Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 11, 2011 8:31 PM

Dec 2010
Al_Gore said:
Well then you might like Seitokai Yakuindomo, since they quite literally talk about sex. (though there's no action or anything.)

It's also got my favorite Yuu Kobayashi. Usually reverse trap voices.
Oh and Chiaki Omigawa.
Jul 11, 2011 8:39 PM

Jun 2011
notsureifsrs said:
Well then you might like Seitokai Yakuindomo, since they quite literally talk about sex. (though there's no action or anything.)

It's also got my favorite Yuu Kobayashi. Usually reverse trap voices.
Oh and Chiaki Omigawa.

just read the summary on MAL.

my body is ready
Jul 17, 2011 9:40 PM

Oct 2009
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Worst.

If they made the show revolve around random moments of Charlotte I would have enjoyed it so much more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2011 10:05 AM

May 2007
WildKaiser said:

Also ITT, I just looove how a lot of people are stating their opinions as facts. "Worst anime EVER!" "Holy shit this season is seriously full of shit!" You hated the show. Watched all the way till the final episode, then stated it was shit. Hahaha it's FREAKING RIDICULOUS!

Is it so hard to DROP an anime!? Heck I hated Qwaser so I dropped it. Did I go to the forums to whine like a bitch about every episode I watched? Hell no. In the end, you guys are the joke.

Some people here seem to watch all the episodes with the sole purpose of bashing the whole shows afterwards. What is the logic of doing such pointless things is what I ask myself everytime I see such ludicrous comments.
And it's amusing to see how vocal people around here are, and even more to know that none of their opinions are worth a cent. Infinite Stratos sold so much that is one of the best selling anime of all time. People can complain and flame this anime all they want, but nothing is gonna change that this anime was a huge best seller that will forever be remembered as one of the most successful franchises in the history of Japanese animation.
Aug 6, 2011 6:15 PM

Jan 2010
Houki ending?! I knew that it would probably Houki (despite my discontent), but Ichika I am disappoint -_-

This series was okay 6/10
Aug 9, 2011 8:33 PM
Jul 2011
LOL, another harem finished... damm that was fun :p
Aug 17, 2011 8:23 PM

Feb 2011
Series felt tacked together, rushed and weird at times, especially towards the end, however fun feel to it and some likeable characters so I didnt score it really low. Shame their kiss was interrupted.

The progression from oh its a boy to I love him felt rather quick for some of the characters and odd compared to other harem series (Namely Laura and Cecilia). Houki's tsun attitude seemed misplaced at times to the extent that I was thinking 'come now, your just being a b*&%h'. Cecilia reminded me of drill from Ladies vs butlers, similar character I guess.

Left wondering what big sisters plans for the world, her little sister and how back she has manipulated things.

I dont know if it was a bad translation but wondering about leads blank, forgotten past. Was the girl with white hair a personification of his suit? and was the white knight a personification of the second release of his suit? Id say at least one was because it was the same for Laura when she went all nuts.
Aug 22, 2011 10:05 AM

Aug 2008
I only watched this because apparently it was popular.
The only thing this anime did well in was the beautiful sky/scenery. The rest was kind of mediocre. :(
Sep 5, 2011 10:48 PM

Nov 2007
doushite?? i read some of the comments and there are a lot who don't like houki?
as for me, i like her for Ichika.. :DD

But overall, i don't like anyone of those main girls. Tsk.
I love Orimura, Chifuyu (esp. in her swimSuit. kyaaaa) and Shinono, Tabane (the genius who planned everything.. waaaaa!)

I expected that the ending will be ichikahouki.. But I started to doubt because she seems like a supporting character in most of the episodes.. She almost never appear..
But anyway, Im still happy..

I didn't like this anime much though I expected a lot because the animation is great and the characters are all nice.. tsk. too bad!
7/10 for ichikaHouki! :DD
Sep 27, 2011 5:04 PM

Mar 2011
Well I thought that was a fun ride!

Hardy hardy har!

By the way, I'd butter Cecelia's muffins any day!
Nov 13, 2011 3:55 PM

Sep 2008
I think the point of this anime was to make a statement:

It takes (Japan x 2) + France + Britain + China + Russia to beat America + Israel
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2011 3:14 AM

May 2009
NeoFireHawk said:

Some people here seem to watch all the episodes with the sole purpose of bashing the whole shows afterwards. What is the logic of doing such pointless things is what I ask myself everytime I see such ludicrous comments.
And it's amusing to see how vocal people around here are, and even more to know that none of their opinions are worth a cent. Infinite Stratos sold so much that is one of the best selling anime of all time. People can complain and flame this anime all they want, but nothing is gonna change that this anime was a huge best seller that will forever be remembered as one of the most successful franchises in the history of Japanese animation.

Yes, why having an opinion about something when you can just follow everyone else? This anime sold like hotcakes, therefore it must be good and the complainers are objectively wrong.

Get out of the internet and never come back, please.
Dec 9, 2011 10:57 AM

Nov 2011
How does a 4th generation IS and like 5 other 2nd + generation IS have such a hard to taking down 1 unmaned IS that isn't 4th generation +? =O.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 17, 2011 8:07 AM

Jan 2011
one of the worst series that i was able to complete

however i must admit there is something attractive about this show, which made me finish the bluray since dropping it after the aired eps 1
Jan 26, 2012 5:10 AM

Dec 2011
I'm a Charlotte fan and I was hoping Ichika ends up with her T.T Nice episode but the fight was a little too rush...
I was hoping If Charlotte din't win the other heroines,Ichika doesn't choose the others, cause Charlotte was simply too hot. Of course with the fan service and the change of sex in the middle of the storyline xD(Not literally GENDER CHANGE... Yeah u know what I'm talking about ;) )

I give the episode a decent 4/5 and the overall a perfect 10/10 but - 1 point which makes it 9/10 as I was hoping there would be a longer season...(24 eps instead of 12?)

I REALLY REALLY loved IS! I hope there would be a second season, and the series keeps continuing! :D
uhh...
Jan 30, 2012 10:25 PM
Sep 2010
5/10. Like HotD, it had a lot of potential but was ruined by being a ecchi/harem anime.
Mar 12, 2012 12:03 PM
Feb 2012
There's a certain line to symbolize the obliviousness of a male character when it comes to romance. Well, the MC of this show did not only cross that line but rather threw it on a table and humped it all night long. I can't count the moments in which I wanted to smack some sense into him.
And then dare to choose Houki when Charlotte is so much more awesome? Ugh, so much rage towards the MC.

The IS parts saved this show from a way lower rating than it actually received from me.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 15, 2012 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
Expecting season 2 in the future but overall, great series.
Apr 20, 2012 3:12 AM

Aug 2011
3.5/5 for this episode.
Do love that it re-emphasize that Houki is the main girl as the anime started and ended(presence) with her.
---------
Overall

Ichika is indeed really dense.

I think the story did an ok-good job on Houki.There's development in her character, yet there is still potential for her to develop even more. Not the most interesting girl but likeable and has the presence of the main girl. I will definitely prefer her to end up with Ichika more than any other girls.

Not much development for Cecilla and Rin which is quite a waste. Since the 2 of them are the 2nd and 3rd girl aka the only girls that has the biggest chance to win. There will still be space left for more story if these two characters are more developed. The other 2 are more interesting, but the story should have developed them more instead of the other 2(or 1, namely Charlotte).

Charlotte and Laura <3
My 2 favourite characters of the show. I will prefer IchikaxCharlotte ending if it isn't IchikaXHouki ending. I ship(friendship) CharlotteXLaura. If only Laura appeared earlier, as she is CUTE!

6.5/10 , round up to 7/10
Not a good show, but at least I manage to finish watching all the episodes that I failed to do it for a lot other shows.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Apr 25, 2012 8:33 PM
Jun 2011
Officially the manga series hasn't ended yet, but I still wish people would stop complaining about the fact that he wound up with Houki at the end of the anime.
We are merely bystanders and have no right to judge that which we didn't create ourselves.
To put it in perspective: there are 5 girls in the main cast.
If Ichika got paired with any of the 5 it'd make for a terrible ending in the eyes of the 4 other factions.
I've never seen one show create so much strife in the anime community.

I just wish people could learn to man up and go with the flow.
Until ya all do, my motto for this show will remain:
"Infinite Stratos: Mechs fight, Fans hate."
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Apr 25, 2012 8:34 PM
Jun 2011
MALz_Otaku said:
Sigh this show was just horrible.

All i wanna know is what happen to Houki sis was houki sis behind it all?

I couldn't tell you. I haven't read the LNs...though I'm thinking I should to get more educated and be an example to my companions.

I'll get on that now.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
May 31, 2012 2:16 AM
Nov 2007
Wish I could give this show a 0/10
Jun 2, 2012 9:22 AM

Jun 2011
That's some awesome sister right there. Doing all that.

Okay, wtf were with those things in Ichika's mind? It kinda looked like Houki and Laura, but I don't think it was. Were they the spirits of the IS?

Yeah, it was obvious Chifuyu was the White Knight. Pretty damn obvious in fact.

And finally, first girl wins, except not really. Will they kiss? Nope. But I went "Awww!" anyway.
number1mongrelJun 2, 2012 9:57 AM
Aug 3, 2012 1:24 PM

Mar 2012
Through out the anime its a 9/10 for me ^.^ but im a bit disappointed because lots of things are not explained well... This anime should hav 26 episode than it would be great~

Anyway another good anime :)
Aug 13, 2012 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
It was a fun anime, and i hope there will be a seccond season IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they put in a powerfull story line (hoping for a little bit gundam styled story, but with the classical harem goin on)

but for the rating 7/10 IF the seccond season will bring in a strong story line
Nov 17, 2012 3:55 AM

Sep 2012
meh a decent show, wanted a charlotte and ichaki ending :/
Dec 31, 2012 12:37 PM
Aug 2012
Well, the last 2 episodes were awful, but I enjoyed it up until then. Can't decide whether to give it a 6 or 7.
Jan 8, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2009
4/10 no story development at all.
Jan 31, 2013 1:48 PM

Apr 2012
It feels like they left a lot of stuff out of the story. Nice animation in the battle scenes and the character designs are cute, but there is a lot of wasted promise. At least he chooses a girl instead of the typical harem cop out.
Apr 29, 2013 1:47 AM
Apr 2013
I thought Infinite Stratos wasn't bad. It's actually one of my favorite anime now. :D
Glad there's going to be a season 2 for it. But, the Houki ending didn't bother me too much. And even though there was just a bunch of random stuff each episode, they did a pretty good job of explaining everything and the sad backstories of the girls.:( Also, in episode 12, HOUKI'S SISTER SET THAT BERSERK "IS" LOOSE JUST TO SET UP A FIGHT FOR HOUKI? o-o. AND WHY DID CECILIA HAVE TO RUIN THAT KISS. DAMN IT.
AsphyxiateMeApr 29, 2013 4:06 PM
May 3, 2013 9:03 AM

May 2013
Houki is my favourite character, so I had no problem with the ending. I also liked Cecilia's laugh at the end.
I look forward to season 2.

I give this a 8/10. :)
May 8, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2012
This show was so good but episode 11 and 12 dragged it downhill.
Jun 1, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
I really did have to force myself to watch from epi 6 and up. I'm glad I finished it but it doesn't really feel like anything happened...at all. What did they accomplish during the series? Nothing except Houki getting a personal IS (and the new characters being introduced). I'll give this an 8/10 but I'll happily watch S2 of this whenever it premiers. Onto the OVA at some point.
Jun 1, 2013 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
The internal dialogue with Byakushiki and White Knight was too drawn out and detracted from what could have been a great mecha fight. Altogether it was a very unsatisfying finale.

I was honestly enjoying IS until episodes 11 & 12 started, so I'll pretend they didn't happen and resign myself to read the LNs over the summer. I am also not a fan of anime adaptations altering the original content for any reason, which after doing some research is what happened in regards to the Gospel.

Houki ending makes me want to vomit. She is nowhere close to being the best girl.

Charlotte > Laura >>>> Houki = Cecillia = Rin

Char and Laura were the saving grace of this series and with any luck they will get ample screen time, along with Ran, when season two begins. I'll check out the OVA tomorrow and hopefully wash away the bad taste left by this subpar ending.

Season 1 Finale: 4-5/10 (Houki ending is fail)
Season 1 Overall: 7-8/10 (Charlotte and Laura ftw)
Phoenix6000Jun 1, 2013 3:46 PM
Jun 23, 2013 8:18 AM
May 2013
There were redeeming qualities throughout the series, but those last two episodes really took a nosedive.
The ending scene wasn't bad per-say, but the fight before that was underwhelming.

As people said earlier, the animation of this show was wasted on a crappy script/plot. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the source material and if the anime was doomed from inception.

Even with low expectations, I really thought this series could go somewhere, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the humorous parts and most of the characters' quirks, but the male lead was just so useless and dense...

In total I gave it a 6/10, it felt like it was a dog chasing its own tail, making little progress and starting to repeat itself... maybe I'm being too harsh.
Jun 25, 2013 1:12 PM

May 2013
That Unmaned IS was Over Powered Maybe they should just replace all the maned IS 6v1 and still they almost Die
Jun 25, 2013 5:28 PM

Jun 2013
7/10 only because i love laura
Jun 27, 2013 9:16 AM

Jun 2012
Best girl never wins :c

9/10 Cant wait for the second season.
Jul 21, 2013 3:48 AM

May 2013
Dat Deus Ex Machina. Oh look Byakushiki can heal wounds and lets top that of with an upgraded form!

Ah well, the redeeming factor is that Gospel looks pretty awesome with those silver wings.

Have the series a 6/10, pretty mediocre for me.
Jul 23, 2013 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
houki ending <3
YAY for houki :D

The fight was ok. Still don't get why Byashushiki has only 400 shield and it runs out SOO quickly...
Also, his second form only gave him a shield....

Houki's sister made it so houki could become a star :D

Love the ending but why did cecilla have to ruin it :(
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Jul 29, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
Houki's sister was definitely behind the whole thing. I thought that much was obvious, but I guess people are still confused? Also, I'm assuming the white-haired girl is the 'soul' or 'spirit' of Byakushiki.

Anyway, the final battle was rather disappointing. Not to say that I had a lot of expectations for it (because I really didn't) but even then, it was just below average. The final scene with Ichika and Houki was heartwarming though, I guess. ^^;
Aug 4, 2013 12:08 PM
Mar 2013
I'm a fan of Charlotte. I won't forgive Ichika for going to Houki route!

And I'm late in the game again. Finally finished this series.

I would give 5.5/10. The anime was poorly executed. The ending was bad.
Aug 7, 2013 12:37 AM

Jun 2012
Is it just me or is the Byakushiki's energy/shield strength absolutely pathetic compared to the other mechs?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Aug 7, 2013 10:01 AM

May 2013
That fucking cockblock haha, man I was looking forward to that kiss too. When is Ichika going to kiss Charl or Houki...Looking forward to the second season, loved the first season, since it was a harem, had a new setting, and was the first mecha anime I watched, so I'll give it a 9. Pretty disappointed how quickly I flew through the 12 episodes though ):
TomangoAug 7, 2013 10:08 AM
Sep 17, 2013 2:33 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty good anime, certainly could've been better but I enjoyed it immensly
Sep 22, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
No kiss scene.
7/10
Sep 23, 2013 1:05 AM
Sep 2013
so...only laura manage to kiss orimura...
Oct 1, 2013 6:55 AM

Jun 2011
They could have explored so many interesting questions that arise simply from the premise of women being the only ones capable of piloting an IS. Disappointing to see it end like this.
Oct 3, 2013 11:46 PM

Apr 2011
great show, alot of funny moments, enjoyed every episode, loved the last scene where he was going to kiss houki and a gun pops into his face haha.
Oct 4, 2013 9:09 AM

May 2013
why hyouki ending? dam this japanese author FICK THEM

Charlotte best girl, i was going to give it a 6 but because of charlotte i will give it a 7/10
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.