Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 3, 2011 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
MY GINGA IS SHINING SO HARD RIGHT NOW.
8/10 for being awesome, but still leaving loose ends (notably the Sarina + VP "REVEAL")
Fuck yes all four songs played!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 3, 2011 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
Why the hell did head want to destroy the world in the first place.. and it seems like Takuto and Sugata are stuck in outer space or some crap? Oh and Wako is still being a baby and don't wanna figure out who she actually likes either.

Ending? What ending?
Conclusion? What conclusion?

Disappointing.
Apr 3, 2011 6:11 PM

Oct 2007
Really sad its over, even though I didn't like it at first BONES won me over in the end! ♥
Apr 3, 2011 6:36 PM

Dec 2007
I'll miss the Babyshiba commercials.
Apr 3, 2011 7:08 PM
Aug 2009
You can hate it as much as you want, but this was SICK.
Star Driver > The whole season.

☆K☆I☆R☆A☆B☆O☆S☆H☆I☆

Score: 9/10

taterhead said:
I'll miss the Babyshiba commercials.

Hahaha, you silly boy xD
Apr 3, 2011 7:09 PM

Oct 2010
Wow wow wow!!! Great ending, I was scared that it wasn't going to end well! But OMG!! Head hijacking Samekh I was like WTF?!! Then Takuto breaking Wako's seal then Sugata being the martyr and then Takuto saving him! AWESOME! Now we know why Wako said "I wish you never came to the island" because she doesn't like loving two guys at once! haha had me worried there from the preview.
Apr 3, 2011 7:17 PM
Jul 2009
-1 = 9/10 at last episode...

where 2 maiden: 1st and 2nd ? and Wako stilll don't find out who she love most .
dxxxxApr 3, 2011 7:23 PM
Apr 3, 2011 7:34 PM

Oct 2010
The whole fight scene of this episode was epic and full of excitement. They even brought back Monochrome, the best music in the entire damn show.

Hell, it's been such a long while since I've seen an over-powered boss in an action/mecha anime get destroyed once and for all, rather than having to seal it away.

And like many other mecha animes, it ends up with the final scene in space where the main character(s) in their beaten up machines, watching the sun shining it's rays from behind planet earth.

Marvelous, truly Marvelous.
Apr 3, 2011 7:39 PM

Sep 2009
awesome ending ...just beautiful ~

but no epilogue.....should show more after the battle is over

anyway 10/10
Apr 3, 2011 7:44 PM
Feb 2009
fuckkkkkk no more star driver every sundays now..
Apr 3, 2011 7:45 PM

Jul 2009
First part of the episode was really good. Cool fights and animation. Head was going a bit crazy lol :P
Second part was OK. Poor Sugata trying to seal himself away like that. Figures that they'd try to stop him by breaking Wako's seal. I agree though, it would have been nice to show more after the battle
Seriously though, Wako gets BOTH of them? >_<

Anyways, the show was kind of meh for me. The animation (especially the battles) and music were pretty good, but Takuto and Wako REALLY annoyed me. I really did not enjoy the repeats and cliches, but some episodes were really good. I feel like 6.5, but I'll be generous and round it up for a 7/10
Apr 3, 2011 7:56 PM

Apr 2008
The ending was great =D

Apr 3, 2011 8:09 PM
Aug 2010
After watching final episode , I can't sleep
sing for me Fish Girl ;__;
awesome episode MAXIMUM LIBIDO!!
10/10

and goodbye to fabulous Sunday ;__;
Apr 3, 2011 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
For now I'm rather satisfied. The show pushed things smoothly up to the conclusion and handled it well. I have to admit though, I'm so used to being GAINAX'ed (the f*ck you endings, not the boob jiggling) that I was somewhat disappointed for a moment. But given further thought I'm glad they played it straight for this ending. It's surprisingly refreshing. And gawd was this episode nicely animated. SMOOOTH!

I'm assuming Takuto & Sugata had to make it back down to Earth somehow. There's a badly needed epilogue for this show that I would like to see. Now. The loose ends will slowly drive me nuts in time.

Apr 3, 2011 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
this ending was like as epic as Gurren Lagann and so was the art style! i Effing loved it!
Apr 3, 2011 9:24 PM

May 2010
I don't understand why so many people thought that this show was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It seems that people somehow like to automatically think/state a show is good just because its new. They must be living in a cave if they think its the greatest thing they saw. There way too many faults.

- 20+ episodes of the same thing happening over and over with no plot movement
- weak characters that had little to no development
- plot holes, inconsistencies and overall plot that wasn't even explained well (Head wants to destroy the world so he could live in the past forever? And the Glittering Crux's purpose in releasing zero time is just releasing it? how stupid)
- having a really large sex drive makes you powerful? how laughable
- Takuto pulling moves out of his ass every single time to win no matter what gets really old
- So Wako wants Takuto and now wants/gets Sugata also? What a slut
granted it was still somewhat entertaining and watchable despite all these faults.

5/10

Go watch Rahxephon or something else to see Bones at its best.
Apr 3, 2011 10:14 PM
Mar 2009
LOL! What a troll you are Head! He's played everyone just to be a time traveler to relive the "good ol' days."

Sakana's song! Fabulous rainbow of Kiraboshi! Oh my!

Who's song was that in the middle? Wako's?

Woot! Epic space mecha battle! With over-the-top effects and the like.

Wtf? An actual rolling credits? Damn, haven't seen them do this in an anime in a while. I'm disappointed by the ending though...that was it? That's the closure? I thought it would end like a typical school life anime and not like a mecha anime.
Apr 3, 2011 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode but the series left me a bit disappointed. I feel like it had so much potential but it was barely tapped. I'm hoping for a season 2 because I feel like it could be much better. Clear up the questions we have, come back with a stronger plot and you're looking at a good season 2 (or a series of OVA). That aside, I love Takuto and Sugata for doing that for the girl they love and for each other. Now Wako....this little.....ughh. I was a big fan of Wako at the beginning but now....pure hatred. She's indecisive and unappreciative. She doesn't deserve either of them but might get both?! Takuto, go to Mizuno! Sugata, take the crazy ass Keito, even SHE'S better than Wako.

7/10 for great last episode.
removed-userApr 4, 2011 1:02 PM
Apr 3, 2011 11:22 PM

Feb 2009
THE POWER OF HAX!!!

Would have been a 9 if not for that. So it's an 8.
Apr 3, 2011 11:48 PM

Feb 2008
Great animation and great ending. Like everyone has been saying the rest of the season wasn't nearly as great as this episode. Although I'm still a bit confused by the ending and there wasn't any closure, it left a tengen toppa gurren lagann feeling, which is EPIC.

Overall 8/10, could definitely see a movie or ova to tie up some loose ends.
Apr 4, 2011 12:00 AM

Aug 2010
Excellent ending to a memorable series.

I had way more fun watching Star Driver than any other series this half-year (including Madoka Magica). Really going to miss weekly visits to that fabulous island.
Apr 4, 2011 12:09 AM
Mar 2010
Epic, yes. Flaws, many.
Although I liked the Ginga Punch similar to Simon's punch from TTGL. Just because the last episode was well animated, I give it a 7/10. Otherwise, 6/10.
Apr 4, 2011 1:04 AM

Feb 2009
The ending... agreeing with most people that it's one of the most outstanding ending for a series in a while.
Ending was fabulous as f*ck. I'll miss Star Driver Sundays.

Ending - 9/10, Overall 7/10 (It was very inconsistent but nonetheless, it was a fun ride)
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
Apr 4, 2011 1:16 AM
Dec 2007
I really didn't understand why this show was mixed with boring new-boss-appeares-ginga-bishounen-wins almost every single episode and (okay, there was some) storyline. I think it needed some more seriousness, epicness and plot development. I also felt that the last episode was not enough for the ending. Really, Tauburn kicks Samekh's ass like in a couple of minutes. Unexpectedly, it appeares Samekh is too heavy to move even a little bit and is only able to do some shiny wall and sparkles altough he's like Cybodies' king. Okay...

Overall I liked the twist in the last episode, the whole show was enjoyable, music OK, last episode anyways very epic, so it gets 9 (Great) from me (would be 7/8 without the ending).

BTW, why of all Maidens only Wako (Keito doesn't count) everytime gets dragged into Zero Time? Amazing plot holes everywhere...
Apr 4, 2011 1:56 AM
May 2010
I have a review of the full season up for anyone interested. ^.^

www.anispot.com/2011/04/03/review-star-driver-full-season/
Apr 4, 2011 2:09 AM

Aug 2007
The last episode was truly fabulous with awesome animation and epic battles, the only thing I don't like is the fact that Wako says she loves Takuto and Sugata equally. ... just wtf? Come on, through 25 episodes we were waiting for her to decide and in the end she doesn't? THIS is disappointing, seriously girl, just because you can decide between two awesome boys, doesn't mean you're supposed to take BOTH!>__<
Apr 4, 2011 2:41 AM

Feb 2010
GunDumb90 said:
I don't understand why so many people thought that this show was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It seems that people somehow like to automatically think/state a show is good just because its new. They must be living in a cave if they think its the greatest thing they saw. There way too many faults.

- 20+ episodes of the same thing happening over and over with no plot movement
- weak characters that had little to no development
- plot holes, inconsistencies and overall plot that wasn't even explained well (Head wants to destroy the world so he could live in the past forever? And the Glittering Crux's purpose in releasing zero time is just releasing it? how stupid)
- having a really large sex drive makes you powerful? how laughable
- Takuto pulling moves out of his ass every single time to win no matter what gets really old
- So Wako wants Takuto and now wants/gets Sugata also? What a slut
granted it was still somewhat entertaining and watchable despite all these faults.

qft

score 7/10
Apr 4, 2011 3:02 AM

Oct 2008
6/10 for this series.

I just loved the first episode, the OST and the animation.
But the story was not good and there was too much Zero Time repetition.

The characters were also pretty meh except Sugata and maybe Head.
Apr 4, 2011 3:59 AM

Sep 2009
GunDumb90 said:
well this summarizes my rant.

zimno said:
they cant return to Earth?
maybe they don't want to return ;)

Zero_sama said:
Probably the best line in the whole damn show appeared in the last episode where Head says: "Glittering Crux? What are you, twelve?".
such a lol moment.

-Not going to read 7 pages of 'Oh my gaaddd!!...the best anime ever!!...like OMG!!' >.>
-"Do you know how much it hurts to be deeply in love with two guys at once?"---> *facepalm*...well at least she said it out loud~ Bravo!
-Glittering Crux's mission was to ????????????????????
-BTW, what happened to Sakana? ...guess she is shopping at Bloomingdales *sigh*
-Well, pretty boys, great animation & BGM but even though they have tried to sew the plot holes together but utterly failed at the end: 6/10
Apr 4, 2011 5:36 AM

Jun 2009
Alright guys. I put up with 25 episodes of star driver. I gave this show more than a fair trial. So at least let me say this.

Time to unleash that bitchstorm I got brewing since I started watching star driver. Now in this review I will not mention the ridiculously stupid outfits or the ridiculously stupid robot designs or the ridiculously stupid over the top actions for the sake of the gay fabulousness.

First off our main character, Takuto. Takuto is a goddamn Mary Sue. He's without any flaws whatsoever and that's what makes him such a detestable main character. He's like superman. He didn't work hard or suffer to gain his power. He just has it. He's got no inner torment. He's got no complexity to his personality at all. And to make matters worse he's got woman falling for him left right and center. He doesn't even have an interesting back-story! I spent a majority of the series wishing the guy would just get killed and replaced with a more interesting character.
Another thing is that, you know I can follow story quite well. But I have no idea what the hell the story is in star driver. I am not even sure if the story makes sense! Takuto came to this island to find his father and punch him...and along the way protect Wako from the glittering crux. That's all I get here. What are cybodies? Why did that guy lock a maiden inside a birdcage? What is Zero time? Why are there four maidens? What are star drivers? How are the drivers chosen? What is everyone working together for in the glittering crux? How do the glittering crux get members? Why are almost all the leading members teenagers? Why is it they did fuck all before Takuto arrived? It's been 25 episodes and I still have no answers to these questions and more.

And oh god the glittering crux...the most half-assed evil organisation in anime history. From what I can gather it seems to have the goal of breaking the seal on zero time by finding the maidens and taking over the world with cybodies. I don't get it though. Why haven't they found the maidens before Takuto arrived? Couldn't be that difficult. Just enter zero time and check who's still moving. Or here's an easier option. You have the school nurse in the glitter crux. Just get her to do one of those school examination things and have her check for the maiden mark while she's at it! What more you have 6 or so different section leaders of the glittering crux. Ok, one makes the money to fund it. Another invents new things for cybodies and researches them. What in the hell do the other 4 do? If one of them is to find the maidens then you better fucking fire her because it took her this damn long to find one girl on a goddamn island! Why are these people aiming for world domination? One of the members is rich as hell. Other is pretty much happy as long as she has got a pretty boy student to bang. The rest I can't even fathom why they would want world domination. Why do they want to take over the world? How the hell do you even join such an organisation? Do they advertise? Register it as a school club? I don't even understand how it would work.

The main story is nonsense. It spent the first 16 episodes developing the villain cast and guess what? Throws them completely aside and introduces a whole new cast of villains to develop. It constantly brings in a new plot development to only shoot it down before it becomes so interesting or requires our story to become darker. Oh no! Sugata used his power and now fell asleep for eternity! But wait! He wakes up next episode anyway. But wait! He seems to hold anger for Takuto now. Could he become a villain?...Nope that's all resolved next episode. Well he better be careful not to use his power again or he might fall asleep for eternity again. No, he's using his power without worry or consequence like he's goddamn Rick James! Even when they gain the power to regenerate cybodies they throw in the danger that it could kill you. But no it does not f*cking matter because nobody ever fails to regenerate their cybodies! Now that I think about it it seems that all this time the story has just been stalling. It's like the writer found out that he only have six episodes worth of story and thought "Crap...How am I going to drag this out." and if that is the case then a lot of things start making sense. Hell, it is clear that the writer had absolutely no idea how to end this story or even had it planned out.

The robot battles are dull and repetitive. I can't even appreciate the animation of the action scenes any more. You see, there's no feeling of danger. Because Takuto always pulls a dues ex machina out of his ass and always wins. So it's doesn't matter what the enemy does or what there robot is like. You are pretty much watching a football match which you know the end result. Making it pointless. I always have the attitude of "Lets just get this crap over with." Maybe if Takuto at least lost once we could get the impression that he's not invincible. That he can lose. Also knock him off his high horse for a while.

I can't give a damn about the characters of star driver. Here's a little test I learned from the RedLetterMedia reviews. Now think of our main three characters. Wako, Takuto, and Sugata. Now without naming there occupation, age, or looks please try to describe them.
You came up blank. Didn't you?
The villains don't matter because after their one episode they are tossed aside and never used again. Wako is simply a damsel in distress and love interest. Sugata is just there as a plot device. The only one I ever gave a damn about was Mizuno and guess what? After her arc she was removed from the show.

I watched the show that This is always compared to. Utena. I saw that Utena had merit. The story didn't make much sense either but it still had magnificent character development. Star driver has nothing in comparison. I look over the story and I wonder why I wasted so much time on a show that never attempted to be anything or do anything meaningful! FOR F*CKS SAKE....
(Takes deep breath)
Ok...I am calm. I got that out of my system....breath...breath....

Look. I am just pissed about this. Everywhere I look I see praise for Star Driver and I just don't understand it. I mean what does it have?
Action?
No, that doesn't matter. Takuto always wins. You are watching wrestling people. All that flashy fight animation. It means nothing. Just pretty pictures.
Romance?
HA! The main love triangle remains unresolved and every other relationship is about as fruitful as a harem girls affection.
Drama?
Sure you have some decent drama. But once again it doesn't amount to anything. There's no point to giving a side character a dramatic past if you are never going to use or feature that character again.
School life?
I remember back in my school we used to kiss through glass....Oh wait...that's just retarded. I am sorry but I just don't see the point of this. I have had enough school life antics for a lifetime. It's been done to death.

What does this show have? Seriously. I am really asking here. Symbolism? Who gives a flying f*ck. Harem antics? Oh sure we need some more of those...WHAT IS HERE? Am I missing something crucial here?
AidanAK47Apr 4, 2011 6:58 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Apr 4, 2011 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
well to those who hate this show your just sad lol, their are lot of different anime out there i mean lots of anime for everyone, this anime might not be your taste but that does not mean majority of people who love Star Driver agrees with your views so just go watch some other anime or continue to hate until you haters got some heart attack lol
Apr 4, 2011 6:09 AM

Mar 2011
Meh it was pretty bad series. 4/10

is Revolutionary Girl Utena better than this ?
"I'm commander Shepard, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime in the galaxy"
Apr 4, 2011 6:35 AM

Mar 2009
I cant believe it ended ._. Definitely need more.
Apr 4, 2011 6:47 AM

Jun 2009
Fukken fabulous is all i could want to say. But i guess Wako should've died after all though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 4, 2011 7:34 AM
Oct 2009
Welp, this series was an entertaining watch. It was pretty fabulous, that's pretty much it.

LMBO @ all the spergs complaining about people loving this anime, though.

"Stop liking what I don't like."
Apr 4, 2011 7:50 AM

Apr 2008
JohnShepard said:
Meh it was pretty bad series. 4/10

is Revolutionary Girl Utena better than this ?

Yes, a million times better. Just ignore all the terrible filler (it's not just bad; it's TERRIBLE).

AidanAK47 said:
Alright guys. I put up with 25 episodes of star driver. I gave this show more than a fair trial. So at least let me say this.

YES. I agree with EVERYTHING you said. Thanks so much for saying everything I was too lazy to say. :P
Apr 4, 2011 9:49 AM

Jan 2010
Makes one wonder how they got back to Earth...

I was going to compare this show to Utena, because they have a similar way of portraying the events and concepts, but then I realized it was like comparing shounen/harem to a seinen/drama. So why then, if the storytelling (like the repetitions) is similar, is Star Driver so different from Utena? Because of the character and story development. While here nothing actually happens, no matter how many times the same concept is repeated in Utena, it is always different.

In the end, I have to agree with those who said that plot was not this anime's strong point. After the first 3-4 episodes, I had higher expectations for it, but it turned out to be just an entertaining pass time and not much more.

6/10
werrstonApr 4, 2011 9:52 AM
Apr 4, 2011 10:09 AM

Jul 2008
Sugata and Takuto are back to earth I don't even know how someone could think otherwise.
The seals have been broken, zero time got destroyed and it is now possible to use Cybody in the real world. The big ball they are in, they can move accordingly to their will as Wako as been shown being able to block a hit for Takuto.
They just have to return to earth with these ball they are in.

Fabulous show, I wasn't expecting much with the first few episode but that second half sure was epic.
Apr 4, 2011 11:04 AM

Jan 2010
The fight sceen at the end was great. But i did not like the way they left the ending of the anime. As it leaves questions E.G. Do they go back to earth? Who dose Wako chose? Is zero time broken forever or can it be fixed due to Samekh destruction? Will cybodies apear in the world? etc.... My point is the ending wasen't so much an ending as it was like leving an open ending. But on hole this was avery good anime and i enjoyed waching it. = ]

Apr 4, 2011 11:38 AM

Sep 2010
Rainbows every where....... :P

FABULOUS............ :P
Apr 4, 2011 12:02 PM

Mar 2010
Jinjo said:
Welp, this series was an entertaining watch. It was pretty fabulous, that's pretty much it.

LMBO @ all the spergs complaining about people loving this anime, though.

"Stop liking what I don't like."

Some people are taking Star Driver too seriously.

In the end, Star Driver is just a fun, mindless show.
There's nothing else to it. The ones who are the most disappointed are probably just mad it wasn't the next Code Geass, or the next Utena or whatever masterpiece they wanted it to be. I admit, I jumped onto the "lol it's the next Code Geass" bandwagon before the series started, and was really disappointed once I realized it wasn't. But after a while, I just accepted Star Driver for what it was and enjoyed the whole series to the very end.

And it was fabulous.
Apr 4, 2011 12:54 PM

Feb 2009
So now they're stuck in space forever... ? XD WTF.
Apr 4, 2011 2:31 PM
Oct 2009
no satisfaction for the inchou. minus twenty points!
Apr 4, 2011 2:43 PM

Sep 2008
theamato said:
She went from smart and devious to lusting over Sugata's body (I don't blame her really) to the point of becoming an insane slut. I have no problem with her losing everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2011 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
Hahaha, this is pretty close to one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I was kind of reminded of Robotech Battlecry, except the ending was very homosexual. Bones really should have only animated just this episode, because it was just fucking fabulous. I honestly believe that I didn't need to watch the first 24 episodes, because not only did it make very little sense, there was almost no substance, the plot expects you to understand what's going on without having anything explained to you, and it's like none of that shit ever mattered. Still though, I'll say it again, very fabulous, way up there with Code Geass and Eureka Seven. 3/10
Apr 4, 2011 3:35 PM

Oct 2009
So the final episode brings out the people who didn't like the show? I'm kind of glad, I was only hearing praise for this show, but I wasn't too crazy about it myself.

However, it's not a bad show at all, so I'm giving it 7/10 even if it didn't keep me interested throughout the whole thing.
Apr 4, 2011 6:59 PM
Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
theamato said:
She went from smart and devious to lusting over Sugata's body (I don't blame her really) to the point of becoming an insane slut. I have no problem with her losing everything.

the only slut in dis show is wako, openly admitted at the end.

inchou was a devoted waifu, the best of all.
Apr 4, 2011 7:52 PM

Feb 2010
Great show. Totally fabulous. Yeah, it has plot holes and some disjointed elements, but I loved it's overall feel, cast of characters and GLITTER. 9/10
Apr 4, 2011 11:25 PM

Sep 2009
Nice to see they went all out on the ending battle. An enjoyable watch.
Apr 5, 2011 4:25 AM

May 2008
and of course Sugata was doing the right thing like duhhhhh what he is Sugata not Sasuke no references intended :)

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 3, 2010

352 by ImpactFrames »»
Aug 8, 2022 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.