MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Things you generally dislike about anime.
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Things you generally dislike about anime.

Pages (58) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
04-19-11, 4:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 345
Characters who have an extremely weak personality and no conviction. A lot of characters start like this and "grow" into great people, but their beginning personalities really annoy me.
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

 
04-19-11, 4:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 8462
- The sister turning out to be "not blood related" to her brother. It ruins the whole taboo factor of the incest anime.

-Plot armor. How come when a protagonist is about to get killed, in which there's clearly no way out, they seem to always suddenly gain some new random, ridiculously overpowered ability and wins in the end?
世の中には実妹(いもうと)と義妹(たにん)、2つ種類の「妹」がいる
 
04-19-11, 5:26 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1305
DonkeyKong said:
-The lack of originality

-The lack of serious, deep and intellectual anime

-Harem/Ecchi/Moé and other stuff that are killing the anime industry

-The voice acting sucks for new anime. They heavily rely on the VAs popularity rather than his/her talent

-Some companies are milking the hell out of some titles despite becoming really horrible


I agree with these statements that you made, especially about the voice acting, it feels like that very few have respect for veteran seiyuu considering how few favorites they have as compared to the popular one's, especially for female seiyuu. It seems like the veteran female seiyuu these days mainly get supporting roles, if anything.

I also don't like it when a series is adapted into an anime and it isn't seen through to completion, I rather see a series like Fruits Basket, Full Metal Panic!, and Ranma 1/2 have their remaining volumes that haven't been adapted in anime format completed, than some random new series green-lit for production.
Modified by kanon-chan, 04-19-11, 9:23 AM
 
04-19-11, 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2278
1. Fanservice
2. The shrieking loli stereotypes
3. The fact that every other anime is a lame comedy/haram/slice of life
 
04-19-11, 10:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 101
Generally the thing I dislike most about an anime are its fans.

Though generally I dislike that clichéd weak male character that for some reason is important despite sucking, so most harem leads.
 
04-19-11, 10:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1063
I absolutely hate when there aren't enough female badasses. They are just damsels in distress, waiting to be saved by the men.
 
04-19-11, 11:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
first nudity (¬_¬)
second when the anime ends a stupid ending or when it ends without telling us important explanations O?O
third when the hero is not handsome (︶︹︺) (except comedy anime)
 
04-19-11, 11:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6306
tooth said:
first nudity (¬_¬)
second when the anime ends a stupid ending or when it ends without telling us important explanations O?O
third when the hero is not handsome (︶︹︺) (except comedy anime)

This could go with any show, not just anime. Do you hate a lot of movies because of this?
 
04-19-11, 6:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1209
am i the only one here getting tired of all this tsundere bullcrap coming out?
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
 
04-19-11, 6:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 137
Anything that pretends to be original when it's not.
 
04-19-11, 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 194
When too many things happen at once, and when random plots get thrown into the main story.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

 
04-19-11, 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1071
Zero0neFive said:
When random plots get thrown into the main story.


This. I really hate it when they go off the main story...

And fanservice/ecchi. I really, really don't like that.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
 
04-19-11, 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1063
Irony-Dream said:
Anything that pretends to be original when it's not.


How the fuck do you PRETEND to be original?
 
04-19-11, 7:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 187
The fact that no main character (and typically minor characters) ever seem to have common sense.

"oh hey imma just walk into this bathroom that had a closed door without walking"
 
04-19-11, 7:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1063
truthillusion said:
The fact that no main character (and typically minor characters) ever seem to have common sense.

"oh hey imma just walk into this bathroom that had a closed door without walking"


How does he walk into a bathroom without walking...
 
04-19-11, 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 134
The one dumbass moe character with huge tits and big round
glasses that moans if she gets even poked. I just wanna slap
them in the face. I love fanservice, but not like this.
 
04-19-11, 8:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 33
Rikatei said:
The one dumbass moe character with huge tits and big round
glasses that moans if she gets even poked. I just wanna slap
them in the face. I love fanservice, but not like this.


Hating huge tits (especially overly huge tits) makes me want to +1 this with the force of a thousand suns.

I was somewhat disappointed when Hidan no Aria was like FANSERVICE DENIED when they led you on to expect some.
 
04-19-11, 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 134
Baman said:
Oh, and any obsessing over the ocean. You know the whole getting hot and bothered whenever they reach the beach or blathering about how they've never seen the ocean before.
I mean, seriously, Japan is a bloody island nation, how the fuck can someone live their entire life without seeing the ocean? and even if they've never bothered slogging down to it, then they should at least have a general idea of what it's like, big, blue and wet, and have no reason to get their panties in a bunch when they see it.

LOL I love you
 
04-19-11, 8:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6306
AndyZim said:
truthillusion said:
The fact that no main character (and typically minor characters) ever seem to have common sense.

"oh hey imma just walk into this bathroom that had a closed door without walking"


How does he walk into a bathroom without walking...

Obviously a typo.

Rikatei said:
Baman said:
Oh, and any obsessing over the ocean. You know the whole getting hot and bothered whenever they reach the beach or blathering about how they've never seen the ocean before.
I mean, seriously, Japan is a bloody island nation, how the fuck can someone live their entire life without seeing the ocean? and even if they've never bothered slogging down to it, then they should at least have a general idea of what it's like, big, blue and wet, and have no reason to get their panties in a bunch when they see it.

LOL I love you

I didn't read that before but that is sure funny. Nice writing, Baman.
 
04-19-11, 8:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 304
I hate it when any anime have really hyper,overly cheerful characters like Mokona in Tsubasa Chronicle and that white dog-rabbit thing in Shounen Onymouji that always follows the main character around.

I'm also not a fan of depressing endings that alot of anime tend to have.

I usually don't like anime that are episodic. I like ones that have continueing storylines to make me want to watch more.

Edit:
I also don't like when the characters yell their actions. You're supposed to catch the enemy by suprise, not alert them of your attacks, you idiots. :/

Fanservice/ porn/sexual aspects of anime, especially if the only purpose of the anime is for sex and it has no real plot.

Kids with fighting monsters. Ex:Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher,etc. Seriously. If it were about dog fighting people would freak,but because they're some wierd monster things it's ok? The kids obviously don't care about their pet monsters if they're going to let them get hurt just for entertainment sake.
Modified by caninesrock, 04-19-11, 9:00 PM
Avatar is a screenshot from White Heart Baekgu
Images on banner are from:Spirited Away, Juuni Kokuki, and xxxholic.
 
Top
Pages (58) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices