Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 23, 2007 7:56 PM

Jun 2007
I think they did an awesome job with the time skip so far. I also craved in and got the RAW of the episode earlier this morning thankfully that ass. file come out soon after it finally got done downloading. XD Really this seires is my favorite show airing.

Over all I really enjoyed this episode a lot. I loved seeing how every one had grown up and all. More so like every one else Simon and Viral. Viral isn't going to be the main bad guy after all which makes what I've said before wrong but I'm happy he didn't. He's even cooler now. XD

I laught so hard at when Nia refused poor Simon proposal cause of the way he asked. The whole part where she is with Kiyoh and Kiyal, the two sisters where to funny in the backround while Nia was on the phone.

I will say this, I don't think Rossiu is going to be an a-hole forever. He has his reasons but the brat better get over them or else.

By the way SS-BSS just put out this ep. in MKV. Also I was wondering if I was the only one that had a hard time playing there files? I was Media Player Classic to play it and it come out really laggy. So if any one is having the same problem or knows what I need to do the fit it please let me know.
Jul 24, 2007 8:33 PM

Apr 2007
Awesome episode, likeing the time skip so far. I'm hoping we'll see more Yoko soon, show seems different with so little of her :(
Just like everyone else was saying.. Rossiu has turned in to an ass, he got on my nerves many times throughout the episode.
Jul 25, 2007 12:00 AM

May 2007
Just finished watching the new episode a little while ago. The time skip was great, I really enjoyed seeing how all the characters had grown.

It looks like Rossiu is putting priorities and politics over the people.Worrying more about Lord Genome's prophecy than others. It almost seems like he's planning to start a coup. It'll be interesting to see what he plans on doing in the future.

During the preview for the next episode, was that Lord Genome in a rehabilitation tube? You'd think a gaping hole in the chest would prevent any sort of revival.
Jul 25, 2007 4:30 AM
Mar 2007

JUST AS PLANNED.
Jul 26, 2007 12:15 AM

Jul 2007
hi windy you are awesome. oh and... yeah you are awsome.
*points at windy's profile page*

windy said:
BSS released their .ass half an hour ago, gogogo!

Thought this ep rocked so hard, the only thing I didn't like was huge lack of Yoko : Hope she comes back from her excursion soon.

Yoko = Roy Mustang, she'll show up when she's needed. remember the whole girl-falling-in-the-hole-with-her-rifle-blazing scene? yeah...

windy said:
Rossiu sure turned into a prick, hope he and Simon can work it out.

Rossiu probably won't fight anymore, who knows :S
personally i don't want him to die, just want him to wake up.

windy said:
NiaChannel ftw.

this was forseen x_x but totally dreaded =( NYAA!!!!!!!!

windy said:
OH AND VIRAL. THIS PART'S IN CAPS BECAUSE, VIRAL.
HE TURNED GOOD!? EXCELLENT!!
/ME ADDS HIM TO FAVS

Viral turning good = expected too? ;x i mean the whole him questioning the meaning of human existence, and the whole him not killing simon on the aircraft carrier ganmen.

Fisher said:

During the preview for the next episode, was that Lord Genome in a rehabilitation tube? You'd think a gaping hole in the chest would prevent any sort of revival.

his heart is gone, but his brain still exists, therefore Rossiu is using lord genome's body to get the answers he wanted ... wait ... that sounded wrong ... oh well it's just Rossiu so nobody really cares.
momo_Jul 26, 2007 12:23 AM
Jul 26, 2007 1:21 PM

Jul 2007
It was a good episode.

But I'm confused as to why Nia went all, 'Exterminate Humans' on us. What is she really?
Jul 29, 2007 12:19 AM

Dec 2006
Like she mentioned during the little speech at the end, she is part of the Han-Rasen Tribe, the Anti Spirals. I'm guessing Lordgenome was one of them aswell, which points to how he knew this was going to happen to the Earthlings.

I'm going out on a limb here, but It also sheds the mystery when Lordgenome said in Episode 15 about how he was protecting the humans (Obviously by keeping them underground) and it was the only way the humankind could live on earth. Appearently for some reason the Han-Rasen don't want more than 1 million above ground? Just theorizing, but seems plausible.

Anyway, I loved this episode, it was good seeing most of the characters, though some changes were totally unexpected; I'm hoping to see Rossiu's reasons in the next episode and why turned into such a douchebag lol
リスト 。。

Oct 14, 2007 10:53 AM

Jul 2007
holy frickin frick, older simon is extremely sexy

lol, i JUST saw this episode. i'm really behind in the series o_o
but it's interesting~ evil nia o_o
Oct 16, 2007 4:11 PM

Aug 2007
black-order subs came out today,
so i also saw this episode just now.

great episode once again, the time jump just makes all the characters even better.
Jan 26, 2008 11:29 PM

Dec 2007
Heh, I wasn't really expecting that time skip. Heh, humanity has turned in a bunch of pricks. xD

Also... Rossiu and Kinon have changed a lot!! V_V I'm part of the ones who expect Rossiu to wake up, let's see what happens.

And... I already miss Yoko. =(
Jan 27, 2008 4:36 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome timeskip. 7 years seems too soon for civilisation to progress that much, I know this anime likes to play things loose, but still, the writers could have made it a longer period of time.

I like where the anime is going with things, its attempts at depth amid the wackiness is much appreciated. As long as Simon's path to victory remains complex and full of sacrifices, then I'll be content.

Regarding Rossiu, its not like the dude's evil, he's just a 'good' guy that happens to be a polar opposite of Simon. His character has been a bit of a bore through the series though, which I found disappointing. Its still possible to have a good character walk a diffeent path without being so stoic all the time, but oh well, with Viral's evilness toned down, we need an antagonist to counter Simon and Rossiu is it for the moment.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 10, 2008 5:58 PM

Dec 2007
Basically the series has gotten better since the time skip. I think that they were able to get such advanced technology so quickly is probably through reverse-engineering the technology that was in the capital already. Rossiu is pretty much becoming his father, he wants what's good for the whole but has to detach his feelings for the individuals who might have to suffer. Seeing Dari and Gimi taking the roles as the new pilots was pretty cool to see. I'm pretty sure that Yoko will be back once she hears that there's something threatening humanity. Also, that big flying thing and crazy Nia both look like something out of Tron, which was probably the best crappy movie ever made.

#NBHNC
May 25, 2008 1:59 PM

Nov 2007
Whoa, amazing episode! Simon is cool now ^^
May 25, 2008 2:05 PM
Jun 2007
shewanie said:
Whoa, amazing episode! Simon is cool now ^^

Mmh. He's 21 after the timeskip.

Jun 15, 2008 12:43 PM

Feb 2008
...............HOly Crap what happened to Nia!!!!!1 --_--
Aug 10, 2008 5:37 AM

May 2008
A Nia x Simon is fine too. Though I don't want Yoko to stay single forever.:(

And I always knew there was something about that hair.
Sure enough, she's a Lunarian.

I've never like Rossiu. Just maybe a little bit in his introduction episode.
But I HATE his as a Gurren Langann pilot. Of all people to be piloting alongside Simon, HIM?!?!?

It was so lame him being co-pilot.

I actually like him better now though. New Rossiu is pretty darn cool to me actually.
Instead of liking him less like a lot of people here do, I like him a lot more now.
Just don't ever get back down in that sacred seat alongside Simon. You are not worthy Rossiu, you never were. I always wanted to a see a Simon x Yoko or Simon x Nia cockpit duo, but no, I got Simon x Rossiu. Damnit.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Those two kids from the Ganmen cult now piloting Ganmen = pure win.
ukonkiviAug 10, 2008 5:59 AM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 14, 2008 11:12 PM

Apr 2008
really good ep. though.....hmmm... no Yoko? hope that's not a permanent thing(i know it's not but i hope its not too long either)

Sep 6, 2008 1:33 AM

Mar 2008
I agree with Cihan...I really like how this episode added another layer to the show but still retaining the fast-pasted, silly essence. It's great to see the characters' older designs and how their personalities matured. I feel really sorry for Simon-all that paperwork to do. o.o

I loved the story of Simon's proposal to Nia. xD Like how she's still so innocent that she misunderstood Simon's attempt to be romantic at first. But how it worked out in the end was really sweet. I'm intrigued by evil!Anti-Spiral!Nia. Since she was created by Genome, maybe she's made up of something (for lack of a better phrase) that's somehow related to the Anti-Spirals? Well, at least her white/light-blue hair color makes a little more sense now, since it's lunar colors. :D

I guess I'm the second person to like new Rossiu better, since he's gotten a lot more interesting now. He did make a point there about how the Brigade members didn't know how to manage a government...after all, most of them have been living in underground villages (if I recall this correctly-since I skipped the clip show-it was just one guy ordering them what to do and trying to silence down if there would be anyone who should rebel, etc.; Rossiu's village, let me see if I could recall correctly again, had set rules and such) or wandering around fighting Ganmen like the Black Siblings, so they do basically have to start civilization over. It's also apparent how his upbringing in Adai is showing through, as Simon mentioned.

Viral's back! And I agree that a Simon-Viral duo would be awesome. I wonder in what ways would his immortality play in the future plot.

Hopefully, Yoko will be back next episode...? ^^b
Sep 29, 2008 6:14 AM

Aug 2008
Damn, I suspected Nia of being something more, maybe an enemy trap, but this is just overkill :(
Oct 1, 2008 3:50 PM

Jun 2007
It's funny seeing everyone older. Although Rossiu is now an arse. However, Viral is still around, so that's pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see where this whole anti-spiral thing goes.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Oct 25, 2008 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
viral lives! everyone (almost) looks cooler now xD
anyways, it's amazing how they advanced that much in a matter of seven years 0_0 and rossiu is somewhat getting more annoying >.< he kinda relates with the whole population control thing too, considering the village he came from..

slackerpaul said:
really good ep. though.....hmmm... no Yoko? hope that's not a permanent thing(i know it's not but i hope its not too long either)

YOKO!
Oct 26, 2008 3:35 PM
Apr 2008
Great episode... I hate Roshiu now. :P

The best scene was where Simon proposed to Nia... and then she said "No way!"
Best "sudden fall to the ground" (another anime concept i can't explain) moment ever :P

This new enemy seems interesting, and all the characters are good apart from Roshiu. I found it weird but quite cool that Kiyon and Dayakka's baby was the one that tipped it over the edge and started the whole process of crazy shi- going on.

Oct 29, 2008 10:29 PM

Oct 2008
Whoah new opening! Seems they started with the second verse of Sorairo Days this time. Grown up Simon looks so freaking GAR! Nia looks pretty as always....Gimmy and Darray looks cool/cute too :3 Rossiu looks really cool too, Yoko looks...sexy as ever but more mature, Kittan and the others don't seem to have changed much at all o.o Viral is WTH GAR TOO! and lastly Boota hasn't turned into a big yummy steak yet. What gives? All based from the opening :3 Looots of pause rewind play going on haha. Overall the new opening is good imo, since it's the beginning of a new arc.

On to episode critique!
Nice name for a city, Kamina city :3. Giant Kamina statue was nice to see too. I can't believe that old man is a beastman lol. Did anyone else notice the T.V. screen next to the poster of young Simon and Kamina? It played the scene from episode 1 where Simon and Kamina are riding on the Mole-Pigs to try to break through the ceiling :].

SIMON AND NIA HAVE TO GET MARRIED! ARGH WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US!?

And that Rossiu..what is he planning :(.

This arc will be so freaking exciting!
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Nov 2, 2008 11:29 AM

Sep 2008
omg naruto shippuuden but gurren lagann like infinity times better :). i dont like Rossiu at all now D:
Nov 21, 2008 5:47 AM

Nov 2008
Episode 17 = More DBZ + Code Geass + Eflen Lied + 12 Monkeys + Independence Day

So, 7 years, Simon is 21 huh ? I've expected him to become at least an adult with some more brains, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to grow up at all.

Ah, and Roshiu's turn to become the villain now. Interesting ! :)

Still miss Yoko and Kamina. I hope he comes back to life, somehow...
The wind is my voice, the moon is my heart. I'm here... So close to you... - "Lullaby", Yuki Kajiura
Dec 5, 2008 12:54 PM

Mar 2008
Oh wow. The epicness is back already ! Great episode, i loved that turn of events. Rossiu is so great now. Simon also has a nice look :)

Can't wait to see more !
Dec 6, 2008 2:24 AM

Jul 2008
FenixAiur said:

And... I already miss Yoko. =(

Me too ):

Dec 18, 2008 6:29 PM
Apr 2008
I had to watch this raw. I really like time jumps so this episode was pretty good to me.
Jan 9, 2009 11:33 PM

Jun 2008
NIA'S AWFUL HAIR IS BACK D:D:D:1!11!1!

Oh well, at least Forehead doesn't look as stupid.
Jan 14, 2009 3:16 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting change of settings. Will Rossiu become the new "bad guy"?
Jan 30, 2009 3:39 PM

Apr 2008
Nice episode, Simon is still cool :)
but Rossiu is now an annoying bastard.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Apr 12, 2009 12:17 AM

Jan 2009
Ok, this episode definetly changed my point of wiew of TTGL, still not what im expecting, Simon grow up is the sexy shit. Anyway i hope Rossiu gets aids, seriusly... why the hell he has turned like this?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
May 7, 2009 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
Grmo said:
NIA'S AWESOME HAIR IS BACK :D:D:D1!11!1!

Oh well, at least Forehead doesn't look as stupid.

Fixed.
May 29, 2009 11:08 PM

Oct 2008
The funny thing is they haven't realised they have reacher over 1 million "apes" on the planet, I loled alot when they suspected anti-government troops were the ones who sent that faceless ganmen. When are they finally going catch on?

As to why Rossiu is a PMSing lil bitch, it's probably because of his sense of responsibility. Before he came to the surface he had to look after the underground city and its inhabitants, since he feels the same way about Kamina City he feels he has to play the role of the protector now. Rossiu doesn't see Simon doing anything, so he feels he has to "step up to the plate". Even though his actions are understandable, it doesn't make them any more justifiable; he's still a little bitch.

Cmon, give us a Viral/Simon with a little bit of Yoko team!
Jun 11, 2009 12:39 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, this time skip was awesome. Simon is just so cool now. And I loved when Nia turned him down :-------DDDD
This seems now lot more interesting ~~

Jul 15, 2009 9:24 AM

Dec 2008
This episode was a bit slow, the time skip was interesting. Cant wait to see what will happen next.
Jul 16, 2009 9:06 AM
May 2008
It's almost like a new show with the time skip... and I'm definitely liking where it is heading.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 20, 2009 9:42 PM

Nov 2008
People who want Rossiu to die or otherwise hate him, I guess you hate when characters become interesting. Anime needs pricks, you know. He's becoming an important foil to Simon's emotional outbursts. Simon acts on his heart, and Rossiu wants to be cold and calculating.

Same thing when people couldn't appreciate Nina from CG just because she's a racist and a bitch and crazy. That's why she's great!

Rossiu went from a character I strongly disliked in the first 15 episodes to a character whom I enjoy and want to see more of. Whether he'll end up being a misunderstood good guy or flip to the dark side, I don't know yet.
Jul 29, 2009 3:22 PM

Jun 2009
It is interesting to see Rossiu and Viral's personalities in this other perspective, it makes the story more "intelligent" since there isn't a clear distinction between what is good and what is evil. By the way, loved the militarized character of Simon's new dictatorship, it kinda reminds me of the good ol' days in Latin America. =P
Aug 8, 2009 10:53 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode. I can definitely see Rossiu becoming evil, or at least a bad guy of some sort... :\

Older Simon is... wow. XD

What happened to Nia? She programmed by something to exterminate humans? Was the Spiral King also "anti-spiral"? Then why call him the Spiral King? D: Questions, questions. This new arc looks very promising though.
Aug 12, 2009 11:39 PM

Apr 2008
Man, Rossiu is a total prick. I always thought it would be good for someone in the group to turn on the rest ever since the first couple of episodes, but I had always hoped it'd have been Kamina or Simon. Would've made for better story-telling IMO. But I guess Rossiu works.
Aug 29, 2009 6:53 PM

Aug 2009
WTF IS GOING ON? SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED IN THIS EPISODE!
I'M CONFUSED AS HELL! NIA BECAME A VILLAIN? THE HELL IS THAT?
Sep 28, 2009 6:29 AM

Sep 2009
Rossiu turned into a major asshole

could have used more Yoko

i liked the time skip and the older Simon and Nia

also Viral as a good guy is just awesome :)

his gotta be one of my favourite characters and hope he and Simon team up

the new enemy anti-spirals seem pretty interesting :3

what i didn't like was that they got rid of their ganmen wtf !!! D:<

Oct 15, 2009 3:15 PM

Jun 2009
From what I've seen, this still seems like a show I could love, but I must say I prefered the former "feel" it gave.
Though I liked what they did with the time skip, and I liked Rossiu a lot in the first few minutes, then started to gradually dislike him as a person over the course of the episode.(I still like him a lot as a character).

And unlike most, I already liked him before the timeskip.
He was cute xD
(And what the hell was about Rossiu remembering Nia's food seven years after eating? Random moment cameo FTW xD)

Now, about the civilization itself, it actually seemed to have progressed the most likely and realistic way (only 20 times faster or more).

They reverse enginered new tech, then started researching brand new tech, and finally, once they realised they could do better mecha's than the ganmen, they disposed of all the ganmen with the exception of Gurren Lagann (for its power, symbolism, as a precaution or a combination of all three).

Oh well, maybe next episode will bring back my desire to rank this anime a 10 ^^
Oct 19, 2009 7:59 AM

May 2009
Rossiu definitely changed the most, power gone to his head? At first I thought he was going to be the new villain until these new Anti Spirals showed up. Wondering what the hell they are, they appear to be some advanced alien race as they were talking about human reaching level 2 or whatever. On to the next episode.

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Nov 11, 2009 7:37 PM

Jun 2009
I like the change of tone, I hope it keeps it up.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 12, 2009 2:44 AM

Apr 2009
I like this arc better than the last..the last had no feeling or motivation..this one is mildly better.
Nov 12, 2009 2:52 AM

Jul 2009
I hated this arc... Doesn't get better till later...
あらあら。。。^^
Jan 8, 2010 1:48 PM

Aug 2009
Loving the time jump, everything is so Star Wars-ish.
Jan 28, 2010 8:42 AM

Oct 2009
Loved the time skip, thought Simon was perfect, just kinda laying around looking about all the time, and so was Nia.

OH, and the massive Kamina statue.
Hope Yoko is back soon.

Wow Rossiu, what a bitch. He's trying to get people to refer to Simon by his full title and everything, but he so doesn't see him as incharge. If the other guys all decide to revolt, I hope it is rightfully against him rather than Simon. Although Simon could shuush him up a bit, but I guess that's not his nature.
Potential in Viral though, definately.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1151 by Spiral26 »»
Apr 8, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.