Episode Information
Forums

Pages (5) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion

Apr 1, 2011 10:41 PM

One of the worst shows I have seen. I liked the first season and I liked railgun, but this was complete utter shit.

Apr 1, 2011 10:43 PM

Desperately trying to increase tension in season 3.

Stupid last battle.

Even more loose ends.

p.s. Gotta admit Touma has balls to run in somewhere with just a sheet of bulletproof glass in his hands. I woulda shot out his legs though.

Apr 1, 2011 11:08 PM

I watched this for the plot.
I'd be happy if season 3 was nothing but Touma and Accelerator fighting the bad guys with a nice interspersion of MISAKAxTOUMA MOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Teh fuck am I gonna do without Mikoto-chan :((((((((
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Apr 1, 2011 11:28 PM

i was not pleased with this ending..... cliff hanger? what about the roman catholic church and Aleister??? i mean every thing else was fine... guess theres gonna be a 3rd season then??????

Apr 1, 2011 11:54 PM

Might as well start naming the series "A Certain Chaotic Good Accelerator" or something since he's clearly the main character and has been for some time.

One early lesson in one of my film study courses was that a protagonist is the one who undergoes the largest character changes or development. This has been Accelerator. He is the primary actor.

I really wish they'd just stop with the Touma sideplots at this point.

blahrgness said:
Gotta admit Touma has balls to run in somewhere with just a sheet of bulletproof glass in his hands. I woulda shot out his legs though.

The subs I watched said "I *hope* this is bulletproof"... The man has balls the size of watermelons.

===

This felt too much like just another episode. Like, it'll just continue next week. There was absolutely nothing climactic or cathartic about this episode. Not even a cliffhanger, really. Just setting up for a new plot, despite there not being another episode until who knows when. Meh. If it was going to be this anticlimactic *anyway* they might as well have taken their time a bit without rushing, putting these last 2 episodes in the 3rd season instead. :/

Even in a short season of 12-14 episodes, it's fine to put filler, stretch, or reorder events in order to provide for a decent story progression and climax/conclusion on the last episode or two. Should be easier in a 24 episode series. I think the series director here is just churning out episodes not really caring when the series hiccups on season breaks since he knows he'll get as many seasons as he wants?
Modified by ZetaZeta, Apr 2, 2011 12:02 AM

Apr 2, 2011 12:39 AM

LOL Accelerator did a double-take when he saw a MILF

Apr 2, 2011 12:43 AM

wheresthehandle said:
Teh fuck am I gonna do without Mikoto-chan :((((((((

There's still that OVA -- Shopping Mall Demonstration arc :D

and..
IndexFanboy214 said:

People ask for a railgun 2 but i say FUK THAT. Index 3 FTW.

wakka9ca said:
Anyway, this is the type of series you enjoy in retrospect...

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --

Apr 2, 2011 12:48 AM

overall anime 8/10 . Most likely there will be third season . Cuz ending looked like there will be more...

Apr 2, 2011 12:55 AM

entropy13 said:
LOL Accelerator did a double-take when he saw a MILF

As would I. Well, maybe I wouldn't move my gaze away in the first place. V:

Apr 2, 2011 1:24 AM

the series have been really good since ep 17/18

cant believe it ends just NOW :<

makes me want to read the novel but... i hate to read.

Apr 2, 2011 1:36 AM

nice episode.
GROUP and accelerator are just awesome
cant wait for season 3, since thats when all the crazy shit is gonna begin
s2 is merely the beginning

Apr 2, 2011 1:40 AM

Wow, henchmen are stupid. I like how they suddenly all stopped firing when Touma dropped the shield. Not much of an arc and not much of an ending. I really wanted to learn more about that Komaba Ritoku guy. He seems like one of those misunderstood bad asses with a heart, yet they kill him off and I dunno...

Honestly, this whole season kinda bites. The plot in every arc has been rather confusing and unsatisfying with it's blah blah conspiracies and lack luster character development. Why didn't index get more screen time where she isn't whining about where Touma's been and food. Everything could have been better, thus, 6/10 from me.

Apr 2, 2011 1:45 AM

Wow way to end with a cliff hanger. Group is definitely badass! Now the wait for season 3... T_T

Apr 2, 2011 1:46 AM

i felt like i had to force myself to watch this show but when i finally watched it, i loved it. the story and fights were fun and the back story was well written. Then when i saw this final episode i finally realized why i had to force myself to watch this. I couldn't stand INDEX lol she is a glutton who is selfish and always abuses touma who provides her with food and a place to stay. Why are all anime guys a pushover lol its so annoying and im a girl lol
- Marissa Chan!

Apr 2, 2011 2:28 AM

I feel like it got kinda rushed. There were a bunch of things they haven't explained and I don't want to write them, but if you carefully saw the series, then you know what I'm talking about. I love the series, but this episode just wasn't final episode material.....at least to me it wasn't.

Apr 2, 2011 2:28 AM

Christ what an BS episode... -.-'

Seems like the only thing they consistently managed to do throughout this season was to keep the same level of quality, namely total low level garbage ^^

Unless there is new Railgun season without any twerp Touma and his narutard whiskers in sight I'm definitely not returning to watch anything regarding Academy City.

Quite laughable how they claim this is a "Science" anime when they break at least one law of physics in every episode and still not manage to make it entertaining.

Overall Score 5/10 tho, since there actually where two or three somewhat good scenes in total.

Apr 2, 2011 2:37 AM

liked the first session more this session had a lot of ups and downs still gve it a 8/10 (normally only a 7 but i'm big fan of this show^^)

Apr 2, 2011 3:15 AM

Nothing much to comment..
8/10
Will have to wait for Season 3..

Apr 2, 2011 3:17 AM

i am more looking forward to another railgun season rather than index.... 8/10 for me, kinda weird ending.

Apr 2, 2011 4:42 AM

I just watched this for Accelerator and Last Order.
I give this a 8/10 for Accelerator and GROUP.

Apr 2, 2011 4:48 AM

9/10. My fav. anime of all time. Freaking love this. And god, GROUP is so awesome..
I want S3, now! :(

Apr 2, 2011 5:55 AM

wakka9ca said:
alexcampos said:

He still manages to beat EVERYONE (all of which are STRONGER than him) completely based on "SHOUNEN LOGIC".

IT just doesn't make sense, you know he could lose a battle and not die, there can be an arc that doesn't follow the following formula:

#1 BS Speech that makes him a complete MORALFAG...

#2 HE LOSES THE BATTLE, but mysteriously gets back up

#3 He KO's his opponent despite the fact that he's a LEVEL 0 and has no logical reason for winning the battle.

LOL. You still don't get it do you...there IS a logical reason...

Nothing is what it seems. It was JUST AS PLANNED...

Anyway, this is the type of series you enjoy in retrospect...
alexcampos said:
Hageshiikaze said:
Oh and I lol'd when he still considered himself a level 0...

I mostly DESKFACED when he said that...seriously, STFU Touma....

IndexFanboy214 said:
Why is it so hard for people to find Touma as a level 0? Im sorry but just cuz he beat people who are pretty strong doesn't mean he cant still be a zero.

Really???

You're really asking this?

OK...let's pretend he doesn't have imagine breaker or what I like to call "ULTIMATE ANIME HAX POWER"

He still manages to beat EVERYONE (all of which are STRONGER than him) completely based on "SHOUNEN LOGIC".

IT just doesn't make sense, you know he could lose a battle and not die, there can be an arc that doesn't follow the following formula:

#1 BS Speech that makes him a complete MORALFAG...

#2 HE LOSES THE BATTLE, but mysteriously gets back up

#3 He KO's his opponent despite the fact that he's a LEVEL 0 and has no logical reason for winning the battle.

This season really turned into a SHOUNEN anime if nothing else, except the arcs come out of NOWHERE and doesn't follow a cohesive or understandable plot.

Maybe the LN are better, but the anime has failed in many aspects.

get out

Apr 2, 2011 7:54 AM

8/10

Apr 2, 2011 8:43 AM

Psychotik said:
One of the worst shows I have seen. I liked the first season and I liked railgun, but this was complete utter shit.

yup..i agree with u..i dun care if other ppl want flame me or what.. but what i want to say from bottom of my heart, tis 2nd season anime overall really fcked up..i really regret watch it..i gona be hater for tis anime..

however.. i like accelerator char..that only thing i like..

Apr 2, 2011 8:46 AM

What a ending, did not really see it coming but perhaps another season to wrap everything up. Misaka's mom is truly special.
Need more Accelerator.
9/10

Apr 2, 2011 9:01 AM

It just wouldn't be Index if it didn't end with an overly-long speech from Touma and a trip to the hospital.

Overall, I give this season a 5/10. No idea why the fuck people are giving it 9s and 10s, did we even watch the same anime? This episode was one of the worst of the series, it was seriously like reading the first chapter of a book, skipping the 5 chapters succeeding it, then reading the final chapter.

I know Touma is an adept level fighter, but he shows absolutely none of his fighting prowess here. It's almost as if J.C. have completely forgotten how to choreograph a real fist fight. All Touma did was use his right hand, head and rely on a piece of bullet-proof glass. Seriously J.C., seriously? Touma is incapable of using his left hand and legs is he?

Overly humorous how many people have come to the conclusion that a third season will be coming any time soon.
Modified by no-thanks, Apr 2, 2011 9:06 AM

Apr 2, 2011 9:55 AM

I want moore. :[
More Accelerator !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 2, 2011 9:58 AM

"Onibokusu" said:
Overly humorous how many people have come to the conclusion that a third season will be coming any time soon.

New Season's coming has nothing to do with opinions of some critics. It depends on DVD sales (Index S2 sells much better then S1), Original Source's popularity (Index in one of most popular LN's) and Studio's will to animate it (a certain cameo this ep showed that they are willing to animate more then just one more season).

S1 getting an S2 was questionable, but S3 seems like a certainty.

"Matheine" said:
I want moore. :[
More Accelerator !

Many people want more Accelerator ;)

Apr 2, 2011 10:03 AM

Well, here I was hoping it'd be a great episode, and it started out pretty well.
Then suddenly, Touma begins spewing his nonsensical bullshit, and the episode quickly took a turn for the worse.

Oh well, I guess Touma's last words pretty much summarizes most of this season.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Apr 2, 2011 10:16 AM

Oosran said:
Well, here I was hoping it'd be a great episode, and it started out pretty well.
Then suddenly, Touma begins spewing his nonsensical bullshit, and the episode quickly took a turn for the worse.

Oh well, I guess Touma's last words pretty much summarizes most of this season.

How come no one gets Toumas speeches, yeah of course there are bad ones, even the author jokes in the story saying his speeches are bad once in a while but then you got those he does make sense ones too.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 2, 2011 10:24 AM

Wasabi said:
And here it ends with zero closure. Let's hope season 3 will actually be good. 7/10

Yeah, i can see the foreshadow and all, but it just seems like they picked an awkward spot to end it in... I mean things were just getting started! The second half was better than the first though.

Apr 2, 2011 10:58 AM

This episode was one of the worst of the series, it was seriously like reading the first chapter of a book, skipping the 5 chapters succeeding it, then reading the final chapter.

Probably because it is NOT the final chapter.If anything, we just arrived to the "true beginning".

To all the people saying this, seriously, what were you expecting?
That JC staff would skip half of the LN out right now? (god, this would be horrible)
Or for Index to have 75 episodes, so you can watch everything in a row?

It is quite obvious that the ending of the S2 must not be watched as a "true final".Even the anime says it itself.

(by the way, for one of the people before, haters are stupid. you can stop to watch it, you can decide that you don't care about it, but haters are just like trolls, the worst thing. Ever.)

S1 getting an S2 was questionable, but S3 seems like a certainty.

Even without the sales part; let's say that JC staff are crazy and don't care about this.
The ending of S2 is a GIANT flag toward this. If a season 3 wasn't to be expected, Shiage would NOT be here. he have ABSOLUTELY no reason to be here without a S3, and he is VERY, VERY easily skippable.

I know Touma is an adept level fighter, but he shows absolutely none of his fighting prowess here. It's almost as if J.C. have completely forgotten how to choreograph a real fist fight. All Touma did was use his right hand, head and rely on a piece of bullet-proof glass. Seriously J.C., seriously? Touma is incapable of using his left hand and legs is he?

Thing is, he is not the real "fighter" of the serie, and the fights are not the most important part of it neither.

Apr 2, 2011 11:15 AM

IndexFanboy214 said:
Oosran said:
How come no one gets Toumas speeches, yeah of course there are bad ones, even the author jokes in the story saying his speeches are bad once in a while but then you got those he does make sense ones too.
Okay, fine, let me rephrase that a little;
"Then suddenly, Touma begins spewing his actually-making-sense bullshit."
Sure, he does make sense. But it's still bull.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Apr 2, 2011 11:26 AM

Hmm, this episode was actually pretty good. But that's because the amount of Musujime and Misuzu was totally awesome. <3

4/5 for this episode and 5.5/10 for this series. Totally disappointing. I liked Kuroko's arc, the arc on the boat aaaand that's about it. The pacing was terrible, the character were stupid and stereotypical, the art and animation took a real dive (Some parts were animated beautifully, I have to admit that. And the background were also really pretty.), there were plot holes everywhere and the story was completely incomprehensible most of the time.

Let's hope for a Railgun II next October.

Apr 2, 2011 11:30 AM

I guess it depends of your tastes. These speeches are actually the very thing which makes me love Index stranger than Railgun.
If you are reallly want action, well, yes, it can be boring.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, Indexfan, but IIRC, after this episode, things start to become more "serious" and less "huge speech out of nowhere", right?
(Well, the fact that we are not following Touma anymore sure helps...)

Apr 2, 2011 11:32 AM

Like people said, this series is really for the LN readers. It's really really rushed though.

The amount of detail cameo appearances is amazing in the anime adaption if you can connect all the missing links and character relationships....

For instance, ITEM members made their cameo back in Railgun. And we get to see Fremea in this episode too ---> Indication for a possible 4th season.

3rd season is a given, unless J.C. Staff goes bankrupt or unforeseen events happen.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Apr 2, 2011 11:39 AM

wakka9ca said:
The amount of detail cameo appearances is amazing in the anime adaption if you can connect all the missing links and character relationships...

This is the best thing with this anime IMO.
And Railgun make this even more obvious.
The series are good as stand-alone series, but they are really excellent when they are together and create a complex universe with links everywhere.
Say hello to the Kihara family, Railgun-watchers.

Apr 2, 2011 11:42 AM

Mr_Ken said:

get out

Maybe i would not have phrased it like alexcampos but he has a point. This season did not have shit on the first one and the arcs had pretty much no tie in. And Touma holding a sermon EVERY single time he gets in a fight doesn't make it better either.

Apr 2, 2011 11:50 AM

+ GROUP makes their debut
+ Foreshadowing of New Testament (I like those things at times)
+ Accelerator sees Touma
+ Hamazura appears

- Touma did not see Accelerator
- The ending had a similar feel of Index I, made me not very satisfied
- Everything went quickly
- This was when I finnaly started to get annoyed by Touma's speeches, especially that it was torwards Hamazura

Apr 2, 2011 12:02 PM

I didn't even realize the guy giving orders to Accelerator was the guy from that season 1 ep. Group seems pretty cool and again much better than the beginning of the season.

less Index the better. I can't believe AGAIN Accelerator and Touma didn't meet up. why keep teasing?

Apr 2, 2011 12:40 PM

ending the season like that felt a little bit awkward. I think for LN readers it seems like a great cliffhanger, but I'm trying not to read ahead.

Battle with Awaki felt wrong. Did I miss something where she can't teleport moving objects or something? Or teleport her opponent? Also, you're not really changing speed or direction while in the air, so it seems like the guy jumping up would be certain death vs move point.

I think I've missed something critical about Accel - how can he speak and understand when he isn't connected to the Misaka network? I don't really understand when/why he loses the ability to speak.

Also, what was the red thing on Awaki's neck? That special tape he mentioned? But why would she need it?

Apr 2, 2011 12:42 PM

Did you guys notice that index II trailer had parts of "index III" (i mean , things that didnt happened)

like terra and aqua with their weapons :/

Apr 2, 2011 12:43 PM

Too bad it's over, what about the announcement at the end of the second season ?

-> Now it's time for some LNovels
yuno6.jpg

Apr 2, 2011 12:43 PM

willardhwright said:

I guess it depends of your tastes. These speeches are actually the very thing which makes me love Index stranger than Railgun.
If you are reallly want action, well, yes, it can be boring.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, Indexfan, but IIRC, after this episode, things start to become more "serious" and less "huge speech out of nowhere", right?
(Well, the fact that we are not following Touma anymore sure helps...)

Yeah.

Really if u guys want to see for yourself just click the link in my sig for the novels in English and start on 14 and let me know what u think. If u don't like it then u should obviously drop the series
Modified by JoJo10, Apr 2, 2011 4:27 PM
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 2, 2011 1:06 PM

Season 3 will most probably happen, as it's right popular in Japan apparently. I wouldn't be too bothered if there wasn't one, but obviously would prefer one.

Apr 2, 2011 1:27 PM

Damn, why only 24 episodes? With 2 more, it would have been totally epic... :(
But well, that last episode was good, funny to see Touma and Accelerator worked together by coincidence to save Misuzu :)

Apr 2, 2011 1:28 PM
Forum Moderator
This episode clearly suggests a other season tho i wonder who would be the main personally i would find it great if there where to be a other season of Railgun the question is will that follow the changes made in this season of Index.
I salute Touma for slapping that guy he deserved it.
And it seems Accelerator got some new friends whether he likes it or not.

Speaking of Accelerator it seems he is a bit more helpful to others going out of his way to tell a little girl that her friend/family member died. (At least this is suggested)
And then helping Misaka's mother out and even running into Touma tho that was a rather short short moment and it happened twice this episode.
He still needs to learn to say thank you tho.

Touma was pretty insane ones again this episode even running at a group of kids with guns and it's a miracle he didn't get hit.
It still interesting to she how for his self sacrifice syndrome goes in helping others since he pretty much risks everything.
They probably reserved a room for him specially in the hospital since he comes there so often for treatment tho not as much as first season tho.
And he has a pretty good bond with the doctor by now.

Awaki's fight was pretty interesting to see as well and it was surprising to see her help Accelerator after what he had done to her a few arcs ago.
And know there even paired up with each other and i wonder how that relationship will turn out.
It does seems she learned from a few arcs ago tho she still has a serious killing intend but so does Accelerator.

All in all i am wondering what will come next tho i am pretty sure it will be a interesting watch ones again.

Apr 2, 2011 1:33 PM

Papajan said:
ending the season like that felt a little bit awkward. I think for LN readers it seems like a great cliffhanger, but I'm trying not to read ahead.

Battle with Awaki felt wrong. Did I miss something where she can't teleport moving objects or something? Or teleport her opponent? Also, you're not really changing speed or direction while in the air, so it seems like the guy jumping up would be certain death vs move point.

I think I've missed something critical about Accel - how can he speak and understand when he isn't connected to the Misaka network? I don't really understand when/why he loses the ability to speak.

Also, what was the red thing on Awaki's neck? That special tape he mentioned? But why would she need it?
Awaki lost because teleporting is a very difficult power to use, even though she has a lot of freedom with it, to the point where she needs a flashlight to help her aim, it still requires a shit ton of concentration. Not to mention she isn't really trained for fighting or has any fighting skills like the other members of GROUP.

You mean when those jammer things got released? lol Who knows. Maybe it was getting a small signal or some shit. lol Kamachi.exe

That thing on Awaki's neck allows her to use her abilities. She pretty much lost the ability to use them after the Remnant arc, because of kuroko giving her that mental breakdown, and from accel hitting her in the face. What the machine does, is it helps keep her calm, and her stress level at a minimum, it's like a massage machine of sorts.

Aversa said:
Awaki's fight was pretty interesting to see as well and it was surprising to see her help Accelerator after what he had done to her a few arcs ago.
And know there even paired up with each other and i wonder how that relationship will turn out.
It does seems she learned from a few arcs ago tho she still has a serious killing intend but so does Accelerator.
You know they took a part out right? I put it in my early post.
Modified by FlowersAreCool, Apr 2, 2011 3:30 PM
I hate you all.

Apr 2, 2011 2:58 PM

Lol @ Misaka's drunken mum.

I hope we get a S3 soon...

Apr 2, 2011 3:10 PM

This season felt extremely disappointing.
I'll give it a 7.

According to novelfags it'll be good next season, like insanely good.
So I'll be crossing my fingers until then.

Pages (5) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »