Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
May 29, 2019 4:31 AM

Jan 2018
Hands-down the most brilliant art I've ever seen in an anime. I'm incredibly excited for the rest of this.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Jun 29, 2019 7:18 PM

May 2018
Thats what we call a hidden gem
Oct 30, 2019 5:31 AM
Jan 2019
the art and animation is new to me so I trying to adopt but I still like it, the story is intense, the main character is naive so it interesting, the count is kinda cool and mysterious
May 18, 2020 10:13 AM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
The first episode got me hooked. A lot of mystery going on in the show which keeps me guessing. The art style is unique this is the first time I’ve seen some art like this and I don’t even know what to call it. I love the idea of how the count is the evil path Albert chose in order to be the new him.
Jul 17, 2020 4:30 AM

May 2016
His worse just became worst.
Feb 4, 2021 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
Nakata Jouji is a perfect seiyuu for the Count. All of the voice acting has been well fit so far. Reading the original novel is gonna give a nice perspective while watching this. Seeing the classic story in a stylized futuristic setting will be interesting. Let's see how the themes come across here.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 6, 2021 11:21 AM

Oct 2019
It's rather difficult to get used to everyone being a moving Klimt or Schiele painting, but otherwise the anime looks very interesting. I love the original story of Dumas but this anime appears to be very loosely based on it.. Both the two young friends, Franz and Albert, are rather naive but Albert is the naivety champion. It was interesting that neither of them realized (even after the fact) that the 3-card "game" was 100% rigged :

All 3 cards had the initials of the killer of 10, since that was who the Count wanted to pardon in order to manipulate Albert and have him feel awful - and thus render him even more susceptible to further manipulation. If the Count had written all three initials there was a 66.6% chance the killer of 10 would not have been chosen, and he could not have that. Checking the other two cards would have verified that the "game" was rigged instantly..
Sep 22, 2021 12:01 AM

Aug 2020
Intriguing so far. The only personal complaint I have is the subtitle font style. It's hard to keep up with.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Mar 27, 2022 9:59 AM

May 2021
The art style and the aesthetic have hooked me in for sure. So has the Count's character and the fact that he might be a corpse.
The clothes are also a pleasure to view.

Apr 23, 2022 10:03 AM
Nov 2020
Studio Gonzo really produced some amazing series back in the day, if not amazing definitely unique in its theme and execution..
Sep 1, 2022 11:49 PM

Jun 2020
Good first episode. Really liked it. The art and colours are psychedelic and very unique, though the facial character designs are quite standard. There are some tropes, the nature of the main character, the main character getting annoyed of the side character being annoyed, a girl who's a trap. But oh well, I heard incredibly unique things about this series so it should get better.

Also that ED, it's so fucking trippy. Loved it.

Jan 14, 2023 1:27 PM

Jun 2019
 The art style combined with the weird cgi backgrounds heavily remind me of this image.

Jun 7, 2023 2:03 AM

Jan 2021
I've never read the novel so I don't know anything about the story but it's a lot more fun than I expected. The Count has an alluring and charming aura, his voice is also very pleasing to the ear. On the other hand, Albert is also quite interesting and I think he's the type of person who is quite fearless, in the sense that he hardly has any "anxious" feelings even when it's his first meeting with The Count.

I kind of... still can't get along with Albert's nature, naive, too easy and tend to be childish... but let's see how his relationship with The Count goes in the future.

Aug 20, 2023 1:05 PM
Aug 2022
This is some weird shiiit. I've never seen an anime like this before. Maybe Mononoke but this is waaay different. Mesmerizing. 
Feb 6, 9:09 PM

Aug 2020
A very interesting introduction to the count leaning into the Callous and Cold Aristocrat Character the art style is visually striking being similar to something like that of Gustav Klimt with abstract and exotic patterns the setting and world being like a Futuristic Venetian Carnival

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 13, 2008

173 by stationry »»
7 hours ago

» About the Ending of Gankutsuou [Spoilers]

DeactivatedProbe - May 29, 2021

2 by scrapegoat »»
Feb 19, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

StabbyPWNS - Nov 3, 2008

120 by Leongolleyn »»
Dec 29, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 13 Discussion

Mikiyo - Apr 8, 2009

45 by nicissad »»
Oct 5, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 11 Discussion

Kayro - Jun 18, 2008

48 by Dawizz »»
Sep 9, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.