Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2011 4:04 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
its a pinch!! lol Hentai novelist

5/5
Apr 10, 2011 8:51 AM

Mar 2010
Hanasaku Iroha: A Yandere Girl's Love-Triangle Story...

The love between the two girls may have been a predestination...

Suddenly, she's involved in a complicated love triangle between Minko and Nako...

But Ohana had a depressing childhood, which resulted her yandere personality...

Apr 10, 2011 8:57 AM

Aug 2010
Haha, good one stevewiess01.

This episode was really good, Ohana is so cute and she tries so hard this episode to make everyone happy, sadly, things just keep going wrong. I really liked how she forced the other two girls to talk to her.
Apr 10, 2011 8:58 AM

Nov 2008
Oh dear the nice boat might come at the end, not good, not good at all. The Yandere love triangle does not help at all.

Apr 10, 2011 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
stevewiess01 said:
Hanasaku Iroha: A Yandere Girl's Love-Triangle Story...

Hahaha that's hilarious. Funny thing is, all those screenshots are actually from the episode xD

Seriously speaking though, it's obvious that the writer is just trying to save himself some money, which is dirty on his part. Oh, and his award winning "story" is certainly rather disturbing if you think about it... =.=;;

Ohana is a pretty admirable girl here; all the unfortunate stuff happening to her really sucks. Then again, at times she is a bit too headstrong, but at least she recognizes this and tries to change herself.

Also, her rather up in the face confrontation with Nako and Minchi certainly took me by surprise :o The grandma is still being tough, but maybe it's just "tough love", eh?

Apr 10, 2011 9:14 AM

Mar 2008
Well, that's certainly a cliff-hanger.
Love the direction this is going, I was expecting some sort of comedic moe-blob but I'm getting a coming-of-age style of story instead.

Apr 10, 2011 9:25 AM

Nov 2008
Kuro4735 said:

Also, her rather up in the face confrontation with Nako and Minchi certainly took me by surprise :o The grandma is still being tough, but maybe it's just "tough love", eh?

I have found the old hag to be more or less .. well a grouchy old woman, PA works tend to have some adults if not most who are VERY unlikeable , which then they try to have redeemed. I doubt ill ever buy into it though.
Apr 10, 2011 9:29 AM

Jul 2009
omg, this anime is getting better by the week!
what an ending too, i felt uber trolled.
Apr 10, 2011 9:38 AM

Mar 2010
Holy Hell! If the series is going to be like this all the way till the end, it'll be an epic one. The atmosphere and the characters are just awesome.
Apr 10, 2011 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode! Hmm... you know I like Ohana because kids nowadays can't cook but she can. And about that guest I would like to punch him in the face. He pissed me off somehow. (sigh)
Apr 10, 2011 9:47 AM

Apr 2009
Another nice episode! That's really a cliffhanger, though.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Apr 10, 2011 9:58 AM

May 2008
This series is just pure love~
Apr 10, 2011 9:58 AM

Nov 2009
~beautiful as always ...
It'll be an epic one, dont worry xD
I love everything of Ohana, characteristic, gesture, thouhgts, all of them xD
5/5, sooo far
Apr 10, 2011 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
I'm starting to hate Minko, oh wait,n I already do. Gaaah! I'm also annoyed at the shy girl too. Ohanaaaaaa.

And at the end.. fffff!!

Apr 10, 2011 10:03 AM

Aug 2009
LOL at stevewiess01's comment, good one xD

I cannot believe I could have missed this anime entirely cuz initially I had no intention of watching it. It was only after hearing some favourable comments that I checked it out, and boy, does it deliver.
After the first episode that caught me by surprise with its quality, this one was even better. I loved every minute of it, and it rarely happens that I get hooked this early in an anime. If it continues like this, it just may be this spring's gem.
Can't wait to find Minko and Nako's backstories.

Oh, and I thoroughly dislike that leech writer, hope he gets what he deserves.
5/5 for the episode
Apr 10, 2011 10:05 AM

Mar 2011
Gah Im really starting to love this show! lol. This was a really great episode. I like how she stood up to the girls and I think the scene with her and the cook in the car was a really nice addition to the episode. I raised my rating on the show after this one too an 8 though. The ending killed me, what a cliffhanger!
Apr 10, 2011 10:23 AM

Nov 2009
Mibelle said:
Gah Im really starting to love this show! lol. This was a really great episode. I like how she stood up to the girls and I think the scene with her and the cook in the car was a really nice addition to the episode. I raised my rating on the show after this one too an 8 though. The ending killed me, what a cliffhanger!

seriously, dude, this one deserves higher than 8 O.o
I'm appreciate that al least, they give us a great + normal show rather than tons of ecchi/stupid plot out there...
Takana_no_HanaApr 10, 2011 10:27 AM
Apr 10, 2011 10:36 AM

Nov 2010
So does she get raped or something at the end?
Apr 10, 2011 10:38 AM
Nov 2009
beautiful 10/10, gems like this is what makes me believe in anime. There is so much shit out there today and most seasons i dont even finish a single show (sometimes i even wonder why i keep watching anime) but then something like this comes along and i <3. I dont evenknow whats so good about it i just want more
Apr 10, 2011 10:46 AM

Jan 2011
I love this show so much and it's only 2 episodes in. XD I can't wait for next week, that was a ... strange cliffhanger. I'm hoping Tooru or Minko will save Ohana from the pervert.
Apr 10, 2011 10:58 AM

Apr 2010
What the hell was that ending? Other then that, I liked this episode more than the first. I hope Onaha snaps soon after everyone is treating her so badly after trying her hardest to be the best worker she can

Apr 10, 2011 11:20 AM

Aug 2010
Now this was a great episode. I feel really relaxed when I'm watching this for some reason or another...
With this said, for me this is the best show this season.(without seeing the others that will air, of course)
Apr 10, 2011 11:29 AM

Dec 2008
The art in this show is the best part about it in my opinion. The scenery spares no detail. Pretty good episode overall, we'll see how they handle the perv attack next week. I'm guessing this will happen:

-Lunacie said:
I'm hoping Tooru or Minko will save Ohana from the pervert.
Apr 10, 2011 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
What the hell was that ending? Other then that, I liked this episode more than the first. I hope Onaha snaps soon after everyone is treating her so badly after trying her hardest to be the best worker she can

I hope so too, im rather getting weary of her just 'taking it' I would have flipped a table already and im not an 'angry' person .. but then again I would have left that place after my first day.
Apr 10, 2011 11:42 AM
Nov 2009
sirwence said:
RyanSaotome said:

I hope so too, im rather getting weary of her just 'taking it' I would have flipped a table already and im not an 'angry' person .. but then again I would have left that place after my first day.

ok so were would you go? your a 16 years old girl with no money and your mother/father doesnt take you in. Live on tha street?
Apr 10, 2011 11:48 AM

Apr 2010
That's one messed up cliffhanger and i am really interested at what's going to happen next.
I thought this was a pretty good episode it explained a little bit about Ohana's past but it also showed why the others of the staff thought bad of her.
Nako is very shy till the part where it's almost insane i hope she overcomes some of her shyness in future episodes.
Since that shyness was partly the reason why Ohana got in trouble.

Minko should speak her mind a bit more she seems very scared of the manager and the assistant cook and i think they would treat her better if she says something about it.
All what she was doing now was diverting her rage at others in this case mainly Ohana.
I found it interesting when Ohana confronted her and Nako it was a very nice scene especially them ending up in that washing room.

That writher was really a jerk treating pretty much all of the staff in such a way, if he didn't want his work to be thrown away he should have cleaned it up himself.
Since it would not have been thrown away if he didn't make such a mess.
I also understand now why he didn't want the police to be involved since what he wrote would have gotten him in trouble.

Ohana learned to be more reliant on other people and it was pretty nice to see her confront the others girls.
I also like how she speaks up to her grandmother which makes me wonder whether her grandmother would accept her at some point.

The grandmother should be a bit more considerate i think most of her words are a bit to harsh on the staff and truly undeserved.
There still young and they have still allot to learn but that doesn't mean she has to be harsh on them.
Apr 10, 2011 11:56 AM

Jun 2009
Ohana has a really irresponsible mother. :/ Episode was really awesome and that cliffhanger is killing me. >.<
Apr 10, 2011 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was awesome! I loved every part of it!...except for Minko being an ungrateful brat again. I mean, really now! All Ohana's been trying to do is help her, and she thanks her by telling her to die on a regular basis!? COME ON!!! Plus I cheered when Ohana set her and Nako straight. I want to see more of that! I seriously wish Minko would just loosen up a bit and stop thinking everybody's against her! I can't wait to see more of this show!
Apr 10, 2011 12:03 PM

Jan 2011
My suspicion is that there was no missing draft--the "author" is just using the opportunity to scam a free month at the resort. Not only a scam artist but a pervy rapist as well, I don't think it's a coincidence that Ohana's name is on the story/fantasy.

Aside from the disturbing cliff hanger, this was a really sweet episode. Loved the backstory on her mom missing school visitation day. Too bad that Ohana's mother didn't have better parenting skills (although she did eat the broccoli and read the message which showed she accepted Ohana's disappointment).

I can't wait till we get Minko's back story. Based on how well they are fleshing out the characters, I'm sure we'll find that there is a good reason why she is that way.

I'm already expecting this to be one of the highlights of the season.
rodacApr 10, 2011 12:08 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 10, 2011 12:08 PM

May 2010
is that a fucking pedo?
Apr 10, 2011 12:12 PM

Apr 2010
torrentsven said:

ok so were would you go? your a 16 years old girl with no money and your mother/father doesnt take you in. Live on tha street?
That's one point the other point is that running away doesn't solve the problem.
Sometimes it's best to take these kind of things head on and i think Ohana did that pretty well with Minko and Nako.
Tho she could have gone up against others to but this also applies to Minko as she also needs to stand up more for herself seeing how she is treated.

As Sirwence mentioned some people would try to run away, but are you planning on always running away when things go bad?
Things don't always go the way you want them to go but remember that there is always a possibility to solve it besides if you run away from it you might regret it latter on.
Apr 10, 2011 12:15 PM

Feb 2011
I really like the bittersweet feeling about this anime, but the ending of this episode is going to hunt me until next week. >.>
Apr 10, 2011 12:28 PM
Jun 2010
Woah that ending left me anticipating next week's episode. I hope that creepy guy doesn't do anything to hurt Ohana. *randomly jumps in anime to beat him up*

It's rare to find a series that I actually look forward to seeing and so glad that I stumbled upon it accidentally.
Apr 10, 2011 12:34 PM

Jun 2009
It's here. ヽ(´∀`)ノ Oh how long have i been waiting, a whole fukken week...

Great episode, as expected after amazing 1st one. I love this series, period.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 10, 2011 12:49 PM

Nov 2009
underMebius said:
I'm starting to hate Minko, oh wait,n I already do. Gaaah! I'm also annoyed at the shy girl too. Ohanaaaaaa.

And at the end.. fffff!!

At least Ohana notices how the three of them are all annoying in their own way. Good cliffhanger but let us see how it will actually play out.
Apr 10, 2011 1:19 PM

Feb 2011
"Die"

hearing her say that excited me, dohoho.

Great episode, again, and I'm warmly waiting for the next one.
Apr 10, 2011 1:24 PM
Mar 2008
torrentsven said:
beautiful 10/10, gems like this is what makes me believe in anime. There is so much shit out there today and most seasons i dont even finish a single show (sometimes i even wonder why i keep watching anime) but then something like this comes along and i <3. I dont evenknow whats so good about it i just want more

This.
There are so many moeblobs nowadays that I'm really starting to get sick of animes.
Thankfully there are still people with ideas in Japan that make great stuff such as this.
Apr 10, 2011 1:29 PM

Nov 2009
I still can't tell if I'll love this show or hate it. Some of the drama in this anime pisses me right off, it feels so out of place and fake. Others parts are great and well done, so it's hard to say if this anime will turn out good or not.

Just in my opinion though...
Apr 10, 2011 1:56 PM
Dec 2007
LOL whats with the cliffhanger xD For a second I was like "Wait, is this still the same series?!" but I think it will probably turn into a joke or sth bc the background music sounded funny and comedic at the end.
Loved this episode. Especially the confrontation between the 3 girls :D
Apr 10, 2011 1:58 PM

Jul 2010
rodac said:
My suspicion is that there was no missing draft--the "author" is just using the opportunity to scam a free month at the resort. Not only a scam artist but a pervy rapist as well, I don't think it's a coincidence that Ohana's name is on the story/fantasy.
The idea of there actually being no draft passed through my mind as well. And Ohana's name? Scary coincidence - and I don't really believe in coincidences.

This episode was just as good as the first one. I love Tooru's character. No, wait, I love all the characters in some way. Tooru, Minko, and of course Ohana, would be my favorites. I don't know what it is, but Tooru keeps reminding me of Sunda from Fractale. Oh, and I love that song he was playing in the car. I want.
Apr 10, 2011 2:00 PM

Jun 2009
Ohana might become one of my favorite characters. She is really an admirable character. Oh and that cliffhanger at the end...can't wait for next episode! And Im starting to love this series <3

Apr 10, 2011 2:07 PM

Aug 2010
Stellar Quality as always! And Lol @ him being a hentai-novelist. Is there anyone really THAT shy? like holy moly
Apr 10, 2011 2:18 PM

Nov 2010
Favourite anime so far this season.

I think the pacing so far has been good and I really love the characters. Art is really nice too
Apr 10, 2011 2:18 PM

Sep 2008
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!
Did you guys hear Mamiko Noto pwn that question in the beginning of the episode?
I bet her parents would be proud of her beyond the galaxies that we can't see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2011 2:26 PM
Dec 2009
cooooooooooooooooool
I loved this ep a lot especially Ohana
Apr 10, 2011 2:55 PM

Oct 2009
Loving the OP. Beautiful animation and a great song.

She's pretty funny while chopping the grass. Their waitress uniform sure is complicated. That other girl is so shy it's painful, I hope by the end of this show she comes out of her shell.

I just love Minko so far, it's nice to see a series filled with girls, yet they aren't completely friendly with each other all the time. She totally has a crush on that chef guy too, I bet.

I love Ohana too, and her name. She's not a complete idiot or airhead. And I loved how they had a radio playing during the scene in the car, it added a lot for some reason. It's pretty funny she tried to copy Minko, but instantly felt bad about it afterwards. Loved the scene where she forces the others to tell her their least favorite food.

The ED theme is awesome, I love sphere. Can't wait for that to be released. The animation is nothing too special, but I do like how the camera is moving when it shows the girls, instead of just a still picture. Makes it more interesting to look at.

Also, I did not even realize that the girl with the pigtails in the OP is Nako, until now. The different hairstyle totally threw me off. xD
Apr 10, 2011 3:04 PM
Feb 2008
For a brief moment I thought I was rewatching Fractale.
Apr 10, 2011 3:06 PM
Sep 2009
I'm glad Ohana called out Minko and Nako, as well as making a resolution to change herself. That shit usually doesn't happen until halfway through the series.

WHAT IS THIS CLIFFHANGER THOUGH?? FFFFF

The ED is really nice.
Apr 10, 2011 3:19 PM

Sep 2009
stevewiess01 said:
lmao!

Loved the episode and like the characters though Ohana has taken a very special place <3. She is not all goody-goody which makes her more <3
Like someone has already mentioned; the draft is for sure a scam.
i want the next episode like now! give me!
Apr 10, 2011 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
Wow. Exceptional episode again. Brilliant.

The characters + the art + the dialogue = a wonderful show.

Glad I decided to watch this. Last season I was so disheartened by the SHIT I watched (IS:Infinite Shit, Freezing, & Dragon Crisis...) This is good stuff.. w/o harem/ecchi/overused plot choices.

Win.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.