Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 9, 2011 1:46 PM

Nov 2008
7/10 Twas ok

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 9, 2011 1:49 PM
Jan 2011
KosMosAngel said:
I'd been wondering the whole time, what's the piano piece that plays for a few seconds at the start right after the OP and it played again a few times throughout the episode and at the end. Anyone know? It will be greatly appreciated.
Summary of episode- lots of spoilers

So I'm pretty sure from this ending, there will be another season, or it's one crappy way to end an anime.

It looks like it.
Apr 9, 2011 3:39 PM

Feb 2011
It was an okay series that started getting good at the end. The fights in this episode were good and my god did Bridget freak out on Cathy. I'll give this a 7/10 because I don't mind fanservice.
Apr 9, 2011 3:52 PM

Sep 2009
By how it ended, it looks like there will def be a second season to it :D

It has tits and asses, so the dvd's should sell well.

And besides...I didn't see a filler ending, so it will def have a sequel.

Overall, I loved this series.

8/10
Apr 10, 2011 8:39 AM

Oct 2009
And so they both strip at the end xD
Apr 10, 2011 9:51 AM
Jan 2009
I don't understand why they needed to rush the manga content at the start of the episode (at least it felt rushed to me), so that they could add some anime only rubbish. Especially that stuff going on inside Satellizer's head...

By all means not a bad episode though, maybe they'll continue with the manga content if they have a season 2, who knows...
Apr 10, 2011 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
Nice action packed end for season 1. The ending makes it ripe for a season 2.
Apr 10, 2011 6:04 PM

Sep 2010
Eh, it was alright.
Apr 10, 2011 6:26 PM

Mar 2011
Satisfying indeed...
Courtesy of Paul
Apr 10, 2011 10:10 PM

Aug 2010
The last 4 episodes were good. If the rest of the series were like these last few episodes were then it might have been good. Heavy on the action, blood, and dark setting. But alas, they were definitely not. Overall about a 6.5/10
よ!僕はジェフです。エンジニアです。日本語が下手です。もっと勉強しなきゃいけない!
Apr 10, 2011 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
Season 2 anyone?

Good ending and all and all turned out a lot better then I thought. I was pretty hooked since episode 1 so top show of the past season.

Solid 8/10
Apr 11, 2011 12:20 AM

Sep 2010
Satisfying ending...... Lots of blood/gore/cloth-rips ;)

Freezing is so cliché and so awesome at the same time........ :P
Apr 11, 2011 8:06 AM

Jun 2010
i nvm s2 though xD
Apr 11, 2011 5:00 PM

Jun 2008
type_silver said:
Meh.... a pretty bad ending. They changed so many things from the manga, which I find annoying. I guess the japanese producers are jealous of how koreans can do a great manga, so the japanese decides to ruin it...=_=

Normally i would have called your reaction as a racist complex but they really did ruin it and had no respect for the manga at all. If they wanted to create another fanservice boob anime with some action, they certainly didn't need to pick Freezing. They could have just made their own silly little story.

Anyway although the ending was another clishe power-up after power-up with some friendship miracles and everything was done too fast at least this last few episodes escaped from the simple boob show and had some intensity and action, saving the score a little. For the real story and plot people will just have to go with the manga and leave this as just some small entertainment.
Apr 11, 2011 5:58 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, good episode. Thought they could have drawn out Garnessa's "death" a bit more, but the fight scenes were really quite cool. Lol at the end though, they both strip for him?! XD
Satella being taken over was really quite "scary" ;O I like the whole group defeating the Nova even though it was really Satella. Mysterious guy and girl in this episode ... is it hinting at a second season or something? O_O
Anyways, I really am quite impressed with this. I thought the last half was quite well done. I really liked the music and animation (lol). Kazuya and Satella were really annoying, but not so bad in the later half because of all the action lol. So yea, fun to watch, gore, fanservice ... 8/10
Apr 11, 2011 10:01 PM

Jul 2009
Dat end art. Season two inc........ eh...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 12, 2011 5:50 AM

Jul 2010
Hmmmmm they should have made it 25 eps or something.
Apr 12, 2011 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
I'll leave this as a 7.

It wasn't a show that I looked forward to every week but the animation was great and there was a story at the least.
The last episode was great!
Apr 13, 2011 6:11 PM
Aug 2010
I know they aren't that important and were probably immobilized anyway, but I would have liked to see the other limiters at least try to do something. There were around 8 of them in that room; one even talked. I would have even taken a shot of them immobilized by the Nova power just to further showcase that Aoi was able to withstand it.
Apr 13, 2011 7:23 PM

Oct 2010
This wasn't half bad. Even it was an echi/panty-shot anime, the story itself is not half bad. I would go to the point and say the story is amazing and the sole reason i watch it is for the plot, but this anime had its moments.
huh?
Apr 16, 2011 7:32 AM

Oct 2010
KillerYandere said:
mgbeatlefan said:
I think he is talking about the OVA that came out. It is a short ~3min thing with intense fanservice :)

Alright, that's what I suspected
no there was a streaming RAW one at the time.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 16, 2011 4:33 PM

Mar 2009
Okay ending.
Apr 17, 2011 2:09 PM

May 2010
Probably one of the worst audiovisual products I have ever watched. It still managed to be quite entertaining, I said it before and I will say it again: This show is so bad that it's good.

4/10
Apr 17, 2011 10:08 PM

Mar 2009
It gets a 8/10. Here's hoping for a second season!! :D
Apr 18, 2011 7:48 AM

Oct 2010
hmm, the ending was average. Fan service ruined it. I'll give it a 6, just because I like the fighting scenes and the characters.
Apr 19, 2011 12:13 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Hope this gets another season.

Apr 20, 2011 8:38 AM

Dec 2010
Pretty good last episode and series overall. I am pretty optimistic and am eagerly awaiting the second season, even though it has not been announced yet. My guess is that there won't be a new season for a while (as in, a few anime seasons)because the anime's first season ending is very close to the current manga (only like an arc away).

Anyhow, awesome series, and I hope they make a second season, this time with more Rana!
Apr 23, 2011 6:17 PM
Sep 2009
What a generic ending. And to cap series off, it's no surprise that Mr. Aoi says, "It's only the beginning." So typical...
Apr 24, 2011 7:03 AM
Dec 2010
ahh if i had known this show had "to be continued - maybe" as it's a end i would have not watched it this soon.
i liked this show.During watching It somehow changed from blood, flying limbs and boobs to blood, flying limbs and boobs with some sense in it, maybe a story?

I would definitely do without overdone nudity but seems it's trying to follow manga version, so i understand it would mean to change it's original concept.

If there's 2nd season i will want to see it, but longer it will take for 2nd s. to go out, less i will want to see it :P
Edit: re-watching after more then year
Good story, I like characters, When i started episode I watched till ending and it never got boring but
I don't know about over-used nudity just for fan-service, That just doesn't feel right in this show, probably because it's serious type of show and whenever you can see boobs, it means that girl suffers from pain or something horrible. Not my kind of fan-service to be honest.
greenmartyOct 22, 2012 2:20 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 25, 2011 11:14 AM
Oct 2009
A fun little action series. Nothing to complain except they revived Genessa, felt kinda cheated. I'll look forward to the 2nd season.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
May 7, 2011 3:37 PM

Mar 2010
One great series that i have enjoyed and many characters i would like to favorite

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 27, 2011 6:34 AM

Aug 2007
The fan service was waaay over the top to the point that it wasn't even remotely enjoyable. Besides that, plot was average at best, but for some reason I really like the characters. 7/10
May 30, 2011 1:27 PM
Apr 2011
characters are what made the show and i want a second season solely because of them. i dont mind ecchi but it could have done with less. the plot was pretty good so it looks like ill give a 7/10
Jun 9, 2011 3:50 AM
May 2011
I found the fan-service to be not that bad, generally enjoyable and not too distracting compare to the likes of HSOTD where i found to be really in the way.

Happy with the ending and hope that there is a second season.

The "mean girls" characters are rather believable and reasonable. A bit of harem fun don't hurt either.
Jun 25, 2011 4:52 PM

Aug 2010
I really hated the guys in this anime... They seemed useless and they were killed so dam easy, Not one of them died badass. I especially hate Kazuya because all he does is scream "Senpai" Instead of taking a knife through the heart like a real HERO.
Do you know the muffin man who disappeared recently?, Yea me neither.
Jul 28, 2011 12:15 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I found Freezing to a great series overall. The fan service was fine, don't really know why everyone is complaining so much... Anyway, the action was intense and fun to watch. A bit gory though, kind of hard to watch girls screaming their heads off because they lost a leg or an arm(sometimes you even saw it fall off). The story was pretty unique with the whole "freezing" concept. I enjoyed most of the characters, some of the guys were kind of stupid though. Satellizer is so awesome. I'm in love with her. She was so cute when she blushed. i like how she went from Tsundere, to more dere at the end. That was great. Then Rana came in(who was always funny and sexy), which in turn made Satellizer grow more, with the whole competition to get Kazuya. The animation was pretty good too. I liked it.

I'm kind of disappointed that Satellizer and Kazuya didn't kiss. I was looking forward to that. Well, there's always next season! :P

Overall, I loved the series. i really hope there's a season 2!
Oct 15, 2011 9:41 AM

Oct 2009
Average ending, but didn't mind the fanservice.
A second season wouldn't hurt.
Oct 28, 2011 7:57 AM

Apr 2011
An okay ending.

A feeling of a second season at the end, but I don't mind if it come true
Dec 3, 2011 7:46 AM

Jan 2011
in the end, no one dies, fine with me since i dont hate Ganessa or the bullying senpais

but i do dislike indecisive guys like Kazuya

overall this is an average series for me, a bit too much internal fightings and not enough actions against the Novas
Dec 3, 2011 11:17 AM

May 2011
klaymore said:
in the end, no one dies, fine with me since i dont hate Ganessa or the bullying senpais

but i do dislike indecisive guys like Kazuya

overall this is an average series for me, a bit too much internal fightings and not enough actions against the Novas

Kazuya is weak, not indecisive. From episode 3 on he is quite willing to be Stella's partner and get "baptized" with her. It's Stella who's indecisive about him.

The truth is by the nature of Pandoras and the plot of the series. The guys in the series will always be submissive doormats to the women. It's like a futuristic Amazonian tribe culture.
Jan 13, 2012 7:53 AM

Nov 2009
Wow I actually found this series to be a nice surprise, the action was fast paced and fluent which managed to keep my interest. The ecchi side to this series didnt really feel overboard in my opinion as it wasnt constant groping harem bullshit which I personally cant stand, also the characters were great in my opinion and were very appealing to the my eyes as usually I always hate the majority of the female cast in a harem due to horrible design like most of the females in Omamori Himari or Hoshizora e kakeru hashi were.
Anyway 8/10 from me and I would love to watch a sequal of this if there is ever going to be one.
Jan 19, 2012 10:58 AM

Aug 2010
I enjoyed this last episode, perhaps more than the other episodes in the whole series. I wonder if that Professor Aoi is Kazuya's dad and that he experimented with his own children! I'm happy that they've become comrades!

Although I do have a question, I thought that their arms have been cut off (for 2 of the Pandoras), but at the last scene, they seemed fine with their arms intact??
Jan 21, 2012 2:14 AM

Feb 2009
blue-y said:
Although I do have a question, I thought that their arms have been cut off (for 2 of the Pandoras), but at the last scene, they seemed fine with their arms intact??

Pandoras can grow limbs back due to the Volt Texture (but this shortens their lifespan)
Jan 23, 2012 2:17 AM

Jan 2012
This should have SEASON 2....remember what Dr. Aoi said.? "...it's still the beginning..." so this should have a season 2...maybe they're still working on it....let's just wait, it's been a year since it has been aired....so i think they're announcing it this COMING LATE SUMMER....

well if it's not....I'll be SAD...

or let's make a petition for season 2....hahahahah
Jan 26, 2012 2:35 PM

Apr 2008
This series was "ok" if looking away from a few details I just couldn't seem to ignore.

1st of all, the girls keeps getting cut and slashed to pieces, yet not a single scratch on them a few days after going through hell. As arms and legs are flying all over the place, barely anyone dies from massive blood loss etc.

2nd: How high is the level of pain they can take, like really. Getting arms and legs cut off, throat getting opened, and they end up crying in pain for maybe a minute at max then they go again if they are one of the main chrs.

In my opinion they ignored to much details in order to give the show more action and a faster phase (prob to cut down on the episodes, I dno).

Anywho's. FANSERVICE, and lots of it. Being weak as I am, I couldn't help but raise the score some because of it.
Some disturbing scenes but loved it.

Romance-wise it became quite clear rather early that there would not be any lovey-lovey anywhere yet,even though with a quite high chance for a 2nd season to be made, I cannot ignore the fact that I WANT some development to take place.

As for the Aoi guy at the end of this episode, I got my thoughts on who it might be,and ofc that would be Kazuya's father.
As there were way to many chrs compared to the episodes, we didn't really get to know anything about anyone worth mentioning. Satella would be the 1 we actually got to know "some" background about at all.
As they never showed us anything about Kazuya's family except from his sister, there are 2 options available: 1, his father and mother died because of a earlier Nova attack, or 2, Kazuya lived with his sister because both parents had/have important 24hour jobs which made the siblings live alone.
None of those 2 can be proven as they have yet to make that background on him.
Even so, I base my accusation of that Aoi Gengo, is in fact kazuya's father that sent him to the west academy on purpose as seeing Satella got some of his sister's stigma implanted.

Enough with all my jibberish anyway. I got a question regarding getting "baptized".
I am not sure I fully understood what it meant by performing that although I got my suspicions. anyone care to enlighten me?
Jan 26, 2012 2:37 PM

Apr 2008
GenericAsianGuy said:
blue-y said:

Pandoras can grow limbs back due to the Volt Texture (but this shortens their lifespan)

Where can I read up on that?
Feb 4, 2012 3:39 PM

Dec 2011
Enjoyable anime, I liked the transformation from "untouchable" to a girly version. I like the romance aaaand of course the fanservice was pretty good. The fighting scenes were cool too, I love the Accel. There is a few things unexplained in the anime, but all in all it was good.
Feb 6, 2012 1:54 PM

Jan 2012
At the end it got better. 7/10
Feb 8, 2012 7:47 AM
Feb 2012
Already hoping for a second season. This series was a nice surprise and reminded me alot of sekirei. Just wondering if Kazuya will have the ability to be paired with more then 1 Pandora.
Feb 29, 2012 11:34 PM

Jan 2012
Хах. Мне понравилась концовка. Что-то в этом есть. Пошла смотреть спешлы*
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.