Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 1, 2011 9:35 AM

Apr 2010
THEY PULLED A F***ING LUCKY STAR ENDING!!! OH well it was a great anime anyway. 10/10
Apr 1, 2011 9:42 AM

Nov 2009
Finally it ends and quite a nice one. Looks like Shu finally accepted his fate.
And yey Anna X Shu is back. ^_^
Apr 1, 2011 12:35 PM

Oct 2009
Great final episode.

For the anime-only watchers, definitely check out the manga, it's even better.

This is one of the best of the season for me, only beaten out by Madoka. 9/10
I don't think it's likely we'll get another season in the future, unfortunately. Even though I'd love a sequel to this, or Aoi Hana.
Apr 1, 2011 1:10 PM

Nov 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
On the other hand, I was really hoping that there would be a small glimpse into the future a little where Nitori's voice fully dropped, only to have Norio Wakamoto be voicing him.

ROFL. That is the funniest image, and Wakamoto is my favorite seiyuu.

No, but i thought him getting back with Anna was a good choice, and it was a very cute scene. Supposing of course, that is what followed. She seemed to like it XD

The episode was good but it wasn't some masterpiece ending.
Apr 1, 2011 2:26 PM

Jul 2009
The anime industry really needs more series like this...

For those wanting more of Hourou Musuko, I highly recommend reading the manga. :D
Apr 1, 2011 4:52 PM

Mar 2009
The series finished way too quickly but I really liked it.
Apr 1, 2011 7:33 PM

Nov 2008
I'm sad that this has ended :(

I totally liked this series as it feels refreshing and nostalgic. XDD Realistic in some way and depicts the school life of a growing kids. How nice :D

9/10 because there are only 11 episodes >:/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 2, 2011 1:58 AM

Aug 2010
Wow maybe I am too homophobic or something. I really didn't enjoy this series that much. :/
Apr 2, 2011 4:42 AM

Jan 2010
9/10 for me. I have to read the manga.
Apr 2, 2011 10:16 AM

Apr 2010
i honestly dont like how it ended..i am not satisfied..i want to see the story as it delve deeper..
Apr 2, 2011 11:02 AM

Jun 2008
What chapter should I start at in the manga? I'm too lazy to read it from the beginning.
Apr 2, 2011 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
I loved this series and I'm sad the changes for a sequel are slim.
Lovely animation, great character-development and a delicate subject that was handled with the right dose of humor and subtlety. 9/10
I'll definitely read the manga next.
Apr 2, 2011 1:30 PM

Sep 2009
Deathinteresse said:
maybe best show this year
too soon to judge.

Loved the series! Withing 11 episodes it was beautifully completed. The humor was great, good ending (yay with Anna!! :3) and visibly clear character development.
As the show is clearly not for all type of viewers hence it being lowly rated is understandable~ though its still frustrating.

8/10!

hirahira said:
What chapter should I start at in the manga?
could someone please answer this question.
ValentilnApr 2, 2011 2:12 PM
Apr 2, 2011 2:24 PM

Dec 2009
There have been times where this show almost bored me to tears and other times where i couldn't wait for the next episode.
Overall, it was pretty good.
Apr 2, 2011 2:48 PM

Sep 2010
I haven't read the manga but, I felt that it was kind of rushed. The ending is nice but it still left me hanging. Other than that, I enjoyed watching the series.

I really love Shu and Anna as a couple. Shu's confession to Anna is full is a very Kyaah~ moment. That's my favourite part of all.
Apr 2, 2011 7:23 PM

May 2010
I didn't like the ending one bit at all. It was basically, "Oh, haven't read the manga yet? GUESS YOU'D BETTER GET ON THAT, TROLOLOLOLOL!"

Yea, didn't like it.
I'm an assassin, Dad, not a crazed gunman. Well, the difference being one's a job and the other's mental sickness!
Apr 2, 2011 7:56 PM

Jul 2009
It's been long time i didn't gave my 9, but i finally realized that i:
Loves how Anna x Nitorin couple suddenly emerged
Loves the BGM
Loves the animation
Loves the feeling in it
Loves the OP and ED music
Loves Anna, she is pretty and her VA too

Overall i enjoyed this show 9/10
Apr 2, 2011 8:25 PM

Oct 2006
Linalee-Stratos said:

hirahira said:

Chapter one. Seriously, don't skip a single one.
Apr 2, 2011 9:05 PM

Feb 2008
niwasatou said:
Linalee-Stratos said:

hirahira said:

Chapter one. Seriously, don't skip a single one.

I was too late to answer this myself but if it helps convince anyone, I back up Niwasatou's suggestion 100%.
Apr 3, 2011 2:38 AM

Jul 2008
I am so unhappy with this adaptation. I should have known as soon as they skipped I don't know how many volumes. The anime just handled everything so shallowly. Ugh.

BEGINNER
Apr 3, 2011 7:54 AM

Apr 2010
The episode itself was a pretty good one ones again it was pretty nice to watch and i liked it how Nitorin stayed at his words at disliking Doi.
It was also nice to see that Anna ran into Nitorin and that Nitorin told her how he felt, and that Anna got her say.
It was also funny to see her get dragged there.

About this Anime it offers a unique view on society and the things it doesn't except and it did a pretty good job at that.
The message behind it is pretty clear and well explained.
The Anime overall could have been better tho several of the subjects that are handled i this Anime are hard to bring into a story so from that point of view they did a great job.
All in all it was a pretty nice Anime.
Apr 3, 2011 8:31 AM

Jan 2011
With only 11 episodes, the adaptation did a great job of highlighting some of the best parts of the manga and I'm was really impressed with the animation and art. If the show had more episodes it obviously would have been even better, but it did really great with what it had. Hourou Musuko was my favorite series of the season, right alongside Madoka Magica. (=
Apr 4, 2011 8:32 PM

Sep 2007
...No one? No one still supports NitorixTakatsuki? Hasn't that been the obvious pairing from the start...? I hate him with Anna... I can't imagine them actually lasting, if she'd break up with him over something like wearing a skirt to school. Unless he "grow out" of being a tranny (not how it works, guys!) which is what the ending implied very strongly.

Meh. Overall, I would have enjoyed this anime a lot more... if I hadn't read the manga. It really doesn't do it justice. Though, I do love the soundtrack and general style.

Still freaking hate Anna though.

there are really no other TrapxReverse Trap shippers here?
Apr 4, 2011 11:10 PM

Oct 2006
@MugiwaraSilver
I can't imagine Takatsuki and Shuu as a couple. They are great best friends, almost like soulmates, but I don't think crossing the border into the romantic would benefit either of them.
LunaDec 24, 2012 5:18 AM
Apr 6, 2011 1:57 AM

Aug 2009
I don't hate Anna. I didn't feel that was the person who was right for Nitori either but it was his first girlfriend. It's a coming of age story. It didn't have to be.

This is an excellent finale to what was easily the best anime of the season for me. This is the best anime I've seen in a good while, and it quite easily snuck its way into my top five. I just absolutely adored the characters, the visuals, the music... everything.

Well, everything except Nitori's voice actor. He botched a couple scenes, most notable being the crying in episode one, and his performance is really the only reason why I can't call this a perfect show.

Seriously though, damn. Amazing series.
Apr 7, 2011 5:16 AM

Mar 2007
I don't know, for some reason, the ending didn't satisfy me at all. This anime was great, but it left me with a very unfulfilled feeling.
Apr 7, 2011 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
Anybody know was the girl with a glasses that appear @13:55 ?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 7, 2011 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
One of my favorite series this season. Hourou Musuko makes me feel nostalgic, in some way I can’t get to describe. It’s rare to find a show with the thought-to-be-taboo sexuality theme, much less settled on a middle school and dealing with the coming of age with such a well-developed and lovable cast. It’s definitely a breath of fresh air.

In short, I feel oddly satisfied with the ending, even if it left me practically hanging.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Apr 12, 2011 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
hmmm

wasn't crazy about the ending

I was hoping he's pursue his dreams but he just kinda gives up. He's been telling us of his aspirations through the whole series and now at the last minute he just kinda gives up

I know it's supposed to be a coming of age story but what do we learn? To give up on our dreams? To conform?

Maybe I'm looking far too into it.
Forever Fornever
Apr 13, 2011 3:51 PM

Oct 2006
LordMoe said:
hmmm

wasn't crazy about the ending

I was hoping he's pursue his dreams but he just kinda gives up. He's been telling us of his aspirations through the whole series and now at the last minute he just kinda gives up

I know it's supposed to be a coming of age story but what do we learn? To give up on our dreams? To conform?

Maybe I'm looking far too into it.

Read the manga. It's different in that regard.
Apr 14, 2011 4:41 AM

Feb 2011
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-april-13-2011/toemageddon-2011---this-little-piggy-went-to-hell

this reminded me of Hourou Musuko so much. My god, what a world we live in.
Apr 17, 2011 2:08 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I wasn't quite satisfied with that ending but I still really enjoyed the show. 9/10

Off to read the manga~
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 25, 2011 1:31 PM

Jul 2007
Finally got round to finishing this. I wonder if I hadn't started reading the manga whether I would have really understood what was going half the time. It moved so fast and they skipped over quite a bit of the manga and for me that sort of ruined it. I also hated how in quite a few of the prologues they took fairly important moments and cut them down and took away the depth I had experienced when reading them manga.
Apr 27, 2011 12:42 PM

Sep 2010
Until what chapter did the anime covered the manga? Also, is the anime close to the manga, in terms of the story?
Apr 28, 2011 5:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Cross-dressing rules. People should celebrate cross-dressing Day or something....

A bit too confusing since they compressed so much....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 9, 2011 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
Ovindel said:
Until what chapter did the anime covered the manga? Also, is the anime close to the manga, in terms of the story?

It's pretty similar, I'd say. But if you're thinking of reading the manga, I'd say you just start at chapter one, because the anime picks up halfway through the manga series. Later events will be clearer for you if you read what happened at the beginning.
May 13, 2011 2:35 PM

Aug 2008
Aww I'll miss this. I love the animation style AIC is using plus Rie Fu's For You is simply gorgeous. :DD
Jun 4, 2011 4:12 PM
Sep 2010
The ending felt a bit tushed, but it was alright. This anime is different from other names that I have seen, but it was pretty interesting. It was surprisingly deep and made you think, but it also had some funny and cool moments. In general, wasn't that bad of an anime.
Uploader53
Jun 25, 2011 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
Was enjoyable, end wasn't the greatest though.
Jul 3, 2011 11:00 AM

Jul 2007
I'm still angry that they started in the middle of the manga. Everything else was pretty good though... I'd recommend it to the manga fans only.

I've always loved the characterization in this series. It feels extremely real. (I'd also recommend "The Kids are All Right" to fans of this series, it is a western film, but it has a very similar setting and characterizations. It has different themes though.)

I'll give the anime a 7/10, but I would recommend the manga to people who are new to the series.
Jan 5, 2012 7:29 AM

May 2009
What a lovely show! It talks about those difficult subjects yet it is so peaceful, so relaxing. The best part are the characters.
I need to read the manga. The ending was too... simple.

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Feb 5, 2012 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
Such wonderful story to tell and well presented. ( I love the art ) I support Crossdressing and I almost cried during this show!!
Mar 6, 2012 3:35 PM

Dec 2009
Finished wasting my time. I decided to watch this after reading some comments about it and I tried to watch to see if I could counter them. In the end, the anime is boring. The theme is kinda interesting and I admit I wanted to see how it was going to end, but... The ending was stupid.

4/10
Mar 12, 2012 3:48 AM
Nov 2011
Hmmm, pretty decent. 5/10.
Aug 2, 2012 7:02 PM

Nov 2011
Was a meh series for me.
Nov 19, 2012 3:04 PM

May 2012
Quite decent ending for this Anime, it was a weird subject but the creators did a good job doing the story development and just making a proper story! Even the end is rather open it's still a nice ending to have an all finish!

Good in general but what I really missed was a single kiss at least! But either way a nice watch 6/10
Nov 23, 2012 8:33 PM

Jul 2007
Blackbird said:
I am really like that Shu and Anna seem to be back together.

Anna x Shu

So are they suposed to be back after their talk by the gates?
May 11, 2013 4:46 PM

Oct 2011
After this, I definitely want to read the manga! I was really hoping for a glimpse into the future to see Nitori and Takatsuki as adults, but oh well. A pretty nice ending but it felt kind of like there should be more to come. I still really enjoyed the show and how it portrayed Nitori and Takatsuki, as well as the rest of the characters.
Jul 20, 2013 11:44 PM

Dec 2012
This was an interesting series with an equally interesting message. I feel like it wove the message of gender identity well, although I wish it had done more with the concept. This has definitely convinced me to read the manga sometime and then perhaps rewatch this after I finish it to develop a deeper appreciation for this series.

Overall I'll give it a 7/10. I really liked the art though, it was refreshing and easy on the eyes.
Aug 15, 2013 4:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The ending was nice, but that's about it. I mean I enjoyed it, and it's a very slice of life ending, yet it's quite obvious that the story doesn't really end there because of the manga. I think Doi has a crush on Nitori though :P And I liked the talk between Nitori and Anna, it was nice to have them talk it out. Although I finished this in like two days (or less than 24 hours), it felt like I've been with the characters for a long time. Probably because there was cultural festival episode just a few episodes back, and we've seen a year pass by in the anime. It was a very nice series and I will definitely read the manga now ^^
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Mar 10, 2011

61 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 17, 2011

56 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hannah_Ana - Jan 27, 2011

88 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

259 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 29, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 24, 2011

68 by Baskarite »»
Nov 5, 2023 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.