Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 24, 2013 5:34 PM

Oct 2011
Uh, I wonder how L will get out of the situation xD

I wonder if the thing with Light being L's friend is the truth or a trick to make it harder on Light if he actually is Kira.. or 50/50. I can really believe that L considers him a friend since he probably never had anything to do with anyone his age..
Apr 21, 2013 9:45 AM

Feb 2013
Light is maybe having second thoughts of killing L.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Apr 21, 2013 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
RiukixD said:
Uh, I wonder how L will get out of the situation xD

I wonder if the thing with Light being L's friend is the truth or a trick to make it harder on Light if he actually is Kira.. or 50/50. I can really believe that L considers him a friend since he probably never had anything to do with anyone his age..

You figured it out, even at that moment L was just trying to put pressure on Light in the case he was Kira, though Light didn't fall for t.
May 3, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
I hope that L don't die..
It's just too soon..
Now we will se how L will resolve this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2013 8:12 PM

Oct 2012
That L first friend aww :(
No don't hit Misa, Light XD

Wow, L noo don't, too soon...
"Signature removed"
Jul 22, 2013 6:06 PM

Jun 2013
They can't just kill L, can they? I mean, there would be no point for me to watch this show if they will.
By this time, I totally lost count of how many people Light (and also Misa) have killed altogether. Must be over 150 or 200 (not counting the 20-30 innocent people they also killed as "collateral damage"). That's a lot lot lot. And somehow the fact that the method they use for killing people is so distant and cold, makes their actions look very cowardly and despicable.
I'm starting to really care about L. When he said Light was his first friend, I said to myself "You picked the worst person to be your friend, son." Poor guy.
Aug 7, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
LeeTailor said:
I'm starting to really care about L. When he said Light was his first friend, I said to myself "You picked the worst person to be your friend, son." Poor guy.

This :X I felt bad for him.
Aug 14, 2013 7:32 PM

Jun 2013
Misa is a really annoying ditz. At least they could have made her hot, then at least it'd be a fair trade off.

Aug 18, 2013 8:38 PM

May 2013
i think shes underestimating L. L is a genius L might have a plan
Aug 29, 2013 1:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It seems way too easy for L to die just like that. L is awesome, it will take more than a simple favor to dispose of L. I see L putting up a good fight, and possibly owning Light at times.

As for the episode Misa is so cute, and the Goldberg Spear she did to Light before they went home was priceless.

Nov 23, 2013 7:19 AM

Jul 2013
Awwww, Light and L moments ^^ Even though I like yaoi, I always hated this pairing. Like really hated. But now I'm starting to like them as a couple :P
Dec 14, 2013 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
Okay so as I said my suspicions fell to 10%... But so weird. Anyways I feel like Light will try to stop Rem.
Jan 25, 2014 12:43 AM

Oct 2013
not for 1 second do i think L is gonna get killed by rem
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 27, 2014 1:00 AM

Dec 2010
Xinil said:
You know, ever since I started reading the manga, Misa's hotness has lessened. She's freakin' HOT in the manga. The anime cannot do her any justice. Light looks the same though. *cries*
Yeah, Misa is so repelling at this point.

Chelle said:
My favorite moment: "This is the first time I've ever wanted to punch a girl." ROFLMAO
Rofl, yes xD
Apr 3, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode!
Jun 12, 2014 11:19 PM

Jan 2014
Chelle said:
Great episode (as always!!!) My favorite moment: "This is the first time I've ever wanted to punch a girl." ROFLMAO
HAHHAHA. mine too :D Such an amusing episode.
Didn't know it could get even more interesting. :)
Jun 22, 2014 6:16 AM
Sep 2013
L kun!!!! Don't die!!!!!
Aug 31, 2014 12:41 PM

Mar 2014
Oh L. Having friends and shit. I really like him. I think there's something fishy going on with the Rem/Light thing though.
Oct 7, 2014 9:10 PM

Oct 2013
"... This is the first time in my life I've been provoked to hit a woman." rofl'd so hard

I too wonder if L told Light that he's the first friend he's ever really had just to provoke him, but part of me feels it might be true. What I think is more important, however, is that Light might come to sympathize with L because of what L said.

Things are not looking good for L at the moment, indeed.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 19, 2014 10:56 PM

Sep 2014
Wow Rem and Ryuk sure are different. Ryuk's all like "IDGAF, I'm on nobody's side, gime more apples plzkthx" while Rem's all like "IDGAF if I die just to see you die"

@_@
Dec 17, 2014 2:37 PM
Jul 2014
Honestly Misa has been the worst part of the anime so far. The whole second kira part with Light helping with the investigation was cool (atleast at the start of it. Then her videos to the police were bad too when she mentioned the eyes and whatnot), but now that Misa was introduced, I really don't like how it's changed. She's so annoying. And she's kind of unnecessary too.
WanderingWispDec 17, 2014 2:43 PM
Jan 6, 2015 11:00 PM
Dec 2014
^ Yeah, me too.
Mar 14, 2015 8:51 PM
Jan 2015
i don't think L will die so easily
Mar 16, 2015 4:45 PM

Dec 2014
Rem doesn't seem that stupid, she apparently agreed on killing L but Light's intentions and insincerity must be very clear to her. I don't expect L to die just like that too, anyway.

Obviously Light wanted to cleverly use Misa's affection to him to get rid of Rem and L at once. If a Death God kill someone to help a human they like, he/she dies . But if he/she does it for a human he/she doesn't like, apparently it doesn't kill him/her. It sounds kinda lame, but Rem still will be ultimately doing it for Misa, who she likes. Let's see what happens next.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 20, 2015 9:41 PM

Jul 2011
Zadion said:
"... This is the first time in my life I've been provoked to hit a woman." rofl'd so hard

You're not the only one, Light.

L can't die that easily. Why? Because that would make Misa's character an even MORE convenient plot development. Just no. OTL
Apr 24, 2015 10:58 AM
Nov 2014
Damn Misa is getting on my nerve abit but Light was fantastic as usual in this episode. Interesting plan with using Rem's shinigami power to try to kill L.
May 7, 2015 9:25 AM
Dec 2011
when L told light "light is his 1st friend" i think it was L's wish that "L wish they could be friends" but L knows light is acting way too suspicious that's why L TOLD MUOGI to follow light. the reason L told his wish (that L and light could be friends) is to get close to light its a trick that has some truth to it "IF light wasn't under L suspicion" also by saying it L wanted light to think that " L trusts light" and if he is KIRA to piss him off at the same time put guilty pressure on light!

its working little by little L is closer to light. it's ironic light wanted to get L's trust but (L never trusted light) L got closer to light instead.

the shock light had when L told this prove this its like light is subconsciously asking L "YOU THINK OF ME AS A FRIEND BUT I NEVER THOUGHT OF YOU LIKE THAT AND I AM THE PERSON WHOSE GOING TO KILL YOU L????" L is getting to light as i said above its L's wish is if he could be friends with light L just said his WISH OUT LOUD but in reality L don't feel this way.

L knows light is not himself when he is with cops...L knows light is hiding something!! and L is pissed underneath even though he doesn't show it to anyone .so many people L knew has died one after another because of this lunatic KIRA.L just need some evidences against light thats all just a one signal puzzle piece.

i have to say when L told light that friend line and gave a cute smile i burst in to tears . light is a bastard light don't deserve a friend like L or a girl like that tu-ho women.

oh my god my L is going to die.. this cant be just thinking about it make tears fall down my cheek please don't die L i love you so much you are the epic person i have ever seen ohhh L !!!!
lakshikaMay 7, 2015 10:24 PM
May 7, 2015 10:55 PM
Dec 2011
okay i just wanted to say this i think even though RIYUK said he is not on anybodies side he likes L . RIYUK is always impressed by L . i really think RIYUK likes L because the way RIYUK was shocked when light asked misa to ask rem to kill L is unnatural for RIYUK .

i mean RIYUK dont care right? RIYUK should have laugh or said "ohhhh!!!" or something but rather RIYUK was speechless and at the end when REM agreed because of misa RIYUK was frozen shock.

i think RIYUK likes L as a good genuine human who fights with everything he has to defeat god power. also RIYUK might think "L is a human who think like a human"

i know RIYUK is not taking L side but i think RIYUK thinks more about L and i can feel RIYUK has genuine respect and admiration for L's fight! i think RIYUK even curious to see how L win. i am saying these things after watching RIYUK's behavior,talk,actions around L and light :3

no matter what you do light L is the winner he will kick your sorry ass just you wait!

L face head on every challenge never backing down ever , L is not even afraid of DEATH that's why even RIYUK like him and respect him!

L has so much courage and charisma that light can only dream of getting never achieving :3 L is on a another level he is the best genius he will always find a way or has a card up his sleeve :3

not like light who hides around and kill people :3
L is like hawk once he notice his pray he will never let it go ever remember that light! :3
May 25, 2015 3:03 PM

Jul 2014
4/5
Jul 2, 2015 9:44 PM

Apr 2014
L's first friend ;______;
so cute

also so sad
Jul 9, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2014
Lights his first friend ever? awhh. Over the last few eps. I've been looking at this show as a romcom.
---------My Profile------------
Aug 6, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2014
Misa: *jumps on Light*

Light: hooooh.... this is the first time in my entire life that I seriously wanted to hit a girl.

FCKING PERFECT LOL
Aug 11, 2015 9:10 AM
Jan 2015
I don't think L was being serious abut "first friend". Maybe it was a way of intimidate Light or something like that?

Not because it would be his first friend(hello antissocial detective) but because I don't see L befriending Light while he is investigating him.

Also, something say to me Rem can't kill L so easily, but there's no way L will see Rem coming too, so that's gonna be? L will have body doubles? Maybe they're all a bunch of twins? That would explain why L eats so much sugar and don't get diabetes or get fat.
Sep 27, 2015 3:52 PM

Mar 2010
Even rewatching this.. I still feel the intensity :v

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 11, 2015 4:51 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
that cant be he cant die o.o

Oct 28, 2015 4:58 AM
Jun 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CUShSdeDo

Check the video link out for a in depth character review of Light Yagam! If you enjoyed this discussion then subscribe for more Death Note discussion videos on my youtube channel!!
Nov 6, 2015 4:45 PM

Nov 2014
I wonder will Light's plan work? Probably not, but lets see what happens next!
Nov 7, 2015 12:48 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Misa is really irritating though...

5/5
Jan 17, 2016 5:31 PM

Dec 2015
I love Ryuks laugh, just love it :D Each time I hear it, I'm like ''Ryuk, you're so awesome''.
The whole Light being L's first friend is really really sweet. The intention could of course be to make Light more uncertain (etc), but nonetheless it was very sweet. And I do think that there was a whole bunch of truth behind that statement, since L is a loner? And considering that they're very much alike, they could easily be somewhat 'friends'. No matter how you look at it, it's really moving.
Rem was very sweet too with her attachment. This episode had plenty of sweet moments.

And I do admit that Light secretly wanting to punch Misa was pretty funny. And it's great that he never before had thought about hitting a girl :D
But I don't think L will die so easily? I also don't want him to. But I can't bring myself to hate Light, I still like him as well.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Jan 31, 2016 5:36 PM

Aug 2012
Aww, noooo. I feel so bad for L. When L said that Light was his very first friend I just went, "Noooo......". Damn it L. That will never happen T-T

Love the line where Light wanted to punch Misa so badly. Lol!
Apr 16, 2016 11:14 PM

Apr 2015
It annoys me how Misa is so willing to be manipulated by Light.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 29, 2016 2:58 PM

Jan 2016
I say the same... That easily ??! that was a shocking! shit is about to get serious i believe, Got maybe 2 "girlfriends"? what will happen.. what will happen to L! your as his very first friend after all Light, what will u or L do..Next!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 2, 2016 5:12 AM

Jun 2016
Somebody please stop L's eating!
wow, I can't believe Light has to put up with Misa. What's wrong with her anyway? Her devotion seems exaggerated, saying things like "you can even kill me".
Aug 30, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2013
Nah, I'm sure Light wouldn't want L to go down like that. Dang when L called Light his friend, that really hurt my feelings
Apr 14, 2017 9:20 AM

Sep 2016
Somehow Light seemed to be more emotionally involved with L's possible death than Misa's passion, lmao.
To be exact, this was the first time he's ever wanted to punch a girl.

Honestly I don't get Misa. A Shinigami died for her and she didn't give a damn, but Light accidentally revenged for her and she could do everything for him even sacrificing herself. I guess that's the power of good looking.
Sep 16, 2017 2:40 AM

May 2014
I actually kind of like Misa- her personality plays off of Light's so well and she's "smart-stupid" if that makes sense.

It's also interesting to see Rem's relationship with Misa just because it's the polar opposite to Light and Ryuk's. We all know that Ryuk would happily watch Light die without blinking, but Rem fully intends to die to stop any harm coming to Misa and I think that's real sweet. Misa's one lucky girl with two Shinigami loving her *o*

That development at the end though!!!
I honestly think part of Light doesn't want L to die yet and L doesn't want Light to be Kira because they're basically two sides of the same coin. The whole cat and mouse game they're playing would end too and it's obvious Light gets a huge kick out of that- the challenge is massively alleviating his boredom.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
I wasn't really paying attention lol :-) Blonde girl is annoying af.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 1, 2018 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
wow! L will die :D
nah he won't that's too easy, but still I love Misa :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 15, 2018 3:38 PM

Aug 2007
The thing is, before Light even got the Death Note, he would STILL be manipulative like this. Even before being power hungry... even before he broke away from a normal school life... I absolutely love him as a character because the way he's written stays very true to his holier-than-thou outlook on life.

Feb 15, 2019 6:44 AM

Dec 2018
L probably lied when he said to Light that he is his "first friend ever".

So Rem actually have an affection for Misa, though she said she didn't on couple of episodes ago.

Someone new investigating Light, Ryuk didnt tell him though.

Weird that Light's father didn't get surprised that Light is still a suspect, even though L said that Light will be clear of suspicion when he deduced that there's a second Kira.

" Will L die so easily, just like this?"----> Every anime-only watcher thought
Light probably have an affection for L now
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

915 by Lowsttt14 »»
Apr 13, 10:57 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 8, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.