Forum Settings
Forums

Manga Author Hints Third Season of Hayate The Combat Butler

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 7, 2011 3:36 PM

Feb 2011
Interesting. I'll keep my eyes/ears open on this. Still trying to finish whatever is out now. (On episode 29 now...)
Apr 7, 2011 3:50 PM

Aug 2007
hope it's funnier than the second season... i watch this series for laughs, not drama and fan service. sheesh >_>
Apr 7, 2011 3:53 PM
Sep 2009
Yes, moar Hayate no Gotoku!

Now we get to finally see more of A-tan. Can't wait till this is official.
Apr 7, 2011 3:54 PM

Oct 2010
Great news. more Hina.
Apr 7, 2011 4:37 PM
Mar 2010
StormViruz said:
HnG!!! = HNNNNNGGGG!!

I lol'ed :D

Would the third season be animated by Manglobe like the movie?
Apr 7, 2011 4:52 PM

Nov 2010
YAY. HINAGIKU + A-TAN!
Apr 7, 2011 4:57 PM

Oct 2007
Saw this coming from a mile away.
Apr 7, 2011 4:59 PM

Sep 2009
haven't even watched the 1st season yet, and now I hear there's more to come?

Bring it, my body is ready
Apr 7, 2011 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
I will never make the mistake of watching any more Hayate.

Yo JC just give us ZnT4, it couldn't be worse than more Hayate.

(PS Hayate is bad)
Apr 7, 2011 5:47 PM

Jun 2010
Also, what movie is coming out? I haven't read anything about it.
Apr 7, 2011 6:31 PM

Mar 2011
Finally. I want the limelight to be more on Nagi this time, so doo eeet! :)
Apr 7, 2011 6:47 PM
Dec 2007
Detective said:
I will never make the mistake of watching any more Hayate.

Yo JC just give us ZnT4, it couldn't be worse than more Hayate.

(PS Hayate is bad)
As much as I liked the second season, I really want some other studio to handle it. JC's track record this year is pretty bad.

Apr 7, 2011 6:50 PM

Sep 2010
Cool. Will watch.
Apr 7, 2011 7:18 PM

Feb 2008
Nice. I enjoyed the first two seasons so I'll of course be checking this out.
Apr 7, 2011 7:23 PM

Feb 2010
the greatest news i've gotten all year!
Apr 7, 2011 7:30 PM

Jun 2009
Awesome!! Would love to see more parodies this season.

I wonder if there will be 3 exclamation points this season. Hayate no Gotoku!!!
Apr 7, 2011 11:35 PM

Oct 2009
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this for years! FINALLY!!!! MOAR HINA! And A-tan!

Do want.

Hope this gets confirmed and hope its not by JC.
Apr 8, 2011 12:07 AM

Jan 2010
YES !!!! THIS REALLY MADE MY DAY <3

And Hata-sensei corfirmed it already on twitter, yeeeeeeees <333<33
Apr 8, 2011 11:46 AM

Jan 2009
great news <3
Apr 9, 2011 10:07 PM

May 2008
Yaaay! I was waiting to see when we'd finally hear wind of the third season <333 SO EXCITED!!

Apr 11, 2011 7:17 AM
Jul 2010
Such a great comedy anime, can't wait, :)
Apr 20, 2011 12:56 PM
Oct 2010
I love hayate :D It's just very long for me xD
May 5, 2011 4:57 PM

Jul 2008
*sniff* *sniff* I...I'm so...So Happy... *cries*
xbox : Okami Sphere
May 10, 2011 12:42 AM

Feb 2008
Hopefully Manglobe will handle it as well as the movie, their adaptation of TWGOK has been one of the best I've ever seen.
May 14, 2011 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
I'd give an arm and a leg for SynergySP to animate the third season and for this season to be 50+ episodes...
May 15, 2011 9:35 AM
Sep 2009
Asteradragon said:
I'd give an arm and a leg for SynergySP to animate the third season and for this season to be 50+ episodes...

Same here, but I was satisfied with JC Staff's production. I wonder if Manglobe will animate this considering they're doing the movie...
May 15, 2011 12:18 PM
Dec 2007
Goosey said:
Asteradragon said:

Same here, but I was satisfied with JC Staff's production. I wonder if Manglobe will animate this considering they're doing the movie...
I would agree with the Synergy love if they had properly animated the latter half of the first season but they completely screwed it up in my opinion. They never considered the possibility that a second season might happen which leads me to believe they never intended to be involved beyond the first season. I have no opinions on how manglobe would handle it until I see the Hayate movie but as a studio Manglobe is pretty good. I just don't feel at ease with JC Staff right now, their track record this last year has been horrible.

May 19, 2011 3:01 AM

Jun 2010
I liked the second season waaay more than the first one. Not only did it stick close to the manga but the animation was much better (the colors!) too. I also loved the openings and endings, which is very rare for me.
I don't know about the JC Staff recent problems - of course if they are going to screw the third season up, I don't want them to even touch that... But they did a pretty good job with the second one nevertheless.

Oh, and also...
WHY THE HECK DOES EVERYBODY LOVE THE KATSURA FREAKIN' HINAGIKU SO MUCH?!
Seriously, she's the one character I can't stand. She's just so... flat. No, not like that. I mean she's unrealistic and totally unfunny. What is the purpose of even having her in the story..? Oh wait, there is one - she's the sister of one of the most amusing HnG characters ever, Yuukiji!
May 27, 2011 11:58 PM
Sep 2009
eworm said:
Oh, and also...
Seriously, she's the one character I can't stand. She's just so... flat. No, not like that. I mean she's unrealistic and totally unfunny. What is the purpose of even having her in the story..? Oh wait, there is one - she's the sister of one of the most amusing HnG characters ever, Yuukiji!

You should be put down.
May 28, 2011 9:42 PM

Sep 2010
Goosey said:
eworm said:
Oh, and also...

You should be put down.

Agreed.

One a more objective note, the purpose of having Hina in the story, as well as why she receives so much focus, is simple. Hina is single-handedly responsible for HnG's success. Don't believe me? Go check out the popularity polls. If you like HnG at all, you should be very grateful to her for actually allowing the series to be popular enough to continue.
May 29, 2011 2:06 AM
Dec 2007
AzureSkyz said:
Goosey said:
eworm said:
Oh, and also...

You should be put down.

Agreed.

One a more objective note, the purpose of having Hina in the story, as well as why she receives so much focus, is simple. Hina is single-handedly responsible for HnG's success. Don't believe me? Go check out the popularity polls. If you like HnG at all, you should be very grateful to her for actually allowing the series to be popular enough to continue.
So you guys finally admit the writer gave Hinagiku such an exaggerated amount of spotlight merely as fan pandering, right?

May 29, 2011 3:26 AM

Apr 2011
Kyaaa~!
Finally! I've been waiting for this!
Thnk you very much howdoeshe for asking!
May 29, 2011 8:48 AM
Dec 2009
Leon-Gun said:
AzureSkyz said:
Goosey said:
eworm said:
Oh, and also...

You should be put down.

Agreed.

So you guys finally admit the writer gave Hinagiku such an exaggerated amount of spotlight merely as fan pandering, right?

Then if she has too much spotlight in the series doesn't that then make her the next main character too Hayate, Nagi and Maria then?

May 29, 2011 12:29 PM
Dec 2007
kandiiyuutaamu said:

Then if she has too much spotlight in the series doesn't that then make her the next main character too Hayate, Nagi and Maria then?
That's besides the point. I'd think people would be more bothered by an author that lets it's work be shaped by the whims of a portion of fans. A writer should look to please it's fans but they can't allow their work to be at the mercy of ever-changing readers. Otherwise That means he's just writing a story to sell, rather than a story he truly wants to write.

That's my view on extreme fan pandering at least.

May 30, 2011 9:04 PM

Sep 2010
There's nothing to "admit", as I have never denied this fact. It is quite obvious that her focus comes as a result of the fans. For a parody-comedy like HnG, fan-pandering is a non-issue because the plot might as well be non-existent. Can anyone truly claim to watch/read HnG for the plot? If more fans like a certain character, then that character becoming the focus of the story makes complete sense in this kind of story.

HnG is not trying to be deep or philosophical - its sole purpose is to entertain, and its success and "quality" are determined by its ability to do so. The fans have given their say as to what they believe is the most entertaining way of continuing the work, and the author has complied. The author is intelligent enough to realize that his story is not plot-based, and therefor will not be ruined by giving more focus to the most popular character. If the author realizes that his work can be improved by switching focus to a more popular character, and that such a change will not affect the story's quality, then he is making the correct decision by following through with this change.

Personally, I know I would definitely have stopped watching if I didn't know that Hina was going the spotlight in season 2. In my opinion, Hina is by far the best character in the show. This is my personal opinion, and I will not attempt to convince anyone else; character merit is completely subjective, and is simply a matter of personal taste - there is no way I can objectively prove my point using arguments and evidence. This show relies on its characters to be entertaining; if I don't like the characters, I will stop watching it.
Jun 6, 2011 10:49 AM

Jun 2010
AzureSkyz said:
Can anyone truly claim to watch/read HnG for the plot?

I can. And I do.
Of course removing the comedy would ruin it, but removing Hinagiku... I don't think so.
Okay, at least not for me.
And yes, I know it's just my personal opinion, and for some reason, which I still don't get, I'm in minority here... But, you know, I like the characters to have something more than just fans.
Hmm, now that I think about it, I'd probably be able to get to like her a little if there was, say, an arc about her and Yuukiji's past troubles. That would be enough for me. Anything, damn, make her human!

Okay, let us drop the offtop. The thread's about the third season. Can't wait.
ewormJun 6, 2011 10:56 AM
Jun 9, 2011 9:19 PM

Dec 2010
Removing Hinagiku? Then the Manga will lose like 60% of its popularity. Hinagiku is the reason this is my #1 Manga and Anime.

I believe the author draws what the fans like. :D

And I also believe that the third season is going to be a huge success. Introducing the newest character Luka along with the shrunk A-tan. XD
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Jun 10, 2011 5:02 AM
Dec 2007
allenallenallen said:
Removing Hinagiku? Then the Manga will lose like 60% of its popularity. Hinagiku is the reason this is my #1 Manga and Anime.

I believe the author draws what the fans like. :D

And I also believe that the third season is going to be a huge success. Introducing the newest character Luka along with the shrunk A-tan. XD
Duh, that's pretty obvious. You can tell the focus is given mostly to the top characters from the popularity polls. I've already shown what I think about that though.

Jun 11, 2011 3:11 PM

Jul 2009
Film then third season! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! ^_^
Jun 14, 2011 8:31 PM
May 2011
Jun 23, 2011 7:36 PM

Sep 2010
How did I miss this awesome news.
Jun 24, 2011 8:06 PM

Feb 2010
im gonna need this movie and third season after watching the taiwanese drama butcher the story
Aug 22, 2011 5:54 AM

Feb 2009
this one made my day!! so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:))))))))))))))))
Aug 24, 2011 4:03 PM
Dec 2009
I have one quick question if we know that the movie is going to be aired by the Anime Studio which is Manglobe, then which Studio will take in the Third Season of Hayate No Gotoku after the Movie is finished or will it stay to the same one?

Aug 24, 2011 4:11 PM

Nov 2010
Guess I'll have to start watching the second season.
Aug 24, 2011 4:25 PM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:
I have one quick question if we know that the movie is going to be aired by the Anime Studio which is Manglobe, then which Studio will take in the Third Season of Hayate No Gotoku after the Movie is finished or will it stay to the same one?

It hasn't been announced, so nobody here could know. It's gone from Synergy SP to JC Staff to Manglobe... so it could end up anywhere next.
I have a feeling they're testing out Manglobe for a possible third season.
Aug 27, 2011 8:17 AM
Dec 2009
kuroshi_nazo said:
jmal said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:

It hasn't been announced, so nobody here could know. It's gone from Synergy SP to JC Staff to Manglobe... so it could end up anywhere next.
I have a feeling they're testing out Manglobe for a possible third season.

Hmm... That'll be very interesting for that to happen though.

Sep 2, 2011 12:57 AM

Jul 2010
Awesome! And I just finished both seasons weeks ago.
Sep 10, 2011 2:51 PM
Sep 2009
YEAAAA I JUST SAY THIS!!
Click!
Sep 11, 2011 7:40 PM
Sep 2011
i have seen all of them and i cant what to git the movie
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
56 seconds ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

23 by Avery20 »»
58 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.