MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 154 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's »» Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 154 Discussion

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
View Poll Results: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 154 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

44 89.80%
4 out of 5: Liked it

3 6.12%
3 out of 5: It was OK

0.00%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 4.08%
Voters: 49

03-30-11, 9:48 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As I expected Junk Warrior defeated Red demon's Dragon ^^
Yusei will always stay the best duelist :)

Aki, Rua, Ruka, Jack, Crow and Yusei are going to start their own life from now on and Yugioh 5D's ended.

03-30-11, 9:58 AM

for the last time...CHILDREN CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!!!

03-30-11, 10:00 AM

We all children in the mind Hakey, that's why we continue watch anime.

Indeed Ruka become more kawaii as adult.

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

03-30-11, 10:49 AM

The end of the best Yu-Gi-Oh series ever too bad it goes downhill from there with Zexal.

10/10

03-30-11, 12:18 PM

you can't know for that.
Wait a little for Zexal. ^^

03-30-11, 3:09 PM

It wasn't the ending I was expecting - a flash into the future to see what Rua, Ruka, Crow, JACK and Aki get up to after they leave Neo-Domino. I was expecting to see Yusei when it went back to the duel XD It was nice to see them revisiting places from the first few episodes, and hell, Rally and the others showed up o_o

Three epic insert songs over the finales and Road to Tomorrow, plus I'm relieved that Yusei and Aki didn't actually get together in the end, though the scene felt shoehorned in for the fans' sake. Regardless, it was a great finish to the best YGO not judging Zexal, but not expecting to like it more

3 years gone by so quickly, I'm just glad we got to see such a pleasant conclusion :3

03-30-11, 11:06 PM

Haha yeah; to think that we've been watching this anime for three whole years now. It's been quite an epic story, from the Fortune Cup, to the Dark Signers, to the random fillers after that, to the WRGP, and finally to the Machine Gods.

Now that I think about it, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's was always about ADULTS playing CHILDREN'S card games; after all, only adults are able to get their license to ride their motorcycles. But it was probably easier to make this anime appeal to older audiences, because most of the characters weren't silly naive children.

I liked how the anime opened with Junk Warrior as the first Synchro monster, and it ended in the same manner. And also that well-earned romance between Yusei and Aki. The final duel wasn't as epic as when Yugi faced Yami, or when Yugi faced Jayden, but I guess it felt like more like a symbolic duel to reflect on the events of the story, rather than just one duel that made all the previous ones seem redundant.

Not especially looking forward to Zexal either, but I'll watch a few eps and see if that same genius in the strategy of playing Yu-Gi-Oh is still there.

03-31-11, 12:41 PM

So...I'm guessing that Crimson Blazar Dragon was just a rumor or something...>_<

04-01-11, 5:09 AM

Ulquiorra48 said:
So...I'm guessing that Crimson Blazar Dragon was just a rumor or something...>_<

I don't think CBD as a rumor. If you could understand Japanese well and read those tiny letter in episode 149...
"t was mentioned as being Yusei's Delta Accel Synchro Monster on the Z-one's profile of Yusei Fudo" ~Deltaneos

When the scene goes to future( yay! Ruka is so kawai!!) I think it would be different version from GX ending where the conclusion is not shown. Likely no winner was even decided by the writers, but people have been free to speculate.

Now we get different ending for each.
Epic ending, battle where..( ugh, can't find word to describe this but probably already know) , and a clear ending( I think clear is the best word to describe this ending).

04-03-11, 1:02 AM

Time goes by so fast.
It was a pleasant conclusion.
Now we go to downhill with Zexal (at least at the beginning)
Ruka is becomes really good looking as a mature girl ^^

Btw, dunno if someone noted it, but YGO has followed a pattern with its 4 seasons so far.
We started with YGO and got ancient stuff and gods, then we move to a school type YGO (GX), we go to 5D's which is another thematic, also ancient Crimson Dragon, ancient warriors applied to a future scheme. Now, with Zexal, we go back to a school themed YGO (well at least it seems to be the case)

04-03-11, 4:03 AM

Yeah, it certainly gone by quick. I remember when I first saw this. I thought it was ridiculous with the whole dueling on motorcycle thing. But when I actually watched it, since its yugioh after all, it turned out awesome =D. Best series so far. I sort of doubt the next one will top this but I guess I have to wait and see. 8/10 oh and thank goodness aki and yusei didnt kiss, especially since its the last episode. Just doesnt seem very yugioh like xD.. if that makes sense.

04-03-11, 4:05 AM

Nice ending for a good series.Was fun ^^ , though I still say Yusei and Aki hooked up in the end bwahahahahaha
She had her eyes closed at some point...I have the feeling the producers trying to tease the fans at the end by making them ask if they did kiss or not...lmfao
That proves it Jack's wife and lover is the duel...=)) poor fangirls...And Ruka is so cute when she gets older....>.> though it shows them in London [ yes that's London ]...I would have hoped they'd show us when they are older and they meet again...
Modified by mel-hime, 04-03-11, 4:08 AM

04-03-11, 10:52 AM

Awesome ending. Good duel between Yusei and Jack (Junk Warrior FTW xD), Yusei x Aki moment, Rua and Ruca as adult and more... I miss this series already T_T. 3 years past too fast.

04-03-11, 1:46 PM

I got to love my 5ds T^T My friend even though she has watched a few scenes since I started watching it , she even cried at the last epi T^T

I can't say I RLY liked the ending . The duel ofc was predictable . Yusei would never lose and since Jack was King , I was sure then he'd stay back . I guess the scene Yusei x Aki was predictable too though I rly wanted them to actually say something but their eyes mirroring each other was good enough ! What I hated is that instead of showing they are coming back to town , they were all away never knowing when they'll actually come back . I know eternal bonds etc etc but still , they should be coming back after achieving their goals . And what happened to Yusei ? He stayed a prof ? Mehh , poor him all alone T^T
Also , Jack x Carly ... Wasn't he supposed to love her ? He just left her now ? Wtf >_> It took me ages to accept that he said that and when I accepted the fact that he'll never be like Kaiba , he just acts like an ass and goes to be King all alone >_> What a bish . And Mikage saying he has no connection with any of them ... HE HAS @ With Carly ! >_>

Either way , I'll rly miss 5ds T.T It was a routine every week watching a new epi T.T I'll even miss the OVERUSEEEEEEEE of the words "kizuna" and "kibo" :c Aww T.T

PS: Ruka became a hawtie in the future !! Crow even more ! <3

04-03-11, 2:15 PM

The ending was quite good, better than GX. Even if it didn't had an epic duel, but it was very symbolic for the series theme. If it wasn't YGO, surely Yusei & Aki would kiss each other.

I liked the fact that we saw the characters very later in the future and the paths they chosen. It would be nice though if we were able to see the path that other important supporting characters chose. Ex. Sherry, Carly, Team Ragnarok, etc.

However, the anime was left with many plot holes. And the second season felt so rushed in a way, towards the end. Let me state a few of the plot holes.

1. We were never told what Momentum is exactly. It was firstly said that it was an energy source, then the power of human evolution.

2. We didn't know much about the Crimson Dragon. Just that 10000 years ago, he fought against the Crimson Devil. To be honest, I thought we would get another arc telling us about the past that played such an important role, similar to the original series. There were many hints of the past after all, including the hero that resembled Jack.

3. The mysterious Yliaster man that was never revealed. I am talking about this guy. I can't believe he was just some random Yliaster guy, he appeared 2 times, I think.

4. The whole Sherry thing. She wanted to avenge for her dead parents, but it was not confirmed who exactly from the Yliaster killed her parents. It was just hinted that it was Clark. And also, she said that Yliaster were chasing her so many years for the Z-ONE card. In the present, the 3 Emperors didn't even seem to care about the card or even know her. The Z-ONE card seemed very important but later nobody cared about it.

5. I did not understand back there how Aki lost her powers and then she regained them.

Those are a few of the plot holes that I can bring on my mind right now. Unless there was an answer on some episode and I did not noticed.

Anyway, it was a little annoying that Yusei was so perfect and never lost. He knew everything about a single card. He didn't felt like human. At least Judai lost and even Atemu. And if anyone is watching Vanguard, the main character Aichi has lost many times making him more normal.

I also did not like the fact that in the second season it focused so much on Yusei, Jack & Crow and it left the other characters without screentime.

Overall it was a great series, equal to the first ones. 9/10

And ZEXAL looks horrible, I don't think I will bother with it.

04-03-11, 2:42 PM

i felt both teased and trolled when aki closed her eyes. though i didnt expect the future part in the begining. i was like, so wait we never get to find out who won the duel. Well, tis the end of a great yugioh series
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).

04-03-11, 4:37 PM

Best Yu-Gi-Oh series ever.

This will always be my favourite, plot-hole scattered, card-game-based, motorcycle riding Anime ever.

You stole my heart 5D's, and I'm never getting it back.

04-03-11, 5:08 PM

I loved this series. I have been with Yu-Gi-Oh! since the beginning and 5Ds has come out as my Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! so far. I love Yusei's bad-ass personality and looks and I love synchro summons. Ruka looked so cute when she was older. >3< I will really miss Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds being a duelist myself. I loved the duels and cards in this series so much. And so far I am not liking Zexel to much but we will have to wait and see. 10/10

04-04-11, 8:34 PM

can't believe it's over, i think im gonna cry lol

a little disappointed with the yusei + aki part, but anyway, it was a good ending

it's your turn now i guess...

Modified by SlashBlack, 04-05-11, 12:54 PM

04-04-11, 9:13 PM

I cannot fking rest until team 5ds reunite. The akixyusei is what pissed me off the most. Every generation of Yugioh involved a romantic undertone between the main male and female protagonists, but NEVER developed upon it. By far this was the best Yugioh series in existence due to the maturity, but come on dudes, wtf.

I loved the timeskip part, but everything else was a kick in the sack.
Jack chose dueling over three different women. Sorry Carly/Kari...I loved you most.
Yusei vs. Yugi....why hasn't it happened yet....................
Aki x Yusei...needs to happen
Crimson Dragon is shown to be a loli in human form.........why not? >:3

The creators of Zexal..please go **** yourself. HOW DARE YOU regress that much. The only people who support you guys are the ones who were children back when the 1st Yugioh aired; face it, yugioh is not for kids anymore; similarly to pokemon. More adults/teenagers watch the anime/buy the cards compared to children. Yuma Tsukumo..go jump off a cliff please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

YES, I AM A RAGING FANBOY..............................................................
A small request: If there is a post of mine that you dislike, or want to discuss with me, please do so on my profile's comment page. I know it defeats the purpose of forums, but, I usually don't revisit forum threads after a post (unless it's my own) due to extreme laziness, and confusion. I enjoy discussing/ flame warring with others XD.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices