05-25-10, 1:18 PM

Good first episode.
Reminds me of Outlaw Star.

06-20-10, 12:54 AM

Lol "Bellpeppers & Beef"
Good start to an awesome anime.

06-29-10, 12:20 PM

sooo....f*****...boring :(

i hope this will get good otherwise it will be another majorly overrated anime :\

1/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

07-04-10, 6:01 PM

Was alright, but the problem I probably had is because I watched Samurai Champloo, I expected a bit more. Was nice, but wasn't the greatest episode I've seen. I do like Spike, so hopefully I can enjoy the rest of the show

07-08-10, 9:49 PM

Can't believe I JUST started watching series. I do remember some of the characters from TV before... used to be on [Adult Swim] or still is I guess...

So Far I like it.

07-18-10, 1:07 PM

I'm watching the dub, and it's a really good dub. My favorite part it so far is the music, I love it. I don't know if this is going to keep my interest though.

08-04-10, 8:19 AM

great episode, I love the art, good animation. The western/cowboy atmosphere and the music fit perfectly. Spike is a great character.

08-04-10, 8:24 AM

I'm about half way through and I'm really enjoying watching this.

10-01-10, 2:28 PM

It got me hooked from straight from that shoot out in the bar. I loved those 3 geezers checking out that chick...funny trio. The music fit the scenes and hit the emotions felt at that particular moment, like the ending of this episode.

SO far it's proven great. Spice is climbing up that ladder of my soon to be favorite character. His dub voice is great.

10-11-10, 10:50 PM

Nice nice. I'm likign the characters, and the soundtrack music.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

12-21-10, 5:06 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one just starting this :)

It was a great first episode

01-16-11, 4:56 PM

From this first episode, I got a sense of what this anime is going to be like. Its got a western theme, and, seemingly everything that comes with the package: adventure, action, the amiable main character, and that rustic atmosphere with attitude. Movies or films with this type of 'wild west' or a cowboy themes, can often times go wrong because of the redundancy or the refashioned stereotypes. It'll be interesting to see how the creators venture with this series.

The anime progressed smoothly in this episode; It told us who it was in the short, 20-something minutes. It made one of the greatest first impressions I've seen in a first episode. It has that old west, rough, and "start-of-a-long-journey" type of air that attracts people. The only reason I'm not too into it is because it's not my type of flavor. But, I do see why people like it. I'll try it out a little more and see how it develops.
~

01-26-11, 7:32 AM

It was a very nice introduction of Spike. P.S. watching it right now.:)
Boo: "Boo!"

02-20-11, 10:54 AM

I'm checking this show out because I've heard some pretty good reviews abuot the show and the first episode didn't disappoint. Not sure what to think of the show at the moment, but hopefully it will be a good series.
Uploader53

03-23-11, 11:08 PM

I went into this worried it was going to be over-hyped.

I came out with a friggen amazing action sequence, helluva good music, fun dialog between the characters, and most importantly. Good animation.

Not a single damn thing I didn't like.

05-02-11, 9:07 PM

First time I watched this on Adult Swim, I had no idea what it was and brushed it off as a boring show. Second time, I started to notice the cool characters and settings. Now is the third time, and I get it. Took me so many years to get the chill atmosphere and the awesome music. This isn't the best thing I've watched, but it's definitely one of the better. Gonna have to watch it slower to enjoy it.

06-20-11, 11:47 PM

not sure what to say about it but
it was okay
the music was good so was the animation not as crazy about everything here as everyone else is (and weird I'm a Yoko Kanno addict too) oh well maybe I'll love it after a few eps
"Where will a newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite" - Motoko Kusanagi

07-11-11, 11:01 PM

DNF said:
There's so many people liking this series, but the first episode bored me really. The only fine parts were the beginning of the fight (before any shooting) and the music when the protagonist was hunting the drug addict with their space shit. Other than that the music was annoying and nothing special else.
(How did the cards playing old men survive the first shooting anyway?)

Maybe it's just this:
jacobpaige said:
I don't think this is my kind of anime, but I'll give it another episode or two to be sure.

I"m with you guys. I found this episode somewhat boring. It usually takes me a little while before I begin to care about the characters or what's going on. Maybe it's just not my type.

08-03-11, 1:33 AM

Very stylish show, I'm starting to like it.

08-16-11, 3:52 PM

clannad4ever said:
sooo....f*****...boring :(

i hope this will get good otherwise it will be another majorly overrated anime :

1/5

wat

08-22-11, 6:15 PM

The beginning episode was okay.. it has a casual laid back feeling to it.. great opening song which felt like some James Bond movie hehe After the episode I still had many questions which weren't answered but that would be normal even after the 1st epi.. Spike is a mysterious character and I hope I can get to love this anime as the many others here on MAL has have. :-)

11-23-11, 5:34 AM

Over 12 years already and Cowboy bebop is still Ace and above MOST of the CRAP that is popular today, simply incredible. Everything is still fresh and phenomenal: OP, art, animation, soundtrack, ED, and as far as standalone episodes go, there is nothing that compares to Cowboy Bebop. And then there is Spike.

I'm very excited to be watching this again, it's been a long time and I suddenly had the urge to do so. First episode is as memorable as I remember, so much fun throughout the episode and then such a depressing mood by the end. CB doesn't kid when it comes to execution.

See You Space Cowboy...

01-06-12, 2:57 PM

I can already say that I love the series. Spike is amazing, the wild-west feel even though it takes place in space really suits my taste, the music, the dialogue, characters, story, and the episodic style... great :)
I liked how Asimov's girl hid the bloody-eye disguised as pregnancy xD

01-13-12, 5:45 PM

Really, really good first episode. Maybe the very best first episode I've ever seen, I'm excited to be able to experience this again and this time I'll be checking out the Japanese version. Good stuff.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

01-16-12, 6:13 PM

This show started out awesome. I love Spike already, and the animation is awesome. The atmosphere is also great, and i actually wouldn't mind if the whole show was just him going around collecting bounties. Also, GREAT music.

03-14-12, 2:54 PM

Good episode.
Don't know entirely why but makes me think of Trigun meets Samurai Champloo

04-20-12, 10:21 AM

After hearing so many people talk about how good this was, I just had to see it for myself.
The fight scene had to have been my favourite part; everything went so smoothly. The music was top-notch, too. I liked the contrast between the slower music and the chase they had.

04-29-12, 4:52 AM

The artstyle looks a bit outdated but that is only a minor concern as the soundtrack and direction more than make up for it. The fight cinematography was great and we already get to know a lot about Spike simply by his interactions with others.

05-08-12, 1:27 PM

I think I'm going to like this series. I actually like the dub for this show.

06-05-12, 2:31 PM
News Moderator
Spike being an alpha badass, I like.

06-23-12, 9:24 AM

Wow, great show. The plot is interesting, the characters are awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

08-06-12, 1:44 PM

It's not bell peppers and beef if theres no BEEF!

Great blast to the past to my adult swim days!

08-10-12, 5:41 PM

strong plot hole to start off this overrated piece of shit series

dude should've did us all a huge favor and snapped the little phaggot's neck, but NOPE... decided not to for no reason and ended up getting chased and died for it..

strong shit logic..

09-02-12, 2:17 AM

adios cowboy

09-20-12, 2:23 PM

Best episode of the entire series. Many will disagree with me though!

09-20-12, 3:11 PM

Ignoring plot and characters, I instantly noticed something a lot of popular series lack: style. Plus despite being quite old, it's really watchable; I think I have a remastered version. Haven't found a reason to switch to the original versions yet
"Open your closed mind and close your open mouth."

09-20-12, 3:16 PM

nl said:
Best episode of the entire series. Many will disagree with me though!

There are times when I hold this opinion. You could make that case.

09-23-12, 2:02 PM

Kinda reminds me of the TV series "Firefly". I loved the dialogue, the music, all of it. And it looks great, too!

And Spike seems such a cool guy. I'm totally looking forward to see more of this!

10-02-12, 11:57 PM

I started watching Cowboy Bebop just now. Let just say episode 1 blew me out the door. It knew where exactly to hit my button correctly!

Have to agree that this nearly 13 year show is way above the crap we have now...

The last scene was so sad, would of been more tragic for me, if she was truly pregnant, but than Spike would lose his shot w/ her.

10-25-12, 5:55 AM

flaxman85 said:
strong plot hole to start off this overrated piece of shit series

dude should've did us all a huge favor and snapped the little phaggot's neck, but NOPE... decided not to for no reason and ended up getting chased and died for it..

strong shit logic..

You're an idiot, did you even watch the episode? He was going to kill him, but his girlfriend stopped him, and they argue about why during the chase. Not a plot hole.

11-15-12, 7:51 AM

Decent start, lets see how the story will develop, I hope it will contain the same and/or even more amount of action like in this episode!

Off with a good start though!

03-12-13, 8:07 PM

Rewatching the first episode, and I love it!
I believe I've seen the first 15 episodes years ago, but never finished it because I was renting it from the library and never found the last couple of DVD.
But I don't remember disliking any of it, so I bought the boxset for a decent price and finally had some time to pop it in and enjoy!

04-09-13, 12:15 PM

Off to a good start i'd like to believe..
We dont know much about the protagonists yet, except that their bounty hunters, and that spike has died in the past due to a woman ?
I cant make much of this, just gotta keep watching :))

04-28-13, 10:57 AM

I've watched this anime many times, but now I'm re-watching it again.
This episode is perfect start. Bebop is always enjoyable no matter what times I've watched.
chin-jao rōsu scene is funny as usual.

07-05-13, 11:57 AM

Does anyone know what Spike is whistling at around 6 minutes in?! It sounds like "Flyin' To Your Heart" from Gitaroo Man! Which is impossible, since that game and song were released after this anime aired...

07-25-13, 4:42 PM

Pretty cool actually. A bit less than 4/5 but mostly on spot. Loving the jazz music and drama. It flows well! I'm not sure if I really like the whole space bounty hunter thing going on actually, but I'll give it a couple of more episodes.

07-25-13, 5:32 PM

That Jeet Kune Do! Man, this is awesome, I'm definitely going to love it, especially Spike. Really looking forward to the other characters to show up from the opening as well, especially Faye. I feel like their was a lot of hidden context in this episode.

Cowboy Bebop, it's about time.

09-09-13, 6:35 PM

Good action and tragedy. Seems pretty interesting.

10-20-13, 12:34 PM

Well... When you first watch an anime series that you just instantly fall in love with, well this is Cowboy Bebop for me. Reminds me so much of the tv series firefly!

11-17-13, 8:42 AM

So,lets start watching the mst famous anime
Very interesting plot,defienitely got my attention,and liked first eps.Even if I am not very interested in this space genre.
Great music,well-placed in anime.
The woman was never pregnant.

Pages (2) 0.4 [1.4] »