Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2011 10:38 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beautiful ending, It was not a perfect ending in my book but it was alright I guess :D I hope there will be a season 2 after this, tho i don't really think so :D It was really werid seeing phyrne crazy like nessa at the end but it was really cute :D

Overall: 8/10
Plot: 8/10
Character 8/10
Art: 8/10
Music 10/10

i will not funi's blu-ray release of this, it had too much potential but then failed.

ariamachiSep 25, 2011 12:00 PM
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Mar 31, 2011 11:30 AM
Oct 2007
Loved that Phryne
Mar 31, 2011 12:45 PM
Apr 2009
Alright now time for season 2.

In a world torn asunder by chaosr, a young boy discovers an ancient system that may lead to the salvation of this world. It is called fractale, yet little does he know of what this system will cost him. In this journey into the past he will need to find the answer to one question, how high is the price of peace?
Mar 31, 2011 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
zeroryoko1974 said:
Loved that Phryne

Yeah, that was rather crazy.

This show just ended up being "okay" for me. There wasn't anything necessarily bad about it (except for the never-ending pervert jokes) but it felt like the show had a lot of potential that wasn't really developed over its episode length. I still have a lot of questions about the Key and Fractale itself as well as this God person that were never answered. However, it was still a nice watch and the scenery changes (real world versus Fractale constructed city) were interesting.

8/10
Mar 31, 2011 1:12 PM

Dec 2008
Now that was a great ending!
I can't believe that this "god" was a little girl and Nessa was a stuffed toy!
I am SO happy that Nessa came back in Phyrne's body. Clain and Nessa can live happily ever after...9/10
Mar 31, 2011 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
Confused, what did 'god' do? I assume I missed something, but was there an explanation or any hints given as to what 'god' had to do with the Fractale system, and why she needed to be brought back?
Pants are subjective.
Mar 31, 2011 1:38 PM

Jun 2009
I'm a little bit disappointed. I kind of felt like the plot wasn't really resolved in the end. Phryne, and nessa's issues were, but the entire fight over Fractale went nowhere, and some characters seemed really pointless (Dias). Istarted the show at 8, and will be concluding on 6. Neat story. Lovable characters. Pretty awful delivery.

I also wondered about God's purpose. It seemed like there should have been more changes to the world.
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Mar 31, 2011 1:43 PM

Jan 2008
Lackluster ending despite good start of the series. Same as poster above, started out with 8 and ended with 6. Good visuals and sound can't hide uninspired direction. Sometimes the plot was barely holding together and lack of fluidity could be clearly seen. Disappointment.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Mar 31, 2011 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
Started out an 8 and ended being a 7. A decent watch all around, but it lacked something. This would have been a lot better if it had more episodes to flesh things out. The world of Fractale feels very incomplete to me. I don't mean the story so much as the "world" itself.

Anyways, the music and the art were the highlights of this show to me. (I don't think anyone is going to forget their first reaction to this show)

And I seriously need to find Fractale's full ED in Japanese. I can find the full ED in English, and I can find the full OP, but no Japanese version. The closest I have come is:

Oh yeah, Phryne's "father" didn't die in a sufficient way. The idea of him dying under that rubble a few episodes back was much better. I'm glad Phryne was the one to give him a knife to the gut, though.
Mar 31, 2011 2:45 PM

Feb 2008
She didn't even like him and he got stabbed.

Phryne and Nessa become one so both are pretty much the same.

Phryne Body and Nessa personality = ONE

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 31, 2011 3:04 PM

Jan 2008
zeroryoko1974 said:
Loved that Phryne

...except there was no "deredere", just "yanderu" and/or "yangire".

It really made me rage the way he went. I would have liked him get stabbed more and bleed to death in pain. And what the hell was with Clain not using his gun? it was little more than a water pistol in his hands...the idiot didn't even try shooting the wall. Even if it was bullet-proof or just glass, I would have at least tried taking a shot at it. He was useless as a protagonist.
Estoy_GordoMar 31, 2011 3:22 PM
Mar 31, 2011 3:50 PM

Sep 2009
Aw that ending made me smile ;)
What happened to Sunda? He was my favorite D:
Mar 31, 2011 3:57 PM

May 2010
I didn't really understand most of this last episode...

The very ending was sweet, though. Not the best anime ever made, certainly, but it was a fun little fling.
Mar 31, 2011 4:45 PM

Sep 2010
So that's an anime original ending?
Mar 31, 2011 4:56 PM
Feb 2010
The ending was beautiful. I loved the dome full of flowers. That scene gave me a Big Fish feeling. I liked seeing the original Phyrne of the past and when she woke up and had Nessa's voice.

Did anyone notice that insane-ish look she had on her face when she was sitting up in bed though or was that just me?

9/10 for me.
Mar 31, 2011 5:21 PM
Mar 2009
this episode made me smile. this is definitely the best animes of the season and just brilliant as a whole. one of the best written series in a very long time.
Mar 31, 2011 5:39 PM
Mar 2011
I...I don't even know where to start. I'm glad that the ending was happy, and it ended the way I figured (with fractale rebooting, but with the catch that humans would have a choice, or that it couldn't re-re-boot) but....what?

What the heck is "God"? I don't even.... They modeled Fractale on a 16 year old girl? What does that even mean? It doesn't make any sense. How do you model a computer on a girl? Is it a biocomputer? That never comes up at any point... and at that point, I'm pretty much inserting my own fiction into the story where it doesn't exist.

Let me just... make a list of inconsistancies and oddities:

- Alabaster invaded with ground troops, when they have a huge cannon and a ton of missiles they could have used instead. For what purpose? They clearly used their weapons, because the temple was destroyed.
- Her "father" said that he was able to figure out the secret of the "key", but that he understood why his predecessors couldn't. What does that mean? There is absolutely no explanation for that. Did he find "ye shall abuse Phryne" in that book? Ugg.
- The temple is destroyed, and Clain, Nessa, and Phryne are out in space (taken up by a space elevator). How the hell do they get back to earth?

I'm just going to stop the inconsistencies list there, because my head is starting to hurt.

Other than the three things above, I'm still wondering what happened to Clain's family. His parents are never shown again (his father is understandable because he's out of Fractale's range, but where is his mother? They show the family dog...).

Oh well, at least they gave us a happy ending, and at least Phryne didn't get raped in some sort of ceremony (though we're now 100% certain she was abused, if not through rape, alongside the original Phryne). Actually, thinking about it, other things in previous episodes don't make sense. What the heck was her "father" and those doctors checking on the ship in one of the episodes? The table she was on had stirrups, and his line of "you know what we are checking" made an obvious inference to checking to see if she was still a virgin. That never comes up in the final episode though so.... I don't even care anymore. It's like two different studios made Fractale, and only made a cursory effort to share notes. Combined with Nessa, all of the pain/torment/etc is gone anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

With no chance of a sequel (the ratings were in the toilet) I guess the ending was as good as I could have hoped for. Solid 8/10 from me overall, with the first half of the series weighted closer toward 10, and the second half (after the logic of the series went to hell) closer to a 7. If the novels ever get translated, I hope they make more sense.
Char0079Mar 31, 2011 5:44 PM
Mar 31, 2011 5:44 PM
Oct 2009
Was that one guy who was building the radio tower really Clain's father?

And who was it that woke up in Clain's bed? Was it Nessa or Phryne? He said both names. I know they are supposed to be one but who is it? Is it Phryne or Nessa?

Also, she said she liked him since they first met. Since Nessa first met him or since Phryne first met him?
Mar 31, 2011 5:49 PM
Mar 2011
Intrigued1525 said:

And who was it that woke up in Clain's bed? Was it Nessa or Phryne? He said both names. I know they are supposed to be one but who is it? Is it Phryne or Nessa?

Also, she said she liked him since they first met. Since Nessa first met him or since Phryne first met him?

That was his father, yeah. Which makes no sense since we see his fathers doppel (meaning he is in range of Fractale) in the first episode, and the man on the hill has a house with an antenna that seems to have taken quite a while to build. Just one more gaping plot hole to throw on the pile.

That is Phryne, combined with Nessa. Or, to put it in more understandable terms, that is Phryne without the burden of her past trauma's (Nessa representing the data of the original Phryne, who was happy despite her circumstances). So yeah, in a nutshell, it's Phryne, except she's a happier version.
Mar 31, 2011 5:54 PM
Oct 2009
Char0079 said:
Intrigued1525 said:

That was his father, yeah. Which makes no sense since we see his fathers doppel (meaning he is in range of Fractale) in the first episode, and the man on the hill has a house with an antenna that seems to have taken quite a while to build. Just one more gaping plot hole to throw on the pile.

That is Phryne, combined with Nessa. Or, to put it in more understandable terms, that is Phryne without the burden of her past trauma's (Nessa representing the data of the original Phryne, who was happy despite her circumstances). So yeah, in a nutshell, it's Phryne, except she's a happier version.

Good! I was rooting for a Phryne ending over a Nessa one. But I would have liked if all three were there.
Mar 31, 2011 6:03 PM

Jun 2010
hmm interesting ending but I liked it even with some of its noticeable flaws =o
Mar 31, 2011 9:11 PM

Feb 2010
I flawed ending that felt somewhat rushed/forced... but a great series overall. I enjoyed most of the story telling... the original premise... the animation... the characters...etc.

Overall a positive experience.

7/10.
MusashiRoseSep 17, 2011 10:04 AM
Mar 31, 2011 9:29 PM
Apr 2010
.... Ok, that was a good ending, but come on... it seriously took about a good 2 mins only to explain Fractale, Phryne and Nessa? That's a bit too small of a time slot... overall though, great action. 8/10 for the series.
Mar 31, 2011 9:44 PM
Apr 2010
I'm also a bit disappointed that phryne chose to restart fractale instead of letting it crash, so EVERYONE can become real humans again. =/
Mar 31, 2011 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
Intrigued1525 said:

Well im definitely sure that she is Phryne+Nessa= Original Phryne [God]..
When she woke up, Clain thought that she is Nessa because of her cheerful attitude.
This made Clain kinda sad..

But when Phryne said "I like you too" (her reply on Clain's cofession back on the space elevator).. Clain cried and realize that she is still Phryne (but with Nessa's personality)
And there, we got a happy ending :)

NekomanMar 31, 2011 10:06 PM
Mar 31, 2011 9:59 PM

May 2007
That was actually a bit disappointing for me, I expected a better ending, I liked the epilogue and how it sort of tore out Clain's heart and then sewed it back together.

7/10
A slight disappointment.
My anime list
Mar 31, 2011 10:27 PM

Mar 2010
that was a pretty good happy ending especially with the ending combined with the song

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 31, 2011 11:58 PM

Mar 2010
So... basically... almost nothing changed? Except of course the random people who died.
Kids still living alone away from parents/family and living in buildings that don't necessarily exist technically. Oh, and being slaves to a virtual reality system unaware that their god was just a human from several hundred years ago. Not wanting to further their own culture and lives. So yeah... everyone's still a bunch of slaves to virtual reality pretty much. Except for some LM factions I guess probably.

I expected a better ending honestly. It was nice to see Phyrune wake up though I guess.
Mar 31, 2011 11:59 PM

Jan 2009
that is a nice ending *sniffs* i like it
Mar 31, 2011 11:59 PM

Sep 2008
Way to make the series worse by making a Phryne a camwhore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2011 12:22 AM
Mar 2010
The ending was likable but wasn't great, although I loved that the Fractal system is based on an ordinary girl. Giving it a 9/10 because I loved the setting, which is very important to me. (Another reason why I love To aru Majutsu no Index franchise)
Apr 1, 2011 1:03 AM

Apr 2009
MoonFox said:
So... basically... almost nothing changed? Except of course the random people who died.
Kids still living alone away from parents/family and living in buildings that don't necessarily exist technically. Oh, and being slaves to a virtual reality system unaware that their god was just a human from several hundred years ago. Not wanting to further their own culture and lives. So yeah... everyone's still a bunch of slaves to virtual reality pretty much. Except for some LM factions I guess probably.

I expected a better ending honestly. It was nice to see Phyrune wake up though I guess.

Old man said Temple destroyed so the Fractale wont be restarted again. Dunno when will system down but then people will be free. For now, yes they are still slaves.

Sunda and Dias died :/

7/10
Apr 1, 2011 2:16 AM

Feb 2010
like the ending^^ 8/10 for the entire show.
Apr 1, 2011 2:34 AM

Jan 2011
Char0079 said:
...They modeled Fractale on a 16 year old girl? What does that even mean? It doesn't make any sense. How do you model a computer on a girl? Is it a biocomputer? That never comes up at any point... and at that point, I'm pretty much inserting my own fiction into the story where it doesn't exist.

Let me just... make a list of inconsistancies and oddities:

- Alabaster invaded with ground troops, when they have a huge cannon and a ton of missiles they could have used instead. For what purpose? They clearly used their weapons, because the temple was destroyed.
- Her "father" said that he was able to figure out the secret of the "key", but that he understood why his predecessors couldn't. What does that mean? There is absolutely no explanation for that. Did he find "ye shall abuse Phryne" in that book? Ugg.
- The temple is destroyed, and Clain, Nessa, and Phryne are out in space (taken up by a space elevator). How the hell do they get back to earth?

I'm just going to stop the inconsistencies list there, because my head is starting to hurt.

Other than the three things above, I'm still wondering what happened to Clain's family. His parents are never shown again (his father is understandable because he's out of Fractale's range, but where is his mother? They show the family dog...).

Oh well, at least they gave us a happy ending, and at least Phryne didn't get raped in some sort of ceremony (though we're now 100% certain she was abused, if not through rape, alongside the original Phryne). Actually, thinking about it, other things in previous episodes don't make sense. What the heck was her "father" and those doctors checking on the ship in one of the episodes? The table she was on had stirrups, and his line of "you know what we are checking" made an obvious inference to checking to see if she was still a virgin. That never comes up in the final episode though so.... I don't even care anymore. It's like two different studios made Fractale, and only made a cursory effort to share notes. Combined with Nessa, all of the pain/torment/etc is gone anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

quote]

My guess would be that it was some sort of biocomputer with the AI being modeled on the original girl (or downloading her identity into the biocomputer in its entirety). Keep replenishing your supply of Phrynes through the clone farm, and be ready to repeat the process when the original AI degrades sufficiently (700 years). Since Phryne was numbered in the 150,000 series and the archpriestess was in the 140,000's they'd clearly been doing this for quite some time.

If this is the case, then that happy little video was probably the last record of the original girl since dear dad was taking her to the fractale project to be disassembled and uploaded (just as bad as Phryne's father in many ways).

Alabaster was setting charges to make sure that the job was done and the leadership of the temple was destroyed. I think the choice of name for that faction was pretty good, representing a "pure" white (read totally fanatical) ideal. At least Dias had the courage of his convictions--destroy the temple and fractale, don't try and take it over.

Phryne's father may have found a note that indicated just what had caused a sixteen year old to revert to a ten year old personality (sexual abuse). Either his predecessor's weren't able to read between the lines, or were unwilling to go there in the way that he did. I don't think his predecessors even thought of the Phrynes as human judging by the acid bath removal of surplus or misbehaving clones.

I agree, great gaping hole as to how Clain and Phryne/Nessa get back to his house.

As to the virginity check, the upload was supposed to be accomplished by an identical key to the original girl (although environmental events would surely mean there would be minor physical differences with any clone, even if the genetic material was identical).

Biggest hole is the restarting of fractale. Without the temple structure, we know the whole thing will end in another 1000 years anyway (Enri's comment was right on), so it's good to see someone starting to farm again. But since fractale is still functioning, are they just going to be the fourth millenial equivalent of the Amish?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 1, 2011 3:33 AM

Dec 2010
Disappointing. The "conclusion" makes you wonder if the writers actually had an idea how to resolves this or just made it up as they went. In the end it realy was like a Ghibli movie, starting strong and gradually becoming weaker. Barely holds its 7/10 because of this:
Apr 1, 2011 3:38 AM

Jan 2009
Well, that's one useless bulletproof jacket.
Since them temple guys aren't even using bullets, why'd they even have to use those anyway?

Well... why is it so hard to not mess up an ending? As in, really. A bunch of anime start off great, and then end with crap.
This one is also kind of like that. It started out pretty good, and kept going strong throughout most of it.
And then suddenly a lolwat ending full of drugs and lolfeelings. ┐(-。ー')┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 1, 2011 3:42 AM
Feb 2011
I loved the ending!

No matter how inconsistent the whole show was and how many complaints I had about it. I thought that was a great ending. It was sweet and sad. It just really felt like it worked out the way it was supposed to.

I'm glad I watched Fractale now. If nothing else, that ending made it worth it for me.
losslesswingsApr 1, 2011 3:52 AM
Apr 1, 2011 4:08 AM
Dec 2007
Really average ending, it felt like the series only scratched the universe of Fractale. The developments were very unsatisfactory overall but you can't deny a certain beauty and well-detailled atmosphere to the series. The characters were inconsistent but kind of interesting though. I have mixed feeling about this one : 7/10/

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 1, 2011 4:08 AM
Dec 2007
Really average ending, it felt like the series only scratched the universe of Fractale. The developments were very unsatisfactory overall but you can't deny a certain beauty and well-detailled atmosphere to the series. The characters were inconsistent but kind of interesting though. I have mixed feeling about this one : 7/10/

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 1, 2011 4:32 AM

May 2010
Good series but it feels like so much was left out and that really annoys me. So much potential gone to waste.
Apr 1, 2011 4:41 AM

Jan 2011
Wait where is episode 12? Did the studio run out of money? Or is it going to be a exclusive on the blu-ray?
Apr 1, 2011 4:45 AM

Aug 2010
It was an interesting series but it kind of sputtered at the end imo.
Apr 1, 2011 5:12 AM

Nov 2008
My god.. If only the show had more episodes. The whole thing just feels rushed and so many things are left unexplained or feel half-finished.

I don't even know if the ending was supposed to be happy or sad or bittersweet, it just felt soul-crushing to me. Is new Phryne's personality a fusion of the old one and Nessa's or are they even alternating? The latter would be kind of awkward.

The plot felt lacking and was not concluded in a satisfying way, and the romance part left a lot to be desired.

This show is yet another epitome of missed potential... sigh, there are so few good boy meets girl romance adventures and here I was hoping for a satisfying successor. It was quite good at the start, but became kinda dull along the way.

Sad, so sad..
Apr 1, 2011 5:30 AM

Apr 2009
Fractale started with 5 and ended with 5. It had good moments and a lot of potential, but execution was awful. No amount of pretty art and animation can excuse gaping plot holes, inconsistencies and horrible lack of logic. To me, characters were annoying and the random humor (pervert jokes =___=) was the worst. Some parts dragged and could be completely skipped. Some were only mentioned and then disappeared. I don't mind not seeing Clain's family, but the Fractale system itself? How come they didn't explain it =___=
It seems to me as if they wanted to make this show "deep" while simultaneously "accessible" to all audiences. Aka: some deep meaning to spoon-feed the masses thickly covered with silly romance, stupid jokes and sugary cuteness. :/
Apr 1, 2011 5:40 AM

Aug 2010
I'll take that as an ending. Decent enough but not the best, like the whole series i guess. 7/10 overall.

Nice to see that guy get a stab to the gut, lol.
Apr 1, 2011 5:53 AM

Jan 2009
A good series but should have been a few episodes longer in my opinion. It started well, drifted into the middle with the big change of direction then sprinted to the end without warning. Still I enjoyed it.

Does anyone know if the OP has been released as a single yet?
Apr 1, 2011 5:54 AM

Aug 2009
Now that was one hell of a wasted potential. :/
Several first episodes with the introduction of an interesting premise made me think I'd rate this anime 8, then came the middle part with some utterly annoying aspects and so I lowered the score by 1. However, it was still enjoyable and overall OK. Finally, a fiasco called the last two episodes ensued and made me lower the score yet again and give it 6/10.
The best part of the anime was the ED, I simply love it.

@ManInBlack - yes, the OP/ED single has been released about three weeks ago, I think you can find it on Nipponsei.
metamorphiusApr 1, 2011 6:14 AM
Apr 1, 2011 6:13 AM
Mar 2011
Rodac said: My guess would be that it was some sort of biocomputer with the AI being modeled on the original girl (or downloading her identity into the biocomputer in its entirety). Keep replenishing your supply of Phrynes through the clone farm, and be ready to repeat the process when the original AI degrades sufficiently (700 years). Since Phryne was numbered in the 150,000 series and the archpriestess was in the 140,000's they'd clearly been doing this for quite some time.

If this is the case, then that happy little video was probably the last record of the original girl since dear dad was taking her to the fractale project to be disassembled and uploaded (just as bad as Phryne's father in many ways).

Alabaster was setting charges to make sure that the job was done and the leadership of the temple was destroyed. I think the choice of name for that faction was pretty good, representing a "pure" white (read totally fanatical) ideal. At least Dias had the courage of his convictions--destroy the temple and fractale, don't try and take it over.

Phryne's father may have found a note that indicated just what had caused a sixteen year old to revert to a ten year old personality (sexual abuse). Either his predecessor's weren't able to read between the lines, or were unwilling to go there in the way that he did. I don't think his predecessors even thought of the Phrynes as human judging by the acid bath removal of surplus or misbehaving clones.

I agree, great gaping hole as to how Clain and Phryne/Nessa get back to his house.

As to the virginity check, the upload was supposed to be accomplished by an identical key to the original girl (although environmental events would surely mean there would be minor physical differences with any clone, even if the genetic material was identical).

Biggest hole is the restarting of fractale. Without the temple structure, we know the whole thing will end in another 1000 years anyway (Enri's comment was right on), so it's good to see someone starting to farm again. But since fractale is still functioning, are they just going to be the fourth millenial equivalent of the Amish?

It would be easier to think I was right about Fractale being a biocomputer if Fractale had any personality whatsoever. At no point in the series does Fractale display that it has a mind of its own, or that it is anything other than a regular computer. If they had introduced quirks into the machine that were reminiscent of Nessa (or the original Phryne I guess) the whole thing would have made a bit more sense. Don't get me wrong, it still wouldn't have made any sense why they needed to base Fractale on a girl at all, but at least it would have fit with the story.

I guess we could have been looking at the issue of abuse wrong in Phryne's case. It could have been that the "abuse" wasn't sexual, as much as it was that she was poked and prodded for years until they could figure out how to base Fractale on her (which was a terrible enough process that she created a 10 year old version of herself, named after her stuffed animal). It seems to me like Barrot went through generations of Phryne, trying to come up with the perfect abuse pattern, until he finally settled on a Phryne that was a virgin, but that had been tinkered with extensively (for the development of Fractale). My basis for that is extremely loose though. What kind of bugs me is that they had no way of knowing that she would even work as the key, and there are no 16 year old replacements for her if she failed. You'd think they'd have an army of Phryne's, aged 0-16 (with extermination happening at 17) ready to go, but whatever.

I think Dias made good in this episode. Why he didn't kill Phryne earlier is still a huge logic inconsistency (since he knew she was the key) but he did go through with destroying the temple without any ulterior motives. He did what he said he'd do, and that is pretty respectable. I don't get why they couldn't have fired all of their missiles and their main cannon when the bay doors opened (which worked on the laboratory...) but I guess it's one of those things that just "works" in the sense that it allowed all of the other things to happen (Clain would have been gunned down for sure if the temple guards weren't busy with Alabaster).

I guess Lost Millenium's new job is to figure out how to ween people off Fractale in the next thousand years. It's hard to say if it would be a thousand years though, since there is no temple, and no priestesses to continually update the uhh...firmware? Of the people with terminals (every day with the prayer, and then with the bigger ceremony). So it may be that Fractale won't last nearly as long this time. I'd be worried about humanity figuring out that there is no temple, and going after Phryne (to create another temple/key), but since there won't be a sequel, it doesn't really matter at this point.

I agree completely with others that think an extra 11 or so episodes would have been helpful toward making the plot sensible. I'm not giving the production team a pass (I've seen amazing shows that were six episodes...like FLCL) but they clearly bit off more than they could chew. Oh well, there is always the manga, and the novels, which will hopefully expand on the plot a bit (if the novels ever get translated).
Char0079Apr 1, 2011 6:19 AM
Apr 1, 2011 6:53 AM

Jan 2009
metamorphius said:
@ManInBlack - yes, the OP/ED single has been released about three weeks ago, I think you can find it on Nipponsei.

Many thanks! :)
Apr 1, 2011 7:26 AM

Nov 2008
I loved this anime. I'm actually a fan of slow paced anime's. I have no idea why but I like them. The ending was nice. The fact that it was Phryne's body and Nessa's personality was awesome. I love Nessa, so I liked it. I didn't like the fact that Sunda died, but at least they were all happy.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.