Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2011 12:40 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I probably should have waited for subs, but I can't help it, I already love this show! :)
notnishiuraJan 6, 2013 7:31 PM
Apr 21, 2011 4:49 PM

Aug 2010
This ep is great :D
Apr 21, 2011 6:16 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah this episode develop a lot with Anjo friendships with Jinta, Jinta finally went to school.
Feel like a good drama series.

I hope this continue on next episode :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 21, 2011 7:04 PM

Nov 2010
I can't really seem to like Anaru's character much no matter how hard I try (and her nickname is still funny). That said, I wasn't really all that interested with Jinta's development with her.

The ED is so beautiful. <3

I liked the first episode more, but this show still delivers good drama. Looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 21, 2011 7:32 PM
Feb 2010
Wait-- A Horo Musuko poster in the shop? I want one!
Apr 21, 2011 7:53 PM
Apr 2011
Wow, this anime is just so good it's making my heart burst! I get such a crazy good feeling from it, and the anime style looks so similar to Toradora its just one good thing after another! Honestly, I like all the characters so far, even Yuki!
Apr 21, 2011 7:54 PM
Mar 2010
Sebasu said:

Wait, what? I don't recall this.

Lol Nokemon Gold. I always hated having to trade to evolve Pokemons back in the GB days .__.
Apr 21, 2011 7:54 PM
Mar 2011
Sebasu said:
I can't really seem to like Anaru's character much no matter how hard I try (and her nickname is still funny). That said, I wasn't really all that interested with Jinta's development with her.

The ED is so beautiful. <3

I liked the first episode more, but this show still delivers good drama. Looking forward to the next episode!

Hey, different strokes for different folks. I thought the development between all the characters is pretty good so far. It's interesting to see how it seems like everyone has changed, but the more you find out about people, they really haven't changed at all.

Great episode, Thursday is officially my favourite day of the week.
Apr 21, 2011 8:08 PM

Oct 2008
Want ep 3, arggghh
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Apr 21, 2011 8:10 PM

Oct 2010
I'm like totally in love with this show!!! It's so freaking sad though!!! But can't help but smile when he's with Menma so I'm hoping he'll fulfill her wish!
Apr 21, 2011 8:17 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, I sure hope Jintan and Anaru get together by the end of the show or I'll be bummed.
Apr 21, 2011 8:25 PM
Mar 2011
Is it just me or is Anaru remind you of that one friend you used to know as a kid? You know, the one with the huge breasts!
Apr 21, 2011 8:31 PM

Jun 2010
Have you ever seen something so sad. I felt like part of Menma's wish was granted. That one guy Yuki I think, seems like a strange guy to me.

Apr 21, 2011 8:39 PM

May 2010
Jintan is lucky to have friend like Popo.
Apr 21, 2011 8:43 PM

Oct 2009
OMG, favorite or second favorite show this season. Menma <3.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2011 8:45 PM

Jan 2011
still loving the hell out of this show, quite happy that jintan became friends again with anjo but it seems Yukiatsu is gonna be the hardest one to come around with everyone since it seems he was the most troubled by Memmas death*the dude kept some of her clothes if thats what it really was*,anyho kinda cool how the previews tied in with the Ed song haven't seen that done in a while.
Apr 21, 2011 8:49 PM

May 2008
Tsurumi so far has the worst attitude but Yukiatsu isnt that far behind wonder how they are going to get the 2 of them back to becoming friends with the group

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 21, 2011 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
This show is pretty good so far. Although they went a little too far with the Nokemon thing.
Apr 21, 2011 9:14 PM

May 2009
A really good ep!
Apr 21, 2011 9:34 PM

Jun 2010
Aria_Shachou said:

This. Friends like these are always great =)
Apr 21, 2011 9:37 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't think I'd be the only one who actually likes Yukiatsu.

But yeah, it was creepy when he was sniffing at Menma's clothes. I don't want a love triangle - especially not over a death person. Please, he and Tsuruko make a better couple.
Apr 21, 2011 10:06 PM

Mar 2009
EVERYTHING IS ANAL'S FAULT
notnishiuraJan 6, 2013 7:37 PM
Apr 21, 2011 10:18 PM

Aug 2009
This show is REALLY REALLY nice! ^__^

I really hope they all will be able to see Menma... cause it feels like they are missing out.. D;
Apr 21, 2011 10:26 PM

Jul 2009
Did anyone recognize the other poster between the Sekirei and Hourou Musuko one on the counter? There was alos the obvious Working!! posters but that one in the middle is bothering me.
Apr 21, 2011 10:32 PM

Dec 2010
I love this fricken anime so much. It's one of the best shows in the Spring line up.

Poppo is a pretty cool character. Yukiatsu is a little bit weird though. I guess he loves Menma? I mean..he's sniffing what appears to be one of Menma's belonging. Kinda weird.

looking forward to next episode.

Apr 21, 2011 10:32 PM
Mar 2009
I love the show but to be honest I hate Menma. She is so freaken annoying.
Apr 21, 2011 11:04 PM

Feb 2011
This episode brought back so many memories of Pokemon, how everyone would bring their cards and games to school and everyone would trade stuff...I miss those days :(

Anyway, I didn't expect Anaru to turn in one ep but I liked how they did it in this ep. Looks like the other two will be hard to cooperate with. I want the next ep now! =3
Apr 21, 2011 11:08 PM
Mar 2011
this anime is definely the best among the spring anime. filled with taste of life. sad and yet bring hope and cheer up teenager like me. the beauty in art and the story is so obvious it doesn;t even need an experience adult or something to understand. a simple story all can relate to. i hope this anime able to end as good as how it start
Apr 21, 2011 11:10 PM

Dec 2007
Tsurumi and Yukiatsu annoy the fuck out of me. I love the rest of the cast, though. Amazing anime so far, definitely my #1 favorite for this season.
Apr 21, 2011 11:24 PM

Jan 2010
Matsuyuki and Tsurumi piss me off the most and yet I'm most curious as to how they'll change throughout the anime. Great episode... although it went by too fast T_T
Apr 21, 2011 11:53 PM

Oct 2009
Poppo is pretty weird right about to show Jinta...that.

It annoys me how Anaru's hair sticks out like that...I know it's anime, but compared to the other characters, it looks silly.

And I loved the part in the game store, there were posters for a lot of anime. Like Hourou Musuko and Working!!. And lol @ the Pokemon thing.

The part with the guy sniffing her clothes was weird though. Would have been insanely more weird if he was fapping like another poster said...but I don't think he was. xD

I really like Anaru. She's one of those people that are trying to grow up as quickly as possible and look pretty, etc, but she can't bring herself to throw out her childhood games and memories. And the fact that she was willing to play with Jinta and Poppo, shows that she hasn't completely changed. I think she blames herself a bit for Menma's death, as well...I'm looking forward to see how this plays out.
Apr 22, 2011 12:24 AM

Mar 2011
This is a really bittersweet show. sad, yet happy -- sometimes....
I wonder what happened to Menma though...
Apr 22, 2011 12:24 AM

Mar 2010
JINTAAAAA PLEASE GET A HAIRCUTT pleaspleasplease.

but all the other things are great! i think it's the best of this season, such a sweet story.. :') better than all thouse fighting stuff and all, this one has really a meaning.

Oh and i wish that Jinta would tell Menma to lift something up so everyone would see a floating thing in the air.. i wonder if that's possible.. i mean she eats food.. if Hisakawa hadn't turned is head away when they were eating together, i bet he would have seen that Menma eat Jinta's food... :O would he ?
LylaazApr 22, 2011 12:33 AM
Apr 22, 2011 12:26 AM

Jul 2010
calystegia said:
I didn't think I'd be the only one who actually likes Yukiatsu.

But yeah, it was creepy when he was sniffing at Menma's clothes. I don't want a love triangle - especially not over a death person. Please, he and Tsuruko make a better couple.
I like Yukiatsu, too. People are making too big of deal about him smelling Menma's clothes. I didn't really find it to be that strange. And I don't think we have to worry about some sort of love triangle involving Yukiatsu. He wasn't in love with her, just friends, and that scene was meant to show he still remembers and treasures her memory. Anyways, the only love triangle I can see is Menma, Anaru, and Jintan. It's not something I'm worried about since Menma isn't exactly alive to be much 'competition' for Anaru. Besides, I don't really like the idea of a whole lot of romance with a childish character such as Menma. To me it's more like Jintan had a crush on her as a child, and that's part of the reason why he's had a hard time letting her go. There's also the fact he called her ugly, possibly causing him to have some sort of guilt. Then again, I could be completely off about all this.

Ousto said:
It annoys me how Anaru's hair sticks out like that...I know it's anime, but compared to the other characters, it looks silly.
Aw, really? I love her hair! I know it doesn't make sense, but it's kind of cool. Her fashion sense is awesome, too.

Loved this episode. I hope this show doesn't decide to throw away its drama like a certain other anime this season decided to do.
Apr 22, 2011 12:48 AM

Apr 2009
I like Anaru.

Also, Jintan is lucky to have a friend like Poppo.
Apr 22, 2011 1:17 AM

Feb 2011
This was a great episode, and I especially enjoyed seeing the exposing of Anaru's real self behind her facade of tough, 2nd-tier-highschool-attending girl.

Iilia said:
I like Yukiatsu, too. People are making too big of deal about him smelling Menma's clothes. I didn't really find it to be that strange. And I don't think we have to worry about some sort of love triangle involving Yukiatsu. He wasn't in love with her, just friends, and that scene was meant to show he still remembers and treasures her memory.

Not sure if troll.
You just can't go sniffing the clothe of someone who has passed away without having any romantic feelings towards that someone. Since that doesn't seem to convince you, how about that fact that he even has her dress? "Hello Honma-san, I am truly sorry for your loss, but do you mind if I keep her dress as a memento?". Ahaha, nope.
Apr 22, 2011 1:31 AM

Jan 2009
Gee, I wonder what Nokemon could refer to. And really, WcDonalds must be the worst variation ever. Seriously, don't mix toilets and burgers. Just. Don't. Do it.
So, Menma is dead, Jintan's a hikikomori , Anaru's a closet gamer, Yukiatsu's a pervert, Tsuruko's a bitch, and Poppo's a... I don't know what.
So anyway, what, Menma's wish is for everyone to be all happy, being friends again? Or something like that, I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Then again, that flower referred to in the title is kinda suspicious as well, I guess.

Personas said:
Aria_Shachou said:

This. Friends like these are always great =)
Too bad they're pretty uncommon, those people.

Iilia said:
Anyways, the only love triangle I can see is Menma, Anaru, and Jintan.
Or why don't we make things a bit more complicated?
Like...
Jintan and Yukiatsu both like Menma, who's dead.
Anaru likes Jintan.
Tsuruko likes Yukiatsu.
Poppo is weird.
And Menma is (still) dead.
I can already feel a fabulous plot based on this building up in my head.
Fanfiction in the makings.
OosranApr 23, 2011 1:40 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 22, 2011 1:59 AM
Mar 2011
The love square is as follows Tsuruko->Jintan-><-Menma<-Yukiatsu
Apr 22, 2011 2:00 AM

Feb 2008
Fuck, this anime makes me extremely sad for some reason.
Apr 22, 2011 2:00 AM

Oct 2009
^^ Anaru <3's Jintan.
^ :'( I know.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2011 2:01 AM

Jul 2009
Iilia said:
I like Yukiatsu, too. People are making too big of deal about him smelling Menma's clothes.

No offense, but him keeping those clothes after all those years, and actually bringing them out to sniff is kind of disturbing. What would you honestly think if someone did that in real life?
Apr 22, 2011 2:07 AM

Sep 2009
It's Pokemon! Gold was actually one of my favorites lol.
Apr 22, 2011 2:08 AM

Oct 2009
Silver is me favorite. Spent a good 1000 hours on it LOL. About 300 hours on Crystal.
Apr 22, 2011 2:12 AM

Nov 2010
Nostalgic times. That was a very nice episode.
WacDonalds and Nokemon xD
Apr 22, 2011 2:13 AM

Jul 2009
Such a good second episode!
I really really like Anaru. I prefer her with Jinta over Menma actually (and not just because she's dead).

The clothes sniffing was unsettling, but more than anything I'm curious about Yukiatsu's character. I like him, but I can tell there's a lot more than we know going on with him.
Apr 22, 2011 2:18 AM

Oct 2010
oK the part where he smells menmas clothes are really weird. And why does he have them in the first place? Either he was there when she died or he also saw her back from the dead and he couldnt grant her wish and she dissapeared? idn either way he sniffed her clothes. nuff said
Apr 22, 2011 2:21 AM

Nov 2007
controlmajortom said:
Iilia said:
I like Yukiatsu, too. People are making too big of deal about him smelling Menma's clothes.

No offense, but him keeping those clothes after all those years, and actually bringing them out to sniff is kind of disturbing. What would you honestly think if someone did that in real life?

because the way you think maybe the reason for it. i don't see anything but maybe he loved menma and it was his way to show his affection for her.

IamOyashiro-sama said:
Nice ED, I like how the preview plays during it.

noitaminA anime? don't tell me this is your first one. i have seen these scenes since HnC.

This episode was wonderful in almost all aspects. This anime just got better with Poppo in it. He is like a fresh air to blow away all the sadness.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 22, 2011 2:26 AM

Oct 2010
another great episode, not as emotional as the last one
Apr 22, 2011 2:28 AM
Feb 2011
ok im glad that im not the only one finding Yukiatsu smelling Menmas clothes weird...

other than that this anime is freaking awesome!!!
anime of the season without a doubt.

i just wish they would release more episodes quickly T.T 1 episode a week is just too much for me T.T
Apr 22, 2011 2:29 AM

Oct 2009
^

1 a week is fine... A bitch but... If you've followed Katanagatari (once a month), some OVAs (once a few months...) or Bakemonogatari (the last few webcast episodes...).
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.