MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Deadman Wonderland Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (5) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »
Poll: Deadman Wonderland Episode 2 Discussion


04-24-11, 12:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2826
Nice episode.This anime is getting more and more interesting.

Looking forward for the next episode.

 
04-24-11, 12:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3824
This shit is pretty disturbing. Some of those trap things made me cringe a bit.
 
04-24-11, 1:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 742
Wow, that's a nice OP. And yeah, like most manga readers have said, they totally skipped a significant character .__. Oh well, they probably can't get to that arc in just 12 episodes anyway (unless they decide to have sequels)
 
04-24-11, 1:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 87
I have not read the manga so I am not so disappointed by this.

But now I have an urge to read the manga... Damn you all :P
 
04-24-11, 2:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 734
Great Episode. I can't decide if I want to go find out what Shiro is on the internet and spoil it for myself or if I should wait. I REALLY want to know KNOW!
 
04-24-11, 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2755
since it is only 12 show i'm not really suprised that they already skipping character and plot lines still i'm a little disapointed because azumi was a important side character in the manga....
 
04-24-11, 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 673
Goodness, I almost fell from my seat.
Awesome OP.
 
04-24-11, 2:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 677
Nice OP, a bit annoyed however at the censoring. I really want to read this manga now lol.
Seen around 1200 anime, I'm just a very shitty updater.
 
04-24-11, 3:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 237
Anpan anpan anpan! Ah, that was horrible. Ah, blood blood blood.

Man, Shiro is awesome. I am really really tempted to cosplay her, she looks so rad. Hmm.

Ah, this show is excellent.
 
04-24-11, 5:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 69
The OP is awesome!

And Senji next ep!!!! It really is gonna start at episode 3.
And the whole dog race was a lot more gory in the manga. You really see the guy in pieces
 
04-24-11, 6:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2499
Visiting that park and seeing attractions, it might be fun for some. But for those who understand the reality, it might be horrific.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

 
04-24-11, 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1694
This episode is so creepy, but I like it. Plus, awesome OP!



 
04-24-11, 7:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 45
Haven't loved an OP so much since death note..

The episode was good. I hope the story will elevate quicker from now on though :D
 
04-24-11, 7:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
OMG, this can't be done by Manglobe, animation was awful o.o

where is Azami?

...

dog race and Ganta's emotions was portrayed very bad in this episode.

welcome The Sacred Blackshit 2.0 TT__TT
 
04-24-11, 7:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1920
So damn creepy. This could easily be a horror movie, shit. I don't know why people would pay to watch stuff like that, but it seems like they think it's special effects. Shiro was bloody awesome too.

As for the cut character, I'm sure it must be disappointing for you guys but keep in mind this is only 12 eps. Also, such shows rarely get sequels. Maybe this way, they'll have more time to wrap up the arc they want to animate neatly.
 
04-24-11, 8:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 272
THAT OP......that the best i saw this season!!
If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
 
04-24-11, 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 484
pretty good, better than the first. 5/5
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

 
04-24-11, 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 923
I love the soundtracks in deadman wonderland :) and the opening is fine
 
04-24-11, 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 12805
I don't think it was better than the first but still very good. I expected that those games wouldn't be some innocent safe staff but they really are a killing machine considering only 1 or two persons survive at the end.
I'm kind of wondering how the hell aren't they running out of prisoners like that? If just one game kills 50 or something then what the hell?

Shiro really went out of her way to protect him but i wonder if she has some brain damage with the way she acts all the time. She didn't seem to care at all if he will save her or not while she was falling to her death and no matter what, she always react in that happy smiley way.
 
04-24-11, 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 28
omg, that opening, love it, nuff' said.

so this was a fairly good episode but like everyone already said: it sucks that they messed with the storyline and erased an entire character(Azami), hopefully they will find a way to intruduce her later.

and I think this is going to get really rushed, like they'll try and squese in the entire storyline in 12 episodes (wich sounds kinda impossible), cuz right now it doesn't look like we'll get a second season.

btw it's just a feeling but I think they'll be skiping more characters -.-
 
04-24-11, 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2
I want to see less censorship and less manga plot deviation. I know those are both far off dreams since it's only going to be 12 episodes and they don't want to get sued or anything, but they should start thinking about a second season and release an uncensored version )':

On a brighter note, WHO'S EXCITED TO SEE MY BBY SENJI NEXT SATURDAY? AWWW YEAH
Modified by eheroin, 04-24-11, 12:23 PM
 
04-24-11, 1:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1081
It seems like they censored what happened if you fell in the pit. It's obvious, but gorey gore is violent. ;D

I'm guessing Ganta will survive in the next day somehow though.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
 
04-24-11, 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 183
That place is sick! And I wonder how many died of those who didn't reach the final goal? It seemed pretty painful even if they survived.

The show hasn't bored me yet, so I'm still looking forward to what comes next.
 
04-24-11, 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 753
The Censors are not that bad, is not like they are covering the whole screen... they darken a little bit the scene but is not as it completely out view (like some scenes of HotD).
Anyways good episode but I'm a little worried as it shown as a 12 episodes anime... hopefully this wont have some kinda of rush/slap-together ending ^^
huh?
 
04-24-11, 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 625
i smell something epic in this show .. it's extremely amazing , i give it a 10 already .. pretty much remind me og gantz ..
CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE ^O^
 
04-24-11, 2:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 625
oh, i forgot to say .. the op theme is fitting the anime 100% , and the song is great .. i wish i could find the single .. i'm repeating it like 10 times now ^O^
 
04-24-11, 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 158
Very good episode :D
Nice action,and blood xDD
And OP is great <3
 
04-24-11, 3:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1609
OK
Nice OP
It was a bit boring the next ep should be better. Finally, Block G.

But where is Azami? OK. You can let go now but later she is necessary. I can't imagine the Anime without her ...
 
04-24-11, 4:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 306
That.place.is.wrong
WTF, how can people think that poeple getting shot and bleeding and being cut in half be a freaking 'special effect'??! Even if it was a special effect, i would not enjoy watching people end up like that. Well, the anime has a setting of a fked up world. So yea.
I am enjoying how the story goes and how much Ganta is tiring to live.
 
04-24-11, 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1609
So... even if people knew the truth they would probably still be watching this crazy show ,because they are prisoners so people think they deserve it.
 
04-24-11, 5:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 198
Nice ep. Ended too abruptly though

G Block next episode <3
 
04-24-11, 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 223
cguercin said:
Hmm okay I loved the OP and the music all around, its one of this animes strong suits

While I am slightly disappointed that they skipped through some moments in the manga, I suppose its necessary for the anime to get anywhere in the limited episodes they have.

Azami is really important though so I hope they find a different way to introduce her.

Also I liked how they expanded on the past of the big thug guy, being a 6-time gold medal fighter, and beating up an actress...makes more sense as to why he was feared other than his size.

My thoughts exactly! I really hope it doesn't actually end at episode 12
4/5 for this episode.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
 
04-24-11, 7:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 145
pretty gruesome ep.

reminds me of SAW hahaa

but i am loving it :)
 
04-24-11, 8:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 176
Divinenega said:
I;m now officially worried. The episode was pretty good but anyone who's read the manga knows they essentially just wrote Azami out of the plotline in their attempt to get to the more hardcore stuff faster.

It's gonna make it awkward as hell to do a Season 2(provided the series sells) since she's half the damn reason for one of the story arcs....

On another note, damn that opening song is epic.
Definitely.. taking Azami away form this episode is going to make it hard to make her important later... i mean she is an important character and a catalyst for the series wth >_<
 
04-24-11, 8:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4213
Monad said:
I don't think it was better than the first but still very good. I expected that those games wouldn't be some innocent safe staff but they really are a killing machine considering only 1 or two persons survive at the end.
I'm kind of wondering how the hell aren't they running out of prisoners like that? If just one game kills 50 or something then what the hell?

Shiro really went out of her way to protect him but i wonder if she has some brain damage with the way she acts all the time. She didn't seem to care at all if he will save her or not while she was falling to her death and no matter what, she always react in that happy smiley way.

DW is a privately owned attraction so they probably buy out prisoners from the government or they have deals with the government to house all the prisoners. A total monopoly.

Disappointing that they removed Azami. It most likely means Manglobe doesn't intend to animate anything up to her arc and beyond and goes for an original ending.

If anybody has seen the lolcopter B rated movie Gamer with Gerard Butler, it's almost the same exact concept. In that movie, convicts are placed into a realtime FPS where citizens buy one of these convicts and control them as their "avatar".
 
04-24-11, 10:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 447
Kuro-Tenshi said:
That.place.is.wrong
WTF, how can people think that poeple getting shot and bleeding and being cut in half be a freaking 'special effect'??!


in WWE, the audience/tv viewers knew those wrestlers are actors and just using fake bloods. i guess DMW writer got that from them. (im not really good at explaining things so try to comprehend what i said) but DMW is just too extreme, maybe because its ahead of us, it is a sci-fi anime after alll
 
04-24-11, 11:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 625
^From the way the world seems to be going, the future could be just that ignorantly sadistic.
 
04-25-11, 12:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 13401
I'm loving the high animation budget for this show...as well as everything else.

The OP was awesome. Rewatched it a few times even.

Hope the anime isn't ruined by there being only 12 episodes as its one of my favourites this season.
 
04-25-11, 1:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5059
TheCbass said:
Divinenega said:
I;m now officially worried. The episode was pretty good but anyone who's read the manga knows they essentially just wrote Azami out of the plotline in their attempt to get to the more hardcore stuff faster.

It's gonna make it awkward as hell to do a Season 2(provided the series sells) since she's half the damn reason for one of the story arcs....

On another note, damn that opening song is epic.
Definitely.. taking Azami away form this episode is going to make it hard to make her important later... i mean she is an important character and a catalyst for the series wth >_<
I'd honestly be happy if they found some way to get around her part completely. Like, they could
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
04-25-11, 1:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1506
I'm actually glad that they decided to completely cut Azami. All she ever was was that stupid unnecessary character that mangaka and anime writers put in simply to be "the other girl." They always put them in just to be better able to manipulate the "romance" between the male main lead and the female main lead. In my opinion, having a support character to force drama for that purpose is just annoying and lazy. If they need to resort to that, then they're better off just removing any hint of romantic feelings between the mains.

As for this episode, I'm a little concerned on how they're going to fit any of the plot in if they spend an entire episode on just the obstacle course.

The op is great, and, speaking of the op, I'm looking forward to seeing Minatsuki.


It looks like they also included a minor spoiler for her.
 
04-25-11, 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2071
All that trouble for nothing. Well, not nothing. He did grow up during the race, so to speak.
 
04-25-11, 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12692
5layer said:
I'm loving the high animation budget for this show...as well as everything else.

The OP was awesome. Rewatched it a few times even.

Hope the anime isn't ruined by there being only 12 episodes as its one of my favourites this season.


I'm 100% sure it's going to be ruined by the anime original ending. Such a sad thing, the orignal content was so good, could have been adapted so nicely.

hi
 
04-25-11, 2:56 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2624
I miss the "Dog Race" it was interesting but too bad Azami wasn't there ! T_T
 
04-25-11, 4:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 37
Wasabi said:

Disappointing that they removed Azami. It most likely means Manglobe doesn't intend to animate anything up to her arc and beyond and goes for an original ending.


I really hope they won't.

Either they are going to rush the plot in the next episodes to fit the whole series in 12 episodes which is really just stupid(the pace is good at the moment) or they are really going for an original ending...
(major spoiler)


But oh well could mean anything.
Modified by SmthAwful, 04-25-11, 4:20 AM
 
04-25-11, 8:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5093
meh.

Deviation-fest from manga already started this early on. We didn't see Azami. We didn't see Ganta snapping and fighting back. We didn't see Ganta's ingenuity at figuring out the pattern of the game.

I am disappoint.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
04-25-11, 8:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 515
Loved the episode but fuckin' censorship...
 
04-25-11, 10:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1138
DrHouse said:
I'm actually glad that they decided to completely cut Azami. All she ever was was that stupid unnecessary character that mangaka and anime writers put in simply to be "the other girl." They always put them in just to be better able to manipulate the "romance" between the male main lead and the female main lead. In my opinion, having a support character to force drama for that purpose is just annoying and lazy. If they need to resort to that, then they're better off just removing any hint of romantic feelings between the mains.

I think its better if you read the manga completely before commenting about these kind of things.

anyway, i'm not going to hope for anything anymore, i'll just wait to see what are they going to do with this series....
 
04-25-11, 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5059
BozeSG said:
DrHouse said:
I'm actually glad that they decided to completely cut Azami. All she ever was was that stupid unnecessary character that mangaka and anime writers put in simply to be "the other girl." They always put them in just to be better able to manipulate the "romance" between the male main lead and the female main lead. In my opinion, having a support character to force drama for that purpose is just annoying and lazy. If they need to resort to that, then they're better off just removing any hint of romantic feelings between the mains.
I think its better if you read the manga completely before commenting about these kinda things.
I actually kind of agree though. Or well, more like, I totally approve of removing Azami.
If they do something to compensate for what she brings to the plot. And I can think of a few ways they might get that to work without having to ever introduce her.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
04-25-11, 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1138
Oosran said:
BozeSG said:
DrHouse said:
I'm actually glad that they decided to completely cut Azami. All she ever was was that stupid unnecessary character that mangaka and anime writers put in simply to be "the other girl." They always put them in just to be better able to manipulate the "romance" between the male main lead and the female main lead. In my opinion, having a support character to force drama for that purpose is just annoying and lazy. If they need to resort to that, then they're better off just removing any hint of romantic feelings between the mains.
I think its better if you read the manga completely before commenting about these kinda things.
I actually kind of agree though. Or well, more like, I totally approve of removing Azami.
If they do something to compensate for what she brings to the plot. And I can think of a few ways they might get that to work without having to ever introduce her.

well yeah, of course i can think of a few ways that they don't have to introduce crow, minatsuki, etc., but that wouldn't be right would it? even if it was an epic alternative story.
actually i don't really care about it being right or wrong, i jut got pissed that he started writing off the story as annoying and lazy without reading it completely.
 
04-25-11, 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2847
they made some changes in the story, but will that series be ok with just 12 episodes?
 
Top
Pages (5) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy