
Better than the first episode. Really liked this. The soundtrack and animation impressed me.
Apr 24, 2011 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
THIS is for clueless people who think that Ao and Fma has something in common.... for your concern and benefit let me tell you that in REAL life there are exorcists and they do use circles like those seen in the episode to drove out demons, so it is not something borrowed from another show( don't get me wrong I too loved FMA)....it is the real thing

i don't know nothing about the manga so I'm expecting the next episode!!!! this was awesome!!!!
Apr 24, 2011 2:01 PM

Aug 2010
My favorite show of the season by far this show is awesome.
Apr 24, 2011 2:09 PM

Nov 2008
Wow things just got even more interesting! But I was not expecting the Reverend to die so soon. Still it makes things more dramatic.
Apr 24, 2011 2:17 PM

Oct 2007
I guess I am the only one who facepalm while watching this show. So far this show has nothing but eyecandy.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 24, 2011 2:17 PM

Aug 2010
Seems like I'll be able to enjoy this.

Apr 24, 2011 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
Siva said:
I guess I am the only one who facepalm while watching this show. So far this show has nothing but eyecandy.

They haven't really done anything groundbreaking but it beats the hell out of most (maybe DmW is the only exception) of the shows for this season.
Anyways things looks interesting for the next episode, looking forward to it.
huh?
Apr 24, 2011 2:36 PM

Sep 2008
Animation=fapfapfapfap

About the FMA resemblance, really? At most I got D gray man; either way awesome shounen is awesome. I can't wait for next weeks episode.
Apr 24, 2011 2:49 PM

Jun 2009
That was such a sad episode. I think its even sadder in the anime than the manga. The OP was nice, but a bit plain I guess? I thought they weren't going to show Mephitso Pheles but glad they did. I just love him.

Apr 24, 2011 2:54 PM

Apr 2010
UVERworld has usually great song as openings for animes, but this is somehow lamer...Well maybe as time times flow I will like it...
This episode was great ^^ "You can call daddy" lol Satan is sure a pure comic...
... Kamiya as Mephisto is priceless :D...He really know how to play with his voice :D...
Apr 24, 2011 3:10 PM

Jan 2010
Eh. Not bad, but they could have tried a bit harder. The way it is, I really didn't feel much of anything while watching this. Except maybe a little homo vibe from Meth-hatter, he creeps me the hell out.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 24, 2011 3:36 PM

Dec 2009
I fucking love the opening !

one of my favourite anime this season ^^

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Apr 24, 2011 3:39 PM

May 2009
Monad said:
Iilia said:

This show is only gonna be 24-26 episodes long, so I wouldn't say it's the next big shounen title. About the other shows mentioned: the Beelzebub manga has plot, a quite good and funny one, but the anime creators really don't want to give it justice. Gintama is a comedy show, sure, but it has a plot too, and there are some serious, totally shounen-ish arcs with fighting and stuff as well. I heard the same about Sket Dance too.

And be prepared, the whole Ao no Exorcist story will be taking place at the academy, if the manga is anything to go by.
Apr 24, 2011 3:42 PM

Jul 2008
Another good episode, don't really like the opening but whatever.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - Jun 19, 2011

201 by Seraschi »»
Mar 15, 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.