Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 24, 2011 7:57 PM

Apr 2010
pretty gruesome ep.

reminds me of SAW hahaa

but i am loving it :)
Apr 24, 2011 8:05 PM

Apr 2010
Divinenega said:
I;m now officially worried. The episode was pretty good but anyone who's read the manga knows they essentially just wrote Azami out of the plotline in their attempt to get to the more hardcore stuff faster.

It's gonna make it awkward as hell to do a Season 2(provided the series sells) since she's half the damn reason for one of the story arcs....

On another note, damn that opening song is epic.
Definitely.. taking Azami away form this episode is going to make it hard to make her important later... i mean she is an important character and a catalyst for the series wth >_<
Apr 24, 2011 8:59 PM

Sep 2007
Monad said:
I don't think it was better than the first but still very good. I expected that those games wouldn't be some innocent safe staff but they really are a killing machine considering only 1 or two persons survive at the end.
I'm kind of wondering how the hell aren't they running out of prisoners like that? If just one game kills 50 or something then what the hell?

Shiro really went out of her way to protect him but i wonder if she has some brain damage with the way she acts all the time. She didn't seem to care at all if he will save her or not while she was falling to her death and no matter what, she always react in that happy smiley way.

DW is a privately owned attraction so they probably buy out prisoners from the government or they have deals with the government to house all the prisoners. A total monopoly.

Disappointing that they removed Azami. It most likely means Manglobe doesn't intend to animate anything up to her arc and beyond and goes for an original ending.

If anybody has seen the lolcopter B rated movie Gamer with Gerard Butler, it's almost the same exact concept. In that movie, convicts are placed into a realtime FPS where citizens buy one of these convicts and control them as their "avatar".
Apr 24, 2011 10:04 PM

Aug 2010
Kuro-Tenshi said:
That.place.is.wrong
WTF, how can people think that poeple getting shot and bleeding and being cut in half be a freaking 'special effect'??!

in WWE, the audience/tv viewers knew those wrestlers are actors and just using fake bloods. i guess DMW writer got that from them. (im not really good at explaining things so try to comprehend what i said) but DMW is just too extreme, maybe because its ahead of us, it is a sci-fi anime after alll
Apr 24, 2011 11:40 PM

Nov 2010
^From the way the world seems to be going, the future could be just that ignorantly sadistic.
Apr 25, 2011 12:13 AM

Sep 2008
I'm loving the high animation budget for this show...as well as everything else.

The OP was awesome. Rewatched it a few times even.

Hope the anime isn't ruined by there being only 12 episodes as its one of my favourites this season.
Apr 25, 2011 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
TheCbass said:
Divinenega said:
I;m now officially worried. The episode was pretty good but anyone who's read the manga knows they essentially just wrote Azami out of the plotline in their attempt to get to the more hardcore stuff faster.

It's gonna make it awkward as hell to do a Season 2(provided the series sells) since she's half the damn reason for one of the story arcs....

On another note, damn that opening song is epic.
Definitely.. taking Azami away form this episode is going to make it hard to make her important later... i mean she is an important character and a catalyst for the series wth >_<
I'd honestly be happy if they found some way to get around her part completely. Like, they could
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 25, 2011 1:58 AM

Jun 2009
I'm actually glad that they decided to completely cut Azami. All she ever was was that stupid unnecessary character that mangaka and anime writers put in simply to be "the other girl." They always put them in just to be better able to manipulate the "romance" between the male main lead and the female main lead. In my opinion, having a support character to force drama for that purpose is just annoying and lazy. If they need to resort to that, then they're better off just removing any hint of romantic feelings between the mains.

As for this episode, I'm a little concerned on how they're going to fit any of the plot in if they spend an entire episode on just the obstacle course.

The op is great, and, speaking of the op, I'm looking forward to seeing Minatsuki.

It looks like they also included a minor spoiler for her.
Apr 25, 2011 2:01 AM

Jan 2010
All that trouble for nothing. Well, not nothing. He did grow up during the race, so to speak.
Apr 25, 2011 2:08 AM

Oct 2009
5layer said:
I'm loving the high animation budget for this show...as well as everything else.

The OP was awesome. Rewatched it a few times even.

Hope the anime isn't ruined by there being only 12 episodes as its one of my favourites this season.

I'm 100% sure it's going to be ruined by the anime original ending. Such a sad thing, the orignal content was so good, could have been adapted so nicely.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2011 2:56 AM

May 2010
I miss the "Dog Race" it was interesting but too bad Azami wasn't there ! T_T
Apr 25, 2011 4:07 AM

Dec 2008
Wasabi said:

Disappointing that they removed Azami. It most likely means Manglobe doesn't intend to animate anything up to her arc and beyond and goes for an original ending.

I really hope they won't.

Either they are going to rush the plot in the next episodes to fit the whole series in 12 episodes which is really just stupid(the pace is good at the moment) or they are really going for an original ending...
(major spoiler)

But oh well could mean anything.
SmthAwfulApr 25, 2011 4:20 AM
Apr 25, 2011 8:40 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
meh.

Deviation-fest from manga already started this early on. We didn't see Azami. We didn't see Ganta snapping and fighting back. We didn't see Ganta's ingenuity at figuring out the pattern of the game.

I am disappoint.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 25, 2011 8:51 AM

Dec 2007
Loved the episode but fuckin' censorship...
Apr 25, 2011 10:44 AM

Feb 2010
DrHouse said:
I'm actually glad that they decided to completely cut Azami. All she ever was was that stupid unnecessary character that mangaka and anime writers put in simply to be "the other girl." They always put them in just to be better able to manipulate the "romance" between the male main lead and the female main lead. In my opinion, having a support character to force drama for that purpose is just annoying and lazy. If they need to resort to that, then they're better off just removing any hint of romantic feelings between the mains.

I think its better if you read the manga completely before commenting about these kind of things.

anyway, i'm not going to hope for anything anymore, i'll just wait to see what are they going to do with this series....
Apr 25, 2011 10:47 AM

Jan 2009
BozeSG said:
DrHouse said:
I think its better if you read the manga completely before commenting about these kinda things.
I actually kind of agree though. Or well, more like, I totally approve of removing Azami.
If they do something to compensate for what she brings to the plot. And I can think of a few ways they might get that to work without having to ever introduce her.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 25, 2011 10:58 AM

Feb 2010
Oosran said:
BozeSG said:
DrHouse said:
I think its better if you read the manga completely before commenting about these kinda things.
I actually kind of agree though. Or well, more like, I totally approve of removing Azami.
If they do something to compensate for what she brings to the plot. And I can think of a few ways they might get that to work without having to ever introduce her.

well yeah, of course i can think of a few ways that they don't have to introduce crow, minatsuki, etc., but that wouldn't be right would it? even if it was an epic alternative story.
actually i don't really care about it being right or wrong, i jut got pissed that he started writing off the story as annoying and lazy without reading it completely.
Apr 25, 2011 11:12 AM

Feb 2009
they made some changes in the story, but will that series be ok with just 12 episodes?
Apr 25, 2011 11:15 AM

Feb 2010
OP= awesome.

ED is good too.

I'm liking the overall creepy feel of this show. Much better than the first episode.
Apr 25, 2011 11:20 AM

Dec 2008
Bring it, asshole!
Apr 25, 2011 11:23 AM

Apr 2010
"Special effects" explains why most of the spectators don't think it's real.

Apr 25, 2011 11:44 AM

Aug 2009
I'm really loving Shiro. She's so bubbly and enjoyable, unlike most female characters. She's a nice refresher in this spiral of depression. I hope they show more of the acts they put on in that prison. They're very... interesting.

And Yoh. What was he doing on the phone? Always have to have that best friend character that's really stabbing you in the back.

Good episode. Can't wait for the next one!
Apr 25, 2011 12:54 PM
Nov 2009
woah this was a good episode. But what or who in the world is that Shiro? Does she have a makeup or something coz she doesn't look like a human lol. can't wait for the next one
Apr 25, 2011 1:32 PM

Sep 2010
This show is really creepy. That guy who beated everyone up deserved to die. The opening is very great, but the people dancing with animal hats on their heads in the opening was a scene were I couldn't help but laugh.
Overall this show gives me really the creeps, but is very interesting and I really want to know what will happen next.
Apr 25, 2011 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, everybody in Deadman Wonderland is just crazy! I both weird and sadistic ways!

Loved the episode though, really interesting. I wonder why he didn't use his powers in the race. Maybe he doesn't really know how to summon them himself yet.

Apr 25, 2011 2:07 PM

Aug 2009
This show is over the top. And not in a good way. But I kind of like do really enjoy it, but mostly cause of Kana Hanazawa! D-Don't misunderstand, baka!
Apr 25, 2011 3:00 PM
Mar 2011
STM said:
This show is over the top.
Apr 25, 2011 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
BozeSG said:
Oosran said:
BozeSG said:
DrHouse said:

well yeah, of course i can think of a few ways that they don't have to introduce crow, minatsuki, etc., but that wouldn't be right would it? even if it was an epic alternative story.
actually i don't really care about it being right or wrong, i jut got pissed that he started writing off the story as annoying and lazy without reading it completely.
Actually, I was already up to ch 40 when I wrote that. Next time, please don't assume that anyone who dislikes your favorite character is just speaking out of ignorance.
Apr 25, 2011 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
Nice episode and Best OP this season
Apr 25, 2011 10:05 PM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:

...We didn't see Ganta's ingenuity at figuring out the pattern of the game...

I didn't read the manga that but I was hoping to see that. It will certainly add depth to the chara and I like the game to be won or surpassed with some sort of strategies shown. What I saw in this episode was that Shiro helped Ganta surpassed the game alive.

Meh.
LieilaApr 25, 2011 10:10 PM
Apr 25, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2008
EtherSword said:

If Shiro gets any less screen time, I'm going to drop this.

Then maybe you shouldn't be watching this kind of stuff in the first place? Just saying. I must admit though, she's rather lovely as far a albino airheads go.
Apr 25, 2011 11:30 PM

Oct 2009
I don't understand why they bother to differentiate between death row convicts and regular convicts if they get the EXACT same treatment. I mean they're both trying to survive 3 more days by getting super expensive candy, right?

Also, the sweet bread "incentive" was pointless since it's obvious that everyone besides the winner was supposed to die.

Anyway, nitpicking aside, that was a rather enjoyable episode. Very morbid though...which I guess is good.

And Shiro kinda creeps me out, she's really out of place in the show.
Xer0117Apr 27, 2011 10:42 PM
Apr 26, 2011 6:56 AM
Mar 2011
Xer0117 said:
I don't understand why they bother to differentiate between dead row convicts and regular convicts if they get the EXACT same treatment. I mean they're both trying to survive 3 more days by getting super expensive candy, right?

Also, the sweet bread "incentive" was pointless since it's obvious that everyone besides the winner was supposed to die.

Anyway, nitpicking aside, that was a rather enjoyable episode. Very morbid though...which I guess is good.

And Shiro kinda creeps me out, she's really out of place in the show.

No, only death row inmates need to eat the candy every 3 days.

Also, they had no idea how dangerous the course would be.
Apr 26, 2011 7:38 AM
Jan 2010
I don't really understand why they would put Yoh in but remove Azami from the locker scene when they could have just used that as her introduction.

The thing that bugged me about the manga at this point is that you don't get to see any more shows like the Dog Race. I always wondered if the shows had several deaths each or if it was just because of Ganta.
Apr 26, 2011 11:26 AM

Apr 2011
The opening was epic. And you don't mess with Ganta "BRING IT ASSHOLE" :D
Best moment of the whole episode.
Apr 26, 2011 2:48 PM
Sep 2009
Wow, that is one supremely screwed up prison they have there. Using inmates lives as fodder for entertainment, guards in cute mascot costumes shooting down anyone trying to escape; the carnival theme makes thing like a hundred times more mortifying. Great stuff, though. This nightmarish vision is a welcome alternative to the cuter anime which seem to be dominating nowadays. Though, without the beacon of sunshine that is Shiro, this show would be almost unbearably morbid.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Apr 26, 2011 3:43 PM

Apr 2011
The OP is awesome!!! The dog race was brutal and exciting =D I loved it!!
The one thing that made me dislike the episode was the fact that they skipped an important part where an important character was introduced (Azami) -.- I hope they find a way to counter that because if they don't it's gonna have bad effects on the next parts of the story... I thought that after skipping that they would at least show her in the locker scene but they didn't... I hope they don't cut her off :(
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (ಠ_ಠ)

Apr 26, 2011 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
The OP was amazing, and I loved Shiro this episode.
Apr 26, 2011 7:31 PM

May 2008
Oh my god. Now I want to read the manga.
Apr 27, 2011 4:37 AM

Apr 2007
Shiro kind of bothers me. Sure, she's cute, and I don't hate her, but she seems like she were supposed to go in a cutesy colorful series and accidentally ended up in a dark serious bloody one. I do realise thats kind of the point, but she just gives me this vibe that says "we need something to get the moefreaks into this, lets throw in a genki white haired girl in a twisted prison". I mean really, there's thousand of anime revolving around silly energetic girls, keep these cute airhead girls out of my serious dark shows.

This is still a very intriuging anime, possibly the best this season.
Apr 27, 2011 9:08 AM

Sep 2010
I loved that awesome DOG RACE.............. :D
Apr 27, 2011 1:35 PM

Jun 2010
I liked the second episode the same as the first. The atmosphere is so great. However, Shiro annoys me, I find her worse than Ganta.
Apr 27, 2011 5:20 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was hard to sit through. Was pretty disgusted at the audience in general.
Apr 27, 2011 10:26 PM
Mar 2011
Good show but the opening song is very crappy. Worst OP song in long time.
Apr 27, 2011 10:32 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
That was a cool episode.

Apr 27, 2011 10:38 PM

Oct 2010
I dug it. I haven't read the manga so the deviation didn't affect me. I have my guesses on who Shiro is and what her motivations are.

I really like the sense of urgency that's created by the candy/poison dynamic. It makes every moment very important, while still keeping the prisoners in a pained state of emergency just to buy a few more moments to live.
Apr 28, 2011 2:55 AM

Nov 2007
devaition = fail = rushed ending

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Apr 28, 2011 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
I thought the episode was pretty cool and the opening was awesome. At least Ganta realized that that Shiro was helping him the whole time. I mean I don't see any other way that he could of made it to the end. It was a good episode.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 28, 2011 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
Dudewitbow said:
all of that to extend your life by 3 days >.<

Exactly. Was not as excited as i was last episode, but it was pretty hard stuff to live up to.
Apr 28, 2011 6:23 PM

Oct 2008
Loved it. :]
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

346 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.