Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2011 10:00 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I actually liked a bit of this movie because the good guys were being killed in a good way! Who doesn't love dying by turning into ice cream and cookies? Okay it reasoning of the antagonists seemed half-baked (pun intended) to me, but they provided some awesome fights, especially the last one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2011 5:49 PM
Aug 2009
damn this movie was brutal
Feb 18, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2008
haha magical girl w/ wings and light saber hahaa
thats why i love precure XD
but.... a villian whose objective is to eat candies is...kinda lame...even for precure...
that aside great movie =)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 12, 2012 3:36 AM

Oct 2007
A little late in posting. Also have the opinion that it's a great movie. The fight scenes are rather intense in the last parts. :)

Oh, and I also learned that Yes Precure 5 GoGo movie came close to topping the box office in Japan. Surpassed only by Smile Precure.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-29/smile-precure-film-is-1st-in-franchise-to-top-box-office
Feb 20, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2010
Dat kiss. Did not expect that one bit! Plus those fight scenes! Wow! No wonder the Gogo series has alot of places that looked very poorly animated and drawn. they we're saving the budget/time for this movie and boy did it deliver! Probably the best Precure movie :D
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Dec 25, 2016 9:44 PM

Nov 2012
Can any director top Rie Matsumoto when it comes to precure?

It honestly suck she's moved on passed precure to her own projects before she ever got a case to direct an entire season.

Also that kiss,suspected it might happen but didn't think they'd actually show it since this is a kid movie after all.
Jan 27, 2018 5:59 AM

Apr 2012
So, uh, he wanted to eat candy? That's kinda a low point for villain motivation there.

But I love this movie otherwise! Action scenes were great.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 22, 2020 10:47 PM

Jan 2010
Is it weird that some of the most well animated sequences in the film were of the Precures getting the crap kicked out of them? Also, while I'm always for hard-earned victories, I think some of the imagery in the film were pretty trauma inducing, specifically with Mint hugging Lemonade as they were both candy-fied. That's kind of intense for a kid's show, and it feels a bit out of place for the show's aesthetic. That being said, did they just un-candy themselves via Dream's tearful wishing? Does that actually work?

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the actual first time we've had a Precure kiss someone like that. I'm glad that the franchise isn't afraid of developing their relationships.

I also like how the film tries to get audience participation towards the finale, though it gets uncomfortably close to feeling like popping UOs at an idol concert. Either that, or Precure is getting more and more like DBZ every series, right down to the mid-air close combat. It's crazy watching this franchise grow from series to series. I'm not sure if the Precure characters can serve as good role models for kids, as they use violence to solve a lot of their problems, but I like that the series isn't afraid to show the Precures fight, get beaten into the ground, stand up, and continue fighting despite adversity. It's certainly inspiring to see characters fight for their dreams, physically and emotionally, and I'm glad that kids have a show like Precure to learn from.
Jul 4, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
The action in this was tight!
Oct 16, 2021 2:39 AM

Nov 2013
Those action scenes were really nice.
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 27, 2023 8:16 PM
Sep 2021
Yeah the villains were paper thin but the action was really good. As Dragon Ball movies go this was one of the better ones.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.