Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2011 1:24 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was shaking from the excitement and sheer awesomeness the whole episode.
HOLY SHIT that fighting, the mechas, the hijacking and DAT MONOCHROME!
Takuto is such a boss for fighting so many cybodies at one time; I was waiting for the Star Drivers to take their cybodies back and try to fuck Head up! Such a marvelous sight, that Rainbow Kiraboshi.
I fucking love you Mrs. Watanabe.

And then there was that GINGA PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!!!!!
I felt bad for that fucking Sugata then went OH SHIT when Takuto broke Wako's seal. Fucking Tauburn fighting in space to top it off to save Sugata. This anime has earned its spot as one of my favorite anime.

So long Star Driver Sunday, it has been fabulous.
May your galaxy shine on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2011 1:26 AM

Nov 2007
Head revealed what his goal, and all Kiraboshis are despaired.

Now Takuto's lucks ran out when Wako "aprivose"d and in danger (fighting against Head by herself). Now it's other Kiraboshi's turn to help him out with their light, but they failed.

lol @ manga style when Takuto got Head punched! Sugata joined to stop everything? Takuto broke Wako's seal, and saved Sugata, too.

So Ao no Exorcist airing at the same time as Star Driver during Spring...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2011 1:31 AM

Jul 2010
they cant return to Earth?
anyway, episode 5/5
4/5 over all
Apr 3, 2011 1:34 AM

Jan 2009
haha if i get it right Head Plans to destroy the earth and go travel the galaxies, well serves him right because everyone got their mark and fight him and Takuto delivered the trademark punch of Touma lol

this episode is awesome, i cannot ask for a better ending than this

nice work BONES!!! KIRABOSHI!!!

P.S. now waiting for fansubs lol
degApr 3, 2011 1:39 AM
Apr 3, 2011 1:36 AM
Jan 2010
one of the best finales i've seen. god damn.
Apr 3, 2011 1:44 AM

Jan 2009
btw in the end it looks like Takuto did not lose his powers right? does that mean that everyone that has a mark can revived their Cybodies now? because they are out of zero time now lol, although i need subs to know if im right or not

if BONES will decide to make a sequel for this im all for it
Apr 3, 2011 2:51 AM

Apr 2010
Rainbows everywhere.
One of the best finales I've seen -- a great end to a great anime.

But it's just ridiculous how Wako gets to keep both Takuto and Sugata in the end.
Apr 3, 2011 4:25 AM

Sep 2007
FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHH ! *___*
Apr 3, 2011 4:35 AM

Apr 2010
Star Driver could have been this freaking awesome. It just couldn't be bothered until the last episode. What a fucking troll.
Apr 3, 2011 4:47 AM

Sep 2010
KIRABOSHI! ☆
Apr 3, 2011 4:55 AM

Jun 2008
My Sundays won't be shining from today onwards.
Apr 3, 2011 5:19 AM

Aug 2007
ImperialX said:
My Sundays won't be shining from today onwards.
But there's still a small piece that's shining in you!

fairycrown said:
KIRABOSHI! ☆

KIRABOSHI!

Guess that Takuto really ended up as the Star Driver, guess he can't return with Tauburn in that condition. Wako finally admitted that she loves 'm both, jeez, as if we didn't know that already. Still, such a blasting ending. Loved it, all of the animation was pumped in this episode... Such a pity. Star Driver could have been way more FABULOUS and awesome. But at least we have a new tag in the anime world...
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 3, 2011 5:45 AM

Aug 2010
At first I thought Keito + Sugata = WTF do you think you are doing?! Since the last episode. But now I understand him. He's such a good guy.
Too bad this show is over. I actually want to know more about head and Takuto's mother (sigh)
At least it was nice ending anyway. And I don't know if it possible do have the 2nd season but I hope it will be

*One of the best anime ever! Love it! ☆Kiraboshi☆
freshy1993Apr 3, 2011 5:48 AM
Apr 3, 2011 5:48 AM
Oct 2009
I totally called a galactic team up back in the episode 17-18 discussion! But some said it wasn't possible because the director like 'eff'ed up endings >:|

Anyway, Let's just say that since Takuto beat Sugata in the end, Takuto has a new wife, and her name is Wako.

Oh, and, KIRABOSHI!!
Apr 3, 2011 6:04 AM

May 2008
This is epic win. Freaking love this, epic Takuto punch.. And really really nice art!
9/10.

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆ KIRABOSHI!
Apr 3, 2011 6:17 AM
Feb 2011
This ending...I am disappoint

Well it wasn't really bad or anything, but it could have been better.
Although now I'm interested, did they come back to earth or not.
Apr 3, 2011 6:26 AM
Oct 2009
-Arthur said:

Yeah, just one more episode would have been nice. Give us some real closure. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get a movie in a year or two.
Apr 3, 2011 6:27 AM

Aug 2010
One of the most epic endings in the anime history!!!! it was so fucking awesome!!!! i love <3<3<3
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Apr 3, 2011 6:38 AM

Apr 2009
Episode was nicely animated, the ending was average. However, the show as a whole had so many clichees and plotholes that I'll only give a 5/10 despite the good voice cast and the animation. An epilogue would've been nice, too.

Good plot in an mecha show is stillr are, but this took the cake. Formulatic fights, plotholes as big as the Mount Everest, asspulls everywhere. I can say I only watched it because of the animation and the fact that I don't usually drop an anime. BONES, I suggest you invest a bit more time into your writing team instead of pouring every disposable income into the animation department.

TL;DR: 5/10, instead of 4/10, only because of the superb animation the last few episodes. Great voice acting, could've been a good series if it wasn't for the horribly bad written plot.
NidhoeggrApr 3, 2011 6:41 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 3, 2011 6:40 AM

Jan 2009
after seeing the subs the last episode alone give this show a big boost of positive things so ill give it a 9/10

sheezz Takuto and Sugata made back to earth alive, use you imaginations a little bit kids, BONES studio already said it in the beginning of airing this anime that no one dies on this anime and that the ending text said “and so, the adventure of life goes on” so those evidences implies the earth is fine and they are all alive and live a normal life again

and they can do a sequel too if they want too because all seals have been broken there is no Zero Time now, and Samekh the greatest evil Cybody is gone, their marks/tattoos are all been restored that implies they can revive/regenerate their Cybodies again
degApr 3, 2011 7:02 AM
Apr 3, 2011 6:56 AM
Aug 2010
This is just full of awesomeness!!!! A really great ending, probably one of the most climatic ending in the anime history!!!!! Everything in this episode was just top notch. Thank god that i have the patients to watch the first 15 or so episode!!! This anime definately deserves a 9 despite the start of the anime was quite boring. Now thats BONES quality!
Apr 3, 2011 6:59 AM

Mar 2009
uhm I was hoping for a better developement..btw nice show in the end.
Apr 3, 2011 7:11 AM

Nov 2010
*SOB* *SOB* My Sunday Star Driver ended :(
This series was one of my favourites in this season.
One of the best finales i've seen tho :O But I wanted to see when Wako chooses Takuto...
Apr 3, 2011 7:11 AM

Oct 2008
Such a fantabulous ending!! Gotta be the best last episode I've seen for a long time. I would've liked maybe a little more plot development but... I'm still satisfied.
(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆ KIRABOSHI!

Now I'm probably going to be late for work tomorrow because I stayed up way too late waiting for this episode to download. XD
kokochoApr 3, 2011 7:16 AM
Apr 3, 2011 7:22 AM

Jul 2007
Awesome.

Jonas said:
(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆ KIRABOSHI!

(<ゝω・)☆ KIRABOSHI!
Apr 3, 2011 7:25 AM
Oct 2009
The better be a season two and a movie that tells us what Mr. Watanabe and Simone's sister were up to >_>''
Apr 3, 2011 7:26 AM

Feb 2010
Good end
Apr 3, 2011 7:29 AM

Dec 2010
Awesome last episode, great fights, 9/10 animation, 9/10 sound, story 7/10

TAKUTO PUUUUUNCHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wish we got another episode to summarize and tie up the loose ends (Who really was takuto?)
Apr 3, 2011 7:33 AM

Mar 2009
7/10
Apr 3, 2011 7:38 AM

Aug 2008
I can see tengen toppa in this episode!

aww, it really needs a epilogue, there are still things that are not clear like the old man saying that the whole world will know about the cybodies, where are the guys who have the real marks been, why takuto's father looks so young and who did wako choose?

9/10
Apr 3, 2011 7:42 AM

Jul 2007
☆ KIRABOSHI! forever ;____;
Apr 3, 2011 7:45 AM

Jan 2009
What a twist! Takuto apprivoised without that long apprivoising scene!
And Takuto gives his dad yet another glorious punch in the face.
But really, Sugata, that was the worst plan evar.
Though then there's Takuto, who came up with an even worse plan than the worst plan evar, namely releasing Samekh upon the world. Great plan.
Then again, I think there was some saying going like "all's well that ends well". Though the concept's used way too often.

Anyway, I kinda liked most of this episode, except that Wako was actually slightly useful.
Also, moar of Sakana-chan's song <3
In all its ridiculousness, I liked this show. A lot, I guess.
But damn it, why did they have to get a bad end? I.e. Wako survived.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 3, 2011 7:48 AM

Jul 2008
Wako!! You sneaky little devil!!
Yeah,why would bother yourself to choose one of them..
when you can have them both!
I'm so Jealous now!!
Loved the ending & KIRABOSHI!!
Apr 3, 2011 7:51 AM

Mar 2010
PhoenixRoy said:
-Arthur said:

Yeah, just one more episode would have been nice. Give us some real closure. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get a movie in a year or two.

Must say I tend to agree with you guys, somehow I got a Gurren Lagann feeling at this last episode, especially with the manga style punch :P One closing episode would've been better, just like, what are they gonna do :/

Grrrr, anyways, awesome series overall!
Apr 3, 2011 7:54 AM

Jul 2008
As an episode alone it's great, but as the ending episode, it's not great.
Apr 3, 2011 8:01 AM

Jun 2009
Dem Bones!

They know how to make awesome endings. That was spectacularly fantastic ending although I'm a bit disappointed on the lack of closure on relationships with who ended with who. I still think that ending was excellent. 8/10

May 2009
I came rainbows.

Nov 2008
I loved it!! What else can I say. It was one of the most awesome endings I've seen in a while. As for Wako's words...that is exactly the reason why she doesn't deserve either of them.

Awesome Anime!!!
SephiriAzureApr 3, 2011 11:52 AM
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 2008
The absolute best, most epic, artistic, energetic, crazily animated anime I've ever seen. I haven't gotten this pumped for a show since Code Geass was airing >.<

Apr 3, 2011 8:04 AM

Dec 2007
they didnt show who wako chooses, bah, this needs an ova just for that

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Apr 3, 2011 8:16 AM

Nov 2007
That was a great finale. If only the rest of the show came somewhat close to this level of awesome.
Apr 3, 2011 8:23 AM
Mar 2011
Fabulous ending to the most fabulous series to grace the medium. Next comes the OST, and hopefully some OVA's.

5/5 episode
10/10 series.
Apr 3, 2011 8:30 AM
May 2010
I will admit I was worried the series was going to have a rater bland or predictable ending.

But that was awesome. Seriously I could of not asked for the show to end in a better way. Not only was I on the edge the whole entire time and they wrapped things up nicely, with an ending that was neither happy nor sad (but awesome), but they even made me appreciate the last few episodes more as some of what I thought was just 'fluff' or filler actually had grave importance and foreshadowing.

The problem partly is that this final episode is so much better than most of the other episodes in the series and is definitely the best episode that it's almost ridiculous and a bit sad that it ends now right when it truly got awesome.

My one nitpick is that there's plot holes and unexplained elements as well as unfinished story threads. So basically, it's an awesome episode, loved it, but there was so much left loose at the end. Besides that ending didn't really seem like something you could pick up from in a huge sense, as it seems they can never go back to Earth again. Hell, I don't even now if Wako can reach them now.
DuskGolemApr 3, 2011 8:33 AM
Apr 3, 2011 8:39 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad it's over, it's an okay anime all things considered :]

Apr 3, 2011 8:54 AM

Jan 2009
AMAZING OH SHTTTT lol

Apr 3, 2011 8:56 AM

Feb 2009
What a disaster, one of the most disappointing series so far. First Heroman and now this galactic garbage, WOW, I hope no sequels or movies ever get made after the fiasco I just witness. Bones downgrading themselves, yet again. I was hoping to see some deaths, just to compensate for the amount of monotonous episodes that where spend telling nothing at all. Plus, the ending to this recycle junk was terrible, very terrible indeed. Don't get me wrong the animation and art where superb and the music was OK, the concept was good but how they develop the whole story where another 20 bucks. Well this one might get a score of 4 or 5 out of 10, and judging by the last episode (amazing animation that it had) I'm gonna say the latter.

Probably the best line in the whole damn show appeared in the last episode where Head says: "Glittering Crux? What are you, twelve?".
Apr 3, 2011 10:29 AM

Apr 2009
Well it certainly was a great last episode overall. Two things i didn't like was Keito's actions, seemed odd for her and the open ending i guess. I can accept the open ending i guess as it doesn't piss me off the way say like Gundam:00 did. It just seems like almost all the shows "I" watch now can't get an ending done. Its kinda annoying but oh well. Overall, i give this show 8.5 and give Bones's execution a 9. They've done a good job.
Apr 3, 2011 10:45 AM

May 2010
BEYOND MAXIMUM FABULOUS LEVEL ACHIEVED!!

I CAME RAINBOWS!

/caps

Overall, it's quite enjoyable but yeah the plot wasn't as good as it should be.

I'll give this a 7/10 for making my Sundays as fabulous as the shining galaxy!!
Apr 3, 2011 10:48 AM

May 2008
fairycrown said:
KIRABOSHI! ☆

KIRABOSHI! <333 I'm so sad ;u; WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END. OH GOD. And the end..."Your galaxy is already shining" *CRIES A RIVER* I want more. I'm REALLY going to miss this anime. It was so good..the last few episodes were a real mind fuck for me. I was so shocked at so many things...I'm changing my rating from 8 to 9/10. Omg <333

Apr 3, 2011 10:53 AM

Sep 2007
Like most...I was impressed with the level of animation they put into this final episode but it left some holes (lack of closure).

I was expecting maybe something to be shown when the credits rolled at least: Them going back to their everyday school lives or something but they just leave us with a standard kind of "and they lived happily ever after" kind of statement.
A little disappointed with that....I hope they expand on it somehow eventually....a movie, an OVA, another season, a publication, I care not. It just needs more.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 3, 2010

352 by ImpactFrames »»
Aug 8, 2022 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.