Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 5, 2013 7:48 AM

Nov 2012
nice final episode..
new byakushiki? :3
hmm..
fight scene is awesome..
and..
tabane suddenly dissapeared :OO
Dec 20, 2013 11:31 PM

Nov 2013
well they never explained why only women can use IS or what those unmanned bad guy IS's were doing. seems like a pretty lame end-of-season enemy. maybe this stuff gets explained in the second season.

since this is primarily a harem show after all, that aspect is the only good thing they got going for them. the characters' interactions and jealousy were pretty funny and its only redeeming quality. too many tsunderes, childhood friends, and transfer students!
Dec 23, 2013 2:50 AM

Jun 2012
Annoying/10
Dec 23, 2013 9:31 PM
Jul 2013
Very meh series over all. Not to mention
>Not picking the blonde with the sexy accent (/female trap)
Dec 25, 2013 12:50 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was actually quite a nice ending for this first season and I really wonder what kind of development in his Harem will take place in the next season so let's see what's next with first the ova and then the second season!

The overall story in this first season was quite nice, it sure had some lovely characters and development with each and everyone, some great fan service and a decent pace so all by all a decent anime!
Apr 7, 2014 3:55 PM

Jul 2011
It's pretty pathetic at how much people are complaining. If you are that serious about plot, you are obviously watching the wrong anime, especially if you've kept watching up til episode 12, you would have known a long time ago that plot is not the focus in IS, and I can't believe that people are actually bitching about that. As for the Hyouki ending, it was pretty much expected, most harems end up going the MC route or the Harem route and I don't see why there are so many people upset, it's like this in most Harems, don't know what you were expecting. Anyway, this gets a 7-8/10 straight up for the sweet animation and Charlotte <3 Not my favorite ending either and there were a ton of plot holes, but when you watch an anime in this genre, you really don't mind that too much and just watch it for enjoyment. I don't see how so many people can watch something for so long and just criticize it.
Apr 20, 2014 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
Great ending.Enjoyed a lot,thank god i have an OVA and the 2nd season to watch :D
So Houki's sister was behind it all.I wonder who was that girl with Ichika in his dream/conscinece,she looked like Kanade from Angel Beats xD but she is probably the conscience of his IS.Houki and Ichika almost kissed but....ahaha don't forget that you also have +4 lovely waifus :D

Oniikami said:
still a fan of char though. char forever!

Aahaha agreed dude :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 28, 2014 6:42 AM
Nov 2013
JustALEX said:
BTW....you gotta love this exchange:

Houki: You know Ichika, I'm from the opposite sex...

Ichika: Huh?? You are???, I guess that explains the Tits...

Ichika: Close your eyes Houki...

Houki: (Thinking) maybe he's going to kiss me.

Ichika: *Flicks forehead* He he he...I'm so cool...

WTF was this????

afterwards he tried to kiss her, but the others got in the way :P
May 10, 2014 12:15 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
After finishing this series, I just gotto say FANTASTIC ANIME !!! I LOVE INFINITE STRATOS <33333 Look me up Infinite Stratos fans :D
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 4, 2014 10:59 PM

Oct 2013
laura still calling okimura her wife, wth? was gonna be happy with that houki x okimura ending, but fucken cecilia comes in. go away.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 5, 2014 10:21 AM

Oct 2013
I don't think they didn't go with Houki ending, because they haven't kiss "yet", well they almost kissed but a bunch of bitches came and ruined everything :D, anyways the animations is great in some ways, and i have to say that i ship Ichika x Charlotte, Hanazawa Kana did such a great job voicing Charl.. now onto the next season.

Overallscore 7/10
Jun 23, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2012
First off, that random (probably a dream) place where Ichika was at the beginning reminded me of Soul Eater a lot. Peeps who have seen it will likely know what I mean when I say it's like that time Tsubaki fought her brother inside the sword.

At first I thought the White Knight was Chifuyu, but after this episode I'm starting to think maybe it's not, she and Tabane know who it is though that much is obvious.

For something that was apparently unmanned, the Gospel was showing off some pretty awesome moves, for a moment it seemed like this IS was crossing the line between technology and some sorta magic. It's Second Shift was pretty impressive until Ichika showed up and then it was mostly on the defensive till the end.

Byakushiki's second form, Setsuna? Very cool, although the only things I noticed different/new included the impressive change to the IS's physical appearance and the shield Ichika used to defend.

Hopefully the second season will provide some answers and explanations to the many questions that have cropped up over the past twelve episodes. Chifuyu and Tabane's talk near the end really only left me with more questions, and a new slight distrust for Tabane, but that's just because she's mysterious (haha).

Fanboy Rant >
Personally I'm still rooting for Char! I feel like they spotlight Houki way too much, just because she's his first childhood friend. If there is an ending, I'll be happy with Char or Laura, but after seeing how the way things ended this season, unfortunately (for me) Houki seems to be who their mainly focused on *sad face*

NSFM Sorta!

IS Season 1 - 8/10
Now I'm off to watch season 2!
Jun 24, 2014 7:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Not a great show, but it was ok. Lacked character development, but at least Charlotte saved the show. She's the best girl in IS.

Ichika finally wins a battle. Well it took him 12 eps.

Jul 7, 2014 5:51 AM

May 2014
The battle was cool.

We find out that Ichika is not that special. Tabane set everything so that he can go in the IS Academy and then she made a special IS for him.

And in the end Houki wins. Good for her. She is really nice though I prefer Char.

It was a nice series. :D
Jul 28, 2014 12:04 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't really pay attention to what was going on since I was daydreaming of myself being superman and easily taking that thing out. Ending was ruined also. The kiss should have just happened.
Sep 29, 2014 10:20 AM
May 2013
JustALEX said:
WHAT A WASTE OF GOOD ANIMATION....

Ikaros_Fan said:
this anime was complete shit, imo! only thing's likable was charlotte and some of the mech designs.....overall shitty typical harem

3/10
My thoughts exactly .
Only if Ichika was a typical ecchi MC(a pervert) I would've enjoyed this .
Oct 5, 2014 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
Mwah not a great show. Lame ending and Houki is really annoying.

5/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 17, 2014 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
Fantastic season! I love it! In the end when they will kissing the others girls suddenly appeared and ruined they loving time...
It's 10/10 ;) :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 19, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
Well at least the second half was somewhat entertaining. All the girls except for Charl were shit and the MC was as dense as people say he is. Not sure if I should watch the second season. If it's more entertaining, count me in.
Dec 22, 2014 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
Tabae was the one who casused all those missles to fire at Japan? Also the one to make it look like Ichika was able to use a IS? She's smart. I wonder what she's thinking. What makes her tick?

Was Ichika going for a kiss in the end there? Damn it. No! It should be CharlotteXIchika but this is a harem so no one will win. Maybe Houki since sh'e the childhood friend.

Onto the OVA then season 2!
Jan 24, 2015 4:09 AM

Dec 2012
This actually turned out to be plenty of fun. It was pretty much textbook harem but the girls were all so fantastic and the battles were awesome. The final battle in particular was exciting to watch. I usually hate when kisses are interrupted, but that one was pretty funny when Ichika's head bumps into the IS gun.

Ichika's density was a world record in all of the harems I've seen but it felt more like it was done for comedic purposes to exaggerate just how tough of a time these girls have trying to win him over. Again the girls made up a solid cast and each of them had quirks that made for golden moments. I'll definitely have to get to IS:2 sometime, which I hear nothing but terrible things about.

7/10
Feb 9, 2015 6:55 AM
Jul 2011
I Love this Episode But The Pilot of The Silver Gospel Still An Mystery So I Super Hope that Natasha Fairs Is Going To Show Up In Season 3 Of Infinite Stratos.
Mar 15, 2015 4:38 AM
Sep 2014
Classic harem anime. Nothing special. Guy has bunch of girls around him and he doesnt notice anything, childhood friend, random, at first annoying chick falls in love with him, then loli girl which in this case turns out not to be loli ( best choice imo) and badass, enemy who want to kill MC after one even switch sides and fall deeply in love with him. MC surprisingly chose his childhood friend as a GF, surprise surprise.
But, it is entertaining show.
May 17, 2015 6:28 PM
Jan 2015
Lovely anime, can say that is highly entertaining, very well animated and the girls are really pretty.

I was with low expectations and IS already has a place in my heart (i'm a harem/ecchi fan, i only watch that).
Jul 9, 2015 9:10 AM

Jul 2014
Well, this show wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was still blah.

Rating for the episode: 3/5

Rating for the show: 4/10

Also, 100th completed anime. Whoo.
Aug 19, 2015 10:25 PM

Mar 2012
Generic of the generic..

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 1, 2015 4:24 AM

Oct 2010
That ass pull recovery. I don't really mind harems as long as there are good scenes and good character interaction. But the dialogue is just idiotic most of the time in this show. Dramatic scenes and explanation scenes are weak. The show doesn't do much to draw you into the world.

However, few of the scenes with Charlotte made it entertaining and battle sequences are nicely done. Shame that they didn't went more into the IS origins and showed us a bit of more custom/modified ones. Character designs were nice, I honestly like all of the looks of main girls. I also stared to like Cecile for some reason. But everything else, was annoying to watch. I can say it's one of those harem shows that I didn't like but something drew me in to finish it.
CrimruiNov 1, 2015 9:35 AM
May 13, 2016 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
Nakama power saves the day again... ¬¬

At least Ichika finally made a move and tried to kiss Houki, so it's a good ending among the harem genre, where MCs taking a decision are a rarity.

Yandere Rin and Cecilia... lol
May 25, 2016 10:05 AM

Dec 2015
what a stupid final episode, they couldn't even defeat the main villain, it barely qualifies for 1/10 tsk!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 14, 2016 3:49 PM

Mar 2015
That was incredibly underwhelming.. But I'll watch the next season nonetheless.

It had its nice moments, and Kana Hanazawa.

7/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 27, 2016 11:38 PM

Sep 2015
Tabane setted everything up, she is one smart asf chick.

Aww the interruption between Houki's and Ichika's kiss. At least we kinda know that they like each other. That princess hold at the end tho :3
Apr 23, 2017 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
Surprisingly a lot more enjoyable than I remembered watching a long while ago. Overall a very enjoyable harem anime with a very nice paced satisfying ending. The last fight scene was pretty damn cool and it's nice that the battles rely a lot on teamwork rather than just the mc going lone wolf and being extremely op wrecking everything. MC wasn't as bad as people made him be. He may be dense about the girls around him but he's not that dense and I honestly think those dumb moments of his adds to the comedy and enjoyment for me. 8/10 for me.
May 7, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2013
"Generic" is probably the best term for this. As I said after episode 11, Charlotte was the only good thing about this. 2/10
Feb 22, 2018 7:11 AM

Jun 2017
5/10 for the overall rating of this anime from me...It sucked bad way bad..The cgi was lacklusture ,had no proper plot progression,even the harem route was pretty boring..
Feb 17, 2019 12:07 PM

Jul 2008
That was a lackluster final battle, no real plot throughout the whole show. One of the worst male leads I can remember because he's so freaking clueless, and even worse are the harem that would fall for said guy.

Ugh, 2/10. Into the gutter with you.
Sep 10, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2016
Poorly written story, horrible CGI, mediocre characters and a stupid MC, trashy harem and of course bad fan service. Overall a bad anime
Final score 5/10
Is enough for me. I won't watch the sequels

Apr 25, 2020 5:01 AM

Aug 2019
Liked this episode but it's a generic harem anime
Aug 9, 2022 8:42 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, Tabane masterminded this entire incident? That was super risky. However, I'm sure she could've shut that thing down if things went out of control I guess. She's a genius after all.

Ichika should've admitted his mistake. It was his fault they failed the first time. Trying to protect poachers was a horrible decision. Also, they weren't even in danger until he positioned his mech right above them.

Aw man, cock blocked in the end! So, Houki is the #1 waifu all along. Ichika was so eager to kiss her.

Good show overall. The final battle looked cool. 7/10
Sep 5, 2022 3:53 PM
May 2019
10/10 from me. Absolutely loved this. Now time for season 2!
Oct 8, 2022 7:47 AM

May 2018
Still kind of funny how everyone started liking him after defeating them in a match. Can't say I like this series that much, but I do want to know why Houki's sister decided to hack and launch missiles though.

Mar 29, 2023 1:27 PM
Mar 2023
mid of the road harem anime
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM
Apr 2023
WOW IS AMAZING SUPER ANIME

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.