MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hanasaku Iroha Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hanasaku Iroha »» Hanasaku Iroha Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

269 67.08%
4 out of 5: Liked it

92 22.94%
3 out of 5: It was OK

26 6.48%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

11 2.74%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.75%
Voters: 401

04-03-11, 2:25 PM

Azael said:
Wow :O I already hate the mother and the grandma.

And the Uncle, like I said all the adults are not currently; being portrayed positively

04-03-11, 2:27 PM

Finally not a "happy go around" slice of life series. I loved the first episode, totally grabbed my attention, the art is beautiful, the soundtracks are all catchy so I have no complains for now.
Ito Kanae's voice fits the character really well and I really like the freshness it has.

04-03-11, 3:02 PM

and here i thought this was gonna be a really melodramatic coming of age anime, thank god its not so far. Its actually very pleasant and bubbly not to mention beautiful

04-03-11, 3:20 PM

Amazing visuals - art, animation and character design are all excellent. This first episode made a huge impression on me and I expect greatness from this anime. I just liked it all around.

04-03-11, 3:21 PM

sayami said:
Finally not a "happy go around" slice of life series.

Why isn't it a "happy go around"?
Dunno, but I've been smiling during the whole episode, so it looks pretty happy to me. Gonna be a nice lighthearted fun all the way.

04-03-11, 3:22 PM

Very good first impression. Yay for 26 episodes, nice passing the time with a nice series like this.

04-03-11, 3:24 PM

Awesome, awesome first episode. Beautiful art, generally pleasant but at the same time sad, and I didn't mind the voice actors too much. We're in for a wild ride.

Though I hate, hate, HATE the grandmother with a passion. One episode in and already some physical abuse. Then again, there might be some grandmothers that treat their grandchildren as workers. (My grandmother isn't like that, she's the sweet one)

Also, I think that little scene in the train (where the elderly woman gave candy and enjoyed a view with Ohana) was significant. It's in contrast to her grandmother's real personality. I also think we're going to have a lesson... Tamayura style. (How an event changes a character forever)

This is going to be an awesome series.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"

04-03-11, 3:32 PM

I don't think I've ever hated a grandma so much.

04-03-11, 3:46 PM

I love this first episode! This anime is going to be great!!

I also love the grandma! She is going to be awesome. She definitely plays the Yubaba of the series well. I expect a lot of great things from her in the future episodes.

btw, when Ohana not only asked to be hit, but took the hits without showing weakness, was I the only one who thought;

'Cool and Spicy!'

04-03-11, 4:20 PM

Really enjoyed this first ep so I'm excited to watch some more of this.

04-03-11, 4:24 PM

Awesome episode, but i dont think the grandma is as bad as some are making her out to be, but then again this is only the beginning of the series, i hope the rest of the episodes follow the same feeling/pace this had.

I will continue to watch this series, looks very promising.

04-03-11, 4:30 PM

mrSmiles said:
Awesome episode, but i dont think the grandma is as bad as some are making her out to be

agreed. She isn't some evil villain, she is just a relic of a previous age. An more old fashioned age. I expect later episodes will get to flesh her out much often, no doubt about it.

04-03-11, 4:45 PM

I thought the mum was pretty cool until she sends her off. Looks very promising.

04-03-11, 4:51 PM

well, P.A. Works is probably the current best background artists in all anime producers.. and their animation is still great.. hopefully, the 26 episodes in this original anime would do it a good thing by providing more development for the characters.. this is absolutely worth the watch..

and i'm starting to really love Ohana.. her way of thinking that her life needs a dramatic twist plus her being knowledgeable of the arts of troping is so win.. and she's kyawaii..

04-03-11, 4:54 PM

Not a huge fan of Slice of life anime since the year after Haruhi made my stomach turn with the genre but this series seems pretty interesting. I'm into the type of anime that goes all the way with either language, morals, or gore and this one seems like it will go pretty far in at the very least morals. Don't think it will be as profane as black lagoon but thats just unrealistic to expect I suppose. 4/5 so far for me.

04-03-11, 5:05 PM

the Art just Fvckn' awesome. Hope no more drama than this...
but, 26 episodes...oh well

04-03-11, 5:16 PM

impressive animation
how come i feel like this is another k-on twist?

04-03-11, 5:36 PM

I really like the art style of this one. When the anime is a slice of life, that is a really important aspect of it. I hope it doesn't decrease, the quality, after the first episode.

Ohana is really cute and her seiyuu suits her incredibly well.

04-03-11, 5:44 PM

For first impressions, it's a very pretty anime, that's for sure. I absolutely love the character design for Ohana, and her hair reminds me of Sex Hair (forgot her name) from Amagami SS.

At the end the general storyline definitely left me wanting more. Still too early to judge how things'll happen since it's just the first episode, but I'm fairly sure Hanasaku Iroha won't disappoint me. A definite change of pace from the overly moeblob fanservice shows!

This wasn't an anime that particularly jumped out at me when looking through a preview guide, and I just downloaded it on a whim since I had some free-time. This might be a surprise hit for me for the season, and I'm excited to see what will happen next.

04-03-11, 6:53 PM

Good training video on bad parenting. It was tough to watch at times (mostly grandma's viciousness), but Ohana's quite the charmer and show is just pretty. Keep it up PA Works.

Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices