Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 2, 2011 8:03 PM

Sep 2010
Finally over. Rushed episode. Overall it was alright.
Apr 3, 2011 1:13 AM
Mar 2010
Yay for another badass protagonist, waiting for season 3 is going to be hell. I want my Battle Royale NAO. At least translators have some time to catch up on their light novel translations ;)
Apr 3, 2011 2:31 AM

Jul 2008
"Onibokusu" said:
Not really. The chance of an OVA is also there, as is the chance of a movie. Railgun got an OVA, so it's not impossible for Index to receive a short OVA rather than a full-out season.

That would be many OVA's then ^_^;
But if it improves the quality, I am all for an OVA series!

Doubt we would be that lucky though...

As far as Railgun OVA goes... it is not animating the arc that comes after Level Upper Arc. So I wouldn't use that one as an example.
Apr 3, 2011 4:38 AM
Nov 2008
Nayrael said:

That would be many OVA's then ^_^;
But if it improves the quality, I am all for an OVA series!

OVAs are not limited by episode count, nor time constraint. Legend of the Galactic Heroes has over 150 OVA episodes, althought I doubt J.C. Staff has the budget and man power to do such a thing. An 8 episode OVA would probably suffice

As far as Railgun OVA goes... it is not animating the arc that comes after Level Upper Arc. So I wouldn't use that one as an example.

I would use it as an example, as it is an OVA. Whether it is canon or does does not discount that it is an OVA.
Apr 3, 2011 5:01 AM

Jan 2008
Not bad. Not how I would have preferred the ending to have been done up (ie rushed), but all round it was okay.

Now for the third season, and Railgun season 2.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 3, 2011 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
SomeIdiot said:

Aversa said:
Awaki's fight was pretty interesting to see as well and it was surprising to see her help Accelerator after what he had done to her a few arcs ago.
And know there even paired up with each other and i wonder how that relationship will turn out.
It does seems she learned from a few arcs ago tho she still has a serious killing intend but so does Accelerator.
You know they took a part out right? I put it in my early post.
Sorry i didn't read any other posts yet when i wrote this but i did now.
And it became clear thanks for sharing.
Apr 3, 2011 2:29 PM

Sep 2007
I don't think I'm going to see a season 3 of this... =/

Apr 3, 2011 3:33 PM

Jan 2009
Wooaahhh so that "identity changer" member of GROUP was the same person at the end of season 1 ep 18??? And I've been wondering all this time what it was that Touma said that they slienced out :P
KanuTousenApr 3, 2011 3:38 PM
Apr 4, 2011 4:18 AM

Dec 2007
This single episode was better than the entire last (extremely muddled and overlong) arc. Thank you for finally getting your act straight, show. Now let's move on with this story.....oh damn it, it's over? Does that mean we're getting a Railgun II next? Ugh...if so, I pass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2011 4:42 AM

Nov 2009
ZetaZeta said:
Might as well start naming the series "A Certain Chaotic Good Accelerator"

that would be a total total badass
Apr 4, 2011 7:44 AM

Oct 2009
Sounds like a 3rd season is coming :)
Apr 4, 2011 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
Touma is like in the hospital after every arc lol. 8/10 for 2nd season. Next up WWIII.
Apr 4, 2011 7:25 PM

Feb 2009
So will the next season be about Accelerator and his little superhero group? :P

I guess i'm pretty much invested in this series now.
Apr 5, 2011 5:53 AM

Oct 2009
I wonder if it's on purpose they are not letting Touma and Accelerator meet up. Would be epic if they do.. T_T
KaiPercivalApr 5, 2011 6:06 AM

Apr 5, 2011 10:04 AM
Nov 2009
gief s3, this last episode felt kinda rushed indeed. Still gave it an 8/10
Apr 5, 2011 2:38 PM

Jul 2010
Good to see Mikoto's mother appear again, even though this whole little "arc" was kinda rushed. So now Accelerator is part of GROUP eh? Interesting. I wonder if Touma will become a member of it as well later on. It's a shame Touma and Accelerator didn't actually "meet" in the end though. I would've loved another confrontation between the two. Accelerator only spotted him a couple of times. D:

Overall a great sequel to a great series, although I still prefer season one as it felt a little less rushed. Anyway, can't wait for season III! Or maybe Railgun II first, who knows? =D

This one's gonna get the same verdict as season one from me; 8/10. =)

Apr 6, 2011 2:40 PM

Aug 2008
So that means they don't want Biribiri to leave Academy City? Figures. She's useful.

Looking forward to the next season!
Apr 7, 2011 12:46 AM

Mar 2011
overall a disappointing season but i was unfairly expecting perfection. some garbage arcs resulted in having to rush the good ones. a free point awarded for mostly taking place in academy city. lost points for causing severe index and touma deja vu throughout the season (they didn't feel this repetitive in season 1).

located in academy city: +1 point
index: -1 point
touma: -1 point
kuroko: +2 points
misakas: +2 points
accelerator: +5 points

total: 8/10
Apr 7, 2011 7:04 PM
Apr 2011
I won’t speak only of an episode, say the whole series was great, I give 9/10!
I was reading some posts that depression after seeing a great anime pass, just passed, so I'm writing and will soon be back to normal life without Index D:

but fuck that isn't dependent on us, this dependets from the Japanese they see on television, if they don't like, we will not have more, that sucks, is like relying on them .. I wanted to help, i don't know..
Apr 7, 2011 8:39 PM

Mar 2011
Haha! I enjoyed that! The last few episode were so enjoyable that I was going to turn in for the night around midnight-1am at ep19, but I ended up watching the rest of the series and its now 4:30am. Bugger. This show is too addictive.

Soooo, I'm guessing (budgets and licencing permitting) that we'll have Railgun s2, then Index s3, then Railgun s3 and so on and on until the author gets bored and stops writing or popularity drops and the show is axed.

But im happy with that, I really like the whole world thats been created here, and could happily watch any omake or gaiden they just make up, as there are a lot of supporting characters that don't get a lot of their own time to really flesh out the characters (ie a silly story about Himegami and the maid looking to buy bento ingredients, or some such pleasant rubbish!)
Apr 9, 2011 12:10 AM

Nov 2006
Feels like I just watched 1 and a half episodes of the next seaon. Well, the second season was fun and exciting. Can't wait till season 3.

Season 3 before Railgun 2 *crosses fingers* X3
Apr 9, 2011 8:11 AM

Oct 2009
without Accelerator my rating would be significantly lower, dunno if I have enough patience for the 3rd season...

6/10
Amen
Apr 9, 2011 12:12 PM

Mar 2010
Wow.. Was that even considered a season? I can't believe they ruined the ''Toaru Majutsu no Index'' experience for me like that. I was gleaming to see they would produce a second season and the moment it started I could tell I would be disappointed! My goodness. I felt like I was watching a straight-c comedy, with no plot, poor characters, and nothing to really define it overall. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been this dissatisfied watching a sequel to an anime. Now, I'm 100% surely expecting a third season, and there's no doubt. What they really need to do is make up for the terrible production that was ''Toaru Majutsu no Index''. Overall, I give it a 6/10. The only reason being because I loved the first season and don't wish for the anime to die out like that. ''Toaru Majustu no Index'' completed! Looking forward to the next season!
Apr 9, 2011 7:06 PM

May 2008
hmmm great series i guess it was alot better then i thought it would be :)

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 12, 2011 9:34 AM

Jul 2007
The start and the middle was SHIT but holy crap the ending was amazing. Really loved it. And it hyped me so much for the next season (if there is one-Im in the army and cut from most anime news :< ) i cant even describe it. Misaka was awesome as always and i got to like Touma a little bit more ^^

Anyways definately better than 1st season imo and tons of potential for a good 3rd one :)
Apr 12, 2011 9:07 PM

Apr 2010
I don't have qualms with the ending since it gave hints about the next season and is not the final "last" episode.

.......................Now time to rant...................

Overall I give season 2 a 5/10. It was very annoying to see the same B.S formula repeated over and over. For pete's sake Touma flipping ends each fight with a punch on the opponents face. WTF?

I still find it a miracle Touma has not died ever since season 1. okay he can negate/cancel the opponents power but that is all. (a nice scenario would be any of the chicks that can teleport zaps to his back and sticks a table knife up his throat, done). I don't find his powers special as a main character one bit, accelerator would have been a better fit. This is a beat em up shounen super power anime and we have a main character that should lose to any esper with a bit of sense. Seriously all you need is a big plank to beat this guy to a pulp. I like Touma's personality but hate his mind boggling speeches and power which seems hax but actually needs upgrading.
Apr 17, 2011 4:56 PM
Jan 2010
I regret leaving it this long to watch the last 2 episodes more Accelerator is always good shame is stays crippled. It wouldn't be the end of season without Touma being in hospital bed.

Just got to wait for season 3 of this which hopefully won't be to far away.
Apr 19, 2011 5:24 AM

Feb 2011
espers and magicians in one group love to see them fight together if there's a next season..

9/10
Apr 21, 2011 9:25 PM

Jan 2008
Aside from the clean, crispy art and fluid animation, I enjoy this series mostly towards the end with Accelerator, oppss there's also Tsuchimikado in the earlier or middle part, Misaka and Touma during the fillers, also Accelerator and Last Order, and yes Stiyl anytime. Argh, Index is annoying most of the time. The GROUP seems badass and I look forward for them in S3. Hmm as for the expectation in the next installations, I prefer Railgun II first then Index III. If there will be a lot of screentime for the GROUP and Kanzaki then it will be a pleasure to watch Index III.
LieilaApr 21, 2011 9:31 PM
Apr 24, 2011 7:53 AM

Sep 2008
It took them twenty four episodes to use Gensou Koroshi. Twenty Four.

They completely fucked over the Komaba fight, but they handled Touma's fight pretty well. The lead-up to that was littered with odd little things which detracted ("I hope this is bullet proof"? Really? We're gonna pretend he didn't know whether the pane of glass was bullet proof or not?), but accelerator's end of that was handled.... passably. They didn't do any major damage.

Overall, with the fight and Accel heading off with the rest of GROUP, as well as the look in at Last Order, this was a strong note to end the season on. The episode had its' flaws, but I'd have to call this a job well done.

As far as the season as a whole goes... let's just say my expectations will be dramatically different when season three gets announced, and leave it at that. They clearly think they can rely on the fanbase the franchise has making the quality of the product irrelevant. The fact that I'm still here tells me they're right. That's cool. I can live with that. Just not gonna have to alter my expectations in accordance. Nothing special there. Same as I've had to do with every other cash cow franchise whether it be Final Fantasy, Sonic the Hedgehog, House MD, or what have you. You don't stop being a fan, you just stop expecting them to weave it from golden fibers. All good. All good.
Apr 28, 2011 11:31 AM

Oct 2009
Well these last episodes were great but the rest sucked ass, too many women who exist for the sake of fanservice >_> seriously whats up with Kanzaki :<
They should really give more screen-time for some of the other interesting characters other than having Touma's lame ass long speech's...

Still overall i enjoyed it, *fingers crossed for Index III* IF it will ever be green-lit i hope J.C. Staff don't fuck it up and give us something close to what Season 1 was >.<
Apr 29, 2011 1:43 PM

Oct 2010
ok why is this even called Index? Why not call it the "The Magical Adventures of Random people on Academy City"?
Up to episode 17 I seriously enjoy this anime. Episode 18 gave me the feeling that something massive was going to happen and that heads where going to roll... and then is just this whinny girl complaining about a defective roller coaster and this random last two episodes.

7/10 - So much build-up for a a very lame and inconclusive ending... beginning (1-18) is enjoyable though.
choyosJun 28, 2011 12:35 AM
huh?
May 27, 2011 6:51 AM

Nov 2007
ah. every time.. every episode., im looking forward to toumaxindex scenes. but for the whole series, it never appeared! tsk. its mor eof the other characters. i like the fighting scenes., but i want it to be focused on index case.. and i want to see touma saving, protecting her. but the hell! its more of the other way.. most of the times, index is always left alone and i didn't like that. but still, i like index, so icant do anything about it..

still looking forward to toaruindex season 3.. and i hope itll have a lot of toumaXindex scenes!
May 30, 2011 9:30 AM

Mar 2009
Bad. Railgun was better. Since Railgun was a 8/10, this is not any better than 7/10.
Jun 3, 2011 9:57 AM

Jan 2010
It was good. It was not any better than season I but it was not as bad. I just hope they will be able to explain some more things in season III or Railgun II.

8/10
Jun 10, 2011 11:59 AM

Sep 2008
start was awful. middle got bit better. ending was awesome. i'll give it 8/10 because the last part of the series was very enjoyable
Jun 17, 2011 7:33 AM

Nov 2009
OK this is quite a hard decision to make. If your comparing this to LN then obviously the LN would be a whole lot better in average.

As for this episode I give it a 9/10 because I thought it was a great place to stop and end the season (for season 3).

As for the season in general, I guess 8/10 would be the maxium score. There were Pro's and Con's that Season 2 had comparing to the other seasons. One of the major things that I was dissapointed with was the way in which J.C.Staff adapted the anime from the LN. There were just so many things they couldv'e used as material from the LN to make the anime more interesting. I know the anime is 'based' but this may affect the popularity of the overall franchise of the 'Index' series.

A season 3 seeems very likely as there are still many things to be told. Index is one of the most popular franchises in Japan so in terms of 'popularity,' it should be ok...
If there is a season 3, high expectations are expected from me as season 2 just lacked the 'exciting feeling' and they need to push it back up to sustain it but then again I enjoyed season 2 but it could of been better.....

Animation Score: 6.5/10 (mainly for Accelerator)
Plot Score: 7/10 (Only a high score because of the 'Academy Invasion Arc')
Overall Score: 7.5 or 8/10

Aug 7, 2011 10:52 PM
Jul 2011
hey, can anyone tell me what im watching? cuz it says index but i havent seen anyone with that name in this season :P, i mean, WOW, is index a supporting character in her OWN series? they could have name it "the boy who breaks illusions" or something like that, in overall, this episode was quite good, i mean, it isn't like an EPIC FINAL EPIZODEZZZZ, if not, it was a cliffhanger episode if you know what im trying to say, i think they did it on purpose so they can easily open a new season, cuz accelerator now is on the good side, touma is back in the ass-kicking business and churches are mad as hell (ironic, isn't it?) i would like them to focus just a bit more in accelerator, i mean, man he is strong as hell and he is quite an interesting character, and his role was very important in the series, i thought that he would just be a "bad guy" that got beaten up in the first season, but they managed to make him one of the mainz, IM SOOO LOOKING FOWARD TO INDEX III (BUT if they want to change the name.... i wouldn't mind)

PD: lol, there is no PD
REAL PD: lol, there isnt any REAL PD
REAL REAL PD: i have to admit that im surprised about that touma hasn't get himself killed yet, i mean, he only pawnches people in da face like cpt. FALCON, anyways, i have to admit that his pawnches are very ouch-like, i mean, i have the feeling that touma could make a hole in my wall with his fist, cuz, damm, its like one-hit-KO for everyone, but i would like to watch him getting his ass kicked and being saved by accelerator
caonixAug 7, 2011 11:03 PM
Aug 9, 2011 10:38 AM

Oct 2009
10/10 season for me. it sucks how it ended at this arc, because i really wanted to see more of the better parts in the upcoming parts of the novel.
I will miss this a lot until season 3 comes out. wishful thinking, but don't they have enough material for 2 seasons? the novel is still not finished yet as well.
Aug 9, 2011 1:25 PM
Jul 2011
actually "to aru majutsu no index" LN finished, they are now doing some kind of sequel called "new testament" or NT... and yes they have enough material for like... 1.7 seasons? XD i think we re gonna see lots of fillers in season 3... if they plan on doing it anyways
Aug 9, 2011 2:00 PM

Oct 2009
vol. 1 of NT is already out, i don't think there will be even a need for fillers unless JC. staff deliberately chooses to stop at a certain arc. but i hope we are even getting a season 3 lol
Aug 9, 2011 8:16 PM
Jul 2011
well, thats up to them, i think that the war arc is pretty long and that they should save it for another season, im not sayin that im a filler fan, but that would be the best thing to do...... i guess :P anyways they can do it as they please, maybe if they focus a little more in accelerator... they could have enough material for even a 4th season
Sep 19, 2011 1:09 PM

Oct 2008
Accelerator shoots one side of a blanket where tens of them are stretched above (at least 15 meters above, mind you) and this causes such a powerful ventilation that the bits of metal in the air disappear into the sky....
At least find something acceptable if you want the guy to live...
Sep 22, 2011 8:40 PM
Aug 2009
T_T nooooo how can they leave me hanging at this point D:

moar misaka mikoto/imouto/last order!!!
Nov 29, 2011 10:44 AM

Dec 2009
If it were just for Last Order and Acceleretor's arc I'd give this a 10. But the rest was just fan-service-boring-sh3t, which I only enjoyed because of Kuroko and a little for Misaka. So overall, 6/10 for this season.
Dec 31, 2011 8:30 PM

May 2011
Can't wait for season 3, looks like its gunna be fucking intense. I hope it'll come soon after Zero no Tsukaima and Shana ends.

Accelerator is ok, but my favorite member in GROUP has to be Tsuchimikado. Get this badass more screentime.
Jan 19, 2012 11:06 AM

Feb 2010
I need more of this.. NOW!!

GROUP is fucking badass and what's up with that guy who fought Touma at the end?
Feb 17, 2012 12:59 AM

Jan 2012
that skill-out gang leader is so strong although he has no ability. ahh no bloody accelerator this episode. i wanted more blood LOL

so accel and the GROUP will be more fantastic eh? hope the season 3 will be more amazing...

and like index I, the season is closed by the picture touma get bitten by index again. no surprise there LOL i'm happy to see kazakiri again

overall season: 8/10 for me. too much damned explanation. but the battle is surely awesome
Feb 18, 2012 12:38 AM

Jul 2010
FlowersAreCool said:
Aezile said:

This will be the last time I'll say this;

Well then everyone, DISCUSS!

or is it? >:D

What are you implying? That they won't be another season?
Of course there will be.

i hope. i enjoyed this.
i just hope if they make a 3rd season, it will have touma and accel fighting side by side, so we not only have a final punch, but accel can throw the enemy at touma, and he delivers an epic punch.

Jun 9, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2011
These last episodes (after the whole Italy thing) have been the best I've seen in the index series. The series finished off strong ,making me want a 3rd season. However this series did have it's low points no doubt (Italy comes to mind) so overall it's either a 6/10 or 7/10 for me with the strong finish boosting it's score greatly. I'm very curious about this war though and may even check out the novels. Well until next time Touma get's to punch a little girl.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

138 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.