MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hanasaku Iroha Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hanasaku Iroha »» Hanasaku Iroha Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

267 66.92%
4 out of 5: Liked it

92 23.06%
3 out of 5: It was OK

26 6.52%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

11 2.76%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.75%
Voters: 399

04-03-11, 1:10 PM

Yes!!!!!

Few things kinda got me angry though
First thing's first: the grandmother. Wow never have I felt so much hate after just one episode.
Secondly, they had the confession so early in the series (and it's rumoured to have 26) only for Ohana to leave in the next few seconds. I mean, I get that they may be trying to set up something here but that was pretty sudden and I felt that it could've been done better.

Overall, I think I will enjoy this, as I DID enjoy the first episode. Ohana was pretty cute, but found Minko to be just down right irresistable.

04-03-11, 1:15 PM

This reminded me of Cinderella in a way.

But, holy fucking shit. Great first episode! I really didn't expect it to be this good, and theres 26 episodes too? Even though it's too early to say this'll probably be one of my favorites this season. 5/5.

04-03-11, 1:23 PM

I just want to hold Onohana's mother, grandmother, and Minko down and slap them all until their noses bleed!! I am SO SAD for Onohana...

All that aside, this anime really grabbed my attention. I'm looking forward to more episodes.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DKfDBOz.gif[/IMG]

04-03-11, 1:25 PM

Hoppy said:
The Grandmother is too harsh, I wasn't expecting abuse in this.

Yeah, I was got off guard not by the fact that she was strict and told Ohana she didn't like her but because she whacked her and Minko in the face. Old fashioned, I suppose, very old fashioned.

04-03-11, 1:39 PM

I was expecting great things from this and they lived up to it 100%

Great animation, beautiful scenery, and the story felt exactly how I wanted it to be..a soap opera.

So far the two shows that I've watched this season have been excellent..now lets see how the rest of them pan out.
Ok™

04-03-11, 1:41 PM

Drama, Humor, and Slice of Life. This season's going to be even better than I expected.
[img]http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/flipside101/IcIRcn1316192008.gif[/img]

04-03-11, 1:50 PM

didn't really like the voice for OP and ED. Oh well
Story was somewhat rage-inducing

PhantomMoon said:
Doesnt ohana kinda look like a variation of taiga? xD

I agree.

04-03-11, 1:55 PM

I was highly anticipating this anime, and I wasn't disappointed in the least. It's not often that I truly adore a slice of life series, so it's always refreshing to find a genuinely interesting slice of life anime. Definitely worth 5/5 imo.
tumblr | playfire
games > manga > anime

04-03-11, 1:56 PM

I know it's only the first episode, but I'm pretty sure this will end up being my favorite show of the season. The voice cast, the animation, the art, the music, the story, the characters, I'm in love with it all. Plus, I hate when slice of life series stop at only 13 episodes, so I'm extremely happy that it will be twice that. (=

04-03-11, 2:02 PM

That art. That main character. That first episode. 5/5.

04-03-11, 2:03 PM

Great start to the show.

Beautiful animation, fitting OST and maybe even insert songs as the show goes along, interesting characters, and a nice SoL story. This is exactly what I was expecting from this show and it's exactly what I got. Let's hope it continues to be impressive. And 26 episodes? That raises my hopes for this show.

Despite being 16 and thrown all over the place, Ohana dealt with things really well. Almost too well. So that partial breakdown of her situation getting to her at the end of the episode was perfect.

Her mother is just craazaaay. I'm surprised Ohana doesn't resent her. Maybe she does and she doesn't really show it? Too early to guess.

Ko is such a typical guy. "I like you!" out of nowhere and she's just, "Eh? Huh? Uh.." so out of the blue and she doesn't know how to respond. Ahh, isn't that how these things always go? I loved that.

Minko and the grandmother both seem like characters that a lot of people are going to hate, but I like them both. Nako's quiet personality is interesting. She reminds me of a character from Sola whose names escapes me at the moment...

Ahaha, I've rambled enough. Needless to say, I liked this first episode. I hope it doesn't go downhill or something. ^_^;;

*Edited spelling errros. Apparently my caffeine-hyped self doesn't proofread very well.
Modified by Iilia, 04-03-11, 3:22 PM

04-03-11, 2:05 PM

blahrgness said:
But I dislike how it makes me feel bad for having a pretty pampered childhood.
Tell me about it, heh. Being shipped off to your stern grandmother at 16 because your mom wants to elope with her older boyfriend...

I think we have a winner, at least so far, for best show this season. I already care about Ohana and the show didn't lose my attention once, something I can't say for the rest of the season's show (with the possible exception of Nichijou, which was rather peculiar).

I was a bit put off by the 26 episode length but I don't think I'll regret watching this.

04-03-11, 2:06 PM

The humour is quite lame, and Kissuisou looks like a sanctuary for every kind of weirdoes. As great and lifelike the first half of the episode is, as horrible the second. I have to say, that it's Ohana's mom that I abhor the most, sending her daughter under the "care" of such a person that she knows her mother is. Anyway, I'm going to give it a try, with one of greater art among the recent shows and rather interesting characters.

04-03-11, 2:07 PM

The anime had a great start and it is just the anime i was looking for.
<3

04-03-11, 2:17 PM

type_silver said:
This is going to be one hell of a boring anime.......>_< While the animation and music is pretty good, I can't see the story having a climax at all. So, if i have to watch 26 episodes of girls working in a shop while being slapped and screamed at then sorry, this is not my cup of tea.

I can certainly understand that sentiment ~ As I watched that scene I was a bit "Uh.. I thought 1955 had passed I guess not"

Though I assume she will get used to it OR change it while changing herself , this is likely slice of life drama so I think you can expect to get exactly what that is. And being the Anniversary work I guess it being 26 episodes isn't too surprising (remember when 20-25 was the NORM? those were the days heh)

Heres hoping this turns out to be a Diamond and not just a regular lump of coal

First episode 3.9/5 from me, and I noticed every adult is more or less portrayed aside from one old lady on a train as being selfish or just a plain asshole. Though the protagonist seems like an interesting character~ And I am sure we will get to know the others very soon~ Seems we are in for a slice of life drama (ie not happy go lucky) with some of that 'self change' or change yourself and your surroundings with it style-

Oh and I doubt this is the last we've seen of 'ko-chan'

Great art work , and with a very fitting sound track so far also , especially some of the backdrops art wise.
prismheart said:
Hoppy said:
The Grandmother is too harsh, I wasn't expecting abuse in this.

Yeah, I was got off guard not by the fact that she was strict and told Ohana she didn't like her but because she whacked her and Minko in the face. Old fashioned, I suppose, very old fashioned.

I agree, I wasn't overly a fan of it myself.
Modified by sirwence, 04-03-11, 3:02 PM

04-03-11, 2:17 PM

It seems like everyone is hating on the Grandma, but she is just trying to behave her employees. From the ending you can see that she smiles, so she does seem to have a good side. She just wants some well behaved children so they won't f*** themselves up on the job. Inside, she loves them and if something serious happens I have a feeling she is gonna be the hero.

For the episode, I thought it was a lovely start to introduce all the characters. I can really see some nice character development. I love the animation (especially on 720p =]) and the cute characters. The music really fit the scenes, and I just feel peaceful while hearing the music. 8/10 for the first episode.

04-03-11, 2:22 PM

I have a feeling this is going to make top 10.

04-03-11, 2:22 PM

Wow, I must admit... I'm shocked.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I really didn't think it would be much. I wasn't even sure I would pick this series up. But I loved it.

I love the main character. She's likeable, a normal girl who doesn't really know how to work for a living but she isn't annoying and she seems to be dealing with the entire situation like a normal person would. She's funny as heck too, which really is a great addition. Ohana, you may just earn your way on to a spot on my favorites list yet!

I'm reserving judgement on all the other characters, particularily the grandma. I think she'll end up more likeable later. I honestly think the reason she didn't hit her to begin with is because she looks like her daughter.

I thought My Ordinary Life would be the comedy of the season, but this has outshone it so far! There were a few times during this I laughed out loud. Heck, the first scene made me do that, and not many series can accomplish that.

The art and backdrops are just awesome. The animation is rather nice as well.

I really hope Ko comes back. He wasn't there for long, but I already like his character. Especially considering he had the exact same answer for the corn conundrum as I did XD

Definitely my favorite of the season thus far, but it is a bit early to be saying that.

Anyways, so glad I picked this up!

5/5 for episode 1.

04-03-11, 2:23 PM

MakasiDex said:
I did enjoy the episode but DAMN I got pissed off at her Grandma and Minko. Just wanted to punch both of them...

I totally agree with you there. Minko's just so bratty and rude, telling a complete stranger to go die just because she accidentally picked her plants without knowing it and for trying to help her! Poor Ohana even took THREE slaps in the face (and got a nosebleed) for her sake and Minko doesn't even thank her! That's just ungrateful!

But even so, I really like this anime. I'm gonna watch it! Ohana's a pretty nice character. I can't wait to see how the rest of the anime plays out.

04-03-11, 2:23 PM

Wow :O I already hate the mother and the grandma.

Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices