MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Gankutsuou Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Gankutsuou »» Gankutsuou Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
View Poll Results: Gankutsuou Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

40 50.63%
4 out of 5: Liked it

27 34.18%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 13.92%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.27%
Voters: 79

07-03-13, 8:36 AM

The art is beautiful, but I guess I have to get used to it...

Albert is so painful to watch. I don't know, it just is.
''There is a sort of jealousy which needs very little fire; it is hardly a passion, but a blight bred in the cloudy, damp despondency of uneasy egoism.''
― George Eliot

09-14-13, 12:24 AM

Damn that art is so trippy and surreal, Albert's coat is like mesmerizing. That trial was nuts, there was a sinking feeling of injustice when I figured out that the card chosen was for that proud serial killer.

I see younger Fukuyama and Hirakawa are voicing Albert and Franz, no wonder I enjoy hearing their voices so quickly. Interesting so far, definitely drawn in.
"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic." - Ezio Auditore, Assassin's Creed Revelations.

11-02-13, 12:11 AM

Looks like i''ll be enjoying this anime :)

01-06-14, 7:16 AM

Honestly, if anybody here likes this anime and hasn't read the book, you should try reading it. You'll be surprised just how much of the source material they used for this anime. I have only seen two episodes and am impressed at how faithful the adaptation is so far. Admittedly, though, they definitely added a lot of "anime flair" and Japanese perversion that wasn't in the book.

-Arvis

03-02-14, 3:18 AM

Rewatching aww the trial scene so amazingly done and the art beautiful

03-13-14, 7:17 PM

The first time I watched this, this episode didn't impress me as much as watching it this time. Knowing where its going helps my appreciation for this episode's introductions and setup.

I don't follow the threads I post in. PM me if you want my attention.

03-30-14, 8:00 PM

Talk about manipulating people!
The Count is just something else. Interesting development at the end. Albert looks to be in a tough spot.
A very strong first episode.
4.5/5
Ckan said:

Cyberpunk rules over mecha anyday

True dat.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices