Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 8, 2011 5:40 AM

Apr 2008
Best final out of the winter season animes :D
Very exciting final :D
Best op out of the season.
Hoping for a second season, of course.

Apr 8, 2011 6:33 AM

Jun 2008
Iilia said:

God, it's Pandora Hearts all over again.

You are so right there.

Huge disappointment about this ending.

Not only it was predictable but worst of all it was badly executed. The whole battle was completely lame and unexciting. When you feel like sleeping while supposedly watching a great battle you know something is wrong. We couldn't even see the movements they made really.

In general the anime was quite good on the first 2/3s but the last few episodes that seemed to be anime original where badly made bringing the score down.
I haven't even read the manga and i realized immediately that something changed to worse the moment they went a different course. Obviously the scriptwriter hired to wright the original parts wasn't any good and didn't have enough inspiration to right something good. The same goes for the guy creating the panels for this last events.
Apr 8, 2011 7:30 AM

Nov 2009
Well wtf did I just watch ... I didnt like the ending very much, but its still enjoyable - even though Miltsteteinn or the dream demon killed off thousands or maybe more dream demons got pwned byYumeji and Merry? wtf was that.
Apr 8, 2011 8:04 AM

Feb 2008
ending it like this doesn't really do it justice. even if they made a second season it would have to be different for it to be any good. continuing it like this would just make it worse.
Apr 8, 2011 8:22 AM

Dec 2008
What? That really can't be it. What about Pharos Hercules? I guess I'll have to read the manga to find out how the story really ends.

Leon was HOT and a BAD ASS!

7/10
Hannah_AnaApr 8, 2011 8:25 AM
Apr 8, 2011 8:27 AM

Oct 2010
"I Believe in you, believe in yourself."

To be imitationg such a phrase, let me ask who the hell does Yumeji think he is? The producers of this show must be big fans of TTGL.

Ending was pretty lame. They showed Treesea being destroyed, then suddenly cuts it back to Isana's house. And the rest is just some casual dialogs at the park, nothing special.
Apr 8, 2011 8:31 AM

Oct 2008
The people responsible for the soundtrack and the anime original plot should honestly find another job.
God... honestly, this series had the... worst... soundtrack of all animes I have watched... And that includes the crappy harem ones with mall music... Yes, it was that bad for me.

It's a real shame. I hear that the manga material is quite outstanding.
The anime character designs were quite appealing and well drawn.
The premise was interesting.
Apr 8, 2011 9:10 AM

Oct 2010
Such a terrible way to end a series that had such a potential. During the whole fight all I could think is how terrible was the soundtrack during what i expected to be an epic battle.
I enjoy the first half of this anime...after that everything goes downhill.
huh?
Apr 8, 2011 10:01 AM

Oct 2010
this felt like a bit of a meh ending, it really should of ended with a more definite ending, unless there is another series or few OVAs i have nothing to complain about, but i doubt that slightly :(
i still enjoyed the series, it was nice, nothing to special or life changing but it was enjoyable, so i do wish for another season, may you grant my wish?
Apr 8, 2011 10:07 AM

Mar 2011
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
this felt like a bit of a meh ending, it really should of ended with a more definite ending, unless there is another series or few OVAs i have nothing to complain about, but i doubt that slightly :(
i still enjoyed the series, it was nice, nothing to special or life changing but it was enjoyable, so i do wish for another season, may you grant my wish?

OVA?
They kept 75%of the whole plot in order to use it later.
Merry is the next Shakugan no Shana.
Apr 8, 2011 10:25 AM

Apr 2010
There is probably going to be a second season tho this is speculation from my part.

About this episode it was pretty good and i enjoyed watching it.
Mistletine was a pretty good character for a bad guy and i enjoyed having her as one shame she is killed tho and i wonder how the other bad guys are going to look.
Leon joining into the fight was also a nice development it was something unexpected and it made for a nice fight tho i wonder how Chizuru will turn out next season.

Merry seemed to have her will to fight back and she seems more confident now she learned that she can send others back to there dream world.
There is still the question of who she really is and what her powers really are since her background is pretty much unknown besides the fact that she has been in the normal world for a long time now.

Yumeji is a pretty good male lead and i really like his persistence and it seems he can be pretty powerful with the help of John Doe.
And i wonder what we will see next of him.

John Doe is also still a mystery we know he is around Yumeji and helps him from time to time yet we don't know his objectives and what he is after.
And i have to say that it will be nice to know what's going to happen next.

All in all the anime doesn't seems complete yet and there are still many questions unanswered despite this i have to say that this is one of the best Anime from JC Staff.
And i wonder how this is going to end.
I also have to praise the fact that this is one of the only Anime where the beach episode isn't a fan service episode.
And the story was very good.
Apr 8, 2011 11:11 AM

Sep 2007
JC Staff just really screwed up the ending there.
Apr 8, 2011 1:13 PM

Mar 2011
Wasabi said:
JC Staff just really screwed up the ending there.

To be honest, they really were in a dead end here.
Overpowered foe, and the good guys can not use their "power" because it would screw the future S2.
Keys!Merry is a big no, and everyone becoming overpowered and having an awesome fight is also a big no because they are not so good in what is supposed to be the next season;

Granted, it's not perfect ending. But it's pretty much the only good one available.
Apr 8, 2011 1:29 PM

Nov 2007
better off going with the manga I guess. they phased out the anime original characters it seems. the fight was so lame looking. it just looked like shit. I feel generous giving this a 6. the characters were all right but man the fighting was down right awful and the end just sucked. if they wanted anime original they could have done a lot better.
Apr 8, 2011 1:30 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, I'm guessing we're going to have a season 2, probably...

Apr 8, 2011 2:23 PM

May 2009
this anime went downhill so fast (in my opinion) and the last ep had so many holes in it! I loved the animation though...thats about it.

But I have a question. Why didnt she use her super key powers?
Apr 8, 2011 2:27 PM

Mar 2011
mystik said:
better off going with the manga I guess. they phased out the anime original characters it seems. the fight was so lame looking. it just looked like shit. I feel generous giving this a 6. the characters were all right but man the fighting was down right awful and the end just sucked. if they wanted anime original they could have done a lot better.

I will repeat myself,but don't expect a lot of fights in Merry. Really. It is NOT a shounen, like stevewiess01 said.
There are two "big fights" in S2.
They are awesome and really well done. but even then, it is not more than 20 pages, if I remember correctly. And with A LOT of serious talking in the middle. And I mean a lot. So it's short.
Obviously, the fights in the anime cannot be long if in the source material, it is 2 pages long...

I guess it is internet's fault for saying that Merry is a shounen. Everyone is expecting it to be a Shanaclone about fights, when it is not the case at all.
Shounen-esques fights are REALLY rare in Merry. I guess it shouldn't be called a shounen to begin with. It's like watching honey&clover and expecting fights everywhere.

It probably explain a lot of things though. Like why this serie is hated by some and loved by others in the same time,
A bad "advertising" which lead to believe that it is a shounen when it is not. There are some cliche which really belong to the shounen type, but that's all.
Obviously, people expecting a shounen will not like it, and they're totally right.

Yeah, I'm guessing we're going to have a season 2, probably...

I'm quite sure that it is already planned, given what they avoided to reveal. If a season 2 was not planned, there is at least one "important thing" that should have been revealed; and I'm not talking about Merry's identity, which is not really, really important.
But I think that we will have to wait. A LOT.
Shana 3 in october. Hayate no gotoku S3 confirmed. ZnT S4 will probably be made as well, someday. And Index and railgun which WILL be done. No other choice.

If I was nice, I would say that s2 will be out in one year 1/2, or two. At best.

Scytheboy813 said:
this anime went downhill so fast (in my opinion) and the last ep had so many holes in it! I loved the animation though...thats about it.

But I have a question. Why didnt she use her super key powers?

She cannot control it (well, she kind of did it with Parade, but it was FAR less strong.)
And, well. It is stated in the manga later, she don't know how to us it. And she had to go into a "journey in the center of herself" in order to discover how to do it.

So making her use this into a filler wouldn't be a wise move...
willardhwrightApr 8, 2011 2:33 PM
Apr 8, 2011 3:37 PM

Dec 2009
Hm, all I wanted was some fighting action in the last episode, I didn't expect a good story XD And ok, I got it ^^

6/10 for this whole series

started very promising .....

Mysteltein was the best character in this anime
yuno6.jpg
Apr 8, 2011 3:51 PM

Sep 2009
The ending was just wow. The show started off great but then it just kept losing momentum and it was like they tried to squeeze in so much action into the this episode that it ultimately ended up rather underwhelming. orz
Apr 8, 2011 5:31 PM

Jul 2008
FAIL ENDING

Down from 7/10 to 4/10 on how horrifically bad this episode was alone.
Apr 8, 2011 5:34 PM

Jun 2009
Bad ending, up until now all went cool and hoped more from the fight.. -.- 7/10

Apr 8, 2011 7:19 PM

Jul 2009
Horrible ending much? Random fight where she's really strong, then suddenly becomes really weak because you just have to "believe in yourself"? What a load of cliched crap -_-"
Anyways. Disappointing, really. Voices were also randomly off the animations? O_O
Uh, so the series. Random plot holes and loads of unanswered questions. Characters / animation were meh, music was good. Still, I am really disappointed, was hoping for a good ending to cover, but SO DID NOT HAPPEN. 6/10
Apr 8, 2011 7:47 PM
Oct 2007
Way too dragged out. The series could had been better with 10 episodes, save the extra budget for season 2.

6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2011 8:06 PM

Sep 2010
Finally over. Enjoyed it for a few episodes then it got pretty lame as it went on.
Apr 8, 2011 8:21 PM

Jul 2008
Iilia said:
It ended like it began: Merry sending people back to the Dream World. An okay ending to the story of Treesea, but it felt like the ending to an arc, not the story.

Because it is an arc.
Many people seem to not have get it, Treesea is not the main antagonist of the show.
I don't know if there'll be a s2 someday, it'll depend on the sale afterall but clearly they made this as an arc because the story should develop further.
Apr 8, 2011 11:49 PM
Mar 2010
What a disappointing filler arc. Overpowered enemy easily defeated with "faith." I like donuts so I'm going to give it a 7/10.
Apr 9, 2011 2:46 AM

Nov 2008
let's see, the arc started at episode 8 and ended at episode 13... wow... no wonder why it was way too slow and dragged. they couldve make it into 3 eps... Oh well, its one of their standards to have at least 12 eps in a serie.

7/10 because there's a hint of John Doe in Yumeji and introduction of Pharos. Hopefully they will follow the manga properly for the second season because that's the fun part XDD season one is only character development

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 9, 2011 3:15 AM

Aug 2010
I vote for a 2nd season!
Apr 9, 2011 8:25 AM

Nov 2010
Well that was some ending, but by the looks of it perhaps a seconds season might be coming soon?
Apr 9, 2011 10:38 AM

Dec 2008
Orz jc staff what have you done with this great starting show, the last three eps were somehow really bad, it was way too different from the Manga story, which is a shame in this case ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2011 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
A second season is most likely on its way. I didn't think the fighting scenes in this episode were great, and there were a few parts that could use better animation.

Anyway, just WHAT was Yui doing??!

Apr 9, 2011 10:55 AM

Jul 2008
neonwave said:
A second season is most likely on its way. I didn't think the fighting scenes in this episode were great, and there were a few parts that could use better animation.

Anyway, just WHAT was Yui doing??!

She was scared shitless and went nut?
Apr 9, 2011 12:41 PM

Jun 2010
Well I liked it anyways but it would be a major problem if there wasn't a second season.

Seeing as I watched the whole show before starting to read the manga I don't really have a problem with it like the manga readers do. Treesea was awesome, the storyline was okay, and from what I'm reading now it's not like they made any irreperable changes. They could easily make another season that picks up with the manga's plot.

I just don't really see why so many are complaining about it. This show was fine for what it was, now if there never is a second season then I could understand why people are so angry about the deviations.
Apr 9, 2011 1:02 PM

Aug 2010
The ending wasn't good at all but it wasn't bad. And they said that "strength in a Dream is the strength of will" well I believe that. In your Dream you actually can do almost everything but it's hard, it's like you can't control yourself. And you can't see well because you don't have HDMI port in your dream (just joking ^^)

In this anime everything isn't yet clear I'm sure they're going to make the 2nd season.
Apr 9, 2011 2:46 PM

Dec 2009
Loved the show, but the last 3 episodes were...
Pretty bad.
Apr 9, 2011 3:04 PM

Feb 2011
I enjoyed this series a lot but the last couple of episode got too slow and the ending was asking for a second season. I hope they do come out with one.
Apr 9, 2011 3:31 PM

Oct 2009
A lot of questions are still open...
Apr 9, 2011 4:21 PM

Sep 2009
the way it ended seems to indicate a second season on its way

My body is ready!
Apr 9, 2011 4:46 PM

Sep 2010
I liked most of the show, but this episode wasn't too great.
A lot of things are still unaddressed. Second season?
Apr 9, 2011 11:20 PM
Apr 2011
I really enjoyed this anime, it shows far the creators will go without eating up the source material.

I admit, I haven't read the manga (though I might as well seeing as I enjoyed the anime) but after seeing most of your comments, I can probably guess that their leaving the manga to build up more before they let the anime plough though it.

The general expectation is that this show will get a second season (and rightfully so), but who says the show will get the "all clear" too? It seems like the show has been a little over-confident that they will get a chance to finish the story, I'm worried that the show might not have impressed the network enough for that second season.
Apr 10, 2011 4:20 AM

Nov 2008
vinnyboiler said:
The general expectation is that this show will get a second season (and rightfully so), but who says the show will get the "all clear" too? It seems like the show has been a little over-confident that they will get a chance to finish the story, I'm worried that the show might not have impressed the network enough for that second season.

Well, the second season might get cancelled if the audience weren't drawn into the first season because of the bad last few episodes.

If the manga is so much better, why couldn't they just use it? Instead of all the plot changes, this could've been a really great anime.
Apr 10, 2011 6:37 AM
Jul 2010
Great concept and great first episode. Went downhill from there.

Really, the characters are great and the story itself wasn't so bad at all except it was completely unfinished. So many things that were mentioned but not developed and/or resolved. We never got to know how Merry got to the Dream World nor what her power truly is. We never got to know why people are perfectly fine when she defeats the Dream Demons but become apathetic if that's done by any other Dream Demon. I still wonder what are Pharos intentions in invading reality and I'd like to know more about John Doe and what's his role in all this. Oh, and what about Engi and her revenge? So many plot points that weren't addressed to...

And this final episode was kinda stupid and anti-climatic not to mention that, apart from Yumeji realizing his power in the Dream World, the battle made no sense at all. Chizuru in the last scene being better than all those people whose dreams got shattered was kinda stupid too.

I hope this gets a second season but perhaps it should be better to just read the manga... Either way, this gets a 6/10 from me right now. IF a good second season comes, I may raise it to a 7 knowing that this isn't a definite ending.
Apr 10, 2011 2:12 PM
Dec 2010
Season 2 plox
Apr 10, 2011 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
The art was really cool looking and the story was interesting. It was a bit slow at times, but the ending was ridiculously rushed... I really liked a lot about it but it had some issues...
Overall about an 8 out of 10. Maybe a little lower.
よ!僕はジェフです。エンジニアです。日本語が下手です。もっと勉強しなきゃいけない!
Apr 10, 2011 6:44 PM
Apr 2010
Wtf.... The action was crap, the progression was shit, and the ending was just plain abrupt... =/ wth did i seriously watch?! I felt absolutely no emotion from that whatsoever. junk ending.
Apr 10, 2011 7:29 PM

May 2010
Half way through this show i knew this would be the typical ending, but ohh boy, how wrong was I. It was a lot worse.

The whole thing was so random. Guillotine sword, AIR TRUMPET?!?! Everything was lost at that point, and it finishes with the famous punch (and sword in this case) and the awe so powerful enemy is defeated. What a joke. If this doesn't get a second season, it will only serve to prove what a shit anime this was. 5/10
Apr 10, 2011 8:32 PM

Nov 2008
Well rushed and open end. It wasn't bad but not too good.

7/10
Apr 10, 2011 9:02 PM

Apr 2010
GOD this anime had so much going for it then it got that shitty excuse for an ending I just watched. That ending alone brought down my score like crazy. I liked this anime but I can't even express how disappointed I am with this last episode. 6/10
Apr 10, 2011 11:48 PM
Mar 2008
RedLunge said:
Well I liked it anyways but it would be a major problem if there wasn't a second season.

Seeing as I watched the whole show before starting to read the manga I don't really have a problem with it like the manga readers do. Treesea was awesome, the storyline was okay, and from what I'm reading now it's not like they made any irreperable changes. They could easily make another season that picks up with the manga's plot.

I just don't really see why so many are complaining about it. This show was fine for what it was, now if there never is a second season then I could understand why people are so angry about the deviations.

well it was'nt a bad anime per say,i enjoyed this too,it was rather cute,but this show had so much going for especially with the first episode opener which was really impressive,than everything else after that,with the exceptions of episodes 5 and 6 felt so rushed compared to the manga's plot,for example,what was the purpouse of that big scary demon monster we saw in episode 10,merry never even fought him,all we saw was a fight between her and treesea,but other than that,this was a fun show which i gave it a 7 out of 10,heres hoping for a season 2 because alot of things were unresolved:D
Apr 11, 2011 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
Good show. But like everyone else is saying, the ending was really weird. I guess the earthquake took it's toll on J.C. Staff's budget and employees.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

73 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.